• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2010 Slammy Award Episode Discussion

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Ok guys... it's been announced.

In two weeks, on Monday December 13th in New Orleans, LA on Raw we will witness the 2010 Slammy Awards. So far, the categories being presented are as follows:

* Shocking Moment of the Year
* Match of the Year
* Superstar of the Year
* Diva of the Year

Who will win in these categories? What other categories will be added? Who could/should be nominated?

I'm sure this will be a hot topic of discussion so let's keep it all in here.

Guys, if you list your picks for the categories, unless you back up your choices with good reasons why you chose them, the post will be delted and you could possibly be warned or infracted!!

Based on only those four categories here are my winners.

Shocker of the Year: The Nexus attack on John Cena and the rest of the Raw crew. The moment left many people surprised and this was talked about for many more months. It has led to some interesting developments (Bryan fired then rehired) and different storylines.

Match of the Year: There are a lot of great ones, and I probably can't even remember all of them, but I am going to take Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Maybe I am a mark for HBK, but he put on a show as he always does and it feels right to recognize him for this last match.

Superstar of the Year: I would say this is a toss-up between two, Randy Orton and The Miz. Both had stellar years, we had the Age of Orton and now the Era of Awesomeness. If you look at their body of work as a whole this year, I would say the Miz may pull it out, if nothing else for the simple fact of how much more he did and progressed. Orton was already main event, but just made himself that much better.

Diva of the Year: Did one Diva really stand out? Maybe it is just from recent memory, but I will say LayCool for this one, if no other reason I cannot think of any other Diva that had a stellar year.

Well, I would have to say for Shocking Moment of the Year, the nominees would have to be:
1.) The return of Paul Bearer. (Seriously, I never saw it coming!)
2.) Season one NXT rookies invade Monday Night Raw. (How shocking was that when the Nexus first came down, destroyed the ring, assaulted John Cena, and the whole Daniel Bryan/tie incident).
3.) John Cena forced to join the Nexus. (Not sure this is real shocking, but I'm running out of ideas...)
For the winner, I would have to go with #2. I think we were all shocked and surprised with this group of "rookies" that just took over and destroyed Monday Night Raw, and continued to do so throughout the year...and it didn't matter if it was a jobber, main eventer, legend, or even Mr. McMahon himself.

Match of the Year...I really can't comment since I don't order many PPVs or watch SmackDown often...but one would have to assume Undertaker V. HBK (WM26) would be at the top of the list...

Superstar of the Year: So many Superstars had great years it's hard to exactly pinpoint who should take this award. I assume it'll be the usual candidates of John Cena, Randy Orton, and Undertaker, accompanied by new nominees such as Kane and Sheamus. As for the winner, I would have to choose Kane. He's propelled himself back in the main event, and has one of the hottest storylines right now that doesn't involve Nexus.

Diva of the Year: Really, who cares? Last year it was what, Maria? And where is she now? If it's not another travesty fan-voting issue, I'd say the nominees are:
LayCool (hell they share everything else, why not Diva of the Year...unified the Diva's and Women's titles, held the Unified Divas Championship...)
Vickie Guerrero (does she qualify as a Diva? Excuse me!)
Mickie James (I would say had she not gotten fired that is...2nd Diva to hold both the Women's title and Diva's title)
Melina (3rd diva to hold both titles, lost to LayCool in unification effort).

Out of those Divas, I'd have to give it to LayCool. (Which means a god-awful annoying acceptance speech...great...you know it's coming...thank God my TV has Mute...)

As for other categories that will be added, one can assume we'll get the usual ones that we've seen in years past (Breakout Star of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Commentator of the Year, Tag Team of the Year)...there's the one for the Smackdown VS. Raw 2011 video game that's being advertised (but really, who cares about that one). I'm not sure if they'll include Guest Star of the Year...but they might.

*Shocking Moment of The Year- This has to go to the Nexus invasion during the Cena/CM Punk match during the viewers choice Raw, right? I can't think of another moment that comes close. Not only was the moment shocking, it turned into the hottest angle of the year, with a bunch of virtual unknowns. It has shot Wade Barrett to superstardom, and into the main event. But the shock of seeing the 8 NXT rookies come to Raw, interrupt the main event, and beat the living hell out of everyone was certainly the shocker of the year. Did anyone see that coming?

*Match of The Year- It has to be HBK and Undertaker again, I would think. They went through so many false finishes, and told a great story in the ring. They both showed they could still work a fast paced match at their age, and the psychology was great. The ending was brilliant, with Undertaker showing mercy, and HBK doing to throat slash and slapping Taker in the face, leading to the Super Tombstone. I can't think of another match within WWE that compares to this one.

*Superstar of The Year-I think this one will go to Miz. He held The US Title on 2 seperate occasions, and simultaneously held the US title and Unified Tag team titles with Big Show. He was a pro on both Seasons 1 and 2 of NXT, and won the Raw Money In The Bank Ladder Match at the PPV of the same name. His timing was excellent as well, as he won the WWE Championship by cashing in his briefcase on the 11/22 Raw, so he became the only person to hold all 3 men's titles within the same year on his brand. And that's not even factoring in his mic work.

