3rd best D-X member

Showtime

It's Showtime!
Clearly HHH and Micheals have been the most successful wrestlers that were apart of the legendary DX. But for a year from WM98 to WM99 and later again in 99, DX was HHH, Bad Ass Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, and X-Pac. So I wondered, who out of those three has had the best career, who of the other guys from DX has had the most successful career or who do you think is or could've been the greater wrestler. Let us look first.

Bad Ass Billy Gunn, Mr Ass, Kip James: Clearly has had a very successful WWE run and longest; a 10-time tag champion (5 with Road Dogg, 3 with Bart Gunn, 2 with Chuck), as well as a 2-time Hardcore champion and IC champion. He was also the winner of the 1999 King of the Ring which led to a match at SummerSlam verse The Rock. His career in TNA has not been very successfully thus far. Feuds with Team 3D and LAX with former NAO member, B.G James, but no titles.

Road Dogg, B.G. James, The Real Double J: Original claim to fame was him singing Jeff Jarrets music and the feud between them that never happened. Has been a 5-time tag team champion with Billy Gunn, as well as a former Hardcore and Intercontinental Champion. The mouth piece of the tag team, he's also been a two time NWA world tag team champion in TNA with 3Live Kru. Reformed with Kip James to form VKM, with small success.

X-Pac, 123 Kid, Syxx: Is a 4-time tag team champion, a former European champion and has held the WWE light heavy weight title and the WCW cruiserweight title. He is also the first man to ever hold them at the same time. He is also a former TNA X-Division champion, was part of the NWO (but then again who wasn't) and nearly won the WWE title in an exciting match verse Bret Hart.

Warning: Bonus Choice

You know what, just for the hell of it I'm going to throw Chyna in the mix.

Chyna, Joanne Laurer: 3-Time IC champion (more than any of her male DX counterparts in this argument) and a 1-Time Women's champion, a title which she never lost, but was forced to vacate. She was the first women to be in the Royal Rumble (30th entrant in 99, eliminated Mark Henry), the King of the Ring tournament, and to be named number one contender for the WWE title.

So those are the choices. So who in your opinion has been the 3rd best former member of D-X, who has been the biggest disappointment, who deserved better, or were any of them even good and were they just merely along for the ride, opinions?

To me it's a toss up. Billy Gunn has clearly done the most out of the group. He was with the WWE longer than any of the other members and in that time formed three multiple time tag team champion teams with Bart Gunn, Road Dogg, and Chucky Palumbo. But while he has shown to be an impressive tag team wrestler, his singles career appears to resemble more failed chances. He won KotR, but little came of it. He was an IC champion, but only for a month.

Chyna is the other toss up. Opposite end of the spectrum, she had the shortest wrestling career out of all the other members. But what she did can't be measured in time. She broke boundaries by being the only women to regularly compete with men. She had more IC reigns than the other three members put together and feuded with many top stars like HHH, Jericho, Foley, Jarret, Guerrero. Undefeated at Wrestlemania where she also won the Women's championship, she could've gone on to become the most dominant Women's champion ever had Steph not given her the boot for her former relationship with HHH.

So, my pick is going to be for Gunn, mostly because he's really the only one still actively wrestling in one of the big two companies, so he may be the only one who can add to his already fairly impressive resume. Chyna's career was too short to give her the title as the 3rd best member. Road Dogg hasn't done too much aside from teaming with Gunn to form NAO, which is a shame because he was my favourite of the group. Despite constant familiar chants of X-Pac sucks, X-Pac was actually a talented worker who suffered tremendously by being a small guy in a big man's wrestling world. Today, X-Pac might've stood a better chance, but back then he was never going to be more than an underdog or a little pest. He also bounced between companies and suffered because of his many absences from ever establishing himself with just one company. To me, X-Pac could've been great, but bad choices by him and being to small for his time made it almost impossible for him to be taken seriously as a legitimate star.

So everyone, reminisce and tell us all who you think the third best DX member is.

