Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
wzcwmagazineissue5.png

Credit: Shotaro

news.jpg

Mentorship Program Details Revealed

By Rebecca Serra

The newly-appointed General Manager of Aftershock Chuck Myles recently announced the structure of how the Mentorship Program will continue to exist until its predicted end at Unscripted. These details confirmed the rumours going around backstage and throughout the WZCW Universe about possible eliminations occurring, scheduled to have at least 1 per round until we get down to our final 2 at Unscripted to fight for a prize. Whilst the actual prize for both rookie and mentor are unclear, Chuck Myles has assured us that it will be something worthwhile.

I know when the idea was first introduced to the mentors about partaking in such a significant program, some were hesitant on how that will affect their current careers having to "babysit" another wrestler and although I don't know if they feel that way now, most are happy with the deal sweetener of a guaranteed prize. However, this program is more about the rookies themselves rising up and hopefully using this opportunity to get somewhere, so the prize for the rookie will definitely be more important.

At this point in time, it has also been announced that Joe Mason & Logan Burnside have been eliminated from the contest due to their injuries that they have sustained over the past couple of weeks. Joe Mason was attacked by the hands of the up-and-coming team of the New Church whilst Burnside's mentor Justin Cooper did the deed. As we pass the Apocalypse PPV, one of the six remaining rookies will definitely be joining them on the eliminated bench... maybe more, pending on how the Relay match pans out. Either way, the rookie to take the victory will receive the coveted immunity for next round, a one-time only offer for the Program.

Vance Bateman goes rogue: GM's Speak Out!

By Johnny Klamor

An interesting development occurred on Ascension this week as the whole world saw Vance Bateman turn his back on the entire fanbase and especially "Showtime" Cougar when he forced him to compete against World Champion Drake Callahan in a match right after his victory against Barbosa in the supposed main event, humiliating Showtime prior to Apocalypse. This took everybody by surprise as the always neutral and logical-thinking Bateman finally snapped, taking matters into his own hands and aligning himself with the corporate version of Callahan. We here at WZCW Magazine tried to get comments from Vance Bateman but he was unavailable for comment. However, I did manage to catch up with Meltdown General Manager, Big Dave.

Chuck and myself have been around for a long time, especially in Chuck's case. Neither of us would ever think that Vance Bateman could do something like this do to his business-minded nature and always being a company man. He put WZCW first and his personal agenda's last... whether or not someone has influenced him recently or if he's just had enough is unknown but its a shame that its happened. Its a sad day for the wrestling world when you see Vance Bateman doing something controversial and Chuck Myles doing his job properly.

Chuck Myles delivered similar comments on the issue.

After what happened with the Chaos taking over and being Ty's lackey, I vowed to myself that I would never do anything stupid again and finish the rest of my years as a General Manager in everyone's good books whilst still trying to remain my old self. I guess its Bateman's turn to feel what its like to abuse your powers as GM. Don't fret though, Dave and I are keeping a very close eye on him.

Both GM's hinted at possibly addressing the situation at Apocalypse should Bateman try to pull another scheme. WZCW reporters will try their best to keep you posted as this story develops.

Superstar Updates (Returns, Hiatuses and Injury Conditions)

By Mark Lemming

Just like those wrestlers on the roster who are mentoring the rookies, I too have been given the job of looking after the roster members who have been recently removed off the official WZCW Roster Pages. Although we've had some awesome returns such as former WZCW Tag Team Champion Ricky Runn and blast-from-the-past the Grand Mystique, the roster's decrease in size has jumped dramatically. As announced previously, Joe Mason and Logan Burnside are out indefinitely and aren't with us in the Mentorship Program any more. Speaking of injuries, Johnny Scumm has been doing well in recovery from the attack of Rush and is getting better although his return time is undisclosed. Mr. Baller was set to return but a mysterious attacker put him on the shelf as well. We have done our best to get in contact but Mr. Baller has not responded to any of our approaches. Another name who has yet to return is Everest, who I have briefly explained about in the last magazine. Since then, he has fallen off the radar and is currently off the payroll of WZCW. The General Managers weren't able to give any comments about the situation although they do know the whereabouts of Everest and his current status.

As for the future, we've been receiving some rumours about superstars potentially leaving post-Apocalypse. WZCW Magazine will not reveal those names and the full details of the rumours as they are just that: rumours. However, anything can happen in this business so don't be surprised if we see all of the superstars stay or if a handful decide to leave.

14402tu.png

Pre MD79/AS54/AF14
Results from 2 rounds ago
1. "Showtime" Cougar
2. Drake Callahan
World Heavyweight Champion

3. Constantine
KFAD Winner

4. Triple X
5. Steven Holmes
6. Matt Tastic
7. Mick Overlast
Elite X Champion

8. Alex Bowen
9. Saboteur/Saxton
World Tag Team Champions

10. Chris K.O.
11. Titus
12. Rush
Co-Eurasian Champion

13. Connor Reese
14. Ace Stevens
Mayhem Champion

15. Barbosa

-----------------------------------

R1. Justin Cooper
R2. New Church
R3. Mister Alhazred
R4. Celeste Crimson
R5. Jacoby Capone​

After further review of the F-15 lists, we have decided to scrap the Mentorship ratings and instead add an extra five slots known as the "Reserve List" where we can rank up to 20 superstars on the list. However, the Reserves will not be officially recognised by the F-15 lists as they are just there to make these lists more efficient for us to create.