* Diva of the Year- This one will go to LayCool. They held the Divas/Womens titles for virtually the entire year, with a brief hiccup at the beginning of the year when McCool lost to Mickie James. She retained the title shortly after, lost it to Beth Phoenix, but they quickly regained it against Phoneix two weeks later on Smackdown. They then Unified the Womens title with the Divas title against Melina, and went on to have successful title defenses against Natalya twice before dropping the title at Survivor Series. LayCool were pushed for the majority of the year as the only stars of the division, so it only makes sense they would win this award.

Shocking Moment of the Year - I'm torn here. I think that The Miz cashing in his MITB briefcase and winning the WWE Championship was pretty shocking, I don't know if it was quite as shocking as Sheamus coming out of nowhere to win the title at roughly this time last year, but it was a huge moment in The Miz's career. Ultimately, however, I have a feeling that The Nexus will take this one for their initial debut and beatdown of John Cena and the destruction of just about everything around ringside that was in sight. It was, quite possibly, the single greatest ending segment to a wrestling show that I've seen this decade.

Match of the Year - For the second year in a row, I see The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania taking it. Part of what made their first Mania match so great was that it exceeded expectations but people really knew what to expect in Part II so it may not have had quite the same oomph as the first. However, Part II was built much better and there was a far more emotional story attached to it so I think it evens out with the first one.

Superstar of the Year - Once again, I see The Miz taking this award. For just a little over a year now, The Miz has been on a roll. He wins the United States Championship in early October 2009, holds it for the rest of the year and spends most of 2010 as the champ. During his US title run, he simultaneously becomes one half of the Unified WWE Tag Team Champions. When's the last time an American wrestler was seen on American television walking around with 3 championships? He wins the Raw MITB match at the first MITB ppv, all but guaranteeing he'll win a World Championship eventually, and cashes it in just over a week ago to become WWE Champion. This has been The Miz's year.

Diva of the Year - I look for LayCool to both get this award. They've been "Co Divas Champions" so they'll split this award. Even though there have been times I wanted to rupture both my eardrums, they've easily been the most high profile Divas in the WWE for quite a while. They're really the only ones that've had any sort of depth and between them, they've practically owned the WWE women's division this year.

Shocking Moment Of The Year: It's between the Nexus attack and Miz winning the World Title. I'm guessing it's going to be Nexus attack because it was really unexpected whereas Miz had the mitb briefcase so he was going to cash in.

Diva Of The Year: Natalya, she's won her first title and has been really impressive. Not much competition other than LayCool but I just think Natalya has been more impressive.

Superstar Of The Year: The Miz, he's won his first World Title and has also been pretty impressive. He has also won the US Title and Unified Tag Titles, he has also won the mitb ladder match. He's accomplished alot in the last year and definatley deserves it.

Match Of The Year: HBK Vs Undertaker. Great match, maybe not as good as the year before but still a great match. Both hit their finishers on numerous occasions which made it even more exciting and both gave it their all.

Shocking Moment of the Year: Clearly when Nexus invaded. I don't think too much else shocking happened.

Match of the Year: I don't think it will be Shawn and Taker. I just don't see taker accepting an award. I think it will be a match that Daniel Bryan had, maybe with the Miz, but probably with Ziggler.

Superstar of the Year: Awwwwwwwwwwwwsome! The Miz had far and away the best year. MITB winner, US Champ, Tag team champ, NXT winning coach, Raw team captain, and finally WWE Champion. I just don't see anyone with a better year.

Diva of the Year: LayCool for sure. Maybe Natalya but she has only had a "good" couple months, LayCool has had a good year.

Shocking Moment of the Year: Bret Hart comes back to Raw and Makes up with HBK, Bret vs Vince at, WM or the Nexus invavded and jumped Cena on Raw

Match of the year: HBK vs Taker II at WM 26 no other mathc really stood out

Superstar of the Year: The Miz he came a long way won the US Title, MITB and WWE Title

Diva of the Year: Nobody really stands out I'd give it to Natalya as she's only one of a couple of real Diva wrestlers and it took awhile for her to get that Divas

shocking moment has to be nexus invading raw, no doubt in mind, who would've guessed?

diva of year should go to laycool, who else is there and who even gives a shit?

superstar of the year should go to either Miz Kane or Randy Orton, mostly miz, a match i would like to mention is edge vs jericho, that match was awsome, yet i nevr hear anyone ever talking bout it, its forgotten, another mention is team wwe vs team nexus

Match of year shoukdn';t go to taker/hbk 2, and who would even accecpt award? hbk? no, Underaker?, no really
i think it should go to ziggler/bryan, bryan/miz/morrison

Shocking Moment of the Year - Nexus has to be a lock for this, but Kane winning SmackDown's Money in the Bank and cashing it in on the same night because no-one thought it would happen.

Diva - Natalya, she makes the sharpshooter look hotter, plus is of a Knockout standard in the ring.

Match of the Year - HBK and Taker, not so much for the content, but the build-up and pay-off the night after made it an event within an event.

