Your First PPV?

First one I watched was WCW Uncensored 1999 on VHS. I thought it was brilliant, I bought it after a review of the event in WCW Magazine. I thought the 3 way hardcore match was brilliant. I loved the hardcore matches in WCW.

First one I stayed up and watched was Summerslam 1999. Wasn't the best event but it does have a place in my heart.

Wrestlemania 7 was the first ppv I watched and since then I've been a steady fan. I didn't watch wrestling for a couple years before that event. Just because it was my first wrestlemania that I saw live as it happened(the first six I saw on tape way after they happened) it will always be in my top 10. Even though a lot of people hate the show.

The first ppv I ever watched live was, I think, Survivor Series 2002. It sounds about right. I might have seen one or two before that but this is the one that stands out as I know I saw it live. It had the first elimination chamber where Shawn Michaels got the belt from HHH. Good times. I remember HHH got the belt back from HBK on the next ppv I believe and that led to him holding the belt for like a year. That was such a great run and he had so much heat especially when he carried it through Wrestlemania XIX against Booker T which is honestly when Booker should have won. But I'm rambling.

Pretty sure it was Survivor Series 2002.

Wrestlemania 13. I literally just went over how it came about in a previous thread, but the brief on how I watched it was, I watched Bret vs. Austin and then I kept annoying my brother to play it from the start so he did. Overall now I know it wasn't the greatest pay-per-view of all-time, but back then I thought it was the shit.

The first pay-per-view I remember watching was Survivor Series 1987. However, I was three at the time so I don't remember if I watched it live or on tape. But I DO remember ordering WrestleMania V a year and a half later. By this point, I was a huge Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage fan and when the Mega Powers exploded, it was heartbreaking at the time. Of course, I sided with Hogan and despised Randy Savage for turning on Hogan, so I was happy when Hogan beat Savage for the title.

I also thought the opening montage was pretty cool. LoL

ECW Anarchy Rulz Sunday Night, September the 19th 1999.

I grew up watching wrestling, but we never had the kind of cable or sattelite where you can order PPV's. I worked my ass off all summer in 1999 in my first job ever helping my dad build houses in the Texas heat. I slaved all Summer, and used my very first paycheck ever to get Dish Network installed in our trailor. ECW PPV's were only 20$, otherwise, I would never have gotten to watch them.

I remember being a bit let down by the show to be honest. I had read about the ECW for years, and my mom even ordered me a few tapes of Hardcore TV from RF Video(magazine ad) from 97-98, and I expected more than what I got. On top of that they pretty much re aired the thing for free on TNN over the following two weeks.

Edit: I did forget my first one. My grandpas house summer of 96. WWF In Your House: Beware of Dog reair. It was the one where they lost power in the arena, and they had to do the whole show all over again for the PPV audience. We didn't order the one that got cut short, but for some reason we got to watch the second show for free. I remember tuning into the channel because you could always watch the first 5 minutes for free even if you didn't order it.

I got pretty excited when the show just kept going after the 5 minutes expired. It was too good to be true for me back then. This was the one with HBK vs British Bulldog, and Austin vs Savio Vega in a strap match.

Wrestlemania III. It took until the 3rd one to convince my parents to order it, lol. We had cable in time for the first one, AND my mom watched wrestling just like we did, but it was difficult convincing them to pay whatever the PPV prices were back then...but she wanted to watch Hogan/Andre just as much me and my brothers did, so in the end, we got it.

What was the very first PPV you ever watched?

Mine was Wrestlemania 3, we had one of those old school huge satellite dishes and a descrambler chip in the receiver so we actually got it for free. I don't think I paid for a PPV until like 1991 when we moved where it was no longer an option to have the satellite any longer, which sucked.

Well, I had seen a couple of ones through the years and followed wrestling a little bit.

In mid-1998 I started casually following WCW pretty closely with Hogan and Goldberg running around.

In May of 1999, I borrowed a video tape of WrestleMania 15 to really get a hang of the WWE (I had followed the Mankind vs. Rock rivalry pretty good) and watched it a couple of times. This was when I went from a very casual wrestling fan to a watching EVERY week guy.

