14 Super Mario Bros v 19 Deus Ex

?

• SMB

• Deus Ex

Results are only viewable after voting.
Again I'm voting for Deus Ex. IMO it's a superior game to SMB. Many people would disagree I'm sure, but I don't really care, because most of those people have probably never played Deus Ex and truly don't understand how insanely great of a game it is. Without a doubt the greatest cyberpunk game ever made, it captures everything you'd want out of a game. Great gameplay, amazing story, replay value, graphics, and simply one of the most intelligent games of it's time. The decisions you could make would actually effect how the gameplay would turn out, you could approach each situation with several different possible solutions. You could go in guns blazing, use stealth, hack a computer to do your work for you, and several other possible solutions. Truly an innovative game and one of the best of ALL time in my opinion.

What's Mario? Jumping up and down and eating mushrooms? Woo! I respect the franchise and have played it many, many times like every other video gamer, but I truly do not think it's on even the same level as Deus Ex. Mario is only so highly touted because it was one of the first of it's kind, not because it's so superior to every other game before or since.

Vote Deus Ex, I implore you. There are plenty of superior Mario games already in the tournament.

I've played both games. Unfortunately I couldn't get into Dues Ex that well, I didn't it was that great while I'm still replaying Super Mario Bros. today.

I think that's the appeal of SMB, the fact that's unique and defined a generation of gaming, while Deus Ex to me is a FPS that game saw, conquered and got conquered by another FPS, which the habit of most FPS nowadays. Mario will always be a great original and has such a great replayable factor.

As I said, my vote is because I can still play Mario today when I couldn't get into Deus Ex, while I respect any other votes, this is why I'm backing Mario here.

SMB all the way. It paved way for the greatest character in all of video games, and that is mario. Great game too, therefore i choose SMB.

Super Mario Bros. is surviving on nostalgia alone. Look, it's a wonderful little game, it's simple, it kicked ass in its day, and it innovated. It's sold over 40 million copies, it's responsible for an unholy spawn of sequels, etc., etc. It's a great game, one of the best of all time. Awesome.

Deus Ex is better. Look, SMB can keep you happy for like, 2 hours, at best. Deus Ex can probably do more than 10 times that, and that's on one playthrough. It defies genre, it throws all kinds of gameplay at you, it has large environments, it's got a great storyline, and it's hugely replayable. It's action, it's RPG, it's tactical shooter - and fuck it, it's cyberpunk, which gets it points for the second best usage of "punk" (steampunk forever). Probably the biggest flaw you can point out is its dialogue and musical score, which can be lacking at times. Aside from that? Fantastic in every definition of the word. It's the recipient of over 40 Game of the Year awards, and is considered by most at least in the top 30 games of all time, and by many of those in the top 10. Now, it's true that that can be said of Super Mario Bros., but Deus Ex has a little advantage over it there - it's a better game in every class, and the only reason to vote SMB is if you're some deluded nostalgic.

Reactions: X
Fuck how many god damn SMB games are we gonna have towards the end here? SMB? Great game about 20 some odd years ago, wonderful, a good amount of people that are voting for it probably weren't even born when this game came out, and are probably voting because: Oh look! Another Mario Game! Let's just make the fucking semi finals Zelda vs. SMB1/2/3/World/64/Kart/Kart 64/Galaxy/Kart Wii/Mario fuck all and get it over with.

Regardless what everyone thinks of Mario, Deus Ex is clearly the superior game here. Let me take you back to the Sonic 2 vs. Oblivion matchup. Here you have, you guessed it, a simple side scrolling 2D game vs. an epic RPG style game that has loads of gameplay aspects against one simple gaming style. Like Harthan said, you can attack a situation in anyway you see fit. Personally I was a hacker and then guns a blazin style, but stealth was never my thing so there you go. Storyline was deep, and the cause and effect style of the game also led to some very interesting twists. You reap what you sow as they say, and Deus Ex was the epitome of that. Oh and Harthan, Cyberpunk > Steampunk every day my friend, though I could make an exception, depending on what you would consider the Fallout series.

Regardless, Deus Ex is better, and deserves a win. So vote for the better game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back