Your favourite wrestling style?

AK2V8

Pre-Show Stalwart
There are many styles of wrestling and I want to know what everyone else thinks. Here I will explain alot of various styles and you will choose which one is your favourite. Hell, even add another one if you missed one out. Here is my list:

High-Flyer Wrestling
(eg Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston)

High-flyer wrestlers tend to pull off all of the high risk and acrobatic moves with all the flips, dives, hurricanas and stuff like that. Matches with high-flyers tend to be more fast-paced and in a way less predictable.

Examples of high flyer wrestling:

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. John Morrison,
Intercontinental Championship
Smackdown

Christian (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin,
Ladder Match for the ECW Championship
TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Eddie Gurrerro vs. Rey Mysterio,
Ladder Match for custody of Dommick
Summerslam

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Chris Benoit,
Ladder Match for the
Intercontinental Championship
Royal Rumble

Power Wrestling
(eg Batista, Kane, Bobby Lashley, Ezekiel Jackson, Umaga)

Power wrestlers tend to display from strong hardhitting moves and are portrayed as unstoppable. The use more aggression and intensity in the ring
and are usually the people winning squash matches.

Examples of power wrestling:

Kane vs. Umaga,
Unforgiven

Big Show vs. The Great Khali,
Backlash

Triple H (c) vs. Batista,
World Heavyweight Championship
Wrestlemania 21

Technical Wrestling
(eg Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Bret Hart)

Techinal wrestling tendsto have more of a amateur wrestling feel, with more submission based moves and colligate wrestling pins. Technical based matches are more competitive than power matches and usually go on longer.

Examples of technical wrestling:

Kurt Angle (c) vs. Chris Benoit,
WWE Championship
Royal Rumble

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz,
Triple Threat Submissions Count Anywhere Match for the
United States Championship
Hell in a Cell

Dirty Wrestling
(eg The Miz, JBL, Edge, Triple H (back in the day), Chris Jericho)

Dirty wrestlers are the heat drawers of the WWE. They win by screwjob, or a fowl heelish tatic in order to win. Dirty wrestling matches tend to have a more kayfabe feel and are more controversial.

Examples of diry wrestling:

JBL (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kurt Angle,
Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Royal Rumble

Clean Wrestling
(eg The Rock, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston)

Clean wrestlers are the good guys of wrestling, and usually work well with the crowd. Most of these wrestlers have a theatric move (eg The Rock with People's Elblow, John Cena with 5 Knuckle Shuffle, MVP with the Playmaker, Kofi Kingston with the Boom Drop, Shawn Michaels with the Sweet Chin Music).
These type of matches usually have the crowd more wild.

Examples of Clean Wrestling:

The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan,
Wrestlemania X8

Batista vs. John Cena,
Summerslam

Now all you have too do is choose and tell me your opinion.

I just want someone who can spell when posting things. "Favourite" lol! And you had three chances of it.

Just so I don't get in trouble...let me answer the misspelled question.

I prefer a technical wrestling style. Hart, Benoit, Henning, etc.

But my preferred wrestler has to have the whole package. Wrestling, mic work, charisma, finisher, etc. Like Michaels, Jericho, Undertaker, Austin, Rock, etc.

Spell check is a pretty cool thing. Check it out.

Actually "favourite" is the correct spelling in England/Australia/Canada so don't criticize the OP for the spelling.

Now to answer the question, I prefer a combination of a technical match with some high flying aspects, but not enough to where the wrestlers are so-called "spot monkeys" (aka the Hardyz). Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle is a perfect example where they are both very technically sound, but both can climb to the top rope when necessary.

Although there is something to be said for the clean matches such as The Rock vs. Hogan match at WM 18 that can tell a story and keep the crowd involved for the entire match.

I just want someone who can spell when posting things. "Favourite" lol! And you had three chances of it.
Spell check is a pretty cool thing. Check it out.

God, how I hate sanctimonious asses that nitpick one misspelled word in a post of thousands. If the entire post was misspelled, I could see saying something.

By the way, how about you do a little quick research? That form of the word is in the dictionary. So, technically, he didn't misspell it, just used an alternate version. If he would have spelled it "favooreate" then that would be misspelling.

Anyway, now I have to post in the thread. Thanks, buddy.

I prefer the technical style I would have to say. I've been a fan of Hart, Hennig, Angle, etc. for a very long time. This seems to be the style that ends up on my favourites (intentional) list the most.

That being said, though, I think people enjoy a nice blend of different styles. If you didn't have that, I think people would lose interest.

But if I had to pick, it would definitely have to be technical. I think that type of wrestling, if any one style had to survive on its own, would be the one to do it the most successfully.

I would have to agree about enjoying a blend of styles. I would lean toward the more technical style of Benoit and Daniel Bryan but I also enjoyed the power style of Batista and Vader when he was in his prime. My favourite (yes this is how we spell it in GB/Ireland) wrestler of all time in Shawn Michaels and I would say he incorporates a number of styles. He is a blend of high flyer, technical and clean wrestling and was always great to watch.

If I had to choose I would say Clean wrestling, It gets the crowd hyped up every time an over superstar hits one of his signiture moves, It might be a weak looking move but it does what it needed and the crowd makes the match.

But personally, it might not be a style but I love it when a wrestler can actually sell the moves. even if they do go a little bit over board, (HBK Morrison ect) It don't matter what kind of style you wrestle if the person you're wrestling can't sell it good enough. It's the effect the moves does to the person that makes the match interesting, not the actual style itself.

I would probably have to say a blend of technical and power. I like the guys that really know how to wrestle. Holds, counter-holds, counter-counter-holds, I love watching those great reversal combinations that wrestlers like Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Ricky Steamboat, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and others pull off. But, at the same time, I also don't mind a little power. Not Batista kind of power, but more like a British Bulldog kind of power, where not only was he really strong, but he could put on a good technical match as well. Bigger, stronger wrestlers that actually know how to grapple, instead of just punch/kick/bodyslam/pin. (The exception to this rule is Hogan, where his sheer charisma makes up for his lack of wrestling skill, although, when you watch some of his older matches, he really did know how to wrestle once upon a time, and gets a lot of undeserved crap for his "5" moves.)

well my favorite wrestler is chirs benoit. so my favorite is Technical Wrestling
i mean if i had 5 hours to kill i could watch all 5 hours of benoit and his best technical wrestling matches without getting bored for one minute. but i also do like high flying, and clean wins. i only style i hate is dirty wins. i can't stand it, run ins dq's cheating just get boring and stupid after awhile. if i were writing i would have a run in maybe once a year and thats pushing it just for me

I like hardcore gimmick matches, I find it is a unique way for some superstars to show their talent.

I do not know if that counts as dirty wrestling

Gotta go with Technical Wrestling.
I was a huge fan of Hogan when I was really little, but quickly discovered work rate. The IC title scene back in the day was where it was all at. I couldn't care less for a Hogan promo when i could be watching Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect, Tino Santana, etc.

Just saying but wouldn't the wrestling styles be High-Flying,Brawling, Technical, and Powerhouse. In my opinion I don't count clean and dirty as wrestling styles since they are only face or heel afilliated and are more along the lines of gimmick than wrestling.

I think I usually go for more of the highflyers, only because my favorite wrestler is probably Jeff Hardy, but I really can't say I even enjoy watching too many more sure as Rey Mysterio...only because it seems he can't do anything besides fly.
I'm sure if Jeff HArdy was in any other category I would just pick that instead so i'll have to officially go with technical, although I think i'm more pulled toward certain wrestlers rather than thier styles until they pull off something that makes me just go :wtf::worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back