Your Top 10 favourite wrestling moves.

J-Dogg

The Backbreaker Machine
This thread is for listing your top 10 favourite moves in professional wrestling.

Since i lost all my work when posting my top 10 favourite wrestlers i thought i will make this "List" Thread.

1. Backbreaker- As many people on this site would know of my obsession with the backbreaker move its my all time favourite move, it has mulitple variations which are brutal and just great to watch and if your a wrestler using this move as part of your moveset its a great move to have because it has many variations to it.

The backbreaker is a move that has been around fo a long time and many wrestlers have used it or still use it as a finisher. And i mark out for any wrestler who uses a variation of it. Also its a move wrestlers of all sizes use and its powerful and impactful, its a great move to target and attack an opponents back.

2. Gutbuster- Another good move delivers on impact and does the damage, and a move that Dolph Ziggler uses well from the top rope again its a move with multiple variations.

3. Cutter- Even though it was created by John Lauriniatis and he is hated by many within the wrestling business, its still a great move which is one that sees the attacker slaming the head of an opponent into the mat, its been done in many different ways, of the top rope, off ladders and into chairs. Some of the most famous cutters come from Matt Hardy, Randy Orton and DDP.

4. STF- A submission move created by Masahiro Chono but made famous by John Cena in WWE, a move that applies pressure the knee, neck and back of the opponent, its an effective submission and many have tapped out to it by Cena as well as its creator Masahiro Chono.

5. DDT- One of the most traditional and common moves in professional wrestling today, created by Jake "The Snake" Roberts in the early 1980s in a match against The Grappler. The move see's the opponent's head and face driven into the mat....a classic move.

6. The Figure Four Leg Lock- The most famous submission move and a real painful position to be in as the guy on the recieving end, and most well known to be used by the one and only "Naitch", "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Its and iconic move and wrestlers have used it to pay tribute to Flair.

7. Powerbomb- Another original move in wrestling, multiple ways to use it and a staple move in wrestling today for many. It delivers power and damage to a wrestler.

8. 630 degree Senton- A very dangerous aerial move used by the likes of Jack Evans, a flash move in my opinion which requries alot of skill to pull off.

9. Spinebuster- A move used commonly with Triple H, in that you use your opponents momentum to make the attack more powerful.

Finally my 10 favourite move of all time is...

10. Irish Whip- Its one of the very first wrestling moves throwing your opponent into the turnbuckle or into the ropes rebounding. When enough force is used when the opponent its the turnbuckle can create a big impact. The irish whip is a traditional and and necessary move in professional wrestling.

All right here we go...

10. Double Knee Backbreaker (Lung Blower, Back Cracker, Etc.)
Invented by Chi Chi Cruz I believe. This move always looks devastating. My favorite Backbreaker variation ever. Performed by many wrestlers including CIMA, Scott Lost, and more famously Carlito.

9. Ace Crusher (Cutter)
Invented by Johnny Ace (Lauriniatis), a pretty straight forward face crusher with multiple variations. Performed by many many many wrestlers around the world including B-boy, Homicide, but most famously Randy Orton and DDP.

8. Shooting Star Press
Invented by Jushin "Thunder" Liger, the Shooting Star Press is in my opinion the best looking high flying move out there. Basically a reverse moonsault, or a "gainer", this move whether it be standing or off the top rope, has put away many wrestlers around the world. Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne)'s is among the best out there, and PAC's Corkscrew variation is quite a sight to see.

7. Tornado Kick (Spinning Roundhouse Kick)
Taken from a form of karate, this is a great move for a wrestler to use if performed correctly. It's got a really nice look to it and it looks like it can take someones head off.
Performed spectacularly by Scott Lost and Bobby Quance, and is the signature finishing manuever of WWE's Kofi Kingston which he calls "Trouble In Paradise".

6. Roaring Elbow
One of my favorite strikes. Essentially a spinning horizontal elbow/forearm smash. Most recently performed by Chris Hero as a finisher.

5. Shining Wizard
Invented by The Great Muta. Shining moves are all great but you just can't beat the original. Used by quite a few wrestlers now. Arik Cannon's enzuigiri variation which he calls the "Glimmering Warlock" is a hard hitter.

4. Ranhei
Invented by Japan's Madoka. There really is no techinical name for it except a "foreword sommersault STO". Basically, you reach around the opponent with somewhat of a gutwrench and perform a front flip while sweeping the opponents leg landing in a pin.
It's a great move and is now catching some wind and being used on WWE TV by Kofi Kingston, he calls it the "S.O.S."

3. Gutwrench
So many moves can be done out of a gutwrench which is why it is one of my favorites. Some varations include Jack Swagger's Gutwrench Powerbomb and Mike Quackenbush's Swinging Gutwrench Driver which he calls the "Quackendriver IV".