Of course ... I was already behind and had missed Backlash. So the first PPV I ever BOUGHT was ...

Over the Edge (1999). Of course everyone knows how horrible this event was with the death of Owen Hart. Somehow, it didn't turn me off. The clear love and admiration he had of so many people really hooked me even more into the daily grind of the business.

My first wrestling PPV was Wrestlemaina 4. I didn't see it live my cousins taped it for me and I watched it at least 100 time's over and over I was young like 7 years old. But the first PPV I ever ordered was summerslam 1992 and I'll tell you I have never stoped since. I would order em I had illegal cable boxes I would go to Buffalo wild wings, Now im stealing them from the net. I watch em all. Summerslam 92 started the addiction.

Royal Rumble 1992

I had been aware of wrestling long before that and was a sporadic viewer, but that was my first PPV - caught it quite by accident when I was visiting a friend - and it was the one that reeled me in and made me a full-time fan that wouldn't miss a show.

Damn, I hated Ric Flair's guts after that night. It was awesome.

My first was Halloween Havoc 1997, and till this day I still watch the Eddie vs Mysterio match and think of it as the best ever. It was for Mysterio's mask and those two just tore the house down. DDP VS Randy Savage was the first no dq match I have ever seen, and seeing them break those grave stones over eachother heads were amazing. Halloween Havoc 97 the best and least talked about of WCW PPV

My First PPV was Royal Rumble 1990. Hulk Hogan won, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Bad News Brown eliminated each other which lead to a brawl on the arena floor. The crowd popped big when The Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan faced each other, they ran away from each other, building up speed by bouncing off the ropes before smashing in to each other and finding they were both immovable. Demolition drew numbers 1 and 2 and did actually fight each other. I remember wishing The Ultimate Warrior didn't scream, and should speak like Bret Hart. What's the aboot, eh?

WrestleMania VII. I was 10 at the time, we didn't have satellite TV in out house so a family friend or an Auntie recorded it for me. I can't really recall most of the card, but these are the matches I do remember:

I remember the Nasty Boys/Hart Foundation match with the Nasty Boys nailing Jim Neidhart with manager Jimmy Hart's motorcycle helmet to win the titles.

I remember the Jake Roberts/Rick Martel blindfold match too. I remember the story line build up of The Model spraying his "Arrogance" cologne into Roberts' eyes on The Brother Love Show. It was the first time I'd ever seen such a gimmick match and even though there was no wrestling involved, I thought they executed it brilliantly.

I remember The Undertaker beating Jimmy Snuka. I remember wanting Snuka to win, but being awestruck by Undertaker's size and mobility and more so by the peculiar urn carrying man accompanying The Phenom to the ring.

I remember Ultimate Warrior retiring Randy Savage. As a young impressionable fan at the time, I thought Warrior was awesome. Seeing him kick out after several elbow drops, come back and retire Savage was absolute quality. Then the aftermath involving Sensational Sherri and Miss Elizabeth led to an instant face turn for the Macho Man and of course 'The Match Made in Heaven' at SummerSlam 1991.

Hulk Hogan, the ultimate good guy, the all American hero, beating Sgt Slaughter, playing the turncoat, the Iraqi sympathiser, with a Saddam Hussein lookalike (General Adnan) in his corner, for the then WWF Championship. Playing on the recent history of the two countries represented, if ever there was a portrayal of Good vs Evil, then this was it.

Now, it wasn't the best WrestleMania. Not by a long shot. But it was by no means one of the worst either. Plus I got to see the start of two big things; the end of the Hart Foundation and subsequent singles career of Bret Hart, and the start of The Undertaker's 19-0 WrestleMania win streak.

First PPV that I've ever watched on PPV and not on YouTube would be Royal Rumble 2012. Yeah, pretty recent but a) rarely do I cough up $44.99 on PPV and b) I'm a "newbie" when it comes to wrestling as I started watching back in November 2010.

I was a late-bloomer. First PPV I ever watched was WCW Souled Out. Without looking it up, I believe it was 1997, making that the first ever Souled Out PPV for WCW.