1: Drake Callahan - World Heavyweight Champion (2)
iJvJx.jpg

The World champ made up for his lack of participation last week by competing in two matches this week on Ascension, defeating Steven Kurtesy after getting beat down by Showtime and by facing Cougar in the main event, winning both encounters.

2: "Showtime" Cougar (1)
4299567973_125e706985.jpg

Despite defeating Barbosa in the supposed main event of Ascension, he drops a spot as Drake Callahan faced him soon after the match and defeated him, forcing him to drop to the second spot this week.

3: Steven Holmes (5)
23356.jpg

The Elite warrior recovered from his drop last week by beating the returning Ricky Runn in a surprise match that was never scheduled to happen, securing Holmes' 3rd spot.

4: Chris K.O. (10)
brad_pitt-twin-book.jpg

And back up we go with Chris K.O., taking a massive jump to the 4th spot after defeating the King of Mayhem Alex Bowen in singles competition. He'll be looking to use this momentum against the dominant Holmes come Sunday.

5: Triple X (4)
kb3qq8.png

Teaming with the Elite X champion has dropped X's spot on the lists by one as they suffered a loss against the dominant Cooper who has been tearing it up recently.

6: Rush - Co-Eurasian Champion (12)
c10sid1_24597.jpg

Rush continues to climb the ladder as his recent victory over Celeste and Matt Tastic in tag team action with partner Sam Smith has pushed him towards the top spot.

7: Matt Tastic (6)
2896400672_2bf93c94ec.jpg

Tastic goes down one spot due to his loss this week in tag team action. He got a chance at capturing the tag team titles however so he is doing something right.

8: Mick Overlast - Elite X Champion (7)
Cody_Rhodes_2_display_image.jpg

One spot drop for the Elite X champion as he again suffers a loss to Justin Cooper, this time in tag team action. He'll have to defend his title against Cooper come Apocalypse.

9: Alex Bowen (8)
50.jpg

Bowen has suffered a few losses recently and has nearly knocked him off the top 10 spots, the latest one stemming from Chris K.O who beat him in singles action.

10: Connor Reese (13)
Connor has shot up the lists slowly but its not to knock his impressive steak. He defeated the robotic SHIT in the main event of Aftershock to secure the 10th spot on the list.

11: Justin Cooper (NEW)
It's been a long time coming for Justin Cooper as he finally makes the F-15 lists, due to his recent victories over the Elite X champion that has made him the number one contender.

12: Titus (11)
A loss this week with his rookie Angel has dropped the legend down one spot on the lists. The 6 man tag match for the PPV however should be an easy way for the legend to regain some momentum.

13: Saboteur/Saxton (9)
Both men endured losses this week against both members of Strikeforce, allowing the team to enter themselves into the title picture at Apocalypse.

14: New Church (NEW)
The latest tag team to enter the business has been ripping through the competition and preaching their beliefs to the stars, allowing them to earn a spot on the lists.

15: Mister Alhazred (NEW)
The returned superstar has come back with a vengeance and has won two straight matches in a row, showing how dangerous he can really be. He rounds off the lists at 15.

Reserve Lists (In Order)
  • Strikeforce
  • Masked Gentleman
  • Barbosa
  • Ace Stevens
  • Constantine

1. Drake Callahan
World Heavyweight Champion

2. "Showtime" Cougar
3. Steven Holmes
4. Chris K.O
5. Triple X
6. Rush
Co-Eurasian Champion

7. Matt Tastic
8. Mick Overlast
Elite X Champion

9. Alex Bowen
10. Connor Reese
11. Justin Cooper
12. Titus
13. Saboteur/Saxton
World Tag Team Champions

14. New Church
15. Mister Alhazred

-----------------------------------

R1. Strikeforce
R2. Masked Gentleman
R3. Barbosa
R4. Ace Stevens
R5. Constantine​

The-Miz-newsstory.png

I’ve interviewed a lot of people in my time here in WrestleZone Championship Wrestling from the likes of Showtime David Cougar, Titus, Ty Burna, Austin Reynolds, Everest and so many more. I’ve seen hundreds of wrestlers come through the doors trying to become a legend in this business. Some succeed but a lot of the time they don’t. One of the current members of our roster, someone who has been here for a long time, has just started to reach his true potential. Today I had the pleasure of sitting down with Justin to talk about his career and his recent success. We spoke about his time in the tag team division, his rivalry with Alex Bowen and his thoughts on facing off with Mick Overlast at Apocalypse. It was sure to be an interesting encounter and a first time experience for me.

Leon Kensworth: Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to this special event presented by WZCW.com. I am your host Leon Kensworth and joining me is...

Justin Cooper: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, tonight you will play witness as I host my very own show. Welcome to Justin Cooper’s Fun House with my guest WZCW reporter Leon Kensworth. Welcome to the show Leon, how are you this fine evening?

Leon: Very well Justin thanks for aski…

Justin: We’ve got a lot to get through tonight Leon so let’s keep the pace up. Now I thought since I’m usually the one asking all the questions around here, I thought it would be fun to switch it up a little. Change the scene a little by having you play the role of interviewer for a change. How about it Leon, sound like a good idea?