2. Wheelbarrow
Another great position which has many variations. Including the Wheelbarrow Suplex, and Eric Young's "Youngblood Neckbreaker".

And my all time favorite move...

1. Piledriver
A move which is always devastating no matter the variation. The original Piledriver, is a staright drop on the noggin. It's so devastating in fact that it's banned in WWE! The variations are all awesome, like the "Tombstone" Piledriver, Reverse Piledriver, Chuck Taylor's "Omega Driver", the variation possibilities are endless. It's hard to think why not everybody counts this as their favorite move of all time.

5. Ankle Lock- Man, Angle found a reversal for every move that went into the ankle lock. And he put passion into his lock. That's the only way I like it, Batista's look like a boston crab with the lack of passion he puts into it.

4. Chokeslam- This move was created for the monster heel. When Kane grabs a cruiserweight by the neck you know he's going for a ride. Also a generally safe move that still looks brutal

3. Backbreaker- I like this move because of the creativity included with it. I love the cobra clutch backbreaker Big Show did in ECW, it looked liked it broke his opponent's back (Which is the point).

2. Lariat Clothesline- The reason this isn't number 1 is the inconsistency of the move. When a man like Hansen hit that move, the match was over and you wondered if the guy was ok. But when a rookie hits the move sloppily it justs looks ugly.

1. Piledriver This move has been the brutal finisher since the beginning of wrestling. This move is known to be dangerous and has broken numerous necks. No move I like seeing more than the original piledriver.

Its good to see the Backbreaker in another list and getting some love, its such a great move, its brutal and there are many variations to it thats why its my all time favourite. Also Big Show's cobra clutch backbreaker is insane and i'd wish he's use it again, also the reason i can't put the Piledriver in a list is because even though its a classic move its a tad over rated now in my opinion. Like okay i get its dangerous and so many famous guys used it but there are other moves that can cause neck damage not just the piledriver...still love the move though.

Top 10 favorite wrestling moves, this one requires me to think a little bit here. Um okay I think I'm ready...

#10. Irishwhip
A fundemental move that's been around for ever, and is a good way to soften up ones lower back into the turnbuckle.
#9. BackBreaker With all the variations out there this definetly a good move to have in your arsenal. One of my favorites would be the Tilt-A-Whirl and Carlito's BackStabber.

#8. Monkey Flip
When Rob Van Dam is running at you in the corner you know your getting sent half way across the ring, it also showcases ones leg strength.
#7. Arm-Bar take down
Another way to weaken someones arm quick and effectivly. When Angle did this Jericho during there match in early 2000's it really looked he had litterly broken Y2J's arm.

#6. Cutter
Many famous ones, and all are done extremely well. Love the many variations with this move. Rko and the Diamond Cutter.

#5. Ankle Lock
There was passion when
Kurt would put that submission in, a look that was matched only by Benoit.

#4. Nip Up
A good way to gain momentum fast and when HBK does it, it grabs the attention of the crowd quick.

#3. Sleeper
Some might find this one abit random but if your a heel its a good way to garnish heat from the crowd, so that the face can gain some momentum.

#2. Figure 4-leglock
I'm also going to throw in the fact leg submissions are just plain some of my favorites. But Nature Boy Ric Flair's Figure 4 was devestating.

#1. German Suplex I personally love this move(Hence it being number one). Its quick to happen just come up behind them and bam! When you need that few seconds to recooperate just throw the Ol' German out there.

-TheBigCheez-It-

No particular order.

10. Spinebuster - Just the way the head and back and spine just hit the mat with sheer force, it's insane.

9. DDT - This move, widely popularized by Jake "The Snake" Roberts is common now. But that doesnt' make it any less dangerous. Maryse is utilizing it in a great way right now and her DDT looks great.

8. Lariat/Clothesline - I've always felt this was one of the most underrated moves, ever. Stan Hansen of course, his Lariat. JBL and his clothesline from hell. Man, they knocked your asses out.

7. Ankle Lock - Shamrock is irrelevant to me. Kurt Angle made this move. The intensity he had in his eyes and the way he made you think every single time the foe's ankle was going to snap right into. Plus he could reverse any move into it.

6. Shooting Star Press - Jushin "Thunder" Liger, the innovator. The move was absolute art in motion. Matt Sydal does the move better than anyone has. He's perfected it.

5. STFU - John Cena popularized this move. It's the STF with a small twist. John Cena applies it with so much power, so much intensity. He's made everyone who's ever locked in it tap out. People doubt the power of this move, ask Edge. Cena locked him in it in their TLC match, Edge said it was the only time in a wrestling match he was actually knocked unconcious.

4. Powerslam - You have so many variations. I personally like the running powerslam, made famous by the British Bulldog, later on Bobby Lashley.

