Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png

250px-Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG

Reactions: Lee
Now this match-up is just wrong. It's forcing me to decide between two of my top 10 favorite games. On one side, it's the funniest fighting game that you'll ever have the pleasure playing, Super Smash Bros. Melee. It takes your favorite Nintendo characters and put them in a battle royale full of weapons, pokeballs, and Mr. Saturns (wiki Earthbound for the reference). It's a guranteed hours of fun especially with friends. Fighting games are usually serious with a dark tone but Melee defies that and still has a great combat system.

Next, it's one of the best adventure games in the young 21st century in Assassin's Creed II. It has all the elements to make for a great adventure game. A very unique story of the main character being a descendant of a long line of assassin's and having to be forced to relive the lives of those ancestors. This game deals with living the life of Ezio Firenze as he takes revenge on the people who murdered his father and brothers and marked his family as traitors. The gameplay provides an excellent blend of open world exploring of Renaissance Italy and using weapons made by Leonardo Di Vinci to take out targets. You definitely can't go wrong with either pick. I flipped a coin and it came up AC II.

Gotta go with Melee over one of my favorite games of the new generation of consoles. I'm not a big fan of the 360, PS3 and Wii era, and haven't found many games that I enjoy playing. Finally I decided to try Assassin's Creed, and found how much fucking fun it was. I really enjoyed one, and two improved nearly everything. It had a slow start, but it was still a very good game once you got into the meat of it. That said, Melee is my favorite fighting game of all time. While it really shined in the multiplayer section, it still had addicting single player gameplay and tons of unlockables that you can get. It was just one of the most fun games you can find on any system, and I have to vote for it over Assassin's Creed.

I played AC 2 for a few hours and, I dunno, I just couldn't get into it. That's strange for me because I'm patient when it comes to games. Hell, I played through the first hour of Heavy Rain without giving up! But AC 2 always felt like it would never be able to suck me in.

Melee, meanwhile, is the most instantly accessible game ever. It's the game I can break out, regardless of who I'm hanging out with, whether it's my gamer friends, my family, or my girlfriend, and everyone will be up for a game. It's pretty much fun defined. Not to mention it's surprisingly deep when you look past the surface.

Melee gets my vote here.

Both of these are great games, but Smash Bros Melee is better because of two things. Unlike Assassin's Creed 2, Melee was superior to its prequel in every single category. Not only did it live up to the hype of being the sequel to a good game (Assassin's Creed 2 did too) but it also completely blew away expectations by being better at everything compared to its prequel (which Assassin's Creed 2 did not do), and it's also more fun to play. I could sit there doing a 99 life battle with 4 people and not get bored. These can take hours sometimes. You can't get the multiplayer mayhem of Melee with Assassin's Creed 2. The music was also better. Then there's the fact that Melee turned its series from novelty to megaseries. I like Assassin's Creed 2, but it's not going to make it through this round. Vote for Smash Bros Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back