• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1000 Ways To Die

Max Headroom

The Master of Disaster
If you watch this show, you know they are now started another new season on Spike. That's what this thread is going to be about, the show 1000 ways to die, one of the shows I very much enjoy.

Now, what do everyone here think about this show? If you never seen or heard of it, basically it's a show that talks about bizzare/weird/funny ways people have died, and IMO they add abit too it to make it more interesting for someone going through the channels.

I really enjoy it personally, but what do you all think about it? Do you like it or find it interesting? Do you find it disrespectful towards people who may know the person, or someone who died in a similar way?(Mind you they change the names and what not, so I don't find it bad).

Chat away my friends.

I've watched this a few times. It's quite funny, the only one I can actually recall seeing though, is where a woman on a plane has breast implants, and apparently, because of the high altitude and pressure, her breast implants get bigger. Yeah, you know where it's going from here. Her boobs end up inflating and exploding. It was funny.

How long has the show been running? I've just seen clips on Youtube, and those that uploaded full episodes before they got taken down.

I remember that one, quite a good laugh. Also when the arabic people set a time bomb for PM not AM, or vice versa, and blew themselves up. Crazy stuff.

Also, the show started two years ago May 2008, I think this is their third season.

I've seen it a few times. It's not a must watch for me, but will watch it when nothing else is on. Newfie your're right they definitely add to the so called deaths, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. I think the final story is the only one that has somewhat truth behind it, the rest are based on myths and stories from people. I'm with you, I don't find it disrespectful towards the families and friends, because the show doesn't use real names.

Yeah..I've seen a few episodes. The one that made me crack up was this dad and his son practicing for the Fart-Olympics or something like that? And the son bascially gassed his dad to death or something and a flame was lit? I don't really remember. Then there was the one about the dude who was obsessed with fish, he made himself a mermaid/fish type suit out of the material that a waterbed lining is made of, and he went to a pond/lake by this desert area he lived in, and basically the material was so air/water tight, he cooked himself to death because he had to hop or whatever from the car to the lake area and the sweat couldn't go anywhere. Granted its interesting to hear some of the experts opinions on these topics, but I still take it that its more embellished for entertainment purposes. Its just like on that old show ER, and on the CSI shows, those types of things are based on actual cases, but its ALL embellished or hyped up for sheer entertainment value. But its still funny as hell to watch.

I actually love 1000 ways to die it's really good how they do the deaths like that Japanese guy got head butted in that interview with that guy then die because his brain bled. I also like that the first death the one where that guy how is thirty loses his virginty to his wife then with all that fun he died was good as well.

I love this show but it's not something I feel obligated to watch every time a new episode goes on. If there's nothing else to watch, I'll be more than happy to tune into this. I personally find it hilarious despite what the show is about. I sometimes find it hard to believe that people actually die in the ways depicted in the show (I think there was an episode where a guy stuck his foot in a wood shredder). It sorta makes me afraid to die. Lol.

It's a very interesting show. You learn all sorts of things. However, some of the deaths are incredibly disturbing. It's not for everyone. Those who are easily creeped out by causes of death, as well as those who are paranoid of things happening to them, should stay away from it. I do find it interesting though myself because it's things you could never possibly think of happening. It's not disrespectful towards those who know the person since they most likely get permission from that person's family and/or friends first, plus the images are not always of the real person and names are changed to protect the victims. I like the show and will be checking out new episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back