WWE TLC 2010 - Dolph (c) vs Kofi vs Swagger - Triple Threat Ladder Match IC Title

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile

At WWE: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler will put his title on the line against Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger in a Triple Threat Ladder Match. With the golden prize glistening overhead, the three Superstars will climb to new heights amidst the ultra-hazardous rungs of ruin.

In the Ladder Match, Ziggler, Kingston and Swagger will fight tooth-and-nail, struggling to ascend a ladder before their opponents in order to snatch victory and the coveted gold. In addition to the anticipated turmoil that accompanies a normal Triple Threat Match, the true X-factor will be to what extent the simple climbing device will be transformed into a weapon of “mat" destruction.

Although none of the three Superstars has even competed in a regular Ladder Match in WWE, they have all wielded the ladder while competing in intense Money in the Bank Ladder Matches.

Dolph Ziggler has become an extremely dangerous competitor since capturing the illustrious title from Kingston on the Aug. 6 edition of SmackDown. Aligning himself with his powerful girlfriend – SmackDown Official Consultant Vickie Guerrero – and through his expert utilization of both the sleeper hold and the Zig Zag, the bleach blond champion has truly become a force to be reckoned with. And after polishing his aggressive style in two Money in the Bank Ladder Match showdowns, Ziggler looks more than ready to rise to the extreme challenge.

The always-electrifying Kofi Kingston repositioned himself to reclaim the prestigious title from Ziggler, capturing the No. 1 contender opportunity with a hard-fought win over former World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger on SmackDown. However, feeling cheated out of an Intercontinental Title opportunity against Kofi, Swagger interfered with the Ziggler-Kofi title bout one week later.

Kingston’s explosive high-flying style is tailor-made for the high altitude insanity of the Ladder Match, something he has demonstrated in three ladder jousts in which he scaled the rungs for the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Speaking of the destiny changing ladder bout to bank on, Swagger has not only competed in the WrestleMania XXVI Money in the Bank Ladder Match, he triumphed – cashing in his prize to capture the World Heavyweight Championship. Simply put, Swagger knows how to use the ladder to attain championship gold. And with his infamous ankle lock and an arsenal of technically superior maneuvers at his disposal, Swagger could quite possibly walk out of WWE TLC with the title.

Which of the three Superstars will climb to glory? Find out at WWE TLC, live this Sunday, only on pay-per-view.

This should be a good match, all three are young and good in the ring and a ladder match should suit all three men. Kofi can use the ladders for some awesome high spots, Swagger can use his size and power to hurt people and they can play up his MITB win and Dolph can do a combination of both of those things.

As for this winner, I cant see anyone other than Dolph winning here. He has been having a great reign so far and he certainly isn't ready to lose it yet. Plus Swagger has been losing matches clean consistently and Kofi has had no direction since his previous Ziggler feud finished so neither of them are really believable to take the title at the moment.

What are your thoughts on the match?
Will Ziggler retain?
Will there be awesome high spots?
Will it be a good match?

I would like to see Swagger win... because Swagger has been kinda... off the radar since he lost the World Title, but I definitelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy agree, this match will be amazing.

This one's a tuffy. All I know is all three of these guys have been going out there week after week putting on great matches with whomever they're facing. Any man who wins this deserves to win this. Kofi and Jack have great chemistry together as well as kofi and Dolph. Anyone who wins this would deffinatly bring some prestige back to the title. Although I don't really care who wins this because all are great athletes, I'm leaning towards Jack Swagger. He's been getting a lot of heat by from IWC since his world championship failure, bring the Intercontinental title to him would get back some respect he's lost. Unlike the world title, the IC holder doesn't need to be a top draw. All the holder needs is to be able to put on great match and that works perfect for Swagger. He's a great worker along with Dolph and Kofi. Anyone could win this, and whoever does I'm fine with.

Ziggler has had a great run as champion, but he's grown slightly stale. Kofi is a former 3 time IC Championship, so this belt theoretically does nothing for him. So that brings us to Jack Swagger.

Swagger has wallowed in mediocrity and absurdity since losing the World Title. He's adopted a mascot and hasn't beaten anyone not named Kaval. His interference in last week's title match between Kofi and Dolph and subsequent addition to said match is an obvious sign that they want to put the belt on Swagger.

