Your perfect wrestler

Sabutage

Occasional Pre-Show
Scenario. its 10 years in the future. John Cena is retiring. Vincent Mcmahon has developed a super computer that can create a wrestler to replace him and has given the reigns to YOU.

If you had to build a wrestler from the ground up, what type of size, body type and athletic ability would you give him? For example you could only have one man, leading that charge, the focal point.

The kind of categories Ive considered are

• Super Heavyweight (Undertaker)
  • Heavyweight (John Cena)
  • Light Heavyweight (Eddie Guerrero)
  • Cruiserweight (Spike Dudley)
  • Other (Luchadore, Something in the middle, etc. Please describe)

Then you have body types

• Extremely muscular (Scott Steiner)
  • Muscular (Triple H)
  • Lean Muscle (Randy Orton)
  • Average (Daniel Bryan)
  • Lack of definition (Koslov, Samoa Joe etc.)
  • Overweight (Bray Wyatt, Brodus Clay)
  • Other (Something else, please describe)

I know the list isnt perfect which is why I didnt add a poll, so please describe your own category and where your ideal wrestler fits in. To clarify I do not mean character wise, I'm talking about physical attributes and technical ability.

If you want, you can be in depth and describe move set and finisher etc, or just stick to things like height, weight and body type. Of course you can just say, Id build another John Cena, but where's the fun in that?

Roman Reigns with more technical moves added to his arsenal. When I think of the perfect wrestler I think they should have big muscles, the presence of a bad ass, carries themselves as a badass, has a great finisher, has powerful moves, a large moveset with a combination of power and technical moves and can has good facial expressions. Reigns has everything except a few technical moves such as suplex variations, slams and submissions. For me promo skills are not required as someone like Reigns with the badass presence can simply staredown anyone who tries to insult him and then say he will kick there arse, that would be a far more enjoyable segment than a 15 minute promo. In my opinion its all about believability in pro wrestling and when I look at Reigns eliminate 4 guys at SS and 12 at Rumble I believe he can do that because he looks the a guy who can kick some ass however someone like Cena does not have any believability about him and I don't even believe he could win a fight with a training dummy.

Also if Cena actually does plan on staying at the top of WWE for another 10 years in 5 years time there will be no WWE. Every week more fans are turning on him and if he has another 5 years at the top I think almost everyone would have given up on WWE. Cena fans will learn to embrace the hate of Cena, its just a matter of time

I'd have Roman Reigns get some of Stone Cold's Badass Persona added to him as well as some of Cesaro's In-Ring ability and moves,some extra stamina and Brock Lesnar's intensity.

In the looks department, he would be perfect as the Major Face. He has got his signature moves which are good enough(Spear,Superman Punch,Dropkick from the Apron). Add that to the qualities of different superstars I put above, and that would be the PERFECT WRESTLER,lMO.

Oh, and make it 5 Years in the Future. 10 Years is a bit long, don't you think, since Roman Reigns is already here.

Cheers. :)

I have to agree with Roman's looks and abilities. He is the real deal and has that "It" factor. Problem is... we haven't really seen what he can do on the microphone Or carry a singles feud, but I am confident he will do well.

To me Brock Lesnar was as close to perfect I have ever seen. The guy was intimidating and was a machine in the ring. I still love watching him and angle go at it... just real good chemistry. The guy also had some good background to his story which helped him look even better. Too bad it was cut short and we were given cena. :disappointed:

But Brock was not great on the mic, but heyman was perfect for that role. I believe that a top guy needs to be big and larger than life, otherwise I can not believe the hype or person carrying the gold. Charisma plays a huge part in what I look for and I am hoping Roman is learning from Dean in that department. So Charisma and a Roman Figure with his current Arsenal, and throw in some Cesaro moves and I am a happy guy.

Razor Ramon era Scott Hall could have been the perfect wrestler. In terms of his wrestling arsenal, there were no weaknesses…great in the ring and on the mic, plus the "it" factor. His personal issues obviously got in the way, but taking that out of the equation, he had everything to be the perfect wrestler.

And if I recall correctly, Kevin Nash gave an interview where he mentioned that Hall was the perfect size, because he was big enough to be believable against the super heavies (unlike Shawn Michaels, who may have been a great performer, but required a ridiculous suspension of belief to believe he could actually take on the giants), but not so big that he seemed unbeatable against the smaller guys (unlike Nash, who may have lost to Rey Mysterio and Michaels, but come on, that just seemed ridiculous).

*sits on his couch playing online Call of Duty*

Me: Does it bother you that I'm better than you in every way imaginable?

14 year old: I'm only 14, geez.

Me: Oh, poor me. I'm only 14. Loser, I'm so much more uber than you I'll be having your Mom tonight. Jackass.

*Vince McMahon appears smiling on the tv*

Me: HOLY SHIT!!

Vince: I need you to do me a small favor.

*holding up a cross sign*

Me: BACK FOUL DEMON!!

