WWE Survivor Series 2010 - Randy Orton (c) vs. Wade Barrett - WWE Championship

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart

At Survivor Series, Nexus leader Wade Barrett will once again clash with WWE Champion Randy Orton for sports-entertainment’s top prize in a match officiated by none other than John Cena. As stipulated by Raw’s anonymous General Manager, there will be no count-outs and no disqualifications in this high-stakes encounter.

Barrett earned the right to choose the special guest referee in this WWE Title rematch on Monday Night Raw, when his intervention in a bout between Cena and Orton led to The Viper’s disqualification. Ultimately, Barrett chose Cena to don the black-and-white stripes, decreeing that if Cena raises Barrett’s hand in victory at Survivor Series, the nine-time World Champion will be freed from The Nexus.

However, if the Nexus leader doesn’t win, then Cena will be fired. As much as Barrett’s motives run contrary to Cena’s basic virtues of hustle, loyalty and respect, being partial to Barrett in this bout will guarantee the Legendary star his freedom. Defiance will result in Cena saying farewell to the WWE Universe once and for all.

Should Cena award Barrett the WWE Title at Survivor Series, this will be the second time he has helped The Nexus capture championship gold. At WWE Bragging Rights, Cena shockingly teamed up with David Otunga to win the WWE Tag Team Titles, championships that were later turned over to fellow arm-banded rebels Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater. This victory has only fueled Barrett’s thirst for the WWE Title and the power that comes with it.

Even though the odds are clearly stacked against Orton, The Viper – a six-time WWE Champion – has established himself as one of the most dominant and dangerous competitors in WWE history. As the critically injured Chris Jericho and any number of Superstars can attest, one does not tempt the animalistic aggression of WWE’s Apex Predator.

With liberation from The Nexus on the line, will Cena help Barrett win his first WWE Title? Or will a three-count for Orton signal the end of Cena’s WWE career? Find out by tuning in to Survivor Series, Nov. 21, only on pay-per-view.

Let's keep all discussions/predictions for this match in here. I will start it out by posting some of my thoughts below.

This is interesting. I didn't expect WWE to go for the "be all, end all" this early in the Cena/Nexus story. But the stipulations made here clearly show that they are planning on ending the plot at Survivor Series.

I think this is going to turn out to be the easiest match of the night to call. Wade Barrett is pretty much guaranteed to win the championship here. I think WWE is banking more on how it will go down as opposed to will it go down. We will have a title change in opinion. And for a few reasons I believe:

1. They won't "fire" John Cena, not even in the "send him to Smackdown!" way.

2. Barrett is the prominently featured superstar for both the promo poster and video for the entire ppv.

3. Supposedly, Barrett was scheduled to actually take the strap at Bragging Rights but plans changed at the last minute. I could only imagine they changed because creative had this match with these stipulations in mind.

4. The big money match is clearly Barrett/Cena and adding a title to the mix will make it even more exciting and hot than it already is.

5. Not entirely sure where Orton would go from here but pretty damn positive that WWE is over this particular Orton championship run.

What do you guys think?

I actually dont know who to pick... As the UT/Kane feud taught me you cant rule anyone out, i i thought that taker was going to win every time because he always beats kane but kane won em' all.... So on one side we have barret and cena... I can see barret win and set cena free and have the eventual cena barret match at wm at which cena will finally win the title for the 10th time.... On the ohter I can see rko win as well, with reports saying tlhat Vince wants to make sd the number one brand, you would need the number one star so cena could be very well be headed to smackdown. But if i'm forced to make a pick then i'll choose Barret to win the strap here.

4. The big money match is clearly Barrett/Cena and adding a title to the mix will make it even more exciting and hot than it already is.

So if this happens, the Cena/Nexus program was basically a huge waste. What did they think they were going to accomplish by having him with Nexus in the first place? He still uses his own entrance music, wears his own clothes. The only thing different is that he has to wear a stupid armband that you can't see anyway.

i agree with pepentorresHHH.. i think vince wants cena to go to SD! so that it can become the no.1 brand.
i really thought that the cena/nexus angle was gonna go on for a while(elimination chamber) with cena winning the title only for miz to cash in.
then you could have a cena vs miz vs barrett triple threat match which would be awesome..
going back to the SD! angle,Cena could go on to win the world title only for Taker to return at WM to face Kane and a heel cena(unlikely cause cena has to be portrayed as superman and not the bad guy)

I can see Cena screwing Barrett and going after him causing Orton to win. After the match Barrett will "fire" Cena. Cena will start RAW off coming out happy. When Barrett comes out and tells him that he personally "fired" Cena last night, that he can't be here anymore, the GM rings in and tells Barrett that only HE can fire someone...NOT Barrett. Cena is granted his contract back, BUT is STILL part of Nexus. He should also makes a triple threat match with Cena vs Barrett vs Orton.