Leon: It sounds fantastic Justin.

Justin: Good, let’s get underway then.

Leon: Justin you’ve been in professional wrestling since 2009 and after competing in small shows across Australia you were given a chance to wrestle here in WrestleZone Championship Wresling. When you made your debut what was going through your head? Were you nervous at all about wrestling on the big stage?

Justin: Not at all Leon, I was pretty confident heading into my first match. It was a Battle Royale on Meltdown 45 also involving the likes of Barbosa, Sam Smith, Hays, Michael Winters and Ferbian. Obviously I was the stand out of the bunch.

Leon: Pretty sure the World Championship outranks the Mayhem Championship by anyone’s standards.

Justin: I know right, Barbosa will not listen when I try to tell him that. It’s like he’s crazy or something. Truth is I’ve never really spoken to the triple threat but I have heard he likes Black Swan. Seems like a nice fellow though. When we made our debuts in the match I doubt anyone thought he would be the one breaking out in the spotlight. He’s down an amazing job at getting people to notice him and pay attention. You’ve got to respect that.

Leon: Another man from that group is Sam Smith, what are your thoughts on him and his success?

Justin: Kind of like Barbosa I’ve never really spoken to Sam Smith at all. I saw him during his first run in the company reach some success with his title victory but I’ve never seen that main event quality he thinks he has. Sometimes I read the things he has said and it makes me wonder who he’s trying to convince with these comments. But I thought this was supposed to be about me though?

Leon: Ok then, we’ll move onto something else.

Justin: Oh shit I forget about him. Sorry Leon but I got to mention somebody.

Leon: Who?

Justin: DK Wilton you can kiss my ass you prick!

Leon: Good old Mr. Wilton, such a character.

Justin: He called me a copycat. He told people I ripped him off and some of these idiots believe him. Did you know Titus believed him?

Leon: Moving on, you’ve been involved in a couple of matches against former champions during your runs here. What’s it like to be facing a champion or former champion compared to wrestling a rookie?

Justin: It’s a whole different ball game compared to facing a rookie. I could take on The Angel today and beat him in less than one minute but I couldn’t do that to Barbosa. It’s a lot harder to prepare yourself mentally when facing them because nobody expects you to win. You end up going into the match believing you’re going to lose and that’s what usually happens when you enter a match with a bad attitude. Consider my match with Matt Tastic a couple of weeks ago. I was the underdog by a mile and nobody expected me to win or even have a chance to winning. The odds were in Matt’s favour. I didn’t have anyone telling me I could win. Then when I stepped into that ring I could feel that this was my moment to grab attention. I knew that if I win then I would position myself for a title shot in the future.

Leon: So it’s not worrying when you face someone with more experience or a large list of past titles?

Justin: No it’s not worrying. That’s probably not the right word to use in that situation anyway. You can’t really describe the emotion that goes through your body when you’re looking across the ring at a champion or legend. When I faced Everest it was an honour. I talked trash about him leading into the event but in all honesty I was just glad to be in the ring with him. When you in this business you have to be able to distance yourself from the pack and trash talking a legend was something I needed to do.

Leon: You've spoken a little about past rivals, who is your favourite?

Justin: Easy, it’s Alex Bowen by a mile. We've had so many matches involving the other its become a little silly. I believe we have been involved in three or four Mayhem Championship matches together. To this day I still consider our match at Kingdom Come III to be my favourite match of all time. We beat the hell out of each other for over fifteen minutes with everything we could find. I had my head bashed in with steel chairs, I used kendo sticks on Bowen and even attempted to run the guy over. It’s an example of how much we wanted to win that match. We both sacrificed our bodies for a chance at immortality. On that night nothing was more important than the Mayhem Championship to us and I truly believe we had the best match that night. When the event was finished people weren’t talking about what Reynolds had done, they were talking about what Justin Cooper and Alex Bowen did to each other. I think that’s tells a story by itself.

Leon: After that match at Kingdom Come you took a long break from professional wrestling. You then returned after Unscripted and immediately began to make your way back to the Mayhem Championship. Firstly why did you leave and what made you want to return after being away for so long?

Justin: I made the decision to leave after losing a couple of matches in a row. The first was the match with Alex and then I lost a match with Sam Smith. I just didn’t have the drive to compete anymore at the standard I wanted to. It had been a long time since I felt like my career was going places so I had to take a break and re-established things. As for what made me want to come back, well honestly it was a combination of things. I’d been sitting at home for way to long and at that point Alex still hadn’t lost the championship. He was on one of the greatest rolls of all time and I wanted to be the guy to end it. Unfortunately Alex lost to Armando before I got my title match and he ruined my goal.

Leon: What’s the current status of the relationship between you and Alex Bowen?

Justin: I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me. We have unfinished business and I’m not leaving it like that.

Leon: Speaking of unfinished business, you have a match with Mick Overlast this coming Sunday at Apocalypse for the Elite X Championship. It’s got to be the biggest match of your career at this point. How do you go into the match and what do you have to do so that championship leaves around your waist?

Justin: The same thing I’ve done three times already. I’ve faced Mick three times in the past, twice in tag team competition and once in a singles match. Not once has Mick ever gotten the better of me. He has failed each and every time he has stepped into the same ring as me. I’m that one guy he can’t beat Leon. I’m the guy he has dreams about at his house. He can’t stop me this Sunday.

