• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2016 World Series; Cubs vs Indians - History WILL be made

enviousdominous

Behold my diction
Both of these teams are being celebrated by fans who have waited for generations to witness their team achieve status as the greatest baseball team of the season.

The Indians have enjoyed many pennants through the decades, but haven't been able to clinch a World Series win since 1948. Cleveland sports teams had historically been indicative of heartbreak, but not recently. The Cleveland Cavaliers defied the odds and won a huge championship series to bring a long awaited place at the top of the sports world.

The Cubs hold a very special place in my heart. I lived in Cicero Illinois until I was 5, and I vividly remember going to Cubs games at Wrigley Field. I remember walking up the many ramps to see the firework display from the top of the stands, I remember seeing Burger Time and Popeye in the arcade, and I remember Harry Caray leading the crowd in song. I grew up on being a Cubs fanatic, and I've felt the heartbreak of several notable close calls in recent years. As you all likely know; the Cubs haven't participated in a World Series since 1945, and they haven't won a world series since 1908.

This is a historic night for baseball, but most importantly for baseball fans. This is the night that fans of either team have waited generations to see, and whomever wins, I expect both teams to bring their best and I'll be sharing my silly insights throughout the whole game. I'm obviously partial to the Cubs, but I'll gladly acknowledge the Indians as the better team if tonight is their night.

It's weird seeing Pete Rose in the pre-show, in that he's not getting tombstoned by Kane. It's still an early night though.

Just goes to show you anything can happen in Baseball.

had anyone asked me at the beginning of the season who would be in the World Series I woulld not have said Cleveland or Chicago.

Just goes to show you anything can happen in Baseball.

had anyone asked me at the beginning of the season who would be in the World Series I would not have said Cleveland or Chicago.

It's absolutely captivating. I always love to see an underdog team make it to the biggest game of the season, but in this case it's the Cubs and I'm a hopeless fanatic.

I'm glad I don't live in either city.

whichever team loses I'm guessing a few people will go a bit nuts.

Hell the winning city might to. When you haven't won the World Series since 1908/1948 there has to be a lot of pent up emotions

2016 is the year of the underdog for a lot of sports this year but baseball definitely has left the best underdog story till last. I would prefer the Cubs to win but I don't mind if the Indians win it. This year of baseball has made me a bigger fan than ever. Wish Australia had the option to play it live without pay tv but I'll/I'm still be watching.

2016 is the year of the underdog for a lot of sports this year but baseball definitely has left the best underdog story till last. I would prefer the Cubs to win but I don't mind if the Indians win it. This year of baseball has made me a bigger fan than ever. Wish Australia had the option to play it live without pay tv but I'll/I'm still be watching.

I may be a huge Cubs fan, but this is one of those rare games where I won't be mad no matter which team wins. The feeling seems to be mutual among Indians fans, these are probably the two biggest underdogs in MLB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back