Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
A few years ago I was buying some dvds online and decided to take a gamble on a French film called 13: Tzameti. It worked out at around £5 so I figured if it was no good it wouldn't be a great loss.

I couldn't believe how good this little indie film was. The story is straight forward; rich men bet on their own or other candidates in several rounds of a russian roulette variant. As the numbers decrease, the tension builds to incredible levels.

I had told my friend about this film so one night we put it on and he was just hooked from the get-go. It's one of the very few foreign language films he's repeatedly borrowed from me as they aren't something he's overly keen on.

Tonight he sent me a link to the trailer for the remake, which to be fair is done by the same director, but with a fairly more recognisable cast - Mickey Rourke, The Stathe, Sam Riley, 50 cent and Ray Winstone. Part of what I loved about the original was not knowing any of the cast as it in some ways made me think that anyone was expendable and anything could happen. Plus the lead looked like Jeff Buckley which was quite cool.

Has anyone else seen 13? Will anyone be interested in seeing the remake?

Trailers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back