50's / 60's Region - #2 The Rolling Stones vs #3 Led Zeppelin vs #6 Elvis Presley

The Rolling Stones vs Led Zeppelin vs Elvis Presley

• The Rolling Stones

• Led Zeppelin

• Elvis Presley

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

70's Region Final Four Match #2

#2 The Rolling Stones vs #3 Led Zeppelin vs #6 Elvis Presley

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Polls will be open for 7 days. You don't need to vote right away - let's see some debate on these two bands before you all vote the winner in!

I honestly can't understand why Led Zepplin is beating Elvis. I love Zepplin, but, Elvis is the single greatest American musical artist of all time. He wasn't merely popular. Elvis was a way of life. Realistically speaking, in my opinion, this tournament should come down to Elvis versus the Beatles. The biggest musical act in American history against the biggest musical act in British history. Led Zepplin is an awesome band, but there is no way that their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. was greater than Elvis Aaron Presley. Should Led Zepplin win this round, it will be because people don't actually understand the mark Elvis left.

Led Zepplin is the more talented band, that is why they are winning, because they have MORE TALENT, and simply better, Elvis is simply put on of the most overrated musicians of all fucking time, he wasn't nearly as talented as people say he was, anybody and I mean anybody could do what he did, he was just in the right place at the right time, Led Zepplin on the other hand was is fucking incredible, and not too many if many bands out there have more talent these guys, you can't just throw a few random musicians together and get the quality and talent that these guys produced, unlike with Elvis, anybody can do that crap, Zepplin should have knocked Elvis out in the last round, simply because they are MORE TALENTED

Nobody can deny the mark Elvis left on not only music, but culture as well. He is widely considered the greatest this and the greatest that. But the fact is, that was in a different time. Music was more simple, culture and people were a lot less diverse. Led Zeppelin, along with Black Sabbath, started everything metal/hard rock. I was watching a documentary the other day, "Heavy: The Story of Metal". Almost all big musicians they interviewed, which was a lot, accredited Sabbath and Zeppelin to starting metal. I can't remember who said it, but they basically explained that all modern metal/hard rock bands use a basic template; the harder, darker Sabbath template, or Zeppelin's template... As a base, anyways.

Sure, Elvis, the Stones as well, are epic musicians who will always be considered, "the greatest". Rightfully so. However, it all goes back to my point about times changing. The times we live in, Zeppelin, evidently made a bigger impact.

As it has been stated Zeppelin influnced almost ever thing that came after it. Elvis is truly great but I look at influnence and I can't think of anyone who has has the influnence that Zeppelin has had.

As it has been stated Zeppelin influnced almost ever thing that came after it. Elvis is truly great but I look at influnence and I can't think of anyone who has has the influnence that Zeppelin has had.

Very true. But the Stones influenced Zepplin. This is a phenomenal 3 way dance, but I can't believe the Stones don't have more votes. They have been selling out venues and making great music for 4o years!! I saw them in concert 2 years ago and they still blew the roof off. Yes, wrinkely old Mick Jagger and Keith Richards still have more energy then many of the young rock bands today.

Regardless, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these 3 choices. All three have contributed so much to rock music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back