As for the match, it should be excellent. Kofi and Dolph have worked together a thousand times and havent had a bad match. The addition of a great worker like Swagger could serve to enhance this match. Im generally not a fan of triple threats, but these three workers could actually make it better then a singles match. The addition of a ladder should make for alot of exciting high spots.

I see this match going to Swagger. A scenario could easily play out where Kofi has Ziggler down and out and is climbing the ladder, and Swagger climbs in the ring after lying in wait. He tips the ladder, and becomes new IC champion. This should be a fun match and I see Swagger walking out the new IC Champ.

new champ PLEASE!!!!!!! Dolph ziggler sucks and jack or kofi need to win because both deserve it.I try to watch SD but puke after seeing Vickie.

I've become a fan of Ziggler ever since he's been champion, and I love his in ring work. I would like to see Ziggler retain, but at the same time I realize he's had a great run with the title and it could be time to have a new champion in for the new year. Kingston, I've never been a big fan of, I still think he's solid in the ring but him as champion doesn't do anything for me. Swagger on the other hand, I'm hoping and picking him to win the title. He had an awful run at the world title, and after that he's looked weak. I don't know why Kingston has won two matches over him, and although WWE wants him to look strong, I feel he's looking rather weak. I thought Swagger would be a main eventer, especially with the weak Smackdown main event, but he hasn't been able to "step it up" anytime he gets a chance. Have him win the IC title and see where it takes him, I would be interested to see how he does as an IC champion. Seems to be the perfect title fit for him after that world title run convinced me he isn't world title material yet.

This match could very well steal the show. It should be a damn fine match and I very much like the idea of a three way feud for the IC title. Haven't seen that in a while.

I think that Dolph Ziggler has done a great job as champ and he's improved a lot over the course of his reign. I like that SmackDown! has had Ziggler defend the title a load of times on free television as I think it's helped to paint Ziggler in something of a different light. I'd personally like to see Ziggler retain the title here though I won't be a bit surprised if Kofi comes out champ again.

Wow. Is WWE really trying to bring IC's title prestige back? I mean, a ladder match for mid card title? seems Awesome. I got a feeling that Swagger will win, because Kofi held the title 2 or 3 times, and Dolph should be pushed somewhere higher. And also Swagger's been doing nothing since his World championship reign (that was a f'n fail) so would be nice to see him with title again.

I really think it's time for a new champion but with that said, it could go to either of them. Kofi has already held the IC title multiple times so it really wouldn't do anything for his career but Swagger was a former World champion so they might not want to give him a mid-card title (not like he has been doing anything lately).

I'm very excited for this match, it could easily steal the show. Kofi is a great high flyer and will take advantage of the ladder match (and probably end up amazing us like every MITB match he has been in). Swagger should be good in a ladder match too. I'm more interested in the match than who wins, as all of these superstars are good competitors.

tough call here. i like all three as athletes. i mean, i hate Swagger and Ziggler right now, but that's because they're heels. thus, they're doing a great job. and it's impossible to deny their obvious talents in the ring and even on the mic.

i actually enjoyed Swagger's WHC reign as far as his development was concerned. the booking that followed was not the strongest, but the same can be said of both of Sheamus' WHC reigns. so that does happen and it's not unique to Swagger.

since that time, he's really grown on me. i'd like to see Swagger win this as he has great chemistry in the ring with a number of possible and future contenders, including Mysterio, Ziggler, Kofi, Edge, etc. i doubt Mysterio and Edge would ever fight for the IC title again, but it is possible.

and to answer the OP, yes, i do believe that we'll see Kofi do something of a crazy spot in this match. i'd think that it gets harder each time he does a ladder match to think of how to up his game, but i still think that he can and will.

also, if Ziggler loses the IC title here, is it possible that he'll start turning face...? or maybe if Kofi loses yet another title shot and yet another opportunity, will he turn more aggressive and go heel...?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger: At last a good ol' triple threat mid card ladder match!

Jack Hammer said it, this one could steal the show, in fact I'm putting my money on it. I have really high expectations with this one. Kofi really knows how to work with a ladder, he can do crazy things with a ladder. While Ziggler doesn't have the experience with ladders (or at least it doesn't seems to me that way), I think he has a really good chemistry with Kofi, therefore I can only expect to Kofi in some way carry Ziggler as far the ladder spots goes. Now, Swagger is...well, lame. So I don't expecting him to do anything impressive, however he has been putting some serious good matches with Kofi.