Superstar of the Year - I'm going for Seamus. His title reigns weren't the best, but he's been impressive for a long time in a fairly short time with the company and can only get better and better.

(Possible options)

Promo of the Year - Punk's Raw birthday show 'Katie Vick' and Austin tease was the best executed and the most memorable.

Tag-Team of the Year - Hart Dynasty, but only out of a lack of options.

Rookie of the Year - Wade Barret. He's led the Nexus well, held his own against Cena and looks to have a potentially very good future ahead of him. (Seeing him wrestle a bit more would be good though)

Shocking Moment of the Year - I'm torn here. I think that The Miz cashing in his MITB briefcase and winning the WWE Championship was pretty shocking, I don't know if it was quite as shocking as Sheamus coming out of nowhere to win the title at roughly this time last year, but it was a huge moment in The Miz's career. Ultimately, however, I have a feeling that The Nexus will take this one for their initial debut and beatdown of John Cena and the destruction of just about everything around ringside that was in sight. It was, quite possibly, the single greatest ending segment to a wrestling show that I've seen this decade.

Match of the Year - For the second year in a row, I see The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania taking it. Part of what made their first Mania match so great was that it exceeded expectations but people really knew what to expect in Part II so it may not have had quite the same oomph as the first. However, Part II was built much better and there was a far more emotional story attached to it so I think it evens out with the first one.

Superstar of the Year - Once again, I see The Miz taking this award. For just a little over a year now, The Miz has been on a roll. He wins the United States Championship in early October 2009, holds it for the rest of the year and spends most of 2010 as the champ. During his US title run, he simultaneously becomes one half of the Unified WWE Tag Team Champions. When's the last time an American wrestler was seen on American television walking around with 3 championships? He wins the Raw MITB match at the first MITB ppv, all but guaranteeing he'll win a World Championship eventually, and cashes it in just over a week ago to become WWE Champion. This has been The Miz's year.

Diva of the Year - I look for LayCool to both get this award. They've been "Co Divas Champions" so they'll split this award. Even though there have been times I wanted to rupture both my eardrums, they've easily been the most high profile Divas in the WWE for quite a while. They're really the only ones that've had any sort of depth and between them, they've practically owned the WWE women's division this year.

how can you say miz cashing in is the most shocking moment??? they gave it away at the top of the show..the csr guys practically called it!! they were off by a day but still it was no shock
kane's cash in was more of a shock..he did it the same night he won mitb...the same night...and it was a face vs face cash in....no one saw him cashing in on mysterio
and besides it has to be nexus first invading...that was the least expected thing in a looonnnggg time

you're right on diva of the year no doubt

miz has a chance for superstar but i really think he isn't that deserving...if you look at last years the only people nominated were nominated for world title runs not us or tag titles but miz does have a chance...but i think kane, orton, or sheamus deserve it more

and it will most likely be undertaker vs shawn...but i hoenstly think Daniel Bryan vs dolph ziggler should at least be one...and jomo vs sheamus pinfalls count anywhere...idk what else though

you did make good arguments but i jus feel like you're kinda marking out for miz lol

Shocking Moment of the Year- Nexus invasion on Raw. Lets be honest it was the most shocking moment in years. nobody saw it coming, they couldn't have.

Match of the Year- I guess I'l go with the popular choice and say Michaels vs Taker v2 but as a dark horse one of Kane vs Undertakers or Cena vs Batista match's considering neither shawn or undertaker will be there to accept.

Superstar of the Year- Contrary to a lot of people picking the Miz or Orton I'm going with Sheamus. He held the title on two separate occasions this year, beat trips in his first wrestlemania match, and went on to win the king of the ring. Not a bad year.

Diva/s of the year- Laycool. The womens division sucks at least they bring something to the table even if is annoyance.

Shocker of the year:
- Nexus' attack - Easily has to ve the favorite, unpredictable, seemingly unwarranted and lead to the biggest story in WWE for a long long while.
- Cena makes the right choice - There was 1 in a thousand saying that cena wouldn't screw orton to keep his job, and yet amazingly those guys were right.
- Kane cashing in - I have heard the reaction of that night and yes the crowd is silent... I put that soley down to confusion. Cashing in on the same night was always an option but they pulled it off, it WAS unexpected and lead to one of the best title reigns in recent memory.
- Miz cashing in - Obviously similar to Kane but under different circumstances. Miz had been holding the breifcase for over 5 months and given all the teases before survivor series, very few would have picked the next night to be his successful cash in. But the instant his music hit, the next five minutes were solid gold.

I'd actually like to put swagger's cash-in as a runner-up because of the fact he came from nowhere and cashed in on the other show, a highly unexpected extraveganza!

Match of the year, I'm not going to call this one because I don't get to see the PPV's as so going purely on raw and smackdown shows i wouldn't make a very good judge would I?

