WWE to start grading cities.

SMH and St. Louis is the only city of the top drawing cities not to host a Wrestlemania (Dallas is getting WM32). Unbelievable. A storied 13 year career, a sure fire hall of famer and no Wrestlemania in his hometown.

Just isn't right. Such an underrated mecca of professional wrestling, it should, without question, be the front runner sentimental favorite to host a Wrestlemania.

It should, but the EJD is a shit hole, and that is pretty much the only option.

Then again, if the weather is dependable, then there is no excuse for the Cardinals stadium not being in the running for it.

????

SHIT

Didn't realize this was in a non spamalam section.

Anyways, they haven't even taped TV on a regular basis at either of these places, so I don't really understand what/were/how this is all being compiled or what sense it makes to anything.

I know what you mean, we haven't had a RAW at the Air Canada Centre in forever now, but when they do it sells out right away and it's always a hot crowd. The Ricoh is where they do house shows and it's a sell out everytime as well.

We had two Mania's at Skydome but it's not on the list, but they might have been too long ago.

This is probably something they have "unofficially" done for a long time but now they are perhaps forming a "policy" about it so they can justify it during investor activity.

Internationally I don't think it will be as important as overseas shows generally sell out quickly cos of their rarity but it might be interesting to see how they'd grade the UK, Germany etc... In theory, the UK would be the A territory but with Dublin rising quickly it might not be the case, particularly once Balor is on the roster full time.

I agree, I'd be willing to bet money on WWE already doing something like this unofficially- how else do they decide where to hold their House Shows, TV Tapings, PPVs and put together a touring schedule??

It makes perfect sense to enable them to target the areas with more interest for their bigger shows, to bring in maximum revenue and higher crowd numbers. For example, if an area has a history of sub-par PPV attendences and poor crwod enthusiasm, why would WWE both holding a PPV there again- it would be sensible to hold a supercard in a city which is almost guaranteed to see out.

As Triple H keeps telling us... "That's best for business".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back