X-Men Days of Future Past Expands it's cast even wider

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
Two new X-Men characters join an already stacked roster.

Director Bryan Singer’s Twitter has proven to be the best place to go for the next big scoop on his upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past movie, and today he delivers again with news that both Bishop and Warpath will be in the film.

He tweeted a Vine video showing names on the cast chairs, and sure enough we glimpsed two new characters amongst the lot. Actors Omar Sy and Booboo Stewart were both recently cast, so it falls in line that they would take the roles of Bishop and Warpath, respectively.

Bishop’s mutant power is to absorb energy blasts and repel it back at his enemies. He joined the present day X-Men after traveling back in time from a future where mutants have all but been obliterated by the robotic Sentinels. Bishop wasn’t present in the comic book version of Days of Future Past, but the '90s X-Men cartoon has proven that he makes a natural fit for the time travel story.

John “Warpath” Proudstar, on the other hand, hasn’t done much time-traveling, but he has spent a lot of time on X-Force with Cable, the future son of Cyclops and Jean Grey, who has used time travel to solve more than his fair share of problems. Warpath is an Apache with super everything -- strength, speed, senses -- and can fly.

Time travel is the name of the game in Days of Future Past, which in the comics saw Kitty Pryde going back in time to prevent a future where the X-Men are mostly dead and the rest of mutantkind has been put in interment camps.

With a cast already bursting at the seams with awesome mutants including Wolverine, young and old Magneto and Xavier, Iceman, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Blink, Rogue, Beast, and Mystique, not to mention Peter Dinklage in an unknown villain role, it’s hard not to hear the news of these additions and get a little x-cited.

Seems Bishop and Warpath have joined the cast and while I'm not the biggest X-Men fan I loved First Class and can't wait to see this one, my only concern as of now as it seems there are way too many characters in the movie. With Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine, both the original and new version of Xavier and Magneto in there, Halle Berry reprising her role as Storm, plus Iceman, Kitty Pryde and other alumni plus the new cast one has to wonder how well Singer will be able to balance these characters screen time while making them all have a purpose.

Thoughts on this X-Men fans? (Particularly those who have read the comic variant, and any spoilers in tags please)

X-men is the shit. The more mutants we get the better. I'm just ready to see them fuck some shit up

The rumor is Fox wants to expand the X-franchise. I've heard rumors that sunspot will be in this thing as well. I really think they're laying the ground work for an X-Force movie.

I hope this movie is good, just really want to know who the villain(s) are going to be at this point.

The rumor is Fox wants to expand the X-franchise. I've heard rumors that sunspot will be in this thing as well. I really think they're laying the ground work for an X-Force movie.

I hope this movie is good, just really want to know who the villain(s) are going to be at this point.

Peter Dinklage + Marvel = M.O.D.O.K.

Does not exactly fit the storyline, but thats the first villain I though of when he was mentioned.

Two new X-Men characters join an already stacked roster.

Seems Bishop and Warpath have joined the cast and while I'm not the biggest X-Men fan I loved First Class and can't wait to see this one, my only concern as of now as it seems there are way too many characters in the movie. With Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine, both the original and new version of Xavier and Magneto in there, Halle Berry reprising her role as Storm, plus Iceman, Kitty Pryde and other alumni plus the new cast one has to wonder how well Singer will be able to balance these characters screen time while making them all have a purpose.

With all the characters & the epic size of the story they want to tell in this one, I wouldn't mind if they just split the movie into two parts, it's worked for other major franchises, I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

I'd love that especially if it's the Cable lead X-Force team

I would assume Mystiques Botherhood, &/or Nimrod

What I'm curious about is that with a new Fantastic Four movie in the works, & fox owning the film rights to both franchises, will Fox follow Days of Future Past up with a Days of Future Present movie.

Peter Dinklage + Marvel = M.O.D.O.K.

Does not exactly fit the storyline, but thats the first villain I though of when he was mentioned.

MODOK is owned by Marvel Studios, so Fox can't use the character for an X Film. Basically if it didn't originate in an X Book, fox can't use it.

My guess Dinklage will be Ahab, Trevor Fitzroy or Bantam or some amalgamation of the two, or voice of the sentinels. Hopefully it isn't some bland anti mutant senator.

Too many characters, that's obvious. It'll be good, not great. Singer doesn't make great films anymore.

Bishop? Fuck yes. I'm buzzing for this, though I doubt that it'll be as good as First Class.