3. Sweet Chin Music/Superkick - How simple, yet deadly is this move? You think, oh.. a kick. yay? He kicks you right in the fucking mouth, knocking you OUT. It's been Shawn Michaels finisher forever. He still gets as many cheers as he did in the old days with it. You know when he tunes up the band, it's lights out.

2. The Last Ride - I could have just said powerbomb, but eh. I love this move. It's a powerbomb, but he lifts you up about 9-10 feet or so it seems in the air, and just slams your ass down on the mat. INTENSE!

1. RKO/Cutter - It can literally hit out of nowhere. You could be stumbling up from the mat.. RKO! Turn around, RKO! It's a beautiful move, and can be executed on anyone.

My choices are as such:

10)Canadian Destroyer: No matter how people come up with reasons why this is horrible, and you need the other person to sell it for you. It is still a beautiful move to watch in motion.

9) Avalanche Falcon arrow: Hayabusa was the innovator of many things and this move is one that he created. This variation is from the middle rope and the one he did on Great sasuke proves why I love it.

8)Styles Clash/Crash Landing: Debated that Crash created it, Or AJ, All in all, I find this to be low risk, but great on camera. And in variations on the ropes or through tables

7) Steiner Screwdriver: Awesome move, Simply awesome and dangerous as all hell

6)Ace crusher/RKO/Diamond cutter: Not the stunner, just the flat backed variation. The way that all three do it, is low risk but looks like gold. My personal favorite being the one DDP gave Eddie from the powerbomb then half splash mountain position.

5) Crippler Crossface: Created by Dean Malenko, but given to Benoit, This was a very MMA-ish move that put torque on the arm and neck of the victim, It looked even better when countered into.

4)Pedigree: This was not done before Trips, and has been done by many since. The best variation in the ''Pepsi plunge'' from the top rope.

3) Orton reverse Neck breaker: A rarely mentioned variation of the neckbreaker. I think it is effective and devastating enough to be a finisher, but its just a set up for the RKO. It looks great on camera and Orton does it the best.

2) Shining Wizard: Keiji Mutoh, Legendary for multiple reasons, but in my eyes, This is his crowning jewel. The 2nd of my list of Gregory helms moves that he intergrated into his moveset based of japanese legacies, Mutoh does this the best.

1) Vertebreaker/Gringo killer: This move was created by Megumi Kudo, a female japanese wrestler, but was brought over to the states by Sugar Shane Helms (Gregory, Hurricane) This move is incredibly dangerous, no matter how careful you are, and is, and forever will be my favorite move of all time.

10. Falcon Arrow - Hayabusa's sitout suplex pin was pretty innovative at the time, and is still one of my favorites to this day.

9. Emerald Flowsion - One of Misawa's many innovations in wrestling, the Emerald Flowsion is always a match ender and very vicious when done properly.

8. Schwein - Also known as the Kryptonite Krunch (and Finlay does it, I have no idea what he calls it, I just know it's his finisher in the Smackdown games). The move is considered a piledriver of sorts, although I think it looks way more powerful than your standard piledriver.

7. Rydeen Bomb - Created by Satoshi Kojima, the move is a mixture of a sitout powerbomb and spinebuster. D-Lo Brown borrowed the move and called it the Lo-Down, it looked nowhere near as devastating as Kojima's variation.

6. Spinebuster - A spinebuster is possibly the most vicious move in professional wrestling history. The spinebuster isn't used much today, but it's been adopted in the world of Mixed Martial Arts. Back in the day, the spinebuster was the ultimate finisher. Currently, Mixed Martial Artists use it as a way to break armbars as well as cause knockouts.

5. Tiger Driver '91 - Another Misawa innovation, basically a tigerbomb piledriver combination that has the capability of murdering an opponent.

4. Shining Wizard - Keiji Mutoh's knee-step head kick, pure awesome, and a very original move.

3. Spinning Backfist - Part of KENTA's KENTA Rush, and also Eddie Kingston's finishing move. The spinning backfist is insanely basic, but awesome when it's pulled off properly. When the spinning backfist connects the proper way, it has a certain "awe" factor about it that makes the person landing it appear insanely strong.

2. Lariat - Quite possibly the greatest finisher in all of wrestling. When someone pulls off a lariat properly, it can give the allusion of ripping the opponents head off. Lariats can lead to pinfalls or KOs with no problem, and are truly a lost art in wrestling.

1. Last Falconry - Shingo Takagi's Wrist-clutch Fisherman Driver which I've decided to name myself after. The move is simply devastating and an awesome sight to see.

Well not taking Top rope move or submissions in account:
10) Clothline: Very basic move, used by many many wrestlers to get opponent down can be done standing, from top rope or running or as a counter simple but effective.