Superstar of the year:
- Randy orton - Title reigns aside, why he gets into my list is for going from top heel to (almost) top face in the company an that is a phenomenal feat. He is also a very good wrestler and has the dealiest finisher, the coolest look and best in-ring character aweness (ie adding traits of his character into his matches, such as pounding the ground setting up for the RKO as an example) in the whole WWE.
- Kane - Put on some great promos earlier in the year for which I commend him, beat the undertaker at 3 successive PPV's (2 of which were conspicuous but nevertheless), had one of the best title reigns we've had witnessed in quite some time which has been overdue since 13 years ago, and all this on the back of being outside the main event scene for years. Thoroughly impressive big guy, congrats.
- Sheamus - By last year's standard's he has been something of a slouch this year and yet he still earns a spot in my top 4 superstars of the year, a testament to how good his first year was. Probably plays his role more accurately than anyone else, a big nasty bastard who loves to fight and punish people and every time he steps in tehe ring he live up to that image. This year he cemented his place in the biggest guys in WWE and deserves his spot here.
- The Miz - The reason I put miz here is not because I admire his work or think he has been particularly good, but his place is earnt by his outstanding list off accomplishments that nobody can argue against. I can dislike him, but I can't argue with the facts. Now it's time for him to live up to the hype as the new champ, I'll be watching scrutinuously!.....

Diva of the year - The person i'm handing this too I feel has gone from simple stooge to surpassing their own mentor this year. This one is going to be highly contraversial but I would give the award to layla for thriving in her role and turning from inexperienced to big gun over the space of this year.

If not her then I would certainly go for natalya because let's face it Michelle McCool is shit.

* Optional categories*

Breakout star of the year - Quite a tough one for me. So many guys came out of NXT but by far the most impressive two are;
- Wade Barrett - Nexus was a shaky idea from the start. It could have ended a long time ago were it not for a firm competant hand steering the ship, and that hand was my man Wade. His in-ring ability is on the upper side of good meaning he can more than get by in the ring, but he has played his vilainous, cruel, despicable part to absolute perfection. he would surely be favorite to win this.
- Daniel Bryan/Brian Danielson - To the many of those who knew nothing of bryan's independant career and how long he has waited to be where he is, he may have seemed at first like a scrawny, pathetic......in fact michael cole's NXT season 1 commentary summed up many's feelings towards the guy, with his loss win/loss record looking, to those without much thought, as if he was a bad wrestler. We got our first real glimpse of his charisma during his michael cole feud, in fact less a glimpse, more of an aurora. Since being brought up to raw, has never once failed to impress in every competition he's been in, even in loss, evidence of why he is one of the most-used superstars for actual match-ups and a great defending U.S. champion.

Of these two, I'd still score this year as a whole for Wade.

Promo of the year:
- Batista pre-mania - It may suprise you this one but promos wth personal sentimentality always feel like they mean so much more, and batista's rant of how cena became labelled the poster boy of the company was one that certainly stuck with me and set up a very promising match for them.
- CM Punk and rey's daughter's birthday - On that night, we all spelled evil P-U-N-K. Never has something so dispicable been allowed within a PG environment, proving punk's versatility with a microphone. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else, probably the 15th anniversary raw one, because punk couldn't deliever a poor promos if he had bronchitis.
- Kane and undertaker's vegitive state speech - The moment kane proved to everyone that he never needed a mask to generate interest and he CERTAINLY never needed a voice box. It was memorable, heart-felt and some people at the time were even recorded as saying "oscar worthy"! If not for this, then for the speech he gave after winning the world title.
- Cena's "farewell" - So good you almost got caught up in it in parts. Great to see him almost break character at the whole chant part, and great to see the insight of his mind and how he feels about those who dislike him. He made it as beleievable as he could to people who knew from the very start that he wasn't fired, stellar job.
- Daniel bryan's frustration - My pick to win this one, if it is indeed a category. This whole few weeks with cole and bryan conflicting against each other in a huge way made wrestling real for a few weeks, it honestly did. If a good promos comes froma meaningful place, then there could have been no better ammo than cole and McMahon's supression of a man who struggled for 10 years to make it to the top, and when he got there was belittled and laughed at without having a chance to fight back. As soon as he fought back, we were invited to one of the most surreal few segments in WWE history, the mere thought of them bringing burning passion into my veins, awe-striking work.

Guest host of the year: Obviously not a single person cares but as it is a recurring theme i could expect to see this one elected once again, even though the guest hosts have been less prominent this year, or the latter part of the year at least.

WWE likes to throw spoof ones out there sometimes so I would maybe expect to see somethign awkward like a...Most handsome superstar award: And have something funny like cody coming out prematurely but someone spoofy like either santino or daniel bryan actually wins it.

There ya go, spent a fuck long time on this so enjoy.

Shocking Moment There are a ton here actually. Bret Hart's return and Shawn Michael's apology; Nexus attack; John Cena being forced to join Nexus; John Cena being fired; and I'm probably leaving some out. I can't chose, but if I had to, I'd go Nexus attack. That shit was crazy.

Match of the Year I am terrible at remembering matches, but you gotta assume Taker and HBK are going to win. There have been a bunch of matches I thought were better, however... I just can't remember what they were! I'm sure if I looked hard enough I'd remember watching them and being in awe.

