WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament

Finally caught up watching it today. Really fun matches and the venue was spectacular. Tate is so young and I hope the WWE doesn't ruin him, but who are we kidding here.

Will be interesting to see what transpires from this. Hoping to see him on NXT sooner rather than later. I did hear that all the competitors have some sort of contracts in place, so looks like we will see a fresh infusion of talent. Hat's off to the WWE for doing a stand up job. That Nigel fellow really needs to come over and replace Graves at NXT. He was wonderful on commentary.

I called Bate winning as soon as I fondid out he was 19 and people liked him. So about 15 minutes before the end of the last show. Now WWE can claim their youngest world champion was 19, but if the UK division is a failure they can buryou it fairly easy.

Really enjoyed it, but was honestly surprised at the overall lack of athleticism. Also, it seemed like about 70% of them "came from a rough part of X town".

The crowd made this tournament. Hopinh that, between the CW tournament and this, maybe Ospreay signs.

I actually was pleasantly surprised by this tournament. I was expecting it to be meh but I was really entertained throughout it all. Just really fun.

A WWF British championship was always something I dreamed of as a child. Now it is a reality! I'm so glad the company has opened their minds.

The tournament was also booked perfectly. The only change I would've made was to have Connors beat Andrews. Since Andrews was a TNA talent I just couldn't believe him having any shot at all.

But all of the participants were excellent! Wolfgang, Seven, Bate, Connors, Dunne all of them wore pretty generic attire but they all had their unique characters to them. It reminded me a lot of the Attitude era, ECW too I guess with he crowd and ballroom.

Bate was my favourite of the bunch, and I actually thought they would swerve with Dunne winning at the end. The comeback story just seemed too obvious. Of course still very happy for Bate and that they put faith in him, it's crazy to think he is 19 years old!

The Tyler Driver 97 is a genius name for the move. But I think his surname should have an s on the end. Bates is more common as a surname and just rolls off the tongue better in my view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back