9) Dropkick: Done properly looks simply beautiful. A nice way to get your opponent down.

8) Backbreaker: Attacking the back of your opponent makes him weak cause back takes all the pressure of body and weakening that is always good strategy. One the back is hurt a wrestler has problem if he is high flyer he cant fly easily any more, if he is power wrestler a hurt back dont allow him to perform his move that easily.

7) Powerbomb: Great move for a power wrestler to demonstrate his strength and is used by may big mans.

6) Suplex: Normal, German ,belly to belly all of them are basic moves of technical wrestling. Catching your opponent and throwing him around.

5) Superkick: If there was one move that i will consider being used in a real life street fight that would be a superkick. Kicking some one in jaw with all your strength makes it 5th most effective and favorite move of all times. Specially to mention the way HBK has used it over the years makes it incredible.

4) DDT: Invented by Jack Robberts again very simple but dangerous move, diving opponents head with all your strength looks like killing some one.

3) Cutter: I love this move. Many versions of it has been there like cutter,rko,twist of faith. Best thing about it is the thing like "Out of no where he strikes with it..." thing. Crushing opponents head to mat by jumping to his head level look fantastic.

2) Piledriver: Move has been known to back necks over the years one of most veteran move to end a match or to hurt someone seriously.

1) Spear: Spear has been used by many to destroy their opponent. Size doesnt matter here cause any size wrestler can use it on other any size wrestler.

5. Tilt a Whirl Backbreaker - Just so awesome to see when the guys is whipped off the ropes and then spun so quickly into the move

4. DDT - Just so many great variations, The double arm and the tornado off the top are my personal favorites

3. Piledriver - Just so much impact and so dangerous but its so great to see in classic matches, just life the guy up and bang right on the head

2. Powerbomb - Simply a classic move thats great to see when a heel uses it, favorite variation is Scott Hall's and the repeating powerbomb

1. German Suplex - Easily my favorite move of all time, So much impact on the shoulders and when guys like Angle and the late Chris Benoit could german suplex with the best of them

10 Chokeslam - If done right, this move looks amazing. I love to see it done on Cruisers by Powerhouses more than any other division. The elevation that a Cruiser can get is amazing and the way it looks when it connects is even better.

9. Enziguri - The first type of power kick that I threw into my moveset in the indies. If done right, the enziguri will make anybody come out their seats with a loud reaction. I've even seen spots where a dude would spit out some gum to make it look like his tooth flew out.

8. Dropkick - It's one of those moves that has to be done perfectly. People like Owen Hart, Randy Orton, Jay Lethal and even Mike Knox have perfected this move to make it look so lethal.

7. Pedigree/Greetings from Ghana - Populated by Triple H and used best by Jimmy Rave. This move litterally depends on the person who takes the move. People like Shawn Michaels, Kenny Dykstra, The Miz, Morrison, Kane, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, and Chris Hero can sell this move perfectly. Especially Dykstra. I remember one Smackdown that I watched where Dykstra took a Pedigree, and the air he got on it was amazing. It's also the second finisher that I absolutely fell in love with.

6. Super Kick - Over the years it's been that one move that HBK has used to pull out of no where. It's that one kick that he needs, and sometimes it's the final kick he can do. I remember watching HBK vs. Triple H at Royal Rumble and the way HBK made it look like the SCM was all he had left was perfect. Personally, I like it best when it comes out of no where. Also, it's the first move I marked out to. It's also used in my moveset.

5. Canadian Destroyer - It's always one of those moves that you have to give credit to the person taking it. For example, to this day, Sonjay Dutt holds the record for the best sells to that move. Maybe it's cause he's taken so many and is used to it, but I don't even care. The Canadian Destroyer is unique and amazing.

4. Jumping Cutter - Like the Super Kick, this move can be pulled out of the hat at last second. It's always one of those breath taking moves and is just perfect.

3. Piledriver - I don't get why it's banned in WWE. It's perfectly legal in the indy scenes, and is actually the safest move you can take. And if sold right, it can look vicious.

2. Low Blow - It's only so high on this list because I love how heels put it into their sets. You know, like at the raw before 2008 Royal Rumble when Orton just used it to get out of defending his title. Or when the heels get the ref's attention and then low blow them. It's so awesome you know?

1. Chuck Taylor's Sole Food - It's used by Chuck Taylor, Kiyoshi, and Gail Kim. I just love the way people pull it off at times. I love it most when it's done by Chuck Taylor. I mean it's just jaw dropping.

I'm not going to get into depth about these moves as you all know them. I also am not going to use their technical names, I will just tell them as I first saw them. Although they are numbered 1-10 the scale has no meaning as far as favoritism goes.

