• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

33 Faces, 22 Heels

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I was looking at the current roster today. I count 38 faces (5 of which aren't active) and 27 heels (5 of which aren't active). I think that's the largest face/heel divide that I've seen in a long time. Maybe this is deliberate. They just prefer to have a bunch of Kofis and Zacks running around backstage ready to job to Rusev, but they really don't need a lot of Del Rios and Sandows to job to Roman.

Faces:
• John Cena
* Daniel Bryan
• Sheamus
• Roman Reigns
• Dean Ambrose

* The Big Show
• Mark Henry
• Rob Van Dam
* Rey Mysterio
• Dolph Ziggler

• Adam Rose
• Goldust
• Stardust
• Jimmy Uso
• Jey Uso

• Kofi Kingston
• Big E
• The Great Khali
• Santino Marella
• Zack Ryder

• R-Truth
• Xavier Woods
• Diego
• Fernando
• El Torito

• Sin Cara
• Heath Slater
* Darren Young
• Justin Gabriel

• Paige
• Emma
• Naomi
• Cameron
• Natalya

• Eva Marie (Well, she's booked as a face)
• Summer Rae
• Nikki Bella
* Brie Bella
Heels:
* Brock Lesnar
* Triple H
* Batista
• Randy Orton
• Seth Rollins

• Bray Wyatt
• Luke Harper
• Erick Rowan
• Kane
• Rusev

• Cesaro
• Bad News Barrett
• Bo Dallas
• Jack Swagger
• Alberto Del Rio

• Ryback
• Curtis Axel
• Fandango
• Damien Sandow
• Tyson Kidd

* The Miz
* David Otunga
• Hornswoggle

• Alicia Fox
• AJ Lee
• Layla
• Tamina
So do you think this is a problem or do you like the face/heel divide the way it is?? Most of those extra faces aren't getting any time at all, but maybe if they turned them heel they could actually be featured?

So if you were gonna equalize the number of faces and heels, who would you turn???

I'd go for
• R-Truth- I really liked his crazy heel gimmick. He can job to the next top face, but I think he can make those filler feuds interesting as a heel.

• Mark Henry- The Hall of Pain needs to come back. Maybe he can have R-Truth in his corner.

• Diego and Fernando- Turn them heel, but keep El Torito as a face. Then have El Torito come out and manage all their opponents.

• Natalya- She should turn heel alongside Tyson. She'd be a great aggressive opponent for Paige.

• Santino Marella- WWE forgot how amazing a heel Santino was during his midcard run. It wasn't until that Santina schtick got over with the kids that he turned face. But if he goes back to being a condescending idiot heel, he can be a very great addition to the midcard.

(That would mean 32 faces and 33 heels, but that's easily fixed by debuting Sami Zayn on the main roster!)

I would probably turn more prominent people heel like Rollins did as heel turns with people who are jobbers or rarely on screen hardly matter. If we turned fandango heel there would be no reaction as the same heel jobbing to faces is fine. But if I had to choose, I would obviously take the usual suspects who have gotten stale such as Cena, Seamus, and possibly Dean Ambrose after a while if he begins to fizzle out a little bit. I do not really see the point in turning faces into heels that are mostly irrelevant as evening out the numbers is not really that much of a priority. Actually, a fed up Zack Ryder would be kind of cool, even if it would be for a short mid-card none title heel stint since he has plenty reason to get mad at the WWE and the Fans since he received no push since his little Woo-Woo days. I guess a Santino heel turn would be a bit shocking as well, since he is actually pretty over with the crowd for a guy that is essentially a comedy act but it wouldn't make sense as his only real value at this point is his lovable comedy jobber act, and once he turned heel he would really get stale quick and have little to offer since it would be nearly impossible to build him as a credible heel or repackage him at this point of his career.

Most of them are performed as both heel and face. Its depend upon creative. so nothing can talk about this topic.

I would categorize the Entire Wyatt family as faces, they are completely over with the crowd.

I think that the WWE doesn't concern themselves so much with the number split of faces and heels since they want to claim more and more that there are no true good guy/bad guy lines. This is illustrated in what the last post pointed out with Wyatt being presented as character who does classicly babyface things to illicit crowd reaction like stating the name of the city in which they're performing or encouraging them to sing-a-long with him, while at the same time he and his followers are booked to face only top babyfaces.

As for your diva breakdown, one turn has been set into motion with Cameron clearly now playing the bitch heel role that fits her much better.

Man does that list of heels suck. Five to eight main event caliber heels at best. Two to three of them are part time at that. Pretty sad state of heel affairs.

It's not really as bad as all that. First of all, leaving guys like Rey Misterio and The Great Khali on the face roster tilts things a bit. There are more active heels than there are active faces. There's also 9 face Divas versus 5 heel Divas. At any one time, there's probably a maximum of 2 or 3 Divas who are memorable or worth the trouble of watching, and that's saying something. The majority are forgettable.

So basically, the face side of the roster is carrying a lot more dead weight.

I didn't see Titus O'Neil on your list although I'm not sure which he would be considered since his last two matches were against Adam Rose and Bo Dallas.

Also, I don't think I'd classify Heath Slater as a face based upon one match against Rusev.

Didn't Mark Henry turn heel recently? He acted like his bad guy self when he took on Roman Reigns, which is the last I saw of him.

I didn't see Titus O'Neil on your list although I'm not sure which he would be considered since his last two matches were against Adam Rose and Bo Dallas.

Also, I don't think I'd classify Heath Slater as a face based upon one match against Rusev.

I looked over the list yesterday and noticed Titus O'Neil missing too. Most importantly, I missed out on Christian as well. And then there's Brad Maddox, who wrestled at WM30, but hasn't been seen since he got fired. Then again, I guess I should count Undertaker too as it hasn't been confirmed that he's gone.

I'd add Undertaker and Titus to the faces and Brad and Christian to the heels. That evens out everything I suppose.

I'm going by their last appearances. There is no point in speculating whether Heath and Titus will come out as heels again. Last time they appeared, they got babyface reactions against Bo and Rusev. Heath even worked for some cheap USA pops. Unless they come out as heels in the future, they are effectively faces.

I thought Titus still acted like the heel against Bo Dallas, so presume it was a heel vs heel deal (same with Fandango).

Man, lots of goons on the lower end of the face side. If we're talking about turning guys for balance, turn Sheamus heel. Nobody cares for him as a face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back