You have to admit after ECW's debut......

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didnt know, Paul E. and Tommy dreamer have almost complete control of the new ECW brand.

Vince has sorta "given them the keys" to ECW

And why not move it to Spike, or TNT, or even USA. Someone with a history of pro wrestling programming

hothead25 said:
Zombie can cut one hell of a promo
Yeah, the sad thing is...the zombie promo was better than alot of the promos I have heard. lol

dead_kennedy00 said:
And why not move it to Spike, or TNT, or even USA. Someone with a history of pro wrestling programming

Spike TV - two reasons, TNA is one. Raw posted low numbers compared to USA, WWE blamed Spikes outlet, not the programming itself

TNT - Ted Turner Network Television do I need to say more? Turner didn't want his own brand on it anymore let alone bring in a WWE program

USA - NBC network was afraid of this type of show premiering on there highest rated cable station, Sci-fi is USA's sister station(Owned by NBC) and one of the lowest rated networks, If ECW was able to suceed on SCI-FI, rumors speculate it will move over to USA then

"TNT - Ted Turner Network Television do I need to say more? Turner didn't want his own brand on it anymore let alone bring in a WWE program"

That's because in the end,Ted Turner didn't have a say in what stay on the Turner Networks. Ted doesn't own the Turner networks anymore,Time Warner does. If it were up to him,there would still be wrestling on the Turner Networks,basically because wrestling is the show that built the Superstation.

dead_kennedy00 said:
If you didnt know, Paul E. and Tommy dreamer have almost complete control of the new ECW brand.

No he hasn't,if he did,he wouldn't have put the kibosh on most of the stuff Paul wrote.

dead_kennedy00 said:

Not according to recent reports, the ECW debut on Sci Fi was written by Paul E. but him and Vinec got into a fight after McMahon and Kevin Dunn wanted to re-write parts of the script.

Guess who won?

"Not according to recent reports, the ECW debut on Sci Fi was written by Paul E. but him and Vinec got into a fight after McMahon and Kevin Dunn wanted to re-write parts of the script."

Sad thing is,people should have seen this coming. People should have known Paul wasn't gonna have full control. If he did,there wouldn't have been any guys from the WWE on the show.

The first show wasnt meant to be a classic ecw show. All they were trying to do was start a rivalry with monday night raw, once that is firmly established we will start seeing the creation of new championships, debuting of new talent, new rivalries, and the like.

There were a lot of loose ends to tie up from One Night Stand in the first episode, plus they needed to give the new guys they moved over from Smackdown some face time, as well as trying to introduce a few new characters. When you consider that, alot of the hour is already eaten up. But I'm hoping with that out of the way they can start to get down to some serious matches, although I know they still have to build up new characters and even existing ones as they're trying to reach out to new fans as well as previous ECW loyalists.

That I understand. Characters do need to be established, as do feuds. What I didn't like was how former ECW Champ Justin Credible had to job to Kurt Angle in two minutes with nary a single offensive move. I also didn't like Big Show dominating the offense and eliminating everyone in the battle royal (except Sabu of course). Once again, it's McMahon calling the shots and favoring the big guy like he always does. Take that away and put one good solid match in its place that was exemplary of the ECW style (it's more than just chairs, tables and kendo sticks, folks - this means you, Vinnie Mac) and no one would have complained. We could have overlooked the other stuff, even the overuse of WWE Superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back