Leon: Do you think Mr. Overlast is going to step up his game for the big title match?

Justin: Of course but it doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t. He’s had three chances to beat me and he’s not done it once. After this match it’ll be four in a row and I doubt he’ll ever be given another shot at me again. One thing that people don’t seem to understand is that this match is much bigger than what it is being made to be. It’s a match between the veteran and the rising star. I’ve been in this company for two long years and I’m finally starting to reach my potential. I’m breaking free of any shackles that held me down and now I’m pulling through. This Sunday would make all the hard work seem worth it. If I win this Sunday I’m no longer just a mayhem guy. I’ll finally be given the respect I want. I’ll finally be seen as a champion. This Sunday is it for me Leon. Win, lose or draw this will define my career. Whatever happens on Sunday will be a moment in time for Justin Cooper.

Leon: Justin I’m glad you had the time to speak to me in the build-up for Apocalypse. Good luck this Sunday and all the best.

Justin: Thanks Leon.

staceymadison.png

For the first time ever, WZCW Magazine has given the power to the people to not only choose what topic I shall be reviewing this edition but also how they voted the Top 5 of the lists. Normally, I would never accept to do something like this but considering I've been given the power to ridicule the choices made by the fans, I'm sticking along for the ride. I'm being obligated by WZCW Magazine to say that should the fans prefer this method of History 101 over the old one, let us know with some feedback and we'll continue with fan-voting. For this edition, we will be reviewing:

The 5 Worst Wrestlers Ever in WZCW

We break away from the serious ratings and go straight to the fun stuff in a Top 5 that I was actually considering to do for a later edition. However, it seems appropriate to rank these now with WZCW about to close its fourth calendar year and enter its official 5th year, a huge milestone for any federation as big as WZCW. We have all seen some crazy gimmicks and characters come and go, some do really well and go on to perform great feats of success whilst others may linger around, possibly winning a title or two. Some of them however... can be really downright disturbing and terrible right from the get go. Let's start off with the 5th pick:

5. DK Wilton (15 votes)

tumblr_lbzi5cQtmA1qcpu7t.jpg

There was a reason why this man was known as "Your F'n Nightmare" because every time he entered the ring, it felt like you were in one. This man had a huge ego around him and was always oblivious to the fact that he couldn't get over. He thought that the boo's he was generating was from his good form as a bad guy but the fact was, the fans booed him because they really didn't want to watch him at all. He did manage to win a couple of matches here and there, qualifying for the Lethal Lottery even by defeating Mark Hancock (another terrible wrestler). I remember a story backstage about DK Wilton where he walked around with a swagger and he passed a few members of the crew who are avid gamers talking about Dungeons and Dragons and whatnot, taking this opportunity to make himself look cool and tease them about their hobbies. Wilton tried embarrassing them with lame insults but before he could leave, Becky comes along and slaps him across the face. Chuck Myles was there and watched the encounter, causing Wilton to complain about assault charges. Wilton ended up copping harrassment charges and Becky slapped Wilton a second time without consequence. Ah, good times...

I doubted the fans from the get-go but this first choice as a terrible wrestler is a solid choice. Whilst DK Wilton made some noise with his incessant arrogance and apparent "swag" that he had, he was honestly quite bad in terms of character. What you saw on TV wasn't scripted, it was something out of Jersey Shore with the amount of "Douchebaggery" that emanated off him. I would have ranked him higher but 5 is a nice choice. Good job, WZCW Universe.

4. Darren Bull (18 votes)

jericho1.jpg

The honour of the only person to seriously be considered as a terrible wrestler who still has a contract with WZCW goes to Darren Bull as he apparently picks up the 4th spot in the Top 5. I'm a little on the fence with this choice for a number of reasons. I don't doubt that Bull has achieved very little in his career and hasn't moved any higher than curtain jerking for the majority of his time here despite how long he's been under contract but that doesn't really obligate him to be voted. Hell, he still has a contract and has a lot of time to impress us. Let's take Bull with Mr. Baller. For a long time, Baller was considered the "jobber" of the company and did quite terribly for a very long time but one day, he picked up the ball and ran with it. He's won a couple of titles and even earned himself a World title shot at Unscripted in the Cell, an achievement if you don't win. It took a while for Baller to do this and Bull still has that time to get himself up there, especially with this Program... despite Constantine not being around as often as the Program intended.

Bull might be a bad wrestler now and yes it does warrant him for you fans to vote but the next time we take a review on this, Darren Bull would have hopefully realised his potential and found himself away from this Worst Wrestler list, unless it is his duty to become the worst wrestler. Bull is the 4th worst of all time (community-voted) but in my books, he shouldn't even be in the top 10.

3. Joe Mason (22 votes)

bryan_no.jpg

I can't help but feel that this one was voted for other reasons but I digress.

Joe Mason came into this company a short while ago and proclaimed to the entire universe that he was the greatest submissions expert in the world and had a plethora of experience when it came down to wrestling in a technical fashion. Most people ignored him as those who boast about themselves without proof are all talk and no walk. After working with the company for a while, people noticed that someone who claimed to be an excellent specialist in making people tap, he did nothing to back up his words and any of his wins (if he had any, I don't recall) never ended in a submission. Not only was his expertise off but so was his scheduled. Joe Mason wandered around aimlessly for the first few weeks, some rounds not showing up and being booked and some rounds he turned up. I have no idea what the story was from here but the only true success he ever made in this company was when he got Steamboat Ricky as his mentor and after one sneak attack, he seems to be out of the game indefinitely.