1. Canadian Destroyer - easily one of the most visually stunning moves I have ever seen.

2. The Pedigree - The finisher of my favorite wrestler, and one of the most devastating moves ever.

3. The F-5 - The first time I saw this move was the first time I have seen Brock Lesnar as well and I thought the guy who took it was dead.

4. Kevin Nash's Jackknife - Now I go with this because tons of guys have used "Powerbombs" But only Kevin Nash used the Jackknife, and I think to this day his was the best.

5. The Razors Edge - How was I going to mention Nash and not mention Hall. That high angle drop is enough to make anyone shit their pants.

6. The Codebreaker - From the first time to the last time I saw this move I thought it was one of the coolest ways to decimate someones face.

7. The Steiner Recliner - I love this move so much. It's a little different. Some people have used the camel clutch but this is modified and seems like it's more painful and torturous.

8. The Sharpshooter - Folding anyone up in this move is both fun and educational, you quickly learn a lot about someones real tolerance for pain when you put them in this one for an hour or so.

9. The Shining Wizard - This seems to be the most popular move in these lists, and for a good reason. If you don't like this move, than you've probably got a vagina between your legs.

10. Starship Pain - I've never seen someone twist their body around in the air like that, and it is one of the most spectacular moves I have seen in a long time.

10) The Dominator: There is nothing flashy about The Dominator but it is easily one wrestling move that looks legitimately painful and realistic.

9) The Jackhammer: The longer an opponent could be suspended inverted in the air before both wrestlers came crashing down to the ring the better.

8) Hesitation Dropkick: I remember the first time I saw this move, it honestly looked like Chris Sabin froze in mid-air before connecting with the dropkick.

7) Lion Tamer: Today, The Lion Tamer resembles a Boston Crab. This submission move used to be much more aggressive and looked to apply more pain to more areas on the body.

6) Texas Cloverleaf: The Texas Cloverleaf is rarely seen in today's wrestling ring. To me, it makes it that much more special.

5) Flying Forearm: I've always been very impressed with AJ Style's Flying Forearm when he springboards off of the top rope. It's beautiful when he pulls it off.

4) Moonsault: My favorite top rope move, dispite not being the flashiest of having the best success rate.

3) DDT: A classic wrestling move which remains current due to the many different variations.

2) Canadian Destroyer: A move that even non-wrestling fans are sure to be amazed at the site of it.

1) Powerbomb: Always my go-to move. Like the DDT, there are many variations of this move and I'm a fan of them all.

10. The Dominator- Lashley had pure force behind this move. It was a great way to do LOTS of body damage and fast to an opponent, plus it looks real sick when doing it.

9. GTS- I admit, the first time I ever saw this, I was like ":wtf: was that?!" It was awesome. It is a truly devastating move especially to the frontal part of the face and can cause mean fractures to the frontal skull, nose, cheekbones, etc.

8. Widow's Peak- Great variation on the Gory Special. When you flip the opponent over your back after you've stunned them somehow, then you're holding them over your back. Then get ready for the sit down, and the impact going from their knees, up the spine, and the jarring it can cause up to the neck. Talk about a jarring sensation for days. Then add insult to injury, all you do is just let them fall face first to the mat.

7. Reverse Backbreaker (RKO style)- still one the THE most stylistic moves I LOVE. It is so seamlessly done by him and flows perfectly to set up for an RKO anytime.

6. Killswitch/Unprettier/Candywrapper - I love that version of the double underhook facebuster no matter what its called. Candice's jumping version was alright too. But Christian's falling was just awesome, either way, its a point blank face first crush to the mat.

5. Dream Street- a spin on a classic submission move. It is effective in trying to choke out someone to sleep. Then, as if that were not enough to cut off breathing, the other surprise, you get slammed HARD, back first to the mat.

4. Spear, Spear, Spear (sorry had to do that. :p) I LOVE the new hype behind this move. But I've always been an Edge-head. This can cause BIG time damage to midsection for quite a while. You can't deny the effectiveness when done right, you see a broken rib, or someone flipped over, or cracked ribs.

3.Superkick/Sweet Chin Music- This is one of those 'out of thin air' moves. But then again, it can also have a dramatic lead up, like 'tuning up the band.' Either way, it gets QUITE the crowd reaction when it hits the target. :)

2. RKO/Diamond Cutter- No matter what you call it, this move is designed to impress. It is devastating, and suits Orton to a T no matter if he's heel or face. People LOVE watching it get done. Even when its countered, you can't help but be amazed at how RKO counters into a new way to do one. :wtf: Its just beautiful to watch.

