Your drink of choice

Lol you people and your alcohol with chasers. Country Gentlemen's Gin straight, NO CHASER. That's my anytime drink - During winter I have Paul Masson VSOP. Which reminds me, I still have Crown Royal XR left.

Beer - Steele Reserve when I'm relaxing on weekend not going anywhere and the Mrs. is working. Natural Light or Bush Light if I'm drinking an 18 pack.

Ah! Down here in Australia, the legal age is 18!
I don't think i could have handled waiting til I was 21.

Cider is my preferred drink, with a few different brands to choose from.
Castaway is a great cider, made in Western Australia, its quite cheap aswell!
But my brand of cider is Tooheys Extra Dry, it has 3 different types of cider, Dry, Pear and Cloudy Apple. The latter is amazing, it has the original cider taste but also a little more sour too.

Jagerbombs, Skittlebombs (Red Bull & Contreau, actually tastes like skittles!) and good old Tequila shots are what get me off the edge :D

Also has anyone here had Bacardi 151? Its the most extreme alcohol i have ever had, i had three shots and six ciders, and i was completely fucked, i dont remember the rest of the night. its about 60-70%

I have been trying various beers over the last few weeks. Actually the last 6 pack I bought was Samuel Adams Boston Lager. Didn't care for it at all really, it had a sour/bitter aftertaste.
I've become more a fan of dark heavy beers lately. Maybe because it's winter and who doesn't want a dark glass of beer?

This is what I want to try, it makes my mouth water just looking at it.
jester-king-black-metal-imperial-stout.jpg

Generally I'm a down the line Bud man, but I enjoy most American lagers likes Coors Lite, MGD or my favorite back in the day - Labatt's Ice (yes, I know it was Canadian - don't be pedantic;)).

If I take a notion for a change the options are usually Bacardi & Diet Coke (I hate Diet Coke on it's own but prefer it to ordinary as a mixer for some reason:shrug:), Smirnoff Vodka & either fizzy orange or Red Bull or Hennessy Brandy with Ginger Ale.

Shots: not overly fussy but fond of Jägerbombs and Slippery Nipples/ Deepthroats (Sambuca shot with a Baileys head).

Again, I don't drink much anymore, but I've already consumed enough for two lifetimes.

Mixed Drink: Captain and Coke. Started drinking that with my Big Bro in my fraternity, we'd always polish off almost an entire half gallon before the party even started.

Beer: Yuengling. Also don't mind Miller Lite

Shots: Southern Comfort. I won't even touch anything else as a shooter these days.

I dont drink much any more, only a quick social one or at special times.
But when i do drink,

Budweiser :beer:
I just love it, cant remember how i got to liking it now lol.

Raspberry Sambuca.
Nothing beats a flaming Sambuca.

And if im at a party and there is cider and larger, i would have a snake bite.
Its quarter of a can of larger, half a can of cider topped up with blackcurrant. But that use to get me in the mood to kinda start trouble lol :fuckoff::2up::bringit::eek:

Most of the time though it will be just a couple of Budweiser's to chill and kick back with.

I'm a pretentious douchebag,so my go-to drink is an Old Fashioned,haha. I only turned legal in the last couple of years and was influenced by the TV show Mad Men. Nonetheless,it's a very good drink when done right,so if it's on the menu,or if the bartender looks like he knows what he's doing,I'll order an Old Fashioned.

Aside from the cocktail,I'm more of a whiskey kind of guy. Scotch,bourbon,etc. Jack Daniels and Johnnie Walker are my default drinks because they're almost always in a bar.

As for beer,I prefer stout. Guinness is a personal favourite. I can taste the sweetness in stout where others just find it bitter. I had a friend who would get wasted after a big can of a local stout called Baron's. We drank a can each,she got wasted and acted like a buffoon,and my friends and I got a few laughs out of it,so I associate stout with fun times.

I guess there's not much of a back story to my favourite drinks. I just went out,started drinking,found what I liked and stuck to it. Maybe it's a psychological thing,because those drinks are typically perceived to be "manlier",and it might have been true at the beginning,but now I just love the taste.

My favourite drink? My, my.

back when I was about 14 and hadn't really developed a strong liking for alcohol my drink was Martini and Sprite and sometimes Malibu and Coke. God, I was pretentious.

Anyway, along came the 15s and 16s and, I found myself drink Captain Morgan's and Pepsi. Or, you know, any other Rum and Cola variant. I also developed a huge liking for beer, especially with there being a German brewery/bar like 2 doors away from my house. Also, my older sister used to drink beer to, so we'd always share one when she came back from university to see me. It sort of became like a comfort drink.

So, now, what do I drink? Well, anything, really. I don't have a special drink I'll order. Usually, I'll ask for what one of my friends is having. I still enjoy the occasional beer and I still like my Pepsi and Captain Morgans but, I have noticed as of late, that I'm developing a taste for whiskey. Plus, I'm Scottish, it's considered being a traitor if you don't drink whiskey.

P.S: Someone of you may be like wondering why I started drinking at 14. Well, it's normal. I'm not using that as a defence or anything but, the fact that the legal age is 18 and alcohol isn't looked on as negatively as maybe in America make it some nothing out of the ordinary. Plus, I'd only drink around my parents until I was about 16, anyway, so, I'm not some reformed youth hooligan. Just so you know.

It's so interesting how people go through phases when it comes to drinking.

In College all we drank was Milwaukee's Best (The "Beast") because it was so cheap. We'd occassionally drink 40s of other beers and at parties, it was whatever was in the keg.

The liquor of choice then was Bacardi Limon. We seriously drank that stuff like it was going out of style. Every drink we made, had at least some Limon in it. We also drank a lot of Jager and some gin.

Then after college beer became the drink of choice and I absolutely hated Bacardi Limon.

Now, I pretty much only drink vodka(in terms of liquor). Ketel One and Tonic or Tito's and Tonic. If I even smell Bacardi Limon, I want to puke.

I'm all over the board with beers. I'll drink everything from Miller Lite to Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA.

This is an over-21 thread, just in case it wasn't clear. ;)

Or 19 for the folks in Canada.

What's your favorite beverage of choice?

Strongbow & Stella

Why?

Three reasons:
  • It's sweet, not bitter, so it goes down easier.
  • Because it goes down easier, it's easier to get buzzed on than regular beer.
  • It's somewhat unique.

Whenever I go to the US they never know what I'm talking when I ask for Strongbow or Stella Artois, so I wind up getting Guinness, my third favourite and always available.

I think I'm in a minority here because I don't drink. At all. (for the last year and a bit I've been straight edge)

I used to a few years ago, but it would literally be if I was out and I got talked into it (if I had one drink a month that'd be about average). But even then, the most I would have would be either Disaronno and Coke or Malibu and Coke, or a Vodka Kick/replacement alco-pop. They're the only drinks I'll touch, and I'll only have them in moderation. Reason? I HATE the taste of alcohol. If I can taste alcohol in it, I can't drink it. My friends used to try and get me to drink all the time, but the taste literally makes me feel ill. But hey, means that I can remember what my friends can't on a night out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back