Mason could have become something if he was actually serious about his stint in WZCW and a few tweaks to his character/wrestling style would have been the best thing, especially with Ricky by his side but fate cut him short and it looks like he won't be back at all to the company. Qualities of a bad wrestler yes but like Darren Bull, Mason would not have been on this list. There are many others who are worthy of this spot.

2. Hollywood Jameson (24 votes)

Pope.jpg

Finally, we are getting back on track! Someone who deserves to be in the Top 5... and make a note: this is referencing the original Hollywood Jameson before he discovered fast food.

What is there to say about Jameson? Nothing really... he was the most hyped wrestler (mainly done by himself) to be signed on by WZCW under a trial contract and when he entered, he sucked so bad. I mean, REAL bad. The ONLY claim to fame he has was gaining 300 pounds and competing in the main event of the All-Stars II event WZCW held earlier this year and it wasn't because it was a successful outing, its because everything was laughing at him for how a star that never-was fell so far it actually went higher than when he first started.

I've got nothing else to say about Jameson. Truly one of the worst wrestlers ever. If he was around for longer, he would have been #1.

1. Doug Crashin (34 votes)

01.jpg

The greatest jobber of WZCW of all time definitely deserves this and there really isn't anyone else who can top Crashin.

Crashin was wildly known throughout Japan as a legend for his dirty tactics and innovated style, defeating many greats in the art of puroresu. After his success, he tried his hand by joining the biggest company in existence, WZCW. As for many people who transition from Mexico or Japan, it takes a while getting used to the amount of styles and talents in WZCW. For Crashin though, he never got the grasp and went straight into a series of losses despite winning the Mayhem championship for a brief few seconds in the Mayhem Scramble at Kingdom Come II. Following the event, Crashin teamed up with Kurtesy and later Holmes to form the Crashin Movement, highlighting Crashin's main success within the company but was always seemingly injured and when he was cleared to wrestle, he never won a match. For a year and a half stint in the company, Crashin only ever picked up two wins: one against Phoenix in singles competition and another in tag team action against Jordan Lights and someone else. KCIII saw his demise as Holmes put him on the injured list for a very long time, ending his career and later returned to host the All-Stars II event where he never even made it to the ring due to injuries.

He was well-known in WZCW for his time and was always considered no higher than a jobber. The things that Crashin achieved was mainly done by Kurtesy and Holmes, the two that made the Movement famous. No matter what Crashin did, he was never able to pick up a solid victory by himself and always needed help, was always on the sidelines training and never developed in what could have been. He tried so hard but always failed. Truly, he is the standard of terrible wrestlers but what he did made him famous for it. It's the only reason why people mark out for Crashin these days: just to see the worst do his best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community-Voting Results:
Doug Crashin (34)
Hollywood Jameson (24)
Joe Mason (22)
Darren Bull (18)
DK Wilton (15)

Jalapeno (12)
Ashleigh FalKon (8)
Joe West (5)
Cory Allen (4)
Armando Paradyse, Jack O'Latern, Ewan Kampa & Ricky Runn (3)
Ferbian (2)
John Smith/Anita Dick & Marcus Chambers (1)

Wow... I'm surprised some of these names like Ricky Runn made it onto the lists and even moreso that wrestlers like Cory Allen, Ashleigh FalKon and Anita Dick weren't higher in the votings. That's what you get when you leave it to the community though. Honestly, it was fun doing it this way: less research for the same amount of money and I think we might do it again for the next one.

WZCW Magazine will be posting up a poll on WZCW.com shortly before the next issue asking the fans what they would want to see happen next as well as answer for that next History 101 review. Be sure to watch out for that. This has been Stacey Madison.

Showtime: I’ve been in so many amazing matches and have attained so many different titles and accomplishments in my career that it’s very hard for me to try and speak on one and not talk about the others. Possibly the most talked about thing about me has been some of the feuds I’ve famously been in. My feuds with Ty Burna, Austin Reynolds, and now Drake Callahan, have all been very well documented. Of all the feuds I’ve ever had before, the one I would like just one match is the one against the man simply known as Big Dave.

“Showtime” David Cougar vs Big Dave

Showtime: Me and Dave both earned our contracts in the very same battle royal, outlasting the clock. I don’t think you’ll ever find two bigger superstars debuting at the same time in WZCW. If I was the star of the show, Dave was the talent. Inside the wrestling ring Dave had few equals. After earning our contracts we teamed up with the other two guys who earned contracts with us. Twice I suffered defeat against Dave’s team. He would continue a path to Tag Team gold and I myself would go on to win two singles titles, the Mayhem and the EurAsian title.