As far the winner is concern, I think you guys are forgetting someone out of the picture: "EXCUSE ME" but I think Vickie is going to have some kind of role here. Ziggler is going to win he's not going anywhere without the title and I don't think he is getting stale. Winner: Doplph Ziggler.

I personally am hoping Kofi takes this match and becomes Intercontinental Champion. I think this will give Kingston the push that (in my opinion) I feel he deserves. Don't get me wrong...I don't think he'll be pushed to the Heavyweight Title. I think his push will just be a mild one...but a push nonetheless.

I think along with Morrison vs. Sheamus, this promises to be the most exciting match of the night. All three superstars have competed in Money in the Bank matches, and Swagger even won one at Mania. Furthermore this is not a match where upon going in you know who the winner will be. I'd say that this is a match that creative won't book a winner for until a few hours before the PPV starts. All three men have something to gain by winning this match as all of them have been knocking on the door of main event status for a while.

Jack Swagger seems like the misfit in this match as he is much larger than both Kingston and Ziggler, and therefore potentially less agile. But let's not forget that strength is a huge asset in ladder matches. While we may not see The All American American doing any moonsaults from the top step, I don't doubt we'll see one of his competitors Gutwrench Powerbombed onto a ladder.

Kofi Kingston has more going for him than his overwhelming charisma. He's been on fire in the ring as of late, picking up consecutive wins over Swagger and scoring the winning pin in a tag match with Daniel Bryan against DiBiase and Ziggler last night. Trouble in Paradise is a sweet move that can be used in many situations, and Kofi's leaping ability promises to give us some jaw dropping high risk moments. It must be getting hard for WWE creative to ignore the massive pops Kofi gets from the audience for everything he does, so look for him to be booked strong in this match.

Dolph Ziggler Has had quite a run as Intercontinental Champ, and retaining at TLC would be the biggest notch in his belt yet. Dolph has competed in two Money in the Bank matches, so he's no stranger to ladders. Furthermore, Dolph has quietly become one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch, and his matches with both Kofi and Bryan have been immensely entertaining. The guy has a great mat game, is very creative, and has a convincing mean streak in him. Look for him to hit some huge moves late in this one.

In the end, I think Jack Swagger is going to win his first Intercontinental Title in this match. Jack Swagger has been talking big for months and has little to show for it, and winning the title at a PPV will give him even more to run his mouth about. Furthermore, it allows him to continue his feud with Kofi, which has provided us with some quality matches so far. Look for Kofi to take Ziggler out with a big move, and then Swagger to Gutwrench Powerbomb Kofi onto, or perhaps even through a ladder, giving him the opportunity to grab the prize at the top of the ladder.

This is bound to be a pretty good match. We have 2 people that are fairly well both in the air as well as on the ground, mixed with a semi-powerhouse in Jack Swagger.

This is bound to create some high impact wrestling. Very back and forth, and will probably go on to become the match of the night.

Hoping for a Dolph Ziggler retain. He's still pretty interesting with the championship, and Kofi really shouldn't be the guy to go back to gaining the championship, and I don't see Jack winning the belt right now when he's just started challenging for it.

Another IC Title match that could be deemed match of the night. Kofi and Dolph don't seem to have bad matches together - so I'm excited for these two being in the match. Add in Swagger with a powerhouse kinda role and you could have a great Triple Threat match even without the ladders.

As for the winner, I've enjoyed Dolph as champion. He's defended it well and on multiple occasions. He's looked strong as champion and I like him having the title, it just seems right.
Although as for Kofi and Swagger winning it. It does nothing for Kofi except make him a 4-time IC Champion. Swagger winning it is good for Swagger. He needs the refuel from his boost early on in the Summer but after the PPV - Dolph vs Swagger for the title re-match? Heel vs Heel? Wouldn't work - even if one of them turned face.

Ziggler to retain.

This should be an amazing match. All three of these men work very well together, and they should give us a high quality match here. I think Dolph will retain here. He's been having an outstanding reign as the Intercontinental Champion, and I just can't see WWE putting the gold on Kofi again. Swagger has seemed to re gain some momentum, but I don't think he'll win this either. Swagger's push has been kind of streaky, so I don't think WWE is ready to put the gold on him just yet.

I think that this will be a Very Good Match and all three of these guys work well together and I have little doubt that we won't get a high quality match. Ziggler has a good reign with the Intercontinental Belt and I wouldn't be shocked if he lost if the belt here, I would really like him to keep the belt here but I could see them giving the belt to Kofi again, If Ziggler does lose I rather have Swagger win then Kofi. This should be a really good match.