1. Crippler Crossface- by far and away THE greatest to me ever. Used by Dean Malenko, and mostly made famous by Chris Benoit. This move tweeks your arm, neck (carotid), and if properly pulled-abs-causing severe stress on those muscles all at once. Putting his hands around the throat area to apply this move would guarantee a tap out, or your'd most certainly pass out within seconds from lack of blood flow. I speak from experience after putting my husband in this move not once, but twice, only on a bet. Trust me he never doubted my skills again. Don't get me started on his ramblings about the Walls of Jericho, that's another story. :lmao:

10. Any variation of the Powerslam: Examples of variations are the dominator. As it has already been said this moves looks like genuine pain and can be taken seriously as a legitimate finisher in wrestling. It doesn't seem to hard to execute either. When i first watched wrestling I found this move to be even more amazing than the 619:)lmao:).

9. Lariat: Like the powerslam it is a very simlistic move that can be taken as a serious finisher. Nigel McGuinness & JBL use this move as they(among others) recognizes the simplicity but power of the move itself. I tlooks like you are decapitating someone when someone executes the really fast clothesline and someone else sells it extremely well. JBL always made this move as his finisher look as devestating as the Punt.

8. Ranhei: First off i have no earthly clue how Madooka preforms this thing. It is an awesome sweep STO and it's hard to believe this move is gutwrenched. Kofi Kingston uses this move and calls it the S.O.S but it should overshadow his lame Trouble In Paradise kick.

7.Strong Kicks With Impact These are kicks that you can hear actually hit the opponents skull. My favourite three are: Tajiri's Buzzsaw kick, Low-Ki's Black Magic & Kenta's awesome Busaiku Knee Kick. These moves are awesome & always get a crowd to say "ooh" when they hear it connect and you think this move might actually have just given the opponent a concussion. Honourable mentions to this are Shelton Benjamin's Dragon Whip, CM Punk's karate kicks, Sheamus's pump kick & any Senshi kick.

6.Any variation of the Powerbomb: Be it Crucifix, Spin-out, Sit out, Gutwrenched, Canadian Destroyer, Sunset Flip Powerbomb, Tigerbomb, Last Ride, Bernard Bomb, Mike Awesome's sitout avalanche Awesome Bomb, Alpha Bomb, Hart Rate or the standard one the powerbomb is just an awesomely overlooked move. There are many variations of this move that are very creative and have creative and simple ways to execute it. The move is incredibly dangerous though as it broke the neck of Hardcore Holly.

5.TKO/F-5: Marc Mero innovated this move and it is very cool and looks awesome. The F-5 is a great variation of this move and is another move which broke someones neck(Kurt Angle). It's a shame Brock didn't stay in wrestling for long. I used to cringe whenever i saw that move.

4.Sliced Bread No. 2 I first saw this move executed by Brian Kendrick. It is basically an overhead reverse DDT. Other great wrestlers such as Alex Shelly & Naomichi Marufuji(Innovated it) use this. I have always been impressed by this move.

3.German Suplex: Do i really need a reason? They are just pure epic. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle's 3 consecutive german's always got a crowd on their feet. The move is severly overlooked and it surprises me it is not used as a finisher.

2. Vertebreaker: Another incredibly dangerous move(probably just as dangerous as the piledriver.). WWE banned the move from being used in 2003. This technique is extremely dangerous, as the receiver's arms are restrained and his head is not placed between the wrestler's legs, giving him little to post against. The only way this move could be any more dangerous would be if it were off the top rope or the way Senshi's foot stamp off the top off it.

1.Tree Of Woe Ghetto Stomp: This move is lethal! Everytime i see this move used I think the reciever has just suffered a concussion! It shows just how much talent is in Senshi has how he has never seemed to botch this dangerous move.

10.) Irish Whip- There are so many things you can do from this.

9.) Sweet Chin Music- Awesome move, but it was better when Shawn did it from the corner and stomped his foot.

8.) RKO- Like SCM, it can be done when ever. And it has to hurt.

8.) Stone Cold Stunner- Let me get a big HELL YEAH!

7.) 5-Knuckle Shuffle- Even though it is totally fake, it is still an awesome move, and rarely gets reversed.

6.) Spinebuster- Triple H does it the best, currently. It destroys your spine and it HURTS.

5.) DDT- One of the oldest moves, yet it does so much damage.

4.) Diving Moonsault- Evan Bourne does this extremely well. How someone can flip through the air like that is beyond me.

3.) Chair Shot- Not really a move, but its used so often that it deserves a spot.

2.) Figure-4 Leglock- This hurts like a you-know-what. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Don't kill me for my number one. Please don't.

1.) Leg Drop- :wtf: Let me explain. Whenever Hogan did it, it almost guaranteed a win. Undertaker does a good one too. But when Hogan did it, the crowd just went into a frenzy because they knew he would win.

Hhhmmm, let's see:-

In no particular order.

- Orange Crush. I couldn't honestly tell you who developed the move, but i used to use it as the finisher for just about every created wrestler i've ever made. Basically it's executed by lifting your opponent as if you're delivering a regular vertical suplex, except you twist the opponent so that they are then facing toward you, and then just let them drop as you sit down. Imagine doing a piledriver, except your opponent starts suspeneded above your head.