Showtime: Leading up to Kingdom Come 2 Dave defeated four other wrestlers and earned the right to face me at Kingdom Come for the EurAsian Title. In an epic contest, I was defeated by Big Dave. Strangely though, it was Big Dave’s own countrymen who first began cheering me at Kingdom Come and that reaction came with me back across the pond. At Redemption I had my rematch in a best 2 out of 3 falls match, but wasn’t able to pin or submit Dave as the skunk back then dented my head with a steel chair. Picked up a point, but then Dave hit the SOA tied it up and won later on. My streak of loses to Dave had reached new lows. Somehow it didn't matter though as I was moved up to the main event and Dave was stuck in the middle card. Fast forward to Lethal Lottery 3, me and Dave sit as the two odds on favourites to win the match. Big Dave sitting as a 4/1 shot and Showtime a 6/1 shot. Not happy about that at all, but that didn’t matter because on this night I was ready to set the world on fire. Here’s that match from the vault and it’s dedicated to the fan who won 6 billion cubes of beef bouillon.

Entry Number 8:

Showtime Cougar makes his way out, sans his Elite X belt and smirks proudly to the crowd, unaware that the moment his music hit, Reynolds rolled out of the ring, grabbed the steel chair and bolts straight for him.

Connor: Looks like the ratings are about to go up!

Cohen: Showtime, watch out!

Showtime soaks in the moment only he turns and is met with Reynolds’ steel chair, taking him straight to the floor as the crowd cheer in unison, Reynolds gets Cougar up and slams him into the set which he bounces off and is revealed to have been busted from that chairshot. Reynolds grabs him again and throws him into the security barrier along the entrance way, Everest, Smith and Winters are back on their feet as they observe the ongoing battle between these two as they all signal to Reynolds to bring Showtime into the ring. Reynolds suplexes Showtime onto the floor, giving Showtime some further pains before he notices the other entrants signal to him, so he obliges by getting the Showman up and rolling him into the ring, he is welcomed by the stomps of Everest, Smith and Winters.

Reynolds rolls into the ring with a smirk on his face with a sense feeling of justice, despite the stomping, Showtime keeps tight to the ropes to the point he rolls out of the ring looking rather dazed after the handicapping he just received from the other competitors. Reynolds follows after him as Everest then grabs Smith and throws him over the far ropes, Smith holds on tightly as Everest goes after Winters and both men exchange rights with each other. Reynolds is met with an elbow from the bloody Showtime who then lifts and drops him on the security barrier, he then checks his head to see it’s bleeding and he’s not impressed at all as he starts to stop on Reynolds. Winters begins to out power Everest through his weight advance but Everest lets him fall into a Rock Slide, Winters elbows him out of it as he then hits The Crucifix to take him down. Smith rolls back in as the countdown appears once again, Showtime walks again from Reynolds as he looks to sneak behind Smith and Winters who are all eyes on the entrance, the buzzer sounds.

Entry Number 9:

The crowd cheers as Baez makes his way out, he heads down the ramp in a gentle pace as Showtime looks on in disbelief and shouts “Oh no!” to himself.

Copeland: Looks like the numbers are massing up against Showtime, his last challenger is here!

Cohen: This isn’t fair! This thing is fixed! I want to see that entrance list right now!

Connor: Baez looks focused on the ring rather than a special individual.

Baez slides under the ropes under Winter’s legs, he gets up and bounces off the ropes and goes for a dropkick which makes Winters stagger slightly. Smith is back up as Baez then goes for a hurricanrana on the young man to knock him off his feet, he’s then met by the clothesline of Cougar who’s rolled back into the ring. He looks to see if Reynolds is back but he isn’t so he goes towards Winters and gives him and elbow to the back of the head followed by punches to the stomach, he follows up with a dropkick as Winters falls into the corner, Showtime turns and finds Reynolds standing on the opposite corner waiting for him he’s about to approach him but Baez low blows him from behind and Smith hits the Final Judgement on him, Reynolds then leaps off the top ropes and lands on him with a splash.

The bloodied Showtime looks battered but as Reynolds looks to try and get everyone to eliminate him, Baez then grabs Reynolds and tries to force him over the top rope which has everyone in shock. Smith even goes over and joins in but Baez elbows him in the head as Baez has Reynolds on the apron and tries to force him out with a boot, Winters is back up and makes the save with a clothesline as Reynolds keeps himself safe by getting back inside the ring. Everest is back up as he rolls Showtime onto his feet, he drags him into the corner and starts kicking at him until Showtime has dropped in the corner, he paces away and then hits a running knee at the showman. Smith creeps up behind him as he hits a backbreaker on the Pinnacle of Perfection as the buzzer sounds once again.

Entrant Number 19:

[YOUTUBE]7zEm-U1hC7E[/YOUTUBE]

Copeland: Here we go!

Cohen: And business has now picked up! My pick to win the Lottery this year!

Connor: Has Dave got enough rest since his match with Everest earlier in the night?

Dave makes his way out and the crowd boos him mercilessly. He walks swiftly to the ring and enters just as Phoenix gets to the top rope. He goes flying off but Dave catches him by the throat and immediately throws him over the top rope. Phoenix hits the ground hard as Dave stares down at him.

Copeland: Immediately Dave makes an impact on this Lethal Lottery. How impressive was that?

Cohen: Baez should be thanking Big Dave after that save. He was about to be crushed by the Final Flight.

