Yes Or No: Taeler Hendrix

Taeler Hendrix: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

• Thumbs Down

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on IW, TNA had another Gut Check Challenge as part of Open Fight Night. This time, we were introduced to the first Knockout contestant, Taeler Hendrix. As with Silva & Ryan, they showed a video/promo segment of Hendrix in which she talks a bit about herself while they show footage of her in action.

Personally, I wasn't at all impressed with Hendrix. I thought she came across as very bland and generally average while she was talking and while she was wrestling against Tara last night. The only thing that stood out about her is the fact that she's a cancer survivor, which automatically makes her come off as very sympathetic.

I'm not belittling that she's a cancer survivor, I've had cancer claim the life of one of my aunts and my eldest aunt has recently beaten breast cancer for the third time. However, that doesn't mean that she's a particularly interesting pro wrestler. The fact that she comes off as a sweet, sympathetic person makes me feel that Pritchard, Taz & Snow will all give her a thumbs up next week for the follow up. In fact, I look for her to be the first unanimous yes vote. I'm expecting them to praise her for her heart & her courage and all that kind of stuff. But personally, I just didn't see anything at all remotely special about her.

So what do you think? Yes or no on Taeler Hendrix.

I'm gonna say yay right now, although like you it's nice to know that she battled cancer and beat it however I don't think they need to play off that too much to get a sympahetic vote so hope she can cut some better promo's.

She showed some pretty decent talent in the ring, selling Tara's moves and even had a few nice ones of her own. At one point she even had the crowd behind her and one could argue it was sympathetic b/c of her first promo but it happened right after her and Tara executed a nice move so I think she can definitely work.

I like her look, it's not too generic and it's not too over the top like Joey Ryans. Knockouts need some fresh faces and I think she could be a nice addition.

Absolutely not. She's one of the worst workers and sellers I've seen trudge through that division in a long, long time. Still way too wet behind the ears. She needs quite a bit more work in OVW before she gets this opportunity again, even if she cuts the promo of a lifetime (something I'm also doubting she's capable of).

She makes Velvet Sky look like Bret Hart.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
She hs a lot of talent tara had a squash match and she did well with selling.
dont hold it against her cause of bad writing.
im not sure why tara went over i feel tara is turning heel soon and this is a tease.

My take on it is that she was mediocre. I know by the clips of her previous work that she has been around the indy scene for a while. Cancer survivor notwithstanding, she just doesn't draw interest from me. I was kinda zoning in and out of her match with Tara; just a squash that ended quickly enough. She looks young enough to get better with more time practicing in OVW. But she really shouldn't get a nod here, especially after Joey Ryan was turned down.

Absolutely not. She's not hot and she sucks in the ring. TNA likes hot Knockouts who can wrestle. 0 for 2 and I hate how she spells her name.

Bye bye.

She needs a little more polish (I think the size of the TNA ring may have hindered her), but she has promise. She's not bland at all, and won't be the worst women's wrestler that TNA has had under contract (Raga Kahn, or who ever her name was, just got worse each match)

I did notice a couple of botches on Tara's part (the biggest was when she was supposed to take the kick from Taeler) and there seemed to be a few commincation breakdowns, but she has promise.

By the way, TNA has Xima Ion under contract...and he is just awefull.

Silva and Ryan were both very polarizing for me, with nay and yay votes respectively.

However, I honestly and truly don't know how I feel about Taeler Hendrix yet. I could go either way.

On one hand, I don't think she was any worse than quite a few of the knockouts that are currently in the division or have come through in the past (between 1/2010 and now). It was "opening night" for her, so of course there's going to be some jitters and slightly off spots. Overall, I think she could probably hold her own in the KO division... perhaps only at it's lower tier.

On the other hand, I don't think she was any better than many of those same past/present KO "stars" either. Gut check ultimately is about highlighting and showcasing new talent, and giving them a chance to shine and if successful, become part of the TNA roster. Hendrix did enough to show that she "fit in", but did she show enough to hint that she will become a bona fide star (thinking Mickey/Tara level)? I have serious doubts.

