• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2nd and 3rd generation, vs 1st Generation

Cookie14

Smart-Ass
WWE is full of second and third generation wrestlers. These second and third generation wrestlers make a big deal of their family history.

No-one makes a big deal of NOT having this sort of wrestling background in their family.

This gave me a great idea for a potential storyline, tell me what you think. (Sorry, it's about to get long-winded!!)

Have a new superstar (or even a tag team) debut by cutting a promo saying that he has been trying to break into wrestling all of his life, but has been ignored in favour of those who come from wrestling families. He then says he is better than anyone from a wrestling family and intends to prove it. Say WWE is looking to replicate the sucess of the Rock as a third generation superstar, and as a result, are ignoring true talent, instead, judging people on 'Name' rather than 'Ability'

Have him start off against Goldust. He could say this proves WWE don't take him seriously because he doesn't come from the 'right' background.

After a brief fued with Goldust, he can move up to Chavo. Then the Uso's, the Hart Dynasty, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and finally, Randy Orton. Hell, you could even put HHH in there.

As long as the wrestler keeps mentioning how he was held back by these wrestlers and their families, then he could have long and personal fueds with each of these people, and others, as well as involving people like Dusty Rhodes, Ted Sr, Bret Hart, Rikishi, Jimmy Snuka, Bob Orton.

This could go on for upto two years IMO, because of the number of different people that the individual could fued with.
The person could also be made to be a heel or face very easily.
Heel - just make him incredibly bitter about his chances being given to other people
Face - Play on the fan's sympathies. Everyone at some point has missed out on some kind of opportunity to someone that deserved it less.

Except that sounds too much like Randy Orton's "Legend Killer" schtick. Even though he's played the name card with his pops.

Except that sounds too much like Randy Orton's "Legend Killer" schtick. Even though he's played the name card with his pops.

I agree, it is similar. But Randy went about it very differently.

And look at some of the people Randy went after, Taker, HBK, Foley. They were all first generation wrestlers. He kinda did it the opposite way round

It sounds like a good idea. I'm surprised that with all the current talent coming in that are "wrestling royalty" like Joe Hennig, Windham Rotunda, and the Usos, that nobody has really come out that's just starting in the business. A storyline like this for whoever starts out could really boost his potential for success in the WWE because it's somewhat of a long term kind of deal and it's something people will know him for. True, it does sound like Orton's Legend Killer gimmick, but whoever does this isn't trying to become a legend by killing legends, he just has a vendetta against people who got a job off their name while he had to work his ass off to make a name for himself.

As much as I enjoy seeing 2nd and 3rd generation wrestlers I do see this a a real good storyline. They could even make there debut by jumping a 2nd or 3rd generation superstar like start with Primo or Goldust. I agree that this storyline could go on for a long time with a target of Randy Orton. Once it gets to that point he could feud for the title which Orton could have.

I'm kind of on-board with this idea, but it might draw too much attention to the company's backstage politics, which have gone super conservative after the Lesnar and Lashley defections. Anyone getting a big push as a 'first-generation' star is only going to do so if they have someone backstage vouching for them, like Sheamus, McIntyre, and Swagger. Ultimately, this might have been a good way to push Daniel Bryan, or another indie star, but those kind of guys aren't getting pushed at the moment.

You're right on the fact they are absolutely loaded on 2nd and 3rd generation talent right now (they still have more in FCW too).

To be honest, Vince won't do it..

I still think if booked right you're on to something pretty good (If booked right) You would defiantly have to have a charismatic debut to the point where his promo seems real and not wwe scripted.

Maybe even Bryan Danielson... he could enter and say he's sick of getting overlooked because he's not a son of a WWE HOFer or the grandson of a famous wrestler. But like i mentioned before.. the wrestler has to make it seem real from the get go.. or the fans are going to be taking that piss break.

I liked your idea until you said have him start with Goldust. I know he's a good wrestler, but honestly who pays attention to him? Goldust wrestles "bathroom break matches", and that's not good for someone you want to promote highly. But overall I like your idea. Hell, give the idea to Daniel Bryan.

You're right on the fact they are absolutely loaded on 2nd and 3rd generation talent right now (they still have more in FCW too).

I might be a little behind the times,BWEEZY

Just who are some of these 2nd & 3rd gen. stars down in FCW?
From what lineage?

The way I look at it, if they were to going to do it, it would be a good way to push someone. Have them start against the likes of Golddust and Primo, and then work his way up the card towards facing the likes of Randy Orton.

I might be a little behind the times,BWEEZY

Just who are some of these 2nd & 3rd gen. stars down in FCW?
From what lineage?

Off the top of my head:
The Rotundo kids (one is on NXT now)
Joe Hennig (recently called up to NXT)
Bret DiBiase
Dos Caras Jr
Steamboat Jr
and i think there's another Colon kicking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back