Dave looks down at Baez who is getting to his knees. Dave lifts him up and connects with a big Catatonic Backbreaker, causing Baez to scream out in agony. Meanwhile Baller has gotten the upperhand on Blade and goes for a jumping DDT. Blade stays up right however and Baller crashes to the mat. Blade lifts him up quickly and hits another Halo, knocking Baller out cold. He pulls Baller up and throws him over the top rope, eliminating him. Blade mocks the slowly rising Baller before turning his attention back into the ring. Big Dave suddenly lifts Blade up and threatens to toss him over the top rope but Baez is to his feet and chop blocks Dave from behind, sending Blade crashing to the mat but still in the ring. Baez begins unloading a furious amount of rights and Blade backs away from the two quickly, only to bump into Kravinoff, who quickly picks Blade up in a two handed choke. Dave blocks a punch from Baez and hits a huge headbutt, sending him backwards.

Copeland: We are down to five men in the ring with the eliminations of Baller and Phoenix. We are getting close to the end of the Lottery!

Cohen: Big Dave is just dominating everyone inside that ring. I don't think anyone can take him out.

Showtime turns around and suddenly Kravinoff is right there, connecting with a straight kick to the head of Showtime. He lifts Show up and connects with a double under hook suplex. He gets up on one knee and smirks as Dave and Baez continue battling. Dave gets knocked backwards and Kravinoff capitalizes with a tiger suplex, dropping him on his head. He gets up and focuses his attention on the suddenly alone Baez. Kravinoff gets up and lets out a feral scream before rushing Baez and hitting blow after blow before tossing Baez to the ground and continuing his assault. Meanwhile Blade, Dave, and Showtime slowly get to their knees and look at one another, suddenly forming a strategy. Kravinoff lifts up Baez and drops him down with his Ugandan Death Knell and applies the submission hold. Baez struggles against the hold but exhaustion takes over and he soon is out in the hold. Kravinoff releases the hold and tosses Baez aside before grabbing the ropes and using them to support himself standing up. Suddenly Blade, Dave, and Showtime rush forward, hitting a triple spear! Kravinoff's head bounces off the mat violently and all five men are down now. Blade and Dave are the first to rise as they look down at Kravinoff. The two men lift Kravinoff up and barely get him over the top rope, sending the Ugandan hunter to the outside eliminating him.

Connor: Kravinoff has been eliminated! What a burst of violence from him, he took out every remaining participant by himself!

Cohen: It took a spear from three men to merely sedate him enough to eliminate him. Kravinoff has become a beast since his return to WZCW. I would not look forward to facing him in the very near future.

Blade and Dave lean against the ropes as they stare down at Kravinoff on the outside. They turn towards each other and begin swinging for the fences once more. Showtime and Baez are slow to their feet and they look at one another before rushing at Blade and Dave, trying to clothesline them over the top rope. They both hold on and soon Blade shoves Show back and goes for a big clothesline, but Show catches him and drops him with the Ratings Crash! Baez hits an enziguri and knocks him to the ground. Blade is somehow to his feet but suddenly stumbles backwards towards the ropes. Baez rushes up and hits Smashmouth on Blade, sending him over the top rope and to the outside!

Copeland: Blade has been eliminated, we are down to the final three! Big Dave, Showtime, Baez, one of the three men will go on to Kingdom Come and face Ty Burna for the World Title!

Cohen: If Baez wins we will never hear the end of it. Come on Dave! This is your moment!

Showtime is to his feet now and attacks Baez from behind. He sends Baez into the ropes and hits a spinning clothesline. Showtime falls back against the ropes, trying to recover from the beating he's taken in the match. Dave is to his feet now and rushes at Showtime, who lifts him up with a back body drop over the ropes! Dave lands on his feet on the outside however and sends a knee into Show's back. Showtime stumbles forward and Baez connects with a big huracanrana, sending Showtime careening across the ring. Dave is slowly entering the ring when Baez attacks him and tries throwing him over the top rope. Dave holds on and elbows Baez in the midsection forcing him back but Baez goes for Smashmouth again. Dave counters and lifts him up, and coming down with the Stamp of Authority, releasing Baez over the ropes. Baez crashes face first into the apron and bounces off to the ground outside the ring, eliminating him. The crowd becomes deflated as Baez lies on the ground holding his face in massive pain.

Cohen: Yes! Baez is out of here!

Copeland: An innovative maneuver by Dave, using the Stamp of Authority as he did. We are now down to Big Dave and Showtime!

Connor: I can't believe it comes down to these two. One man who has had history with Ty since the beginning of his WZCW career, and a man who seems to be Ty's chosen opponent. Not to mention these two fought over the Eurasian Title at last year's Kingdom Come. It just seems fitting.

The crowd is standing with a loud buzz coming from them as Dave turns around and faces off with Showtime in the middle of the ring. They begin unloading on one another, neither man gaining the upper hand. Dave kicks Show in the midsection and tries lifting him up for the Stamp of Authority, but Showtime floats over and goes for an inverted DDT, only for Dave to counter out and connect with a powerslam. Dave stands over a bloodied Showtime and grabs him by the throat, lifting him off the ground and up for another Stamp of Authority. Showtime struggles and is able to grab hold of the turnbuckle and climb up to the top of it. Dave turns around and hits a resounding right hand to the jaw of Showtime and Show drops down to a sitting position. Dave turns Showtime around and sets him up for the spider suplex. Showtime counters with elbows before Dave loses hold. Showtime stands up and pulls Dave up with him, setting him up for the Final Act!

