1 More Hour

DD84

PWN
Is it just me that feels all WWE programming needs 1 more hour. They have a bunch of wrestlers that don't even get on t.v. for weeks, they give them a push, then stop. One more hour to all the shows would make it better, especially on Smackdown. Remember The Great Khail and the kiss cam, R-Truth is on every two weeks, feels like we haven't seen them in weeks. How about their tag teams on Smackdown, like Jesse and Festus, The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson and Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder, when was the last time they had air time. It's just as bad on Raw with Charlie Haas, Dolph Ziggler, Sim Snuka, William Regal and Cryme Tyme. I know a couple of things, like most of the guys you wrote suck, and that thats what WWE Superstars is for and it won't happen, but its just an idea.

Write what you guys think here.

An extra hour so wrestlers nobody cares about can get some screen time? Yeah great idea. So great in fact that WWE are doing it, they're bringing back Wrestling Challenge. Although they'll get rid of the wrestling part, possibly change it to Entertainers Challenge. No seriously, I'm not even joking. It'll mostly be highlights of Raw, Smackdown, ECW & Triple H, with a dark match closing the show.

Summer '09, I think.

EDIT: Superstars, not Wrestling Challenge. Thank you Timmy person.

An extra hour so wrestlers nobody cares about can get some screen time? Yeah great idea. So great in fact that WWE are doing it, they're bringing back Wrestling Challenge. Although they'll get rid of the wrestling part, possibly change it to Entertainers Challenge. No seriously, I'm not even joking. It'll mostly be highlights of Raw, Smackdown, ECW & Triple H, with a dark match closing the show.

Summer '09, I think.

I get what you are saying, but maybe with an extra hour on each show it could help develop storylines better and help develop wrestlers.

Like ones that nobody cares about? They have storylines and they push the only wrestlers people are intrested in. Nobody wants to see Hawkins & Ryder in a storyline, they were pushed along with Edge and they failed, miserably.

ECW only has one spot when it comes to most PPV's, and they couldn't build those matches better. The undercard matches are built well as too, but nobody wants more Burchill vs. DJ Gabriel.

Most feuds are built up enough to satisfy as it is.

Well thats the reason they are launching WWE Superstars at the end of the month for the young talent and unseen talent to get tv time. There have been articles about it.
It will mean matches with RAW and Smackdown's talent.
Lots of reasons for adding an extra hour for WWE. But then surely that will mean they bring in more talent just continuing the problem??

Like ones that nobody cares about? They have storylines and they push the only wrestlers people are intrested in. Nobody wants to see Hawkins & Ryder in a storyline, they were pushed along with Edge and they failed, miserably.

ECW only has one spot when it comes to most PPV's, and they couldn't build those matches better. The undercard matches are built well as too, but nobody wants more Burchill vs. DJ Gabriel.

Most feuds are built up enough to satisfy as it is.

I get what you are saying, but don't you get annoyed when you see a wrestler gets pushed, then they stop and you don't here about them in weeks. I get what you are saying, some guys were given pushes, but failed miserably, but shouldn't they get another shot?

I get what you are saying, but don't you get annoyed when you see a wrestler gets pushed, then they stop and you don't here about them in weeks.

Err, no. They're just not in engaging storylines. This extra hour would just be more of most storylines not working.

I get what you are saying, some guys were given pushes, but failed miserably, but shouldn't they get another shot?

That's what ECW is for. It's why Burchill wasn't fired, why The Miz & Morrison were moved there. It'll be where Kozlov goes in the draft.

Also if shows are 3 hours long, it doesn't make PPVs or extended episodes that much special. This happening is just as likely as Wrestlemania being seen on free tv.

That's what ECW is for. It's why Burchill wasn't fired, why The Miz & Morrison were moved there. It'll be where Kozlov goes in the draft.

Yeah, I know, you are right. I just was what I said b/c it would be better for them to wrestle on their own show, not the C-Show. By the way, The Miz & Morrison shouldn't count as ECW wrestle, they barely wrestle their.

Nitro went to 3 hours at one point and Bishoff even said it was too much of a committment for the fans to buy into.