Superstar of the Year It's a toss-up between Orton and Miz. Barrett deserves to be in the conversation, but he doesn't have the gold to support his chances. Orton's popularity has skyrocketed with amazing speed, but Miz finally finished his long transformation from Future Endeavor material to WWE Champion. Wow, I'm gonna give it to our friend The Miz, who will now have even more to gloat about.

Diva of the Year It's clearly either Natty or LayCool. Personally, I'd go with LayCool. They held that belt for a long time, and they have been all over WWE programming, from Smackdown to NXT to RAW... you name it, they were there. Let's just hope they brought enough Slammys so that these two ladies won't have to share.

Shocker of the year
Nominees:

1) Nexus invading WWE (seriously, nobody ever thought that would happen)
2) John Cena forced to join Nexus (it was predictable, but the WWE will have it)
3) Undertaker being Buried Alive (I didn't think this would happen. Never)
4) Sheamus injuring Triple H (Nobody saw it coming)

As for the winner, I would go with Nexus invading WWE and breaking the ring apart and choking the announcers because that was a total and utter surprise. Those guys made a statement and are the strongest stable in the WWE since prob. 2-3 years.

Match of the year
Nominees: (I can't remember a good match in 2010 but still, I'll try)

1) Nexus vs Team WWE at SummerSlam. (This match was cool and fun to watch)
2) WWE championship Six Pack Challenge at N.O.C (Another great match)
3) Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at WM 26 (These two put on a stellar performance)
4) John Cena vs Wade Barrett at HIAC (I don't know if this will be nominated, but it was a good match for me)

The winner has to be Taker-Shawn II. The match was a classic though it wasn't as good as the first one. Seriously, it was the best match of 2010.

Superstar of the year
Nominees:

1) John Cena (though he hasn't done anything great this year, the WWE will sure nominate him)
2) Randy Orton (he excelled this year. From going on to face Legacy to becoming champ, he's done an AWESOME job)
3) The Miz (this guy had the best year of his career)
4) Kane (see "The Miz")

The winner, well, I can't think of a perfect one. I guess it will be Kane. I mean, beating Taker at 3 straight PPVs isn't easy is it?

Diva
Nominees:

Well I don't think they will have nominees this year just like last year. Everything will be online voting and I guess some unworthy diva is going to win just like Maria won it last year. I think it's gotta be Melina or Beth or Natalya.

Shocker of the Year: The Nexus attack on John Cena

Match of the Year: take Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Superstar of the Year: I would say this is a toss-up between two, Randy Orton and The Miz.

Diva of the Year: Did one Diva really stand out? Maybe it is just from recent memory, but I will say LayCool for this one.

I think all four of your choices are going to be correct.

Shocking moment= It has to be the Nexus attack on Cena. Completely unexpected and immediately threw a new batch of talent to main event level, including Wade Barrett who is a future world champion in my opinion. To see the face of the company beaten down by a group of rookies was truly shocking.

Match of the Year= I dont think anything that the WWE has put on this year has come anywhere close to the Undertaker V Michaels rematch. Simple as. It was a perfect way for Shawn to retire.

Superstar of the Year= A tougher one, but due to his US title reign, MITB win and successful cashing in, I think The Miz will come out on top here. WWE seem determined to make this guy the next major superstar, and I think he will win this catagory too.

Diva of the Year= It has to be Laycool...who else is there? The divas division has sucked all year.

So all in all, great choices. They are my picks also.

However, Kane winning the world title could help him to win the superstar of the year award, plus he took out the Undertaker. So maybe he could topple the Miz in this catagory. The only other choice I can see is Sheamus due to his recent KOTR victory and world title reigns. But I am still going to go with Miz, even though I hope its Kane

Its getting to that time of year again. So lets get the ball rolling with the nominations, and "awards" for varied wrestlers good and bad. This is for both WWE and TNA.

Most Improved Wrestler
1. The Miz
2. Jeff Hardy
3. The Pope
4. Randy Orton

Biggest Disapointment
1. John Cena being "fired"
2. Edge not beeting Jearicho at Mania
3. TNA blowing 10-10-10
4. Hulk Hogan

Shock Moment
1. Jeff Hardy turning heel
2. Jack Swagger winning MITB
3. Kane turning on Undertaker (again)
4. RVD beating Sting in 3 seconds

Match of the Year
1. HBK vs Undertaker 2
2. HHH vs Sheamus
3. The Pope vs AJ Styles
4. Jeff Hardy vs Raven

Worst Match of the Year
1. Ric Flair vs Abyss
2. Edge vs Jericho
3. John Cena vs Sheamus
4. Sting vs Jeff Jarrett

Wrestler of the Year
1. Jeff Hardy
2. John Cena
3. The Miz
4. AJ Styles
5. Kane
6. The Pope

Here are my choices, from top to bottom and why.
1. Jeff Hardy - Honestly this was a toss between him and Miz. But Jeff pulled it off. When he arrived in TNA it was the same ol Jeff Hardy. Not that I am complaining. I am a HUGE Hardy fan. But when he turned heel, he has gotten 100 times better. Especially in his promos. So I give the award for Most Improved to Jeff Hardy.