Vince: I WASN'T ASKING YOU SON OF A BITCH!!

*Vince's apparition rips out of the tv grabbing me by the neck and pulls me deep into his abyss*

Me: Where am I? I CAN'T SEE!!

Vince: Your John Cena cap is covering your eyes.

*pulls his John Cena cap up and realizes he's in a lab with a giant monolithic supercomputer*

Me: You built that?

Vince: I was trying to make a fart machine that ran on fusion energy from actual pieces of the sun's core and locks of superman's hair and I got a little carried away.

Me: When does the hurting stop?

Vince: John Cena has retired I'm afraid.

Me: NOOOOO!!! FUCKING FUCKING FUCK!! FUCKING SMURFING FUCK!!

Vince: For legal reasons, I picked you at random to operate this weird life creating machine I accidentally built and in doing so create a worthy replacement for John Cena.

Me: What the hell does "legal" mean?

Vince: Have fun, see you in Hell!

And *scene*

I've found myself either suffering from a very unique conundrum, or being given a very pleasant opportunity. I am either expected to devise a replacement for a John Cena type of main event playa' in honor of Vince's wishes, or go rogue by creating someone who I could honestly put my faith into as a viable top merchandise marketer. I'll go with the latter.

Whew, well here goes. Time to play God.

My sentient life-form born of stem cells and divine clay would have a light-heavyweight scale rating and an average build. A potential performer who might best resemble that look and own the show with their skill-set in ten years would be Prince Devitt. If Prince Devitt is ever signed by the WWE, I see him as being their absolute perfect pro-wrestler.

Everyone seems quite concerned with the look but tbh its small fries compared to charisma/ presence / ability to connect with the audience on an emotional level. Bryan probably has one of the worst builds in history yet he's managed to surpass all the reigns/batistas/ rybacks around today.

None the less I like takers build the best. He looks huge and intimidating but , now I guess the attire helps, his lean build and lack of visible definition makes him look apart from the generic muscle heads and puts him in a good combination of size where he's big enough to fight smaller guys like punk yet he still looks fine fighting big show or lesnar. In fact taker is about as close to perfection as it got there really wasn't much he couldn't do. He put on 5 star matches, death stares to make opponents quake in fear, brawl, technical wrestle, submissions, story telling , and an insanely good character. So yea pretty much a new undertaker

Everyone seems quite concerned with the look but tbh its small fries compared to charisma/ presence / ability to connect with the audience on an emotional level. Bryan probably has one of the worst builds in history yet he's managed to surpass all the reigns/batistas/ rybacks around today.

None the less I like takers build the best. He looks huge and intimidating but , now I guess the attire helps, his lean build and lack of visible definition makes him look apart from the generic muscle heads and puts him in a good combination of size where he's big enough to fight smaller guys like punk yet he still looks fine fighting big show or lesnar. In fact taker is about as close to perfection as it got there really wasn't much he couldn't do. He put on 5 star matches, death stares to make opponents quake in fear, brawl, technical wrestle, submissions, story telling , and an insanely good character. So yea pretty much a new undertaker

Yeah, I realise the character and charisma is more important than the look, I just want to see peoples thoughts on looks alone because there can be such varying opinions.

My opinion has changed over time, honestly when I first started watching wrestling, my favourites were the superhuman looking dudes, Scott Steiner style. But over time, Ive grown to appreciate more athletic appearance which is more realistic. That being said, people like Batista in his original run still impress me and made me become a fan. So I still like wrestlers to look like they work out and put effort in the gym.

So my perfect wrestler would be someone around 6 foot 4, with a physique like Ziggler or John Morrison, defined and muscular but not too bulky. From a wrestling standpoint, I see Randy as the benchmark, powerful enough to take on big guys and do suplexes etc, but athletic enough to hit drop kicks with ease. Id also add in a bit of aerial ability, like suicide dive or being able to jump from the ring to the outside comfortably to perform a cross body but nothing too crazy.

Take Kurt Angle, mash him with Brock Lesnar, and give him the emotional stability of, say, Ricky Steamboat, who I've never heard a bad word spoken about, and you have close to my perfect wrestler.

I don't need someone with the Rock's promo abilities, I don't need an ECW psychopath or an attitude era badass, just someone who's good enough that they can hang with the best on the stick for a few minutes and not get blown away. A combination of size, ability, storytelling ability, ring psychology and work rate is what appeals to me.

Bryan at his best ("Bears!") or Cena at his best also works fine for me.

Roman reigns with a hybrid of the rock and stone cold charisma keep his power and intensity with a hybrid of kurt angle and Daniel bryan mat skills

Is this the Roman Reigns hard on thread? To me I think that wrestlers should be big and powerful. It makes it more of a spectacle when you see these big guys with bodies that the average fan can't achieve. I recently got to meet a bunch of TNA guys andI was disappointed to discover that I was larger than each of them. The Roman empire wasn't concerned about pitting weaklings against each other. They wanted to watch the mightiest gladiators in battle. That's what I like to see. OF course there could be some smaller guys on the card too, but the real showcase is the larger than life superhuman that can easily be identified as a wrestler. Something along the lines of Rock, Triple H, Lesnar.

