• Gilligans Island

• Flintstones

• Beverly Hillbillies

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

50's / 60's Region - 2nd Round - Gilligan's Island -vs- The Flintstones -vs- Beverly Hillbillies

GilligansIslandCast_310x310.jpg

VS

flintstonespair300.jpg

VS

hillbillies1.jpg

3 way? This tourney's starting to get crazy. Real crazy. Anyway, I've seen some of all of these shows and as they certainly are some of the most famous and memorable of their time period, but I have to go with the Flinstones as my choice. Animated cave people always produce great TV. Watching it as a kid, it was just awesome. From the animals as appliances to the foot propelled car to Barney Rubble, everything about that show was just great.

However, the other 2 had much better theme songs.

God DAMN! This has to be the toughest match-up in this tournament yet! We have three of the best sitcoms of their era here and three shows that define American pop culture in the 20th century. On one hand we've got The Flinstones, what can be said there that hasn't been said a thousand times? Then Gilligan's Island, one of the most popular and kitschy shows of the 70s, and finally Beverly Hillbillies? Damn, how am I supposed to choose between these three great shows?

I suppose my vote will go to the Flinstones here, but there really is no wrong choice here guys. Any one of these shows deserves to go on. Flinstones won me over though, mainly because of this ad:

Damn it, it's either the Flintstones or Gilligan's Island for me. I was never a big fan of Beverly Hillbillies so I'm not voting for it. On one hand you have one of the best Hanna-Barbera cartoons to ever exist. On the other you have Gilligan's Island which was an instant classic, and how could you ever forget the theme song.

Damn...damn...a thousand times damn! I'm voting Flintstones just because I used to watch it more and may end up watching it again once my daughter gets old enough.

The thing I am starting to notice about this particular tournament is that there are no easy outs. And there won't be a clear cut winner, even at the end. There's no seeding - the match ups are random - and every round will be terrific.

I went with Gilligan's Island. Flintstones was, to me, like a prehistoric rehash of The Honeymooners. Beverly Hillbillies as fun, but I could never get into it. Best thing that came from that show was the Weird Al song.

Gilligan was classic. The term "'Lil Buddy" was popularized here. If lonely enough, I could still snap one out to old pictures of Mary Anne. And you could easily trace shows like Survivor and Lost back to the concepts created in this classic show. Plus, the pilot and the final show (when they make it off the island) are all terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back