As long as Dolph Ziggler doesn't have the title, I'm happy. He's incredibly annoying. I know that's part of his gimmick or whatever, but he seems legitimately annoying.

So we've got a triple threat match for the IC title? Cool. All three guys have held midcard titles before. Swagger is a former world champion. How good would it be for the IC title's prestige for a former world champ to hold it? I'd rather see Swagger hold the US title but its on Raw. Come on though, he would be the all american american united states champion champion. Lol. Kofi has held this belt before but i think he will win because he is a better champion than Ziggler who has had such a boring reign. Should be a fun match and i think it will open the show.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kofi Kingston will win the Intercontinental Championship.

As has been said already, i feel this match really could steal the show. I mean, whats not to love about a triple threat IC title match, let alone a ladder match, and Ziggler is just awesome to watch.

Hoping for Ziggler to retain here, but i wouldn't be surprised if Kofi won. I definitely don't see Swagger winning here though. If Kofi wins, having a Face champ would open up possible title opportunities for Drew, Cody Rhodes and maybe even T-Reks i guess.

If Ziggler drops the strap, i have no idea where he goes from here, a mid card feud somewhere i guess. I wanna see more Daniel Bryan vs Ziggler matches though, so i hope he retains here and we might get a unification match of some sort down the track.

For Swagger, i see him almost winning here, but ultimately losing. My hope for him is that when Edge eventually wins the WHC, that Swagger gets back in the picture, unless they decide to make Edge heel, but thats a whole new topic.

My Prediction: Ziggler Retains, possibly with help from Vickie/Kaitlyn

Much like the other ladder matches, I expect this to be a very good match. Kofi and Swagger have the ladder match experience and they all have the physical tools to put on an incredibly entertaining match.

This ones a bit tough when choosing a winner. I can see Kofi getting his hands on another IC title, but Ziggler has had a great reign and I can see it continuing into the new year. You also definitely cant count Swagger out. But the problem I have with Swagger is where does it go from there. I'm gonna go with Kofi winning because with a roster full of heels, Kofi winning sets up some potentially good feuds to start off next year.

Ziggler has had a great run as champion, but he's grown slightly stale. Kofi is a former 3 time IC Championship, so this belt theoretically does nothing for him. So that brings us to Jack Swagger.

Swagger has wallowed in mediocrity and absurdity since losing the World Title. He's adopted a mascot and hasn't beaten anyone not named Kaval. His interference in last week's title match between Kofi and Dolph and subsequent addition to said match is an obvious sign that they want to put the belt on Swagger.

As for the match, it should be excellent. Kofi and Dolph have worked together a thousand times and havent had a bad match. The addition of a great worker like Swagger could serve to enhance this match. Im generally not a fan of triple threats, but these three workers could actually make it better.

I see this match going to Swagger. A scenario could easily play out where Kofi has Ziggler down and out and is climbing the ladder, and Swagger climbs in the ring after lying in wait. He tips the ladder, and becomes new IC champion. This should be a fun match and I see Swagger walking out the new IC Champ.

I missed this one too. As has been played out many times before, I assumed the addition of the third man into the match would assure said challenger would walk out of the match with the belt. This seemed too short for an opener, especially a ladder match. The finish worked in the same way it did for Miz in allowing Ziggler to gain an opportunistic win. A very clever finish that should allow this 3 way feud to likely continue to Smackdown. Good match, but too short to be anything special. There was no chance Vickie was taking that bump off the ladder, but they did a good job of selling it like she would. Dolph is entering his 5th month as IC Champion and while I thought this was a good time for a change, he's been a great champion and very opportunistic, with tonight being no different. Overall, this was a quality ladder match that could have used a few more minutes to feel special. **.5/5.

Man I loved this match.

Very back and forth, I always love myself a ladder match of agile people, and it doesn't hurt to have the "technical power-house" in Jack Swagger included.

Dolph Ziggler retaining on a "technicality" made this match for me. I said from the beginning that I wanted to see Dolph retaining, and this way it made all 3 look great, while allowing Dolph to weasel his way out of it once again, like every non-powerhouse dominant heel would be taking the opportunity to do.

Great match, not as great as I would've expected it to be, because it wasn't the match of the night, but I'd say it's due to some of the other matches being great rather than something being taken away from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back