I was over at a friends house, and he ordered it with me protesting - I came from a very conservative, non-violent household and my parents really didn't like it. Let me tell you, as somebody who had never seen pro wrestling up until that point, it was one hell of a confusing PPV to try and understand. It was right around the time of the WCW vs nWo feud, and if I remember correctly all the matches pitted those teams against one-another. For most of the night, feeling mostly bored and slightly morally convicted, I played Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy. The only match I remember seeing in its entirety, and only because the gimmick intrigued me so much, was the ladder match between Syxx and Eddie Guerrero. To this day that's one of the reasons Eddie is up there in my all-time favorite pro wrestlers. I got tired and tuned out again during the Hogan/Giant match - I still can't stand Hogan.

It was a summerslam. We didn't have cable tv back then; one of my friends used to buy wrestling CDs, and i borrowed thìs one from him. Sadly it only had the later half of the show. The matches I remember correctly and clearly till thìs day. they were Jeff vs RVD for the IC title, DDP and Kanyon vs Brothers of destructvion doing a cage match for the tag team titles, And Rock vs Booker-t for the heavyweight title. Thìs is the best wrestling event I've ever watched.

Royal Rumble 97. My cousin got it and I came over and we watched it. It was awesome to see Steve Austin win even though it was obvious he was going to.

The second show i watched was a Royal Rumble. Thìs one too, i borrowned from that friend. Brock Lesnar eliminated Undertaker to win the 30-men main event. I remember only one more match from the card, tiat was two women fighting over an old man, who if i remember correctly was dead. The heel woman was very hot and gave me one of the first boners of my life, lol, but let's not get into that.. I hated the part where Brock won, because he was the bad guy, but ah anyway.. an enjoyable show nonetheless :)

SummerSlam 2001. I can recall becoming involved with wrestling in the weeks leading to the event and my friend had taped it (no PPV for the UK in them days, merely satellite/cable) and so we watched it together. I remember being excited to see Rock/Booker T as well as Jeff Hardy/RVD, but was really hyped for Taker & Kane vs. DDP & Kanyon. Why? I have no idea, but then again, who better than Kanyon? But the match that truly stole the show was Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle. I loved the combination of passion and sheer class showcased between the two of them and that was the match that got me hooked. It was brutal and yet brilliant in execution. I hated Austin and loved Angle and to this day it remains one of my favourite matches.

It was probably Wrestlemania V.....which makes me feel damn old! but I've still got more hair on head than inside my nose so it's all good :D

I remember watching Royal Rumble 1991 nearly a year after it was broadcast. I watched The Rockers vs The Orient Express and was convinced it was real (I was 9). I only saw this match though as I was at a friends - he was getting ready for Royal Rumble 1992. I remember telling my Dad how much I enjoyed it so he recorded me Wrestlemania 8 which was the next PPV.

My next match ironically also had HBK in, opening against El Matador. It took me a while to recognise him as the blonde one from The Rockers!!! This was a great match, but my favourite of the PPV was Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper. I had no time in comparison for Hogan vs Justice and Savage vs Flair. I knew from my first ever PPV and within my first 5 matches that Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels would be the stars of the business.

Wrestlemania 8 was my first proper PPV and still to this day is one of my favourite Wrestlemanias of all time. Infact, 1992 was a great year for WWE. Summerslam 1992 also ranks up there as one of the greatest Summerslams of all time and who can forget the Rumble which Flair won!

The first pay per view I watched was Summer Slam 2000. Ill still watch it every now and then its a great pay per view. IMO its the best Summer Slam of all-time.

Right To Censor Vs. Too Cool
X-Pac Vs. Road Dogg
Jerry Lawler Vs. Tazz
Steve Blackman Vs, Shane McMahon (Shane did a crazy spot in this match falling about 40 Ft. from the tron.)
Eddie Guerrero & Chyna Vs. Val Venis & Trish Stratus
TLC I The Hardys Vs. The Dudleyz Vs. E&C
Bikini Stink Face Match Terri Vs. The Kat
Undertaker Vs. Kane
Kurt Angle Vs. HHH Vs. The Rock for the WWF Championship

This pay per view is a classic. And I'm Lucky to say it was my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back