• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10 Years From Now ?

andymcg

Pre-Show Stalwart
So 10 years ago we possibly had the best era in wrestling , thorughout 1998 and into the start of 1999 was possibly the best years in not only WWF/E, but was also the best wrestling period in WCW to.
We had the monday night wars in full swing as DX, Austin and The Rock were pulling in rateings for WWF/E and the NWO pulling in rateing for WCW.

So my question is, in another 10 years, what do you think the wrestling landscape will look like ? will there be another WCW in the shape of TNA riseing up to challange WWE, or maybe even ROH ? Will WWE still be wiping the slate cleen of all competition ? Will wrestling be better or worse than now ?

IMO i think not much will have changed, TNA will still be pulling low end rateings in the 1-1.4 range, and perhaps they can pull more towards the 2s. WWE will still be sitin in the 3.5-4.5 range and ROH will either make it in there new tv deal or theyll go the way of ECW and fail. Not made my mind up on that one yet, but overall i dont think much will have changed due to poor TNA booking latley and them leting go there younger stars, and due to WWE starting to pick up.

I'm honestly unclear on how well T.N.A. is staying afloat right now. They're releasing more and more of their originals, in favor of keeping former mid-card jobbers that the W.W.E. used to have. If that keeps happening for too much longer, T.N.A. won't be anywhere but dead and buried in 10 years time.

I think in complete honesty, out of all of the Wrestling feds and companies, that Ring of Honor might have gotten the best push out of the movie "The Wrestler". As a result, I could see them signing a television deal, but ending up about like E.C.W.

The reason I think that, is because they aren't a big league company. They're known as an indy federation for a reason. Television deals mean spending more on production. I doubt they can afford it.

I think it all depends on whether TNA pulls up there socks or not. If things continue to go the way they're going they will more than likely end up like WCW. WWE will still be the #1 sports entertainment company in the world and ROH might end up like ECW but they seem to be in a better financial situation than the old ECW. If TNA folds then we might have another wrestling organization rise up to the spot where TNA is now. I'm just saying.

If TNA keeps going the same route that they are going now then they will be out of business in a few years, I think that if TNA either runs out of a business or keeps doing shitty booking then ROH could move up to be the number 2 company with WWE still being the number 1 sports entertainment company in the world.

I don't see TNA still being around in 10 years to be honest. But as far as WWE is concerned, I think we'll still have the likes of Cena and Orton main eventing, maybe Triple H wrestling a smaller schedule like HBK is now, or maybe even the onscreen owner/General Manager.. We might have guys like MVP or Kennedy break into Main Event status by that time too, if they're not wished the best in their future endeavors before then. ;)

I think TNA will not be around in 10 years and WWE will probably be running at least 5 brands by then and we'll complaining of even more championships being around.

I think Triple H will play a McMahon type role and retired from the ring, Taker will be gone. Cena and Orton be dominating and WWE will sign Steve Austin Jr.

Just letting my imagination run wild!

I think that if the TNA fails in the next 10 years then the ROH may get a large tv deal. There are a lot of people who don't like the monopolized WWE, and I think that they may throw their attention towards ROH or even look towards Japan for a new #2.

Hmmm.. I'm gonna go in a another direction here.
TNA will be becoming a big threat to WWE in the future and WWE will have stars such as michaels, taker, HHH and Jericho long gone from the business. WWE will be trying to establish the new generation and it will be working until TNA will be gearing towards a much more mature audience and taking advantage of WWE's PG-13 rating.

It'll continue for a year or 2 until TNA's ageing roster will have to retire and WWE will once again prevail and TNA will have to start all over again getting their big stars.

Leaving tna out of the equation, i think that WWE could be very different in ten years, assuming that Vince steps down to to unforseen circumstances. A lot of his philosophies are incorporated into the current product but if Shane and Stephanie take even more prominent roles with Vince not in the forefront it's hard to know what would change. To use a comparison not dealing with wrestling the Chicago Blackhawks owner was on bad terms with Hawks legends and wouldn't televise home games for the fans. He passed away and his son has since televised all home games, started a fan convention, given ambassador roles to the legends, and changed the whole atmosphere. I am not suggesting that Vince has a bad grip on the company rather am suggesting that once he moves on certain elements may change to be more to the liking of his children or whoever.

That's all hypothetical of course as Vince conceivably will be involved until the day that he dies which hopefully wont' be for a loooong time. As is, there is so much WWE programming that originality is a rarity and that is with good reason. Despite that i think that ten years from now we'll have seen a lot of the same storylines rehashed with a few changes but still think that WWE at least will be just as popular.

i think the way ROH is growing in 10 years they will be where TNA is now and TNA will be competing with WWE for ratings on a weekly bases.

but i dont think it will be like the monday night wars for 1. TNA impact is shown on a thursday and after seeing what happened to wcw during the monday night wars i doubt TNA will move to monday nights to compete with vince because it just does'nt make good buisness sense.

