WZCW Drama

As a qualified statistician, I could validate Coco's suggestion, although I don't know if that would clash with my current honours thesis "Figuring Out Why Everyone Likes Ty Burna's RPs Since I Find Them Alright But Not Super Dooper Amazing"
The only way I'm getting through my stats course this semester is daydreaming about how to quantify who the greatest draw of all time is.

Even in my daydreams, chapter after chapter, it's still Hogan.

Shame he can't climb a ladder.

In 7th grade we looked at drops of scummy pond water under a microscope. I remember it well because I had a particularly interesting drop of scummy pond water. There were all sorts of microorganisms floating around including a tiny little crustacean egg which my biology teacher found super fascinating.

Then at the end of class we wiped off the slides and dumped the scummy pond water out in a bush outside of the school and never thought about what happened to all of the life that was swimming around in it.

If you look closely enough anything can be interesting. That doesn't mean it actually is.
We're talking about my WZCW meltdown now, aren't we?

We're talking about my WZCW meltdown now, aren't we?

If WZCW is a drop of scummy pond water, your meltdown is definitely the super interesting crustacean egg.

This one is a single celled organism about to get eaten by another single cell organism.

This thread is literally a carbon copy of the one Pancake made like six months ago. Not saying you're stealing material Prophet, just saying it's just as pointless.

I dunno.

Don't remember seeing it. I didn't read anything WZCW from the moment I left in 2013 and only started again when I joined in December 2015.

I dunno.

Don't remember seeing it. I didn't read anything WZCW from the moment I left in 2013 and only started again when I joined in December 2015.

Search it up. I'm basically accused of the same thing you're doing to Killjoy accept it wasn't provoked and nothing was solved, much like this one.

Pancake had no points outside of not liking Dynamite. This one had meat but it's been corroded away. Never talked to Killjoy before this though which is new I guess.

Meet again in 6 months? Who wants to make a prediction on what that'll be?

Pancake had no points outside of not liking Dynamite. This one had meat but it's been corroded away. Never talked to Killjoy before this though which is new I guess.

Meet again in 6 months? Who wants to make a prediction on what that'll be?

It'll be me. Live Mas really is the worst thing to happen to e-fed wrestling.

I got a bit snarky at Live Mas doing what they did, nominating KJ and Yaz for biggest mark was a bit of a jab (sorry Yaz (KJ you still deserved it that year because lucha ;) )). Everyone liked Cerberus though, right?

I got a bit snarky at Live Mas doing what they did, nominating KJ and Yaz for biggest mark was a bit of a jab (sorry Yaz (KJ you still deserved it that year because lucha ;) )). Everyone liked Cerberus though, right?
I am the biggest mark for Lucha around here. Especially if it's under the ground.

I am the biggest mark for Lucha around here. Especially if it's under the ground.

I honestly cannot remember if that was even on the air that year. You turned it around after that "Triplemania was actually shit" thread though :p

Well that petered out quick.

Might as well lock the thread now. If only we had a spam mod.

I've been around here longer than you, I know why the people leave. You're full of shit.

Do you? Because, and I say this out of love I still hold for my WZCW days, he talks about the same kind of things I got sick of.

It is creative's job to feature as many people as they can, and the shows should advertise their RPs for the people who aren't on creative and don't read every single RP every single round.

This actually made sense.

My opinion on all of this is that this thread was in very poor taste.

You bringing up the term "poor taste" is an incredibly slippery slope that you're better off not hanging around on.

It's scared at least 1 person off the fed (possibly more). We want people to join not be scared off because of shit like this

It sounds to me that one problem is that there is too many people as it is to keep everyone involved. Or at least that Creative is having difficulty juggling them. Adding more people is probably the last thing that matters at this point.

You seemed adamant to push for everybody getting a speaking role as if this helped make a show better. It doesn't. It makes it a dull read and can take away from the superstars that actually have a feud they're working on.

Shows are far and away the most dull part of E-Fed. The only matches or segments I stopped to read were the ones I knew the Creative guys were passionate about for one reason or another.

Your desire for more dialogue, segments, etc for the guys that have nothing going on is not a terrible thing. It just doesn't sound like something enjoyable to read.