The total amount of mutants will probably be a mute point as the majority will probably be background characters (much like Shadowcat and Colossus have been in prior movies) just there for us Marvelites to coo at.

The movie will concentrate on the established characters (Prof X, Magneto, Wolverine etc) and the other guys will just be there to throw in the odd moment of exhibiting their prowess which can, potentially, lead to them having prominent roles in subsequent or spin off movies. On that agenda and given the success of the Twilight movies, I'm wondering if we'll also have Rahne 'Wolfsbane' Sinclair appear in the background?

On the casting of Peter Dinklage, given CGI and poetic license there are many guys he could play but, from a personal standout, I am devastated that he isn't playing Puck (I'd also love to see Sasquatch in the movie world). And on the topic of Mr Dinklage, here's a picture of the man himself with an employee of mine (the guy with the black beard) who masquerades as an actor...
13896_10200518389835181_1071875067_n.jpg

Pete Rasputin is such a complex character, I wish we could see more of that, but I's a pipe dream. He's been demoted to generic strong guy.

You guys think that in a few years we'll see Kitty, Iceman and Colossus in the lead roles up against Pyro?

Pete Rasputin is such a complex character, I wish we could see more of that, but I's a pipe dream. He's been demoted to generic strong guy.

You guys think that in a few years we'll see Kitty, Iceman and Colossus in the lead roles up against Pyro?

I'm sure that would be nice. But other than the core fan base, how many people will flock to the cinema to watch it?

It all depends on how successful this movie is. Fox seems pretty hell bent on creating the X-Men and Fantastic Four as a separate Marvel Cinema Universe from Disney. DoFP seems like a launching off point for these franchise (If Franklin shows up with Rachel in this movie I will shit my pants with excitement).

Most of what I've read seems that Fox is hell bent on launching an X-Force/New Mutants movie in the near future, along with relaunching X-Men and Fantastic Four. Fox is absolutely in love with the Cable character and Deadpool. Seeing that Sunspot and Warpath are in DoFP, it looks like X-Force is going to get a serious shot at becoming a film. If that film is successful, than more X-Franchise have the possibility of being made. X-Factor, Excalibur, etc. Wolverine can't be in every movie. The possibility of other popular mutants getting a lead will rise.

I read that about Franklin a while back. Bare in mind his name was on the database in X2 so it seems likely.

The more X-Men, the better. I don't think Singer is gonna have a problem balancing all the different characters. He's a very talented director and did well with the X-Men series until Brett Ratner just completely killed it with that abomination known as X-Men: The Last Stand.

I don't think Singer will make that mistake. Days of Future Past is a pretty big X-Men storyline and I think Singer knows what he's doing well enough that he won't mess it up. Loved First Class, and Days of Future Past is gonna be an epic movie. Can't wait until Summer 2014.

I love X-Men flicks. I know that The Last Stand catches all this shit for being terrible, but really it's not any worse than the previous ones. They're not bad movies, but it's not like we're discussing Casablanca VS X-Men: The Last Stand. It's X-Men 2 vs X-Men 3... not that steep of a drop-off. Plus I love The Last Stand for Kelsey Grammar's awesome Beast role.

X-Men: First Class was better than the previous installments and it also had Michael Ironside in it out of left field. You put Michael Ironside in your movie, and you get my fucking attention. What a boss of 1980's action/horror/ sci-fi!!!

This movie will be fun, I like how they're blending the two timelines.

This movie is going to flop, the same way The Last Stand did. Too many characters with not enough development, followed by multiple plots that don't have enough time to flesh themselves out.

It's not going to be as it good be considering the amount of characters they have, in my opinion. Also the stars of First Class must be annoyed at having to share their sequel with so many characters from the original trilogy.

Oh for those who don't know or don't care Singer added in Quicksilver to attempt to throw a monkey wrench in Marvel's plan for the Avengers 2. Dick move I must say.

Oh for those who don't know or don't care Singer added in Quicksilver to attempt to throw a monkey wrench in Marvel's plan for the Avengers 2. Dick move I must say.

Seemingly it doesnt matter and they are both allowed to use the characters so long as they dont mention mutants in avengers or avengers in the x-men. Which makes absolutely no sense.

Seemingly it doesnt matter and they are both allowed to use the characters so long as they dont mention mutants in avengers or avengers in the x-men. Which makes absolutely no sense.

He was added last minute directly because of Whedon's announcement of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers 2. Not being allowed to mention their connection to Magneto is extremely lame but I trust Whedon to find a way around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back