Is it just me that feels all WWE programming needs 1 more hour. They have a bunch of wrestlers that don't even get on t.v. for weeks, they give them a push, then stop. One more hour to all the shows would make it better, especially on Smackdown. Remember The Great Khail and the kiss cam, R-Truth is on every two weeks, feels like we haven't seen them in weeks. How about their tag teams on Smackdown, like Jesse and Festus, The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson and Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder, when was the last time they had air time. It's just as bad on Raw with Charlie Haas, Dolph Ziggler, Sim Snuka, William Regal and Cryme Tyme. I know a couple of things, like most of the guys you wrote suck, and that thats what WWE Superstars is for and it won't happen, but its just an idea.

Write what you guys think here.

Well, "Superstars" is going to be broadcasting soon and I think they will be using a lot of the talent that you mentioned on that show due to time restraints on Raw and Smackdown. But other than that, maybe Raw could use a 3rd hour to help promote some of the younger and lower level talent on the roster, I would enjoy that a lot actually. If all we see are superstars and champions then the product will become watered down and we won't get to see the entire roster, I mean, why have these guys if they never air them? Look at Boxing, they have entire cards full of nobody's and then they air huge PPV's with the bigger names, wrestling used to be like that and could/should be again. UFC is the same way, they have their little shows on Spike and then their PPV's with the headliners, so all in all I would be all for it.

I agree with the whole 1 more hour being added to WWE programming. No new superstars. Use a mix of all 3 brands or have a feud on this one show. Have low midcarders take on jobbers and mix it up. Even jobbers need exposure. Hell even have some jobbers win once in a while. Surprise us fans and throw us the hell off LOL. Also for the love of God use what tag teams you do have Vince LOL!!!

Nitro went to 3 hours at one point and Bishoff even said it was too much of a committment for the fans to buy into.

When Nitro was 2 hours, Bischoff is quoted saying that it was "destination television." What a great way to describe it. People had their lives scheduled around Monday Nitro because they saw captivating television for 2 hours that left them wanting more. People were left HUNGERING for more, so you could bet that they are going to be sitting in front of the tube the very next week to satisfy that crave.

When Nitro went to three hours...that addiction was satisfied that week. People weren't scratching their faces and having massive headaches from Nitro withdrawal because they already had enough of a fix. On top of that, they added Thunder...which was even more overkill, and the product that was once captivating, soon became watered down and "too much of a good thing" as opposed to one night of DESTINATION television.

I love Raw. It's great for the most part. Smackdown is often kind of laborious. ECW...it's a tossup every week. If you add an hour to any of those shows, you are watering down an already well stretched talent pool. It would result in weaker ratings and dwindled interest.

No.

The point of Raw and Smackdown is that you get just enough to make you want to watch next week. The balance is just right between bullshit that no one really cares about and good quality stuff. Someone might like the comedy stuff, like Santino, while others might like the serious stuff like HHH/Orton and so on and so forth. If you ask people to sit through an extra hour of good and bad, then it tends to become more bad. When people get tired of stuff on WWE, they don't have to wait that long for the show to change. With three hours, the writers will have more to do every week, stories will be weakened, and the bullshit will grow because it's easier to write. Just doesn't work overall.

Why not add an extra hour? They could have Raw on from 8-11, and use the first hour for the younger guys. That way if people didn't want to watch all 3 hours, then they could skip the first hour and know that they wouldn't be missing any regular Raw storylines.

i think once a month they should do a 3hr smackdwn nd raw. every week will b to much. they should just bring back heat and velocity so we can see the mid carders and new talent from fcw on there

I think at the very least ECW should get another hour they have alot of potential on that roster and it probably wouldn't hurt to bring back shows like Sunday Night Heat and make Saturday Night Main Event or what ever it was called that'd be perfect for mid carders and developmental talent at least Sunday Night Heat no one is really doing anything on a Sunday night anyways lol

actually there is already stuff in the two-hour show I skip when I get around to watching it on the DVR every week. I dont want to see an extra hour on Raw - just stick the young guys on ECW.