However if I had a machine that could just create a wrestler, how bout one who is 7'6" and extremely muscular. Imagine a Brock Lesnar that you can just click on and proportionally expand to a 7'6" 400lb monster that is extremely quick and agile. There will never be another man out there like this and would make him a huge attraction like Andre the Giant.

Take Orton's look, combined with Cena's promo skills, and someone like Angle or Bret Hart's in-ring work ability and ethic.

And guess what...at the end of the day, everyone would end up getting tired of him too.

*sits on his couch playing online Call of Duty*

Me: Does it bother you that I'm better than you in every way imaginable?

14 year old: I'm only 14, geez.

Me: Oh, poor me. I'm only 14. Loser, I'm so much more uber than you I'll be having your Mom tonight. Jackass.

*Vince McMahon appears smiling on the tv*

Me: HOLY SHIT!!

Vince: I need you to do me a small favor.

*holding up a cross sign*

Me: BACK FOUL DEMON!!

Vince: I WASN'T ASKING YOU SON OF A BITCH!!

*Vince's apparition rips out of the tv grabbing me by the neck and pulls me deep into his abyss*

Me: Where am I? I CAN'T SEE!!

Vince: Your John Cena cap is covering your eyes.

*pulls his John Cena cap up and realizes he's in a lab with a giant monolithic supercomputer*

Me: You built that?

Vince: I was trying to make a fart machine that ran on fusion energy from actual pieces of the sun's core and locks of superman's hair and I got a little carried away.

Me: When does the hurting stop?

Vince: John Cena has retired I'm afraid.

Me: NOOOOO!!! FUCKING FUCKING FUCK!! FUCKING SMURFING FUCK!!

Vince: For legal reasons, I picked you at random to operate this weird life creating machine I accidentally built and in doing so create a worthy replacement for John Cena.

Me: What the hell does "legal" mean?

Vince: Have fun, see you in Hell!

And *scene*

I've found myself either suffering from a very unique conundrum, or being given a very pleasant opportunity. I am either expected to devise a replacement for a John Cena type of main event playa' in honor of Vince's wishes, or go rogue by creating someone who I could honestly put my faith into as a viable top merchandise marketer. I'll go with the latter.

Whew, well here goes. Time to play God.

My sentient life-form born of stem cells and divine clay would have a light-heavyweight scale rating and an average build. A potential performer who might best resemble that look and own the show with their skill-set in ten years would be Prince Devitt. If Prince Devitt is ever signed by the WWE, I see him as being their absolute perfect pro-wrestler.

That is an awesome reply.

To expand on this so it is not considered spam, I would like to add that I have not seen any of Prince Devitts work but I will research him more after reading your post. Also, could you recommend any of his matches to watch?

Man, the amount of combinations one can do to create "My perfect wrestler".

First off, I'd want a guy who ranges from the size of 6'0 - 6'5 in height. Therefore making the guy not too short and not too tall. The wrestler would weigh between 225-250 pounds. I've always thought some accessories make the wrestler's gimmick stand out, so my wrestler will have sunglasses.

I would make sure that my wrestler has a variety of moves that can entertain the fans in attendance, and the fans watching at home. When it comes to promos, I'd like my guy to be well spoken on the mic. He needs to have a clear message he wants to say when it's his turn to give some mic time for promos. He doesn't have to be corny, he doesn't need to tell jokes, and he doesn't need to use explicit language to reach the audience's attention. He needs to be serious at all times.

Lastly, this wrestler needs to have passion. Any wrestler can go out there and work a match and not care about the technicalities of how to work a match. No, my wrestler needs to perform so that the fans can get behind him in a match. That passion can stem from family lineage of having family relatives be former wrestlers. It can come from wrestling is what I do best. You see guys like Austin, Cena, Warrior, Flair etc. come out and show that passion that you get when you're surrounded by limitless amounts of people in the stands and watching at home.

So I can't decide who I would compare my "perfect wrestler" too.

But I think I just made Bret Hart. :shrug:

I feel like I'm playing Smackdown VS Raw's character creation mode here, but I'll play along.

I would create a wrestler who has the build and the basic in-ring move set of Shawn Michaels, his finishers would be the Stone Cold Stunner and the Shooting Star Press, the entrance lighting of Triple H, the promo skills of The Rock, the submission wrestling skills of Bret Hart, and the ring gear of The Undertaker. His entrance theme would be Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi. That about sums up everything. I won't bother coming up with a name as WWE changes so many names when someone joins these days.

That's my idea of the perfect wrestler, since it combines some of my all time favorites creating a top tier wrestler in every category. Obviously it would be impossible for this individual to exist, but it's all in good fun given the thread topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back