DX was one of the best stables in the history of wrestling and yes HHH and HBK are at the top of the mountain in the group.

I would have to say the the Road Dog was the next best thing in DX. His mic skills carried that group for a long time. He has held multiple titles. I really wish they brought him back when DX reformed.

XPac and BA Billy gunn were great too, but I really think that the Road Dog was the backbone of the group.

To me your questions a bit confusing because you're asking who the 3rd best DX member is, and then rating them by accomplishments that in many case didn't even have to do with just their time in DX or their relation to the DX group, which is what your questions referring to. So if you're asking who the 3rd best DX member was, to me all that should really count is the time frame they were involved with DX and what they accomplished during that time, the impact they had, and their influence with the group.

Either way, I think Chyna wins here. Chyna had far more impact in the DX group as a whole then any of the other three. You could replace any of the other three and likely not have lost some important piece of the make up, but Chyna was an important piece of the make up all on her own. She was unique to DX. She was an original member with HHH and Shawn Michaels, and stood out for how different she was as bodyguards go. She changed the way women could be percieved and what role they could have, clearly. That goes beyond simple accomplishments like title reigns, etc. She was involved with far more high profile feuds and moments in DX history then any of the other members. Not only that, but Chyna herself revolutionized women's wrestling in a sense by becoming the first women to compete with men at the degree she did, by being the first (and only from what I know of) women to be in the Royal Rumble, to be in the KotR, to hold a male championship. I don't think any of the members comes close to Chyna's place in DX, personally.

My choice is Jessie James. He was the life force of the entire group. He could cut the best promos out of all of them. The New Age Outlaws were interesting, and he was the reason for their popularity. Every guy my age knows who is now in attendance. He wasn't bad in the ring, better than his partner was. He made me believe that he could have made it big on his own, unfortunately he didn't. The next closest person to him would be Chyna, as she was the poor player on the team. Billy Gunn could have been cut long before he was for all I cared.

you forgot hornswoggle,great khali and boogyman. ha ha

anyways for me it would have to be X-pac because he was the only "single" person in the group with hhh chasing the championship he couldn't tag with him and road dogg billy gunn were always a tag team. he just had to be by himself and continue doing thos one on one matches with the occasional tag team match. you cant really put road dogg or billy gunn as teh best 3rd man because they were always tagging so for me it was x-pac.

If we have to choose from one of those members then I would go with Chyna, for all the reasons stated above. However, if we are basing this off of the overall careers of the various members of DX through the years, then my choice would be the one member you haven't listed.

There was one additional member of DX, back in the very beginning of the group, that as conspicuously absent from your question, a founding member who admittedly wasn't part of the group for long, but had perhaps the most successful and distinguished career of any member not named Shawn or Hunter.

I am, of course, referring to the late, great Ravishing Rick Rude...RIP Rick

Definitely X-Pac. Sean Waltman is a great worker, but his size held him down. Like Showtime said, he bounced between companies, which kept him from climbing higher up the card. If he stayed in WWE, he would have at least been an upper mid-card wrestler. But in WCW, guys like Hogan would have held him down at the bottom of the card.

X-Pac could've been great, and easily could/should have had HHH's spot in DX. So I would say that X-Pac is really the 2nd best worker, just barely behind Shawn Michaels

Road Dogg was good on the mic, but like Billy Gunn, he wasn't that great in the ring. Chyna didn't really have any skills, but had size that made her unique.

Rick Rude was the best of the other members. Forget about him? Course, he did NOTHING when he was with them, but was the most accomplished memeber outside of HHH and HBK.

Course probably not what you meant.

X-Pac for sure. His size is the only reason why he was held down. He is a great worker. His ring work is good. His mic work isn't that bad(Certainly not as good as B.G. James was on the mic) & he is a more accomplished singles wrestler than B.G. James & Cute Kip. X-Pac could have been something really special but he bounced between the major companies which in result of that he was never able to climb up the card but he still did great nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back