• Dragon Quest VIII

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
GTASABOX.jpg

Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg

Despite my love for RPGs, Dragon Quest was one series that I never got into even though it was made by Square Enix. It certainly has a legacy in Japan though so big that it eventually got the series to America in the form of VIII but I played the game while waiting for FFXII and I thought it was all right but not worthy of the praise it had received. San Andreas is the only GTA game that I can play for days on end and not get bored. It must be the Eazy-E look-a-like in the game. Anyway, I'm voting for San Andreas.

Despite my love for RPGs, Dragon Quest was one series that I never got into even though it was made by Square Enix. It certainly has a legacy in Japan though so big that it eventually got the series to America in the form of VIII but I played the game while waiting for FFXII and I thought it was all right but not worthy of the praise it had received. San Andreas is the only GTA game that I can play for days on end and not get bored. It must be the Eazy-E look-a-like in the game. Anyway, I'm voting for San Andreas.

VIII was not the first game in the series to be released in America. You had I,II,III and IV released there and since have had V, VI and IX. America is only missing VII.

You thought it was allright but not worth of the praise then procede to big up a GTA game. Dragon Quest VIII has a soul more than many JPRGs, it has a great localisation with different accents as opposed to 'whiny American' with an all star cast of characters. The story works brilliant as well as the battle system and the side quests. The humour in it is something I've only seen in Earthbound and totally deserves the praise it gets.

Oh and it does have the hottest gaming character ever:
images

GTA San Andreas has got to be the most-overrated game in the history of games. They took Vice City, then made it more like the Sims, and apparently that made it better? San Andreas is, in my opinion, the low point of the GTA series, and I'm thankful each day that GTA 4 turned out as well as it did.

On the other end of the spectrum, in another gaming universe, there's Dragon Quest. I'm not very knowledgeable about the series as a whole but I did play this particular installment, and I know I enjoyed it, which is rare for me as I tend to despise JRPG's. I didn't enjoy SA very much at all.

So yeah, to sum up, Dragon Quest for me here.

GTA games are some of the most overrated games of all time. They are nearly identical every time with a new focus of the story and new map layouts. Sure it's fun running people over for about an hour, but then you realize there isn't much after that. Dragon Quest however, is one of my favorite RPG's. It had a fantastic story with very little holes in it, and fantastic characters to support that story. Easy choice for me. Dragon Quest gets my vote.

I don't think Dragon Quest will make it through this round but it still has my support. It breathed life into a series that needed it at the time. Dragon Warrior became Dragon Quest. Abilities were given better names, so gone were the days of cheesy names like HealMore or HealUsAll. Graphics and gameplay were given a massive upgrade so for the first time it felt truly new rather than yet another rehash of DQ3 with another cast, which many criticize 4 through 7 for. It had a good story and soundtrack too which never hurts. San Andreas was always fun for stress relief, but my love for RPG's leads me to vote for Dragon Quest 8 because it was a great underrated game that many have unfortunately missed out on full of things to offer the gamer. It truly stands out, unlike San Andreas.

GTA San Andreas has got to be the most-overrated game in the history of games. They took Vice City, then made it more like the Sims, and apparently that made it better? San Andreas is, in my opinion, the low point of the GTA series, and I'm thankful each day that GTA 4 turned out as well as it did.

I disagree wholeheartedly. GTA 4 IMO was the low point, and this coming from someone that is a HUGE fan of the GTA series. San Andreas was far and away my favorite of this series. Everything in this game was an improvement over its predecessors. The story was great and the most underrated aspect of this game was the VOICE ACTING. Samuel L. Jackson, Ice T, Chris Penn, James Woods...The radio stations were great which has been the norm for the GTA series. One of the few games that I could play from start to finish, get 100% of everything all in one sitting and not get bored. Even the sidequests rarely if ever got tedious.

I never played Dragon Quest, but GTA: SA is one of my all time favorite games, and that is why it gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back