- Orton's over the shoulder backbreaker. Always loved that move from the first time i saw it. Probably my favourite new move of the last ten years.

- Capture Suplex. Basically an over-head belly to belly, except you grab one of your opponents legs as well, so they are literally caught up in your grasp with the exception of one leg. Taz is the only guy i've ever seen do it, and i always thought it looked awesome.

-Unprettier/Killswitch. Even though this move is ridiculously easy to escape from, i've always thought it looked devastating. The first time i saw it executed was on Matt Hardy, and he busted his nose and looked legitimately concussed.

- Dragon Suplex. Imagine a German suplex but instead of lifting the opponent by their waist, you do it by applying a Full Nelson. Used to be Benoit's finisher back in his Japan days.

- Impaler DDT/Edgecution. When this move is executed properly, and not the way Edge does it, this looks devastating. For an example, watch Christian vs Jericho at WM20. Christian executes it picture perfectly.

-Double Arm DDT. Definitely not McIntyre's version. Much like the Impaler DDT, there's next to no way to defend youself when on the receiving end of this move, making it look so more impactful than a regular DDT.

-Boot to Face. Wierd one huh? But if it's done the way Test used to do it, with an almighty crack that sounds like a gun going off, then it used to make me cringe every time.

- Brainbuster. Another great suplex variation which again sometimes looked as though it may have caused serious damage to the recipient (it is called a Brainbuster after all). Used frequently by Eddie G.

And finally....

The Tombstone Piledriver, mainly because unlike the normal piledriver where you can see that the legs of the attacker is cushioning the impact to protect the opponent's head, the Tombstone makes it a lot less obvious (mainly because it's giving nowhere near the same level of protection). Includes the original and spinning versions, and hell i've seen Justin Credible do it off the top rope! How Mikey Whipwreck isn't dead i don't know.

Anyway, that's my 10

wow this made me think!

10) RKO/Jumping Cutter - Just a quickfire move, and it can be hit at whatever time in the match (Bragging Rights, The Ironman match, Cena Went for FU, countered with an RKO...Magic)

9)FU (I refuse to call it the Attitude Ajustment) - I'm not cena's biggest fan, but when he hits the FU, the crowd just go bazerk!

8) The Cobra - Kill me for liking it, but im quite possibly Santino's biggest fan, he rarely hits the Cobra, but when he does, a feeling of happiness goes straight to my mouth to show a smile!

7) GTS - KENTA created it, CM Punk made it famous, it looks like a move that you just dont want to get struck by.

6) Starship Pain - John morrison's variation on RVD's split-legged moonsault, is just a show of amazing athletic ability.

5) Lie Detector - When i first saw this on SvR 2010, i thought that this is stupid, no-one can hit this...R-Truth proved me wrong when he made it his finisher.

4) Gallows Pole/ 12th Step - Luke Gallows New finisher when he changed from Festus... Combo of Submission and powerbomb is great and very devastating

3) Sweet Chin Music - It doesn't need a description really!!

2) Ziggler Sleeper Hold - Fantastic. WWE needed a new dominating Submission (STF is Boring, and Walls of Jericho no longer seems to work). its giving Dolph a new leash of life, and the push he deserves.

1) Shooting Star Leg Drop - Created by MDogg20, its one of the moves that you can't miss, its great athletism and fantastic to watch!!

this is hard to rate them but im going to try
10. hard right punch: such a basic move to show you mean business

9. green bay plunge: from the top turnbuckle, it looked like it dealt good damage

8. drop kick: a cool move to see people get good elevation also a fun move to do

7. rock bottom: basic pick up and slam but it was used by the rock so yeah

6. diving axe handle: talk about hurt to the head. so cool

5. S.O.S.: a sweet looking front roll slam. amazing move to watch.

4. super kick: can be hit out of nowhere. young man walks into the milk section of a store, opens the door to get the milk. when he closes the door KICK! right in the face,

3. neckbreaker; alot of variations that can be used properly (running and reverse for example)

2. RKO: hit this move out of anywhere. also very fun to use

1. LOW BLOW: always a last resort to turn a match in your favor and funny. Cena bounces off the ropes to hit sheamus with a shoulder block, but KICK! sheamus delivers a boot to the crotch in mid air

10.) Top Rope Leg Drop

A fantastic looking move, someones legs crashing down over your neck and face. Ive never understood how the guy recieving it doesnt get a broken nose. I prefer Pscicosis' guillitine leg drop to the version done by Matt Hardy, but whoever does it, its a great move