Copeland: This is incredible! With the Lethal Lottery on the line these two are on the top turnbuckle fighting for position! One slip and either men could lose this match!

Dave hooks his foot under the ropes and elbows Show in the head before hitting a punch to the midsection. Show lets go of Dave and Dave lifts him up once more in a fiereman's carry. The crowd buzzes loudly as Dave sets him up for a Stamp of Authority off the top rope!

Connor: Dave is going to send Showtime through the ring if he hits this! Showtime's career could be in jeopardy with this attack!

Showtime tries struggling out of the carry but Dave holds him firm. Showtime panics and gets a thumb into Dave's eye. Dave let's go and Showtime gets behind Dave on the turnbuckle. Dave sits down on the turnbuckle, his hand over his eye as Showtime carefully walks onto the ropes. Dave slowly gets his vision back and stands back on the turnbuckle. Showtime suddenly jumps forward and hits a huge Enziguri, sending both men off the turnbuckle to the outside! Showtime frantically reaches out and gets one hand on the middle rope, sending his body crashing hard into the side of the ring, his feet mere inches from the ground as Dave lands back first onto the outside mat.

Harrys: Here is your winner of the Lethal Lottery, and the man going onto Kingdom Come to face Ty Burna for the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship, Showtime Cougar!

The crowd is in shock at what happened, as Showtime slowly pulls himself back onto the apron and rolls into the ring, blood still dripping from his forehead as he breathes heavily while on the ground.

Copeland: Unbelievable! Showtime took both Big Dave and himself crashing to the outside. By a stroke of luck he got a hold of a rope and held on just enough for the win!

Cohen: Do you realize what this means you two? We get Showtime Cougar vs. Ty Burna for the World Title at Kingdom Come!

Connor: Showtime dug deep to win his opportunity, and with a little luck he came out on top. I was certain this was Big Dave's match to win, but he came up just short.

Showtime slowly gets to his knees and he stares up into the sky as confetti begins streaming down from the ceiling. The crowd boos him loudly as he gets to his feet and holds his arm up in victory. He walks over to the turnbuckle and slowly climbs up to the second one, holding his arm up in victory once more before pointing to the Kingdom Come banner up in the arena. He steps down from the turnbuckle and to the center of the ring again and drops to his knees, holding his arms out as the confetti continues to drop.

random-tidbits.jpg

Apocalypse Player History
Numbers & Lee will be experiencing their fourth consecutive Apocalypse, both having appeared as Grand Mystique/Austin Reynolds and Titus/Red Mask (respectively) twice each.

Steamboat Ricky, Steven Kurtesy, Alex Bowen, “Showtime” Cougar, Matt Tastic, Barbosa & Sam Smith are all undefeated at Apocalypse (this excludes anyone who is not currently on the roster)

Constantine, Mister Alhazred, Steven Holmes, Action Saxton, Titus, Grand Mystique & Drake Callahan have never won at Apocalypse (this excludes anyone who is not currently on the roster)

Over half of the roster will be debuting in their first Apocalypse match​

Apocalypse PPV History
Apocalypse is the end of the WZCW Calendar Year

Voted Worst PPV of the Year more than any other PPV in history

First time ever to NOT feature a tag team facing each their partners in a singles match:

(NorCal/Michaels at 1st)
(Phoenix/Garth Black at 2nd)
(Holmes/Kurtesy at 3rd)

The Eurasian title has always been retained at Apocalypse whereas the Tag Team titles have always changed hands.

First time ever for Apocalypse to feature an “Exhibition” match

This will be the biggest Apocalypse PPV in history​

Non-Kayfabe Discussion: Fed Updates

Roster page changes will be coming soon as we've already started working on the new bio screen pages for everyone, thanks to Funkay. If you haven't got your short bio (60 words max.) to him via PM yet, I suggest you hurry up and do so. I'm not too sure where he is up to but better safe than sorry. I'm also going to be reviewing how the actual roster pages look and changes things around so we remove all the boring, non-essential stuff and replace it with information that will help everyone understand each character. I will also be updating the Ban Lists and other relevant pages like the Character Changes thread and whatnot to keep everything in order. I'm taking that on post-Apocalypse. We'll make sure to give you a clear and concise ruling on the Extensions thread as well, seeing as it sparked a few points of interest among people.

On the subject of updating, Slyfox696 approached creative recently about something similar to a WZCW Wikia which he is putting on his website. He would like us to create pages and update the ENTIRE history of our company and put it there as a reference, similar to how the normal Wikia has done. So this means we are unfortunately abandoning works on the originals and transferring our work over to there. If anyone is interested in helping conduct research alongside myself, please let me know and we can work on this together and hopefully get it done. We'll do the easy bits first like the history which has already been recorded and move onto the character pages. It would be helpful if people aided us in designing their own pages by giving us a brief description of their entire career/life of their characters as well.

Disclaimer: I'll announce when these are all happening so don't PM any information just yet as I'll probably lose/delete it. When I need your help, I'll ask you in a PM.

Superstar Spotlight - Prophet
Memory Lane - Showtime
Magazine Front Cover Graphics - Shotaro

Everything else was done by me, except for the voting on the Top 5... that was you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back