Zac Efron to play Spiderman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSS Productions

Pre-Show Stalwart
where-does-zac-efron-live-now-200x300.jpg
spiderman-web.jpg

Well I was going through daily news and stuff and I saw an article which had an interview with High School Musical star Zac Efforn, Zac stated that he really wants to play Spiderman in the new Spiderman movie .

We all know Sony rebooted the whole series with a whole new cast but can Zac actually play the role of Peter Parker ? Don't be biased because of his role in the HSM series , Johnny Depp first debuted as a nobody in Nightmare on Elm Street and has since become a huge actor, so you really can't tell who will make it being in Hollywood.

I personally think he can pull it off, and if he can't then replace him in the next Spiderman movie, they did it with Batman Begins so they can do it for the new Spiderman series as well.

Discuss.

Dear god, NO.

You can't compare Depp to Effron. Depp is a way better actor in general. Effron is just one of those teeny bopper actors that no one will care about once he gets older. Another problem with him is that people will take him as a joke in a more serious role. I know I am already laughing at the thought of him as Peter. It would just make the movie seem like another stupid teen flick without a really serious 'adult' side. Some of that isn't his fault, it's just that the roles he has played so far have been less serious and put him in a position where he just seems like a joke.

Just imo.

I'm sorry but if they cast Zac Efron as Spiderman i will bash my head into the wall that might be the single worst decision for a comic book movie it's even worse then Topher Grace as Venom. I mean nobody takes Zac Efron seriously and from what i have seen of him he can't act his way out of a paper bag. I think they need to cast an unknown for the role of a young peter parker the same way they casted a lot of unknowns for Star Trek.

Seriously, If Zac FUCKING Efron plays Spider-Man, then I will literally want to kick someone's ass because I will be mad as hell. Either that or I'll probably punch holes in the walls of my room. Johnny Depp is an outstanding actor, and he showed signs of this way back in the day in movies such as Edward Scissor hands, Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert grape, and Donnie Brasco. Efron is one of the stars of High School Musical. A movie series that is nothing but a fad, and will be forgotten about 5 years from now. 17 Again is also another forgettable movie that nobody expect for teenage girls will care about.

Efron has shown zero signs of good or great acting abilities. The only reason I'm not pissed about him playing Johnny Quest is because I haven't seen that cartoon in years, and I don't remember that much about it. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, and as Frozentrash75 said, Efron as Spider-Man would be worse than Topher Grace as Venom. I REALLY hated Grace as Venom.

This is just showing the lengths studios will go to to cater to the High School Musical / Twilight / Hannah Montana crowd. In case no one has heard, the werewolf guy from "Twilight" (don't care to know his fucking name) has been tapped to tentatively play Stretch Armstrong in a feature film.

The movie's going to make millions of dollars anyway. There's no need for Hollywood to reach into teeny-bopper territory to make a few extra bucks. Just make a good fucking film and people will pay to see it...simple enough.

OMG! If Zac Effron is cast as Spidey, I wll have a serious breakdown. We can't compare shit like Zac Effron to great actors like Johnny Depp. That is stupid!

WFT seriously Zac, this dude will suck as spiderman. Shit im used to seeing Tobey Maguire as spiderman. Now this is going to kill the whole movie by making Zac spiderman this will be a whole different movie. It really wont be like the other 3 movies with Tobey in them. It will lose alot of flavor, Its like if they change that chick from twilight and put another chick as bella, It will kill the whole movie, because your used to the same people through out all the story.

I honestly don't see what the big deal about zac playing spiderman would be. Don't get me wrong i love the original spiderman with toby, but as you all should know that when your in the movie making business you take what you get. I mean yeah so what zac was in some disney movies..... SO WHAT! he's trying to branch out and expand his movie carreer. If sony doesnt want to make spiderman toby you have no say in it.I know everyone including myself are used to seeing toby. IMO i feel that everyone judges him based on his HSM 1, 2, 3 and thats not fair a movie is a movie is a movie. Some are just better than others wheather you like it or not. so i say if they were to make zac the new spiderman fine by me. i know it would be different but if they can change batman over the years they can change spiderman too.

:D
*PEACE*

Actually, I don't think this will turn out to be such a bad idea if they re-write the movies the correct way. Zac Effron has shown that he has some decent acting talent. That movie he did where he was an old guy and went back to being a teenager wasn't that bad. He has pretty good comedic timing as well as dramatic acting experience. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do.

After all, this could save him from being type-casted after the High School Musical-era. He could very well break out of that shell and become something bigger, and the new Spiderman movies would be the start of that.

Regardless, this movie is going to suck all sorts of ass, with or without the teeny bopper. Fan boys, everyone sit back, relax, take a deep breath. Do you realize what this movie is going to be?

it's going to be a fucking CW show, that's what it is. Spiderman is in high school, and the main story of the movie is supposed to be about his life and the challenges of high school. The production budget for this movie is somewhere around 80 million dollars, which is jack shit compared to what the first 3 movies were.

This movie is going to be low budget, teen angst bullshit, and rumor has it, it's going to lack a super villain. Zac Effron will suck as Spiderman, but it's going to be one of many things that is going to suck about this movie. This movie has total fail written all over it, despite who plays Spiderman.

Zac Efron as Peter Parker/Spider-man, Miley Cirus as Mary Jane and Hilary Duff as Gwen Stacy. This may be reality now that Disney owns Marvel. Although I've read in a few spaces that the aim of the forthcoming Spider-man movie is to interpret the hero in a more gritty, reality based manner (an ambition no doubt inspired by the success of The Dark Knight).

Attempting to properly execute a gritty Spider-man movie with a cast led or inspired by Disney movie heartthrob(s) would surely bait the sceptics; the same sceptics who most likely questioned the casting of Heath "Butt Fucking/Casanova" Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight. I don’t believe that a good gritty (or not so gritty) Spider-man movie starring Zac Efron can’t be made, but I do believe that those producing the film will need to enlist the services of a brilliant, visionary director to make it happen.

This movie is going to be low budget, teen angst bullshit, and rumor has it, it's going to lack a super villain.

Wait, woah, wait, hold the fuck up, hold your horses, rewind, hit the breaks, turn around, STOP.

What?

Where did you hear that there's not going to be a villain? What the fuck is this? If there isn't going to be a villain, doesn't that make it NOT a superhero movie? Is Spiderman not a superhero anymore? What the fuck is going on here?

If they seriously decide to make a movie where it's just some fucking kid with superpowers dealing with high school life, I'm going to be PISSED.

"Ooooh, look at the kid with SUPER-FUCKING-POWERS, getting bullied in school and failing tests!"

Give me a goddamn break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back