9.) Moonsault

A graceful move, which must be so difficult to judge correctly, doing a backflip off the top rope to splash your opponent. How they always seem to hit it right is fantastic. My favourite version is Christopher Daniels BME, but shouts out to Kurt Angle, Lita, and RVD for his split legged version

8.) Cutter

Whether it is the RKO, Diamond Cutter or even Matt Hardys Twist of Fate, its a spectacular move which can be done out of nowhere. It will always be a great finishing move

7.) Brainbuster

I love how devastating this move looks, a vertical suplex style hold with the guy getting dropped on top of his head. Tajiri used to have a great version of this move, and Kid Kash with his "Dead Level". Always used this move on the Smackdown vs Raw games

6.) Vertebreaker

I don't need to explain to anyone how awesome this move it. So dangerous it is banned in the WWE, there is no way to protect your neck from this move. Shane Helms had the best version, but i love Homicide's "Cop Killah". It could easily end a career if botched

5.) Shooting Star Press

The first time I saw Kidman hit this, my jaw dropped. WHAT A MOVE! Jumping forward off the top rope, but rotating backwards in mid air...unbelievable. I have never seen anyone perform it as well as Kidman. but Evan Bourne, Teddy Hart and Paul London do it brilliantly as well. My favourite top rope move without a doubt. Teddy Hart has even added a shooting star elbow drop to his repetoire, and M-Dogg 20 has a shooting star leg drop! Just insane!

4.) Burning Hammer

I have only ever seen Kenta Kobashi use this move as his finisher, but having the guy up on your shoulders in a torture rack stlye position, then dropping him down on 1 side onto the back of his head and neck makes it look brutal. Another move that I could never see being used in the WWE, it could break a guys neck easily if anyone did it wrong. Kobashi is the master

3.) Powerbomb

My favourite "power" style move. I love the impact of this move, whether its a sit out version like the "Awesome Bomb", or "Batista Bomb", or whether its a crucifix powerbomb like Scott Halls "Razors Edge", the force that the victim hits the mat can be spectacular. There are so many variations to make this move something special, but I would say the Undertakers "Last Ride" or Kevin Nashs "Jackknife" are the top two

2.) DDT

It was very close between my top two, but the DDT JUST gets knocked back into 2nd place. Another move with so many unique variations- evenflow, double arm, impaler, and all of them fantastic. It is such a good move as it can be hit from almost any position quickly and can turn the match in the blink of an eye, and it looks so believable when done properly. Noone can hit a DDT quite like Raven, but honorable mention to Gangrel for his Impaler.

and my number 1? Hard to choose but I went with....

1.) Piledriver

A truly brutal looking move, smashing an opponent into the mat vertically on to the top of his head, this move can cause serious neck damage, as happened to Stone Cold when Owen Hart botched a piledriver. It is so dangerous that it is hardly used in the WWE any more, but watch any indie company and there are soooo many spectacular versions of this move. Kevin Steen in ROH uses the "Package Piledriver", where he wraps the guys legs up and jumps into the air, delivering the most vicious piledriver I have ever seen! I love Jay Briscoes underhook version, the "Jay Driller", which is similar to "The Money Maker" that Kid Kash used to use in ECW. Jerry Lynn has a great classic version of the piledriver with his "Cradle" variation, and obviously there is the Tombstone, made famous by Undertaker.

Just simply for how devastating this move looks, and can be if done incorrectly, and the sheer number of versions used in professional wrestling, my favourite move of all time is The Piledriver!

10 - Enzugiri: looks like it could knock someone out cold, and if hit perfectly, sounds deadly
9 - DDT: Always loved how Rock hit this move. Triple H also used to use a good one. Love Christians inverted version of one of the classic pro-wrestling moves.
8 - Big Boot: Test was the king of this move for me, but mentions should go to Sheamus and Matt Morgan for their variations on this move
7 -WAZZAP??? (Diving Headbut to Groin): Sorry, but I marked out everytime I saw this move, and I wasn't even a Dudleys fan.
6 - Spear: Not a fan of Batista's or Lashley's, Edge's is ok, but if Goldberg hit you with this, you weren't getting up. No chance.
5 - Killswitch/Unprettier: So many people dislike this move yet I think its awesome. It looks very different and devestating
4 - Yoshi Tonic/Sunset Flip pin: Rey uses it as a regular move, Red uses it (Code Red), Melina uses it (I know, bit of an anticlimax), cant remember who came up with it but I think its an amazing move
3 - Swanton Bomb: Bit of a boring move in essence, but if hit right it looks like it could wind you, at worse break a rib. Plus, amazing off a ladder (TLC II comes to mind)
2 - Ranhei/SOS: resembles a small package on speed. Looks brutal and very unique
1 - Ankle Lock: Shamrock brought it in, Angle owned it and still does. 9 times out of 10, if Kurt locks it on, you are going down. No question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back