2. Hulk Hogan - What has Hulk really done this year to make anyone really care? Nothing really. Its the same Hulk that we have seen for the last 30 years. All his actions are coming from a mile away. Though TNA has gotten better this year, I don't see a want or a need for him to still hang around.

3. Jack Swagger........do I have to even explain?

4. Jeff Hardy vs Raven - When these two guys get into the ring with one another, its always good. The fact that this time Jeff was the heel and Raven the face, just gave it that special feeling. I really enjoyed this match, though it could have been done better.

5. Ric Flair vs Abyss - They had a match over a "magical ring". The match itself was decent, but the gimmic itself killed the match.

6. John Cena - I hate to say it, but I would give Cena this award. I have actually been glad that he has not been a constant focus for any title most of the year. He has kept the Nexus storyline actually interesting, though its starting to run its course. I may not be the biggest Cena fan, but I recognize his passion for the business is probably stronger then anyone elses right now. So I give John Cena wrestler of the year.

Its getting to that time of year again. So lets get the ball rolling with the nominations, and "awards" for varied wrestlers good and bad. This is for both WWE and TNA.

Most Improved Wrestler
1. The Miz
2. Jeff Hardy
3. The Pope
4. Randy Orton

Biggest Disapointment
1. John Cena being "fired"
2. Edge not beeting Jearicho at Mania
3. TNA blowing 10-10-10
4. Hulk Hogan

Shock Moment
1. Jeff Hardy turning heel
2. Jack Swagger winning MITB
3. Kane turning on Undertaker (again)
4. RVD beating Sting in 3 seconds

Match of the Year
1. HBK vs Undertaker 2
2. HHH vs Sheamus
3. The Pope vs AJ Styles
4. Jeff Hardy vs Raven

Worst Match of the Year
1. Ric Flair vs Abyss
2. Edge vs Jericho
3. John Cena vs Sheamus
4. Sting vs Jeff Jarrett

Wrestler of the Year
1. Jeff Hardy
2. John Cena
3. The Miz
4. AJ Styles
5. Kane
6. The Pope

Here are my choices, from top to bottom and why.
1. Jeff Hardy - Honestly this was a toss between him and Miz. But Jeff pulled it off. When he arrived in TNA it was the same ol Jeff Hardy. Not that I am complaining. I am a HUGE Hardy fan. But when he turned heel, he has gotten 100 times better. Especially in his promos. So I give the award for Most Improved to Jeff Hardy.

2. Hulk Hogan - What has Hulk really done this year to make anyone really care? Nothing really. Its the same Hulk that we have seen for the last 30 years. All his actions are coming from a mile away. Though TNA has gotten better this year, I don't see a want or a need for him to still hang around.

3. Jack Swagger........do I have to even explain?

4. Jeff Hardy vs Raven - When these two guys get into the ring with one another, its always good. The fact that this time Jeff was the heel and Raven the face, just gave it that special feeling. I really enjoyed this match, though it could have been done better.

5. Ric Flair vs Abyss - They had a match over a "magical ring". The match itself was decent, but the gimmic itself killed the match.

6. John Cena - I hate to say it, but I would give Cena this award. I have actually been glad that he has not been a constant focus for any title most of the year. He has kept the Nexus storyline actually interesting, though its starting to run its course. I may not be the biggest Cena fan, but I recognize his passion for the business is probably stronger then anyone elses right now. So I give John Cena wrestler of the year.

Hey thank god everyone is entitled to thir own opinion is all I'm saying:

Most improved - Wade Barrett went from not even being on television to holding the reigns of the WWE's supergroup of the moment, nobody else could win that award. The very fact your giving the award to someone, with the only reason being their heel turn, that happened a mere two months ago! and hardy has done nothing for the rest of the year.... I find that pretty odd in itself at best. Many people have worked more consistently to climb the ladder, primarily the miz this year as an example of a whole year project. Wade Barrett has been going for MOST of the year on raw, and in that time he has gone from inexperienced to natural born leader.

Biggest dissapointment - If hogan has been the same for 30 years, how can you still be dissapointed by him, surely your lack of admiration for the guy would have plateau'd by now? For me it would have to be cena returning the next raw after being fired, WWE have spent months setting this whole charade up, and they go and have cena be an unofficial member of the roster, still able to run around and do whatever he wants, WITHOUT THE GM TAKING ANY CHARGE? So were basically to believe that cena is more of a renegade than stone cold, who couldn't even go around doing what he wanted without some resistance. Yeah I find that very dissapointing.

Biggest shocker - Swagger's cash-in......really? There were two more shocking cash-in's IN THE SAME YEAR FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!! Both Kane and the Miz were more of a suprise. End of the day it isn't even going to be MITB cash-in, it is surely and most obviously, with the application of a tad of thought, the initial nexus attack, and I should be the one not having to explain why!....

Jeff Hardy vs raven - I'm not going to pretend that I have the answer to this but I will say this. The average match on xplosion or superstars put this to shame, it is nothing more than run-of-the-mill stuff this one. I don't know what IS match of the year, but there is no chance in hell it is this one.