If she's brought on, I'll understand why. If she's not, I'll also understand. For me, I could take her or leave her.

i would say thumbs up all the way sure she didnt get a chance to show what she can do last night but i have seen some of her work in OVW and shes got talent i like her and i think it might be intersting to see her as a heel in the knockouts divison if it was up to me my vote would be yes for the fact ive seen what she can do in OVW.....but i think this one will come down to how her promo goes if she can cut a good promo the ring work can come along.

I vote no. Has a good look, but that's about it. I was not impressed with her ring work. Botched the first takedown from Tara, left her feet early and it looked awkward. No flashy moves that impressed. Totally average. Nothing that makes me say, "I want to see more of her." Other than the obvious.

In her defense, the match was short and they weren't given time to show much. Maybe if it was longer she could have shown a more unique style and repertoire, but like I said, nothing stood out as a draw.

I voted no on the website poll. She didn't do anything to impress me, her in-ring work was okay but nothing spectacular and she sure as hell doesn't add anything to the Knockout's Division which already sees some talents not used for weeks on end despite them being better than some who do regularly appear(why Madison Rayne gets more television time than Tara is beyond me.) She just seemed a bit green overall. Nothing charismatic about her, nothing colorful, nothing that truly stood out.

Then I realized she is already in Ohio so whether she gets called up now or not is pretty irrelevant, I can imagine her getting some more work in and then appearing in the Knockout's Division. But for now, not impressive, nothing on the last Gut Check candidate, and if they sign her and didn't sign him, then something will smell fishy, and it won't be because I ate salmon for dinner.

Wasn't overly impressed myself. Nothing about her really stood out in the ring and i didnt like her selling ability. She did nothing that made me think "yeah i look forward to seeing her develop and put on great matches in the future". I dont think she did Tara too many favours when she went for the Widows Peak either. Looked very awkward.

Thumbs down.

She has great talent in the ring, but this whole "I defeated cancer" thing is getting annoying. I mean, you got talent, and people will judge you for your talent, but people won't like the self-promotion about the cancer battle. Taeler got plenty of talent, but she needs to work on her mic skills (a bit off in my opinion).

Judging by in-ring talent: 6/10

Judging by mic skills: 3/10

Vote: Thumb down. :shrug:

It's tough....

I want to say no, but she was pretty over with the crowd... I know The IZ crowd isn't always (or ever) a good measuring stick for the popular opinion, but a new person getting a crowd behind them is impressive nonetheless.

But if we're going off of her ability, the answer is a resounding no. I've really enjoyed Gutcheck, but they honestly haven't had anyone worth hiring yet. Silva is bland as hell, Hendrix is green as hell, and while he looks great comparatively I was completely unimpressed with Joey Ryan.

No, First, Knockout are usually attractive, she is not. But most importantly, she isnt a good wrestler. Dont get me wrong,neither is velvet but i don't see execution at a high enough level. Go back, get better, maybe next time. Shes only 23, has even two more years could do wonders.

I say No. Average in ring and did not like her look at all. There has to be better women wrestlers out there to bring in to TNA

I voted no.

I didn't vote no because of her ring ability. I didn't vote no because of her looks. I voted no because she doesn't stand out. Does she have the ability to make you want to spend your money on a ticket to see her? No. Does she have to ability to make you want to spend your money on Taeler Hendrix merchandise? No. In other words, there is nothing special about her. If she became a TNA knockout she would be on TV for like a month and then end up doing the dark match for Explosion, if they even have that show anymore.

She has potential. She's got a good look, good energy...she can work a bit, but has that indy women's style, where they look at the crowd the entire time they are doing their moves, that will need to change. Tara looked annoyed that she had to wait a couple of times. She needs some time in OV, but she's fresh, could be a plus for the Knockouts. I'd say yes, and get her some training for a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back