WWE Warns Fans To Behave At The Hall Of Fame Or You Get Kicked Out.

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
This is a Email that got sent to all fans attending the Hall Of Fame.

Welcome to Wrestlemania 27 weekend and the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony!!!

The Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is an upscale event. Please follow a business casual dress code.

In addition, please show the proper respect to the WWE Superstars and Hall of Fame Inductees when they are on stage speaking. There will be no inappropriate behavior, cat calls or chants of any kind tolerated at all. Violation of this policy will result in immediate ejection from The Philips Arena. Please consider this email your one and only warning.

Thank you and enjoy the 2011 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Wrestlemania 27.

WOW that one is a bit over the top so they can not chant anything at all? And they got told about the dress code a day before the event!!!

Makes perfect sense to me. This is a Hall of Fame ceremony, not too much to expect those in attendance to not show up looking like a bunch of dirtbags. And based upon what we saw at the WM press conference the other day, I don't think it is too much to ask the fans to be a little respectful of the people being inducted, rather than have them tarnish the evening by chanting at Cena like they did. At Wrestlemania itself, fill your boots. Cheer, boo, do whatever you like, but not at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Perfectly logical. They're just notifying people to show up and be presentable and respectful. It's a "ceremony" and no place for snarky bs. :shrug:

The odds of them being able to stop ALL chants of any kind are slim to zero. Chants are a part of what make it special, it wouldn't be the same without it. Just tell them to have respectful chants or whatever, not that hard.

If it's because of what happened in the press conference, I can understand it. It's a ceremony and it deserves respect. But the conference was in NYC. Atlanta is totally different. I doubt it'll go the same route.

I'm pretty sure it's implied with disrespectful chants. Pretty sure they won't be able to (or willing) to stop the Inevitable "one more match" chant directed at Shawn michaels. Zero problems with this regardless.

None of the rules these people have to follow are unreasonable. Don't dress like an idiot, and don't act like an idiot. This isn't a wrestling show. Seems pretty simple. I can't remember the exact year, but one crowd in particular sticks out to me as being extra stupid (too many chants, wouldn't stop hooting and hollering, etc.). Anyone know which year I'm talking about?

Um yes, has to be. It went on for ten fucking minutes before he could even speak. Literally, about 10 minutes of nothing but people going fucking bonkers.

But yes, I like this. the fans make it about them, and not about the person being honored, and it gets to be a bit much at times.

Yeah, 2005, with Hogan. I seem to remember the crowd in 2009 (for Austin) being quite shitty too. I shouldn't say shitty, more selfish than anything. Constant chants, random screams during actual speeches, etc.

I don't mind those rules at all. The least the inductees deserve is to be respected while they are trying to say their speeches. This is the one night in WWE where it actually isn't about the fans, it's about the men and women being honored and inducted into the HOF.

Does anyone know if they are doing what they did last year and the year before (I think) when it comes to the inductees speeches? I know they had a time limit on how long they could be on stage but I haven't heard about any sort of limit this year. I know that they don't have enough time sometimes to give the inductees however much they want to say what they want because they have to edit the taping for the airing on USA, but it would be great if they could find a way to give them as much time as they want to tell us stories and whatnot.

Pretty soon you are going to have to get a chip put in your brain while you are at a WWE event.

I understand what they are trying to accomplish but the wording is atrocious if that is your goal.

You know, I'm sure companies hold little events like these to honor an exceptional employee for his retirement, and they likely don't sell tickets. What I'm thinking is that the fans should be grateful that they get to attend the event and be respectful to the people who are getting their final moment in the sun. For once, it isn't about the fans. Fuck em if they don't like it.

Anybody remember the Orndorf induction, he was basically getting booed the whole time. I'm all for kicking out "fans" that do that sort of thing.

Orndorff deserved to be booed, he's a fucking asshole.

Yes SD, when TNA gets a Hall Of Fame I'm sure that's what they WON'T do.

What? Not allow the fans that bought tickets to express excitement over a star they enjoyed who is getting honored? All in the name of fitting tv time a little more smoothly? Sorry but this is a tacky move, especially at the last minute. People can hide behind the "this is only for 'rude' chants" bs but that clearly isn't the entire scope of the report.

What? Not allow the fans that bought tickets to express excitement over a star they enjoyed who is getting honored? All in the name of fitting tv time a little more smoothly? Sorry but this is a tacky move, especially at the last minute. People can hide behind the "this is only for 'rude' chants" bs but that clearly isn't the entire scope of the report.

When you buy tickets to a show, you agree to certain rules at the show--i.e not being boisterously loud and obnoxious, taking away other people's enjoyment of the show. This is a private event you have to buy tickets for, they aren't required to give them an outlet for free speech of some bullshit, they should be happy they get to see a ceremony they could have done in private without you getting a chance to hear the HOF speeches and see all the old guys at all.

You act like people's personal freedoms are being ignored, and that's not the case. Is it seriously that hard for a large crowd of wrestling fans to not chant "Fuck You Cena" during a speech or something?

The thing is, they do this every year. It's not some new thing they just threw at them this year, it's the same thing they have been doing.

They should sit there and be grateful that they get to share this moment. If they feel it necessary to act like asses and fuck up someone's moment, they need to get their punk asses booted.

shattered dreams said:
People can hide behind the "this is only for 'rude' chants" bs but that clearly isn't the entire scope of the report.

Is it seriously that hard for a large crowd of wrestling fans to not chant "Fuck You Cena" during a speech or something?

If they feel it necessary to act like asses and fuck up someone's moment, they need to get their punk asses booted.

No chants of any kind is what it said. If they want such a ceremony why would they hold it in front of an arena full of people? This isn't a symphony.

No chants of any kind is what it said.

And yet they didn't kick people out or punish them for chanting, at all. There hasn't been a single, solitary report from anyone who attended the show saying that anyone was kicked out for chanting rude things or any chanting in general. There were tons of chants, and we'll see tons of chants on the broadcast on USA tomorrow night.

If they want such a ceremony why would they hold it in front of an arena full of people? This isn't a symphony.

Cool job at totally not even addressing the vast majority of my post in which I already explained to you that this is a private event, and asking the attendees not to be obnoxiously loud and boisterous is fully within their rights.

Do you just sit at home, twiddling your thumbs waiting for anything remotely negative to come out about the WWE so you can try and use it to validate your misguided beliefs about the company and preference for TNA? Seriously, there is a ton of shit much better than this you could be criticizing them for, shit that actually matters and affects people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back