Worst match of the year - Actually I may let you have this one, but in all honesty it is as bad as any wrestling match flair has been in so why not...
Me personally, I'm going to score this one for alicia fox vs melina, if you haven't seen it please don't unless you don't value your own life, because side-effects may include suicide.

Wrestler of the year - For once I wouldn't give it to cena. He has been the focal point of the nexus storyling but that is only because he is john cena, wouldn't have worked with anybody else. If your looking for someone who has had a sensational year by their usual standard's it is either Randy Orton, The Miz, Sheamus or Kane, with the evntual pick being either Miz of Kane for me Kane pipping it because, taker....3 consec PPV's.....says it all really?

But despite all of that, your still entitiled to your opinion so fair enough.

Shocking Moment Of The Year- Nexus Debuts- I actually attended this Monday Night Raw, and my jaw was hanging open the entire time. Seeing the NXT season one rookies take out John Cena(who was WWE Champion at the time) was so shocking. Nobody could've seen this attack coming. Nexus beat up Cena in such a viscous way. I can remember how some of the younger fans in the audience were crying. The atmosphere in the arena that night was unbelievable. Nexus debuting is easily the most shocking moment of the year for me. I did go nuts for Miz's MITB cash-in, but we all knew it was coming eventually. We didn't know the exact date, but we knew it was coming sooner or later.

Match Of The Year- Shawn Michaels VS The Undertaker- HBK VS Taker should be winner the here. The build for this match was so great, and the match at Wrestlemania was just outstanding. It wasn't on the same level as their Mania 25 match, but it was still a great match. Undertaker's jumping Tombstone had to be one of the sickest finishing moves I've ever seen. Also, this was a great way for HBK to go out, and I really, really hope he stays retired.

Superstar Of The Year- Sheamus- Yeah, I know The Miz has had a great year, and he has impressed me a lot, but I have to go with Sheamus on this one. He put TRIPLE H on the shelf. Taking out Triple H is a HUGE deal. The guy is a legend, and the list of people who have destroyed The Game is very short. Sheamus came out of no where. He received a big push, he had a second WWE title reign, and he won the King Of The Ring. Sheamus' quick rise to the top took everyone by storm.

Diva Of The Year- Lay-Cool- This is an easy pick for me. Michelle and Layla dominated the women's division in the WWE this year. They won the unification Title match at Night Of Champions, and they had a lengthy run with the titles. Nobody even came close to touching these two. I think it might be time for Lay-Cool to break up, but they did have a nice run as WWE's top heel divas this year.

I'm not looking forward to it. The awards are just given to serve storylines as opposed to being legit like back in the 90's. Unless polls that I don't know of are going on somewhere.

* Shocking Moment of the Year

Pretty obvious this will go to Wade Barrett for the debut of The Nexus. Followed by his rambling about his "takeover" and all that. Going with any other choice would be pretty dumb. The face of the fans that night was priceless.

* Match of the Year

Wouldn't be surprised if HBK/Taker got this one again. Which would also be very interesting due to neither guy being active right now. I don't see it going any other way. I don't recall any other match this year that stands out as well as this one does.

* Superstar of the Year

My pick would go to Batista. But we all know he's not gonna get it. They'll probably go with the tournament gimmick again to crown it. I'm still wondering since when do movie stars fight for Oscars?

* Diva of the Year

Tell me this is a joke. Did anyone stand out that isn't currently in TNA? Natalya. Maybe. But she just did something of worth now. I'd actually pick one if they weren't doormats.

Shocking Moment of the Year- Miz winning the WWE championship. I think I was the only one who realized Miz was going to cash in the day after Survivor Series, and lets face it no one expected it to happen at Monday Night Raw. My 2nd choice however would be John Cena in Nexus I thought he would have pulled the superman crap again to destroy Nexus but never happend which seemed pretty cool for me.

Match of the Year: Ughh sickens me to say it but its going to be Undertaker Vs Hbk again.

Superstar of the Year: The Miz Or Randy Orton to me its a tie so I can pick but here are the reasons for both.
Miz: Absolute break out year. Had a decent fued with John Cena. Unified Tag Team Champion. Had a great run with the US title. He's perfect on the mic. And no one can lie this year he put a you know what in everyone's mouth who said he had no chance to make.

Randy Orton: Went From face to heel in a year dominated anyways. won the wwe championship once this year in that 6 pack challenge.
Pretty Much I think Miz is going to win because he had held onto alot more titles from the beggining of the year than orton. (Remember Miz carried the title from 09 to 10)

Diva of the Year: Michelle Mcool= Laycool. Only divas that did anything this year.

Shocking Moment: Nexus invading Raw - It was the only true shocking & mark out moment this year. We all knew Miz was gonna cash in on Orton, it was just a matter of when & where but it still wasnt a shock when & where he cashed in. Same for Kane, when Taker was taken out and vowed to find Taker's attacker, we all knew he would get a push from there but I guess that could come as a shock cause Kane was held back by WWE for so long, we never thought we'd see the day.

