WWE War Games!?!?

ive watched plenty and with the exception of all these thrown together tag teams, there havent been any factions other than Legacy and there are rumors of them getting split up. Who knows what the state of Raw/SmackDown/ECW will be in late Spring of 2010 especially with the Draft looming overhead.

I really do hope to see WarGames. Hope we're not getting bamboozled by Vince and Co. Other than seeing Sting in WWE, this is on top of things in WCW we wanna see in WWE!

Dream WarGames match with the rosters we have now.....

Raw- Randy Orton, DX and John Cena
SmackDown- UnderTaker, Batista, Jericho, Edge (he should return by Wargames time)

I think it would be great and im voting for it but then again it is yet another gimmick PPV and that would make a total of 8 gimmick PPV's now! (Extreme Rules, NOC, Breaking Point, HIAC< Bragging rights, TLC and Elimination Chamber plus WarGames if it goes ahead). Hopefully tho they will take out the unsuccesful gimmick ones and we could have like 3 a year (Extreme Rules, No Way Out and WarGames and WarGames would be a great one of them!

Should they run with it, I have the feeling it'll be a name recognition thing only. The ECW name is only being used because it's established. Either that, or it'll be a bastardization of what War Games was.
I hope I'm wrong.

MultiMania?? Wow

War games is a good idea, much better than the concepts ideas they are coming with these day. But I guess they`ll just use the name but not the concept, hope I`m wrong tho.

i think i am gonna reserve judgement for now!

i think it is a ploy to lure a wider audience in of old school wrestling fans, especially by using the wargames and night of champions names. It could be good, but it is really encroaching on other products already in place. Just like bragging rights is very similar to survivor series (how stupid is that?) this seems like a survivor series/elimnation chamber type combo. I know old school fans will love it because it will be like the old days but for the kid audience their aiming at, its just another survivor series match in a different setting.

Fingers crossed I am wrong

I hope the fans do the smart thing here and vote for War Games. While I'm not a fan of all of these changing PPV names, a War Games PPV would be fan-fucking-tastic, and is something that some of us have been waiting for since WCW went out of business. Vince has always refused to use it because it's not one of his ideas, and obviously that means it's not very good by his logic. This could be great if done correctly though.

Knowing the fans though, the PPV will likely end up with the name "Steel Cage Matches!" or something to that effect.

Dude, fucking ace. Well, sort of. On one hand, too little too late. How much sicker would "Barging rights" be if it was War games instead? Much. On the other hand....if they saturate us with gimmicks anymore, they are just gonna become entirely meaningless. They have already greatly diminished the profile of HIAC, so I fear this will be just another desensitizing show. the WWE is turning into fucking Slamball. Im ALL for this, if they cut back some of the other gimmicks. No-go if we stay with this different gimmick every month shit.

The WWE tried to impliment a few WCW ppv's, correct?

I think War Games would be cool. But i think if they were to do so, they would make sure it is a WWE one and not like WCW.

It would be great to see War Games return. Hopefully we eventually can get a Best of War Games DVD. I'm still waiting for the original 1987 War Games in DVD quality!

Meh, how can anyone be optimistic about this at this point? Do we all remember what War Games is, a giant structure that hangs over not one, but two rings. You know what that means, a good chunk of floor seats that won't be sold and less money in McMahons pocket...

Okay, semiseriousness, as much as I like this idea, I take the Sting road and say, what exactly has the WWE done in the past 8 1/2 years to include and properly pay respect to something that came from WCW without taking a shit on it, stripping it down, and completely repackaging it WWE Style? I'm terrified at what the new War Games would be like.

It's a cool concept, but simply can't see it having the magic of the original, and simply can't see how it would end without Triple H standing dominate in yet another gimmick match type.

Why are we all assuming this could mean a War Games themed PPV? There's a strong possibility that this could be a simple name change.

If it is a War Games themed PPV, there's a possibility that they might do it right, but I doubt it.

War Games wouldnt work under the WWE banner. Reason being is that there aren't enough people on the roster i don't think to pull it off in a successful way... Triple H, HBK, Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, CM Punk, Orton, and Cena.....but if they were in it, what would they build the remainder of the show around???? Too many questions that can't be answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back