2000's Bracket Round 2 Match 1- 1)LOTR: The Return of the King vs.28) American Psycho

Which is the better movie?

• LOTR: The Return of the King

• American Psycho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's bracket;
Round 2, Match 1

The Return of the King
The_Lord_of_the_Rings_The_Return_of_the_King_5.jpg

vs.

American Psycho

americanpsycho460.jpg

For the life of me, I don't understand why Return of the King won so many awards. The first Lord of the Rings film got me interested in it enough that I wanted to see the second and third films. The second film, I hated, so I went into the third thinking "last chance" and it seemed like all they did was try to throw action out there (and then like 40 minutes worth of endings) to make people think it all blows up into a wonderful bang.

But on its own, the film is nothing special. Good effects, yeah, but that's about it.

Now, while American Psycho is CERTAINLY not something that should win Best Picture, I thought it was ridiculous that ROTK did. I don't remember what films were out at that time to recall what I'd rather have had, but still, Return of the King? Lol.

Despite how I think it should most likely be knocked out in the next round (depending on what its against), I'm going to have to vote for...

American Psycho.

I'm going with American Psycho on this one. Lord of the Rings has amazing special effects, great directing(I do feel Peter Jackson is somewhat overated for his quality of work, but he did a good job here)great editing, the sound editing was great, and the cinematography was excellence. In all of thoes qualities the movie is probably better than American Psycho but I would take American Psycho's story(no matter how over the top it was) and acting(I still say it's Bale's best role to date)over anything in LOTR.

Well for everyone who was upset American Psycho made it this far, do not fear, it is out of here. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is a fantastic movie. It was destined to win all of those Academy Awards, all Eleven! of them. Yes 11!. Only two other movies in this history have done that. It is as of this moment the second highest grossing movie of history. You just can't vote against it, especially not in the second round.

Well, I was waiting for another movie to sway my vote against American Psycho. I thought this would be the round to do it. But I must say...I was WRONG! With Lord Of The Rings being one of the most overrated movie franchises of all time. Also, since it's just The Return Of The King going against American Psycho and not the trilogy, then my vote goes to American Psycho.

Peter Jackson, you overrated motherfucker. Stop doing long uninteresting movies. I've never understood the hype around Lord of The Rings. EVER. My vote is still going to go to American Psycho.

American Psycho seems to be the new cool pick on the forums. It's a good flick, but doesn't match up with the scale and storytelling of Lord of the Rings. Return of the King won 11 academy awards, and despite what you may think of that institution, it's an incredible accomplishment. The final chapter of that Trilogy, while long, is certainly not over rated. It takes you on a roller coaster ride, and the time absolutely flies right by.

American Psycho seems to be the new cool pick on the forums. It's a good flick, but doesn't match up with the scale and storytelling of Lord of the Rings. Return of the King won 11 academy awards, and despite what you may think of that institution, it's an incredible accomplishment. The final chapter of that Trilogy, while long, is certainly not over rated. It takes you on a roller coaster ride, and the time absolutely flies right by.

Like I sain in the last ROTK thread Shocky, you can't vote for this film over anything else. As a whole the LOTR films might win the whole thing. But this film on it's own shouldn't stand a chance. It's just a load of people fighting. Without the previous two being taken into consideration it's a pile of garbage. It's just loads of anonymous people having a brawl.

The Fellowship is the only one that you could watch on it's own and enjoy, The Two Towers makes you care more about the characters, Return just finishes it all off.

Nobody would say ''Hey let's watch The Return Of The King this evening'' because why would you watch that without watching the other two first? Nobody ever says ''Hey let's watch the ending of Fight Club, that ending kicked ass''. Or ''Let's just watch the final few minutes of The Usual Suspects''.

The trilogy as a whole kills American Psycho, but ROTK on it's own is killed by American Psycho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back