Match Of The Year: Taker vs. HBK - Truthfully I think the match is overrated, so overrated that you can hardly remember any other WWE match this year as Taker vs. HBK is all people ever talk about. So the only reason why I'm going with Taker vs. HBK is because I cant remember any other match this year that was good which I'm sure there were a few of. Don't get me wrong though, the match was decent but not as good as last years.

Superstar Of The Year: The Miz - The guy has gotten everybody talking about him from whether his promo skills are the best today or not to when he will cash in MiTB to if he will headline Wrestlemania next year. He's been a 2 time US Champ, Tag Champion, MiTB winner & new WWE Champ all in this one year and let's not forget, he was the shining star on NXT not that's it's important though but still. 2010 truly is The Miz's year.

Diva: The division this year has been boring as ever but I see LayTool getting this one as they were the only divas pushed this year.

Rookie: Wade Barrett - Taken the WWE by storm with Nexus, nuff said.

Commentator(s): Michael Cole & Jerry Lawler - Cole's become absolutely hilarious now, hats off to the once plain as shit babyface commentator. He's really outshined as a heel and is one of the reasons I tune into the WWE nowadays. Jerry Lawler is with him, so he takes credit also but Cole's did all the work to get this imo.

Match of the Year- Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, Wrestlemania 26

Not only did this match have the most exciting in-ring action of the year, it had the most on the line. Taker's streak is the biggest thing going at Wrestlemania right now, and would be absolutely shocking if he were to lose. Shawn Michaels put his career on the line. HBK is probably one of the top 10-15 superstars of all time. This match was a big deal, and that's why it wins this award, hands down.

Diva of the Year

I really have no clue who wins this. WWE has made some odd choices before in regards to wins this award, so it's up in the air. My guess right now would be either Layla or Michelle McCool. Actually, it could be LayCool sharing the award. Do I want them to win it? No, they are terribly annoying. But I can see WWE doing it, possibly even using it as a way to split them up (fighting over who should really have the award).

Shocking Moment of the Year

I suppose WWE could go a few ways with this award, but I think there's only one choice; Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels burying the hatchet. If you watched WWF programming in the late 1990's, you understand why this is so shocking. This was the most real story in pro wrestling at the time, and went above and beyond kayfabe. I would say Bret returning in itself is the most shocking moment, but that already happened at the Hall of Fame a few years back. If this doesn't win, it's an absolute travesty.

Superstar of the Year

I think this award is totally subjective. I'm giving it to Randy Orton not only because I'm a huge mark for the guy, but he completely flipped his career on it's head. He went from being easily the most hated man in wrestling to being a legit rival to Cena in terms of popularity amongst fans. And the most amazing thing about this turn is that it wasn't manufactured. WWE didn't plan for Randy Orton to become a face; the fans made it happen. He's the Superstar of the Year, IMO.

Another likely award....

Rookie of the Year

It's between Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. I know Danielson isn't a rookie, but I guarantee WWE will classify him as one. Wade should win this award, but for kayfabe reasons, I can see WWE "screwing" him out of it.

It looks like a few new categories have been added into the mix:

Knucklehead Moment of the Year
Shocker of the Year
Guest Star Shining Moment of the Year
"Oh Snap" Meltdown of the Year

So who do you think will win in these categories?

**REMEMBER TO GIVE GOOD EXPLANATIONS AND REASONS BEHIND YOUR ANSWERS, OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE INFRACTED!!**

Most Shocking Moment of the year would obviously be very close between the Miz cashing in an upset victory over Randy Orton, and Nexus invading RAW and taking out John Cena in what would become a several month rivalry. I mean who would've thought seven or so months ago that these men would have already main evented several ppvs and one has even had multiple shots at the WWE Championship. I'm going with Nexus soley because it impacted the industry and really shook the foundations of the WWE. Shocking Moment- Nexus Invasion.

Match of the Year would obviously go to Shawn Michaels and Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26...moving on...

Superstar of the year I'm a bit torn on. John Cena no doubt has stood out this year and has really won over thousands of Cena haters. It began to happen around the time Nexus started attacking the main roster and Cena was the only guy to stand up and fight. Much respect was earned for Cena this year no doubt. The Miz has had a wonderful year. But not superstar of the year wonderful. He ran with the US title for a couple moinths and did nothing with it. Put on a few great matches with Daniel Bryan and won the Championship. Randy Orton, he's been highly over with the crowd. Even has gone so far to take some of Cena's fans. That reason alone could get him the Superstar of the year. Wade Barrett lead a major faction into superstardom. He took a bunch of rookies and grouped them together to form an unstoppable force. Superstar of the year- Wade Barrett.

Diva of the year no doubt are both members of Laycool. And any answer other than that is wrong, there is no opinion to it.

Guest star moment of the year would go to Shaq knocking down Big Show. I don't quite remember if that was 2010 or 2009. It got tons of publicity.

Shocker- Batista quiting. Took everyone off gaurd. I never knew Batista woiuld go oiut like that.

As for Knucklehead of the year...whatever that means...will go to Big Show. One last "Knucklehead" plug in before the Holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back