As someone else said when WCW was two hours most of it was brilliant, when it went to three, it became unbearable. That's the equivalent of a PPV every Monday night and would impact the company negatively in an already bad economy.

Another Hour of WWE programming could very much help the wwe talent in the mid card section, giving them more time to focus on matches, and not just the main storyline the whole time.

Another Hour of WWE programming could very much help the wwe talent in the mid card section, giving them more time to focus on matches, and not just the main storyline the whole time.

Exactly, these guys deserve to be on TV more than once a month or so too, whats the point in having them if they are not going to be used? I look foward to Superstars when it airs, it will be good for the WWE, their talent and their fans. A small part of me think's its going to be as fun to watch as the other WWE shows due to watching wrestling and not having to put up with too much in the way of storylines.

As much as I love pro wresling and could stand to watch it every day, I don't think the WWE shows need to add another hour. Maybe they just have too many people for the time they already have. TNA as of late has been trying the approach of doing more with less talent and realizing that everyone does not need to be on every show all the time. I think this has helped them in not having all of the talent involved in storylines and convoluted PPV matches month after month.

And while you want to see a certain person every week, someone else doesn't want to see them at all, so keeping certain talent off of tv some weeks is just more of giving the people what the WWE thinks we want.

One more hour will be overkill. It's good that Superstars is starting, that will give lower guys a chance at tv time. ECW is the only one that could maybe do with an extra hr but it is already getting dry as it is.

I don't think we necessarily need an extra hour. I think we need shorter promos and recaps. Now, I don't mean mic segments, as those promos are good....outside of how HHH/Orton this week went WAY too long. What I'm referring to is why we have to see 15 minutes of recap stuff on each episode of ECW, and we have to see the same stuff but MORE on both Raw and Smackdown as well. On Raw this week, for instance, one of the things we saw was that promo between HHH and Orton, which was very long. On top of that, we saw a recap of what Orton's done all the way back to Vince, which was many weeks ago and we've seen it 100 times. We also had to see this same footage on ECW tonight. Guaranteed, they're going to show it on Smackdown. Then on Raw next Monday, they're going to show it again. Why do I need to see the same thing 4 times?

If WWE cut those shorter and only made them 30 second teasers, they could get all their quick "watch the other 2 shows that you aren't watching right now" stuff out of the way in enough time to give us another match or two, and it wouldn't be so damn aggravating when you have to sit through the same crap over and over and over and over and over again. That kills my interest in many feuds. By the time I get to the next week's episode of whatever show it happened on, I've seen it 4 times already, and now I feel like I've been sitting through the storyline for 8 months.

When Superstars comes, its most likely going to be used as another shilling platform for the WWE to show even more repetitive garbage. Think about it. Superstars comes on, its an hour long, you get 3 matches and the rest are the same promos from Raw/ECW/Smackdown that you already have seen, so now you see each segment 5 times a week - 6 times if you were stupid enough to watch the one hour Raw recap on the weekend.

Overkill.

As it stands, each week on each show, we get a ton of stupid matches. A couple of each, also containing a random jobber from 'said' hometown. I don't think we need another hour. I think we just need to cut back on having lack-luster matches all together.

Something funny occured to me earlier. People are still complaining over the Brand Extention, when in fact we barely have one at all. Superstars from each brand, the "major" Superstars, anyways, are always on other shows. So we don't have that wall that we had in the beginning.

If this is the case, I truly fail to understand why we can't get a great quality line-up, on Raw, Smackdown & even E.C.W.

In all honesty, E.C.W. had possibly the best line-up a week or so back, when they had Swagger/Christian, then a match with I think Dreamer/Morrison, as well as one other that was decent, and a 4th match that was a squash. Raw, at most, had 4 matches last night. FOUR. They had a whole extra hour, and couldn't even produce an extra match.

Clearly segments and promos are over-riding shows these days, and it's for WrestleMania. However, the sad thing is, Mania is 4 weeks away still. The build-up is gonna fizzle out before we get there.

So no, an extra hour is overkill to the extreme. (no pun intended) I say we just need to start focusing on more hyped matches, more important matches, cut back slightly on promos, and quit having squash matches all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back