See above.

That's why actual wrestling shows focus so much on story arcs and "the bigger guys".

Here's the thing: YOU AREN'T WRITING AN ACTUAL WRESTLING SHOW.

This is the one thing Creative has always done, regardless of staff, that makes me cringe. You are not writing fucking RAW; this is an e-fed. What makes for good TV does not necessarily make for good cooperative creative experiences.

Who do you think you are writing these shows for anyway? Why do you need to focus on "the bigger guys"? You aren't competing for ratings. The only people you should be trying to please are the people you are each other. This doesn't mean "let everyone win everything forever@!", but it does mean prioritizing inclusion over trying to be like actual wrestling.

If you want that kind of e-fed, just go start a Book This! already. This fed, its members and shows, have ALWAYS benefited from breaking conventions.

Or maybe this could be solved just by WZCW members PMing each other about potential feuds and then telling us so we don't have to write some boring shit to appease people.

I'm sorry, who is the Creative member here?

And I'm also sorry if you find it boring to appease the people that give you a reason to be writing your shows in the first place.

When getting constructive criticism, we expect the constructive part as well as the criticism.

That's not how that works. His suggestions are constructive in that he wasn't just telling you what he didn't like, he told you why and what he thought could be done about it.

It can be argued that you used nothing but the latter.

See above. Also, he facilitated further dialogue about areas that can be improved and long-running faults in the way shows are made. Constructive doesn't mean "sugar-coated".

If you're asking for wrestlers without feuds to get more screentime you'll be getting the same segments over and over again.

Please do not ignore how I pointed out how much it helps Creative to get things rolling if members actually talked to one another about creating feuds and tell us.

I don't know about other Creative members, but it sounds like you are too focused on trying to run a facsimile TV show rather than an E-Fed. Every gripe of yours attempts to shift the blame for a lack of inspiration onto the RP writers when they've already put in a substantial body of creative work.

DirtyJosé;5418697 said:
You bringing up the term "poor taste" is an incredibly slippery slope that you're better off not hanging around on.
I'm not afraid to talk about my past. A lot of if not all the shit I did before I left was in incredibly poor taste. The phrase I was a massive cunt comes to my mind fairly often when I read old Barroom threads I was a part of.

Some may call it a slippery slope but I've become smart enough not to go down it.

I'm not afraid to talk about my past.
Hh5P2gk.gif

DirtyJosé;5418697 said:
Here's the thing: YOU AREN'T WRITING AN ACTUAL WRESTLING SHOW.

This is the one thing Creative has always done, regardless of staff, that makes me cringe. You are not writing fucking RAW; this is an e-fed. What makes for good TV does not necessarily make for good cooperative creative experiences.

Who do you think you are writing these shows for anyway? Why do you need to focus on "the bigger guys"? You aren't competing for ratings. The only people you should be trying to please are the people you are each other. This doesn't mean "let everyone win everything forever@!", but it does mean prioritizing inclusion over trying to be like actual wrestling.

If you want that kind of e-fed, just go start a Book This! already. This fed, its members and shows, have ALWAYS benefited from breaking conventions.

Except that is the mentality of not only Creative, but regular members. This is why we have All Stars. You know that.

And I do have an e-fed over in The Writing Gallery. Though it's nowhere near as made for TV as you would expect from me in this conversation.

I'm sorry, who is the Creative member here?

The guy that wants to see people have fun and put in matches they want instead of the ones Creative just figures they should be in.

And I'm also sorry if you find it boring to appease the people that give you a reason to be writing your shows in the first place.

Directionless characters are boring. Who knew?

I don't know about other Creative members, but it sounds like you are too focused on trying to run a facsimile TV show rather than an E-Fed. Every gripe of yours attempts to shift the blame for a lack of inspiration onto the RP writers when they've already put in a substantial body of creative work.

I phased my own personal thoughts out of this discussion, for I am in agreement with Prophet on several things if you bothered to read our chat in its entirety. I was only telling him why Creative could be acting "pissy", which was the entire reason I responded the way I did. So no, I'm not focused on creating a television show or blaming anyone for Creative's shortcomings. I only provided a suggestion most Creative members already knew about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back