2016 NFL Pro Bowl

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The league announced the Pro Bowlers Tuesday evening, just curious to know who they were glad to see make it and who they felt were snubbed?

I'll be the first to say, despite not being a Cardinals fan I'm glad to see Carson Palmer earn another Pro Bowl nod. It seems like the desert is a good place for aging QBs to go rejuvenate their careers(Kurt Warner). I thought his career was over after he left Cincy and would float around as a backup after Oakland. I was wrong, so hats off to a great season for a guy in his mid 30s coming off an ACL injury.

Honorable Mention: I almost went with Thomas Davis but had to roll with Charles Woodson. I was a big fan of him at Michigan in College. Apparently he's calling it quits after this season and has been a damn good CB over the years and a pretty solid safety the last couple years. Him, Champ Bailey, Dre' Bly and Ty Law were fun to watch over the last 15 years. At least he's going out still playing a high level. What better way to go out - he got the Pro Bowl nod too.

Snubs:

Allen Robinson was a monster this year. Too play the Jags get no love. He seem to fell off the last couple games but the future looks bright for this guy going into the next season. Despite their record, Jacksonville is better than they look.

I don't have too many objections over the roster. It's really gotten to hard to judge it anyway, with the Super Bowl team getting zero players, and so many guys dropping off because they got their bonus and don't want to play. Looking at the roster, I'd say Andy Dalton is the only snub I see that immediately stands out. He had a great season, and hurt or not, he deserves to be named.

The big problem I have with it, is the way they set it up. The draft idea is stupid, and they dropped every team needing to be represented (see your comment on Robinson). The NFC dominates the roster this year. It should always be AFC v NFC, and fans of every team should have a reason to want to watch.

Despite the Dolphins having one of the worser defenses, I feel bad that Reshad Jones got snubbed. Arguably the best Safety in the league and deserved to go in over Woodson and Chancellor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back