2.in 10 years loads of the youger talent from WWE, ROH, TNA will be main eventers so thair will be loads of surprises!!!
from talent going from company to company
storylines would improve so they can draw more ratings
it should be a exciting time to be a wrestling fan again just like the ECW WCW WWF era

TNA has 2 Hours Primetime TV
TNA is on PPV
TNA is backed buy a multi million pound company in Panda Energy
TNA merchandise is sold in major reatailers all over the world
TNA recently got its highest ever rating for Impact!
TNa recently got its ever attendence record of 8,000 people in the UK
TNA has TV deals in the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Mexico, Canada to name a few
TNA has had its own video game published
TNA can compete with WWE for big name talent
TNA has some of the biggest names in the industry - Kurt Angle, Booker T, Mick Foley

TNA is currently bigger then it ever has been, each year it grows & its a slow process for a company barley 7 years old. The Production Values of TNA get better & better & they are now running house shows.

If any company is going to go out of business bewtween WWE, TNA & ROH its.....ROH.

TNA is doing just fine. I thought this was forum was ment to be for smart wrestling fans yet its just full of wannabes & posers who have no knowledge of professinal wrestling but think they do becuase they go on insider wrestling sites.

Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams being released will not affect TNA in the slightest.

Dont forget christian going to wwe to, TNA could potenially lose Angle, Sting, Steiner, and Nash to WWE and ageing in the next year or 2. Foley only signed a short term deal so he could be on his way to, its a very slight chance but possible. I think just by looking at that IMO tna will never battle with WWE and in 10 years time will be still a low end above indy company or they will be in majour debut and bust.

WWE will always be the number one brand. TNA may have their rise and fall, but they will never reach the fame of the WWE. They will lost guys like Angle and Sting and then they will have nothing left. I think that TNA will be around in ten years, but not even close to the level of WWE. ROH probably won't make it, and i'm sorry to say that but they just don't have the star power. The WWE had guys like Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant who had such mainstream exposure they were able to make WWE HUGE. I can't name one guy in Ring of Honour, whereas people who have never watched WWE can name guys like HBK, The Undertaker and John Cena. So TNA will still be around, ROH will be gone and WWE will still be on top.

I see ROH and TNA competing for the number 2 wrestling company. WWE rating falling to 2.5's and no one will be giving a crap coz the product will become less interesting by then

If Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner & Kurt Angle were not in TNA i agree that it could hurt TNA.

However Sting is the current TNA World Heavyweight Champion & has been for the past few months, I belive that Sting will wrestle for another 2 years after which he will only wrestle on Special occasions as TNAs own resident Legend Similar to Hulk Hogan in WWE & what i belive the Undertaker will do also.

Kevin Nash is going to be around a few years yet, he only recently signed a new contract with TNA in October 2008.

Scott Steiner is a different matter but i still think he is going to be wrestling a few more years no matter how many smarks complain. I love Steiner & still enjoy his matches.

Kurt Angle could go to WWE, but once again its only a rumor.

Any how in the next few years TNA could create some new stars which some may find hard to belive but it could happen with talent such as Abyss,James Storm, Robert Roode & Hernandez not to mention new indie stars TNA could sign.

Furthermore who is to say Jeff Hardy wont fail another drug test, Triple H wont get a divorce, Rey Mysterio gets released or John Cena has a falling out with Vince? Stranger things have happened in the wacky world of wrestling.

I mean.....
Christain left WWE
Kurt Angle left WWE/Released
Booker T left WWE
Mick Foley left WWE

& who would have thought Hulk Hogan would have joined WCW back in the day? he was followed by Randy Savage, then came Lex Luger, who was followed by Nash & Hall, then Roddy Piper, then Bret Hart & finally Ultimate Warrior, Sid Vicious & Jeff Jarrett.

Lets also not forget about some of the current free agents such as Goldberg, RVD, Bobby Lashley, Ultimate Warrior, Sid Vicious, Scott Hall etc.

Hmmmm you do make a good point. However would all of these things be good for TNA ? you say HHH could get a divorce and end up in TNA, would having someone who is a poltical freek and wants the title 24/7 a good thing in the long run ?

Stings knees are in so much trouble i doubt hell make it past this year.

Steiner wants to keep wrestling but the question is how long will his body let him ? not long i dont think.

Rumor on angle is he wants to go back to WWE and WWE are writing storys for his return process so ?

The strangest thing you said is TNA deveolp new stars ? You having a laugh ? weve watched TNA this yeer burry all there rising stars, exception of possibly AJ and Joe, and release some to in Petey and Dutt. TNA should be pushin the hell out of there younger stars and help put them over MEM, not have MEM fall out and make it seem like thats the only way Front Line could win.

Also your free agent suggestions, Goldberg said he would only ever go back to WWE, Lashleys in MMA, Ultimate warrior is another has been, Vicious will never be what he could be, and as much as i hate saying this due to bein a huge Scott Hall fan, hes a washed up drunk and after what he did to TNA theyll never go back to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back