Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980s Bracket,
Round 2, Match 1

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders.jpg

Vs.

The Terminator

terminator.jpg

Well I am going to vote for my favorite of the match-up, for two reasons, I hope it goes through, and the other reason, because I know it wont. Terminator is a fantastic film. It had amazing special effects. It spawned a series, and sequels. It is led by a male dominant figure. It is an edge of the seater for large portions of it, and it has a cyborg. Sure, you can say the exact same things about Indiana Jones, besides the cyborg portion. But there is no movie Id rather watch when I am sick, or have an afternoon off. Terminator gets my vote.

I don't really like the Indiana Jones film. I don't really see what's so great about them. But I absolutely love the Terminator series, and I still think the first one is the best one. It was one of the first action type of movies that I watched and it's still a favourite of mine today. I'll take "I'll be back" over a hat that can never come off anyday. The whole movie is basically edge-of-your-seat, you're wondering how Sarah and Kyle are going to escape their next predicament. I'd take Terminator over Raiders any day of the week.

Now I'm as big of a Terminator fan on these forums, but in no way, shape or form does it stand on the same level of films with Raiders of the Last Ark. Raiders of the Last Ark is probably the perfect blend of action, sci-fi, and semi real world situations. Indiana Jones is probably the funnest character ever created. This movie is freaking amazing. The first Terminator is a great flick, but Raiders above all of the other Indy Films, is a masterpiece.

In the ultra cynical world of the Internet, Raiders scores universal praise from everyone. Indiana Jones is recognized as one of the best action heroes ever by the AFI. Simply put, Raiders of the Lost Ark is a far superior film to Terminator and it would be a crime if it loses this round.

Tough choice. But I'd go with The Terminator. Out of Indiana Jones or The Terminator which is more iconic? The man who's currently the Governor Of California or the nam who was also Han Solo? Star Wars is the bigger franchise, so it stands to reason that Han Solo would be him most popular character, but that's up for debate.

But overall, as entertaining as Raiders is, it's just an action adventure film. That's not a knock. But he's just an archaeologist who get's into adventures. The Terminator has a more intresting storyline on paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back