• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1-18-08 or Cloverfield

Wow. Am I the only person who thought this movie sucked? It was easily the worst movie I have ever seen. It pretty much visually raped me, and I just sat there and took it. This is the only movie that I have ever been to that everybody boo'd when it ended. But I would like to know where they got that camera at, it could endure anything.

I would give it -5 stars. It was terrible.

What theater did you go to? That movie was easily one of the best movies I've ever seen, and the entire crowd I saw it with loved it also. Though I thought I was gonna puke at some points, it was a CRAZY movie.

I thought I answered your question, but for some reason it didn't show up. I saw it at a big AMC theater. The theater I saw it was HUGE. It could easily hold 300 people.

I saw the movie today.......

I thought it sucked so much ass it's ridiculous.

3 MAJOR things I found wrong with this movie.

#1- There is absolutley NO WAY the Army would let people leave because they want to go back for someone.....no way.

#2- When they were 1,000 ft in the sky with the helicopter and the monster got bombed.......how the hell did the monster jump up that high and for some random reason.....attack their helicopter? That thing was nowhere near that height and it targets that chopper that is like the size of a matchbox car to us.

#3- I love how no matter where they were........the monster was right there. They travel across the city and the monster is still there even though it's very slow and would have to destroy dozens of skyscrapers to make it's way through the city that fast.

They hyped this thing up so bad and it was a huge disapointment.

ALSO

How was Beth just so fine she was able to run very fast when a minute before she was barely able to move and was stumbling.

They never mention what happens to Liz.

He (Rob) doesn't have barely any sympathy for his brother....until his mom makes him cry.

ALL the bombs, guns, and near nukes that they drop on this thing (monster)and it still is able to move and not seem affected.

The camera seemed indestructable....after times of Hud falling down.....the helicopter crash.....and the final bombing of the city. AND the battery doesn't run out.....just the tape does at the end.

They had a guarenteed way out of the city when they decide to go back for a girl who should be dead and in a building that shouldn't be standing.

And some others I can't think of.

But every person who got up and was leaving in the theater was SO dissapointed. I stood up and yelled "Waste of Money!" And they agreed.

Overall I give it a 3/10 just because the monster effects were cool....even though the monster looked like a ******ed, crippled Godzilla.

I saw the movie today.......

I thought it sucked so much ass it's ridiculous.

3 MAJOR things I found wrong with this movie.

#1- There is absolutley NO WAY the Army would let people leave because they want to go back for someone.....no way.

#2- When they were 1,000 ft in the sky with the helicopter and the monster got bombed.......how the hell did the monster jump up that high and for some random reason.....attack their helicopter? That thing was nowhere near that height and it targets that chopper that is like the size of a matchbox car to us.

#3- I love how no matter where they were........the monster was right there. They travel across the city and the monster is still there even though it's very slow and would have to destroy dozens of skyscrapers to make it's way through the city that fast.

They hyped this thing up so bad and it was a huge disapointment.

ALSO

How was Beth just so fine she was able to run very fast when a minute before she was barely able to move and was stumbling.

They never mention what happens to Liz.

He (Rob) doesn't have barely any sympathy for his brother....until his mom makes him cry.

ALL the bombs, guns, and near nukes that they drop on this thing (monster)and it still is able to move and not seem affected.

The camera seemed indestructable....after times of Hud falling down.....the helicopter crash.....and the final bombing of the city. AND the battery doesn't run out.....just the tape does at the end.

They had a guarenteed way out of the city when they decide to go back for a girl who should be dead and in a building that shouldn't be standing.

And some others I can't think of.

But every person who got up and was leaving in the theater was SO dissapointed. I stood up and yelled "Waste of Money!" And they agreed.

Overall I give it a 3/10 just because the monster effects were cool....even though the monster looked like a ******ed, crippled Godzilla.

Well, Im sorry to hear you were disappointed with the flic but hopefully i can answer some of these questions.

1-You're right about the army, but please understand it's a friggin movie that has a 500 foot mutated turtle that oozes crab people destroying the city.

2- During the helicopter sequence, the monster just got 30-plus bombs dropped on it's back and was prop a little peeved. so he looks up at where the bombs came from and sees the chopper. The fighter jets were prob too high and fast for the monster so it lunged at the first thing it saw.

3- Well, the monster wasn't always there. At the beginning, they were running TOWARDS the monster to get Beth. Plus, i dont know if you've been to NY but everywhere the monster was destroying shit was in a relative 20 block radius. Central Park, Columbus Circle, etc. A monster that big could walk across the city in 5 minutes.

also-
Beth running was stupid but then again there's a giant turtle coming to get you.

Liz probably lived. We dont need to know what happened to her anyway. The audience isn't supposed to know any answers to something like this. We see the world through the camcorder.

The camera did seem built to last but as far as the battery goes, it was only an 80 minute movie and batteries can last that long. as far as a nuclear strike, well, i guess so too.

It was a movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back