If WWE plays their cards right, they could start to turn Cena heel by this point, with him either going after Orton OR starting to protect Nexus. I really want Orton to have another month or 2 as champion as he hasn't done much while he's had the title, I DONT want to see him become a transitional champion just so Barrett can have it.

I'm really hoping now that Cena will screw Orton over and help Barrett win the WWE Championship, but at the same time, the thought of Cena changing brands to SmackDown by being "fired" on Raw sounds just as good. John Cena has been a fixture on Raw since 2005 I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) and he needs a change of some sort. Sure Edge just went to SmackDown and Cena being there would all but kill his momentum, but A Cena heel turn either way still looks possible.

As for the title match, I'd like to see Orton retain. He's on fire, the crowds hot for him. Yes he does heelish things, but in a way it reminds us of Stone Cold Steve Austin when Austin just laid everyone out with Stunners left and right. I hope Vince doesn't take the WWE Championship off him just yet. I also don't want Barrett getting the title soo soon in his career.

Well I could already see what was going to happen next. Cena will let Barrett win to get out of the Nexus then give him an AA. The only other thing I can see happening is him turning heel and screwing Orton over by maybe as he;s about to RKO Barrett take him down with an AA. Either way Barrett walks out champ and Cena is either No Longer in Nexus or Still in.

I think it will be Orton who is going to win. With the pattern in which WWE is currently heading the storyline, I saw some things sparkling out:
1. Otunga is not happy with Barrett
2. Inclusion of two new members in Nexus without Barrett's consent
3. Otunga pledged to Nexus, but not to Barrett.
4. Cena was happy with tag-team belt, even though it was won for Nexus.
5. Barrett overusing Nexus for his belt.
6. Deal with Kane for downing Undertaker.
7. WWE intends to turn Cena a heel soon.

By above points, I think this is the time when Cena will actually have a turn in this character from face to heel. With Otunga humiliated, he will certainly lead to Barrett's loss. To add to the twist, Otunga will appraise Cena over Barrett and other members will join in as well.
This may also be the case that Cena will become the new leader of Nexus and will throw Barrett out. This will lead to the ambition fulfilled by WWE.
This move is the best move till date. If Cena's heel-turn doesn't work, they will turn Nexus into face. This is a win-win situation for WWE.
In short, Survivor Series will finally see the dawn of heel Cena.

Well seems to me like they might go down the line of having a Anti-Nexus group, given the fact Otunga pledged to Nexus and there are three outcasts. You would basically end up with a rather tidy 5 v 5 feud.

I personally thing Orton will come out of it champion, Cena will get fired but sticks around coming out the crowd to help out the Anti-Nexus down the line. I can't see the angle just finishing just yet when there is bound to be the big payoff PPV match between Cena and Wade.

orton is going to win , cena won't take the " easy " way out like how he did with Batista . and it's not about cena and Barrett it's about the wwe title , they just threw in cena so he won't get dropped to midcard and nexus can't handle orton how they handled cena . it's obvious that Barrett and Kane are alliance so after survivor series some BIG is going to happen with raw and smackdown .. possibly a trade , Kane for cena hopefully .

Personally speaking I am suprised that they are allowing Wade Barret to headline which in effect is one of the major 4 WWE pay-per-views. I'm just not convinced that Barret is ready to carry the strap. Hell even his finishing move dosen't scream main event wrestler to me but hell that's just my opinion. Speaking and promo wise I think he has developed pretty impressively but I'm just unconvinced a WWE championship run is for him at this time.

Cena is the major player within WWE. Does anyone really believe that he is going to fired in any aspect or respect. Its just not happening!

Back to the point I can't see anything but a Barret win which will then lead to a CENA/BARRET fued and then CENA on the road to headlining WRESTLEMANIA. For those of you who may believe so I TOTALLY DO NOT see WWE gambling on Barret as a wrestlemania main event attraction/draw. For me it's a little too soon. Hell I'd rather have seen Sheamus never have dropped the strap and go on a dominating title run rather than loosing the strap and then pointlessly loosing to SANTINO (COMICAL) MARELLA! But thats another thread for another time!

Maybe Cena helps Barret getting the title, but then gives him the A,A to allow Miz to come out and cash in his money in the Bank. Therefore keeping his job and making sure Barret doesn't get the title.

The John Cena special referee stipulation is really the primary reason why I think this will be an exciting match. Other than that, I don't expect an incredible lot out of it. We've already seen Randy and Wade square off before, and they've managed to put on a fair match.

However, I don't really see Wade coming out champion in this one. I'm not expecting John Cena to screw Randy, and I'm not expecting Randy Orton to cleanly loose. Especially not at this point of his career where he is so incredibly over and gets one of the companies greatest reactions.

It'll be a fine match, but I'm rather certain that Randy Orton will walk out of Survivor Series as champion.

Ok I know this might sound a little far fetched to some of you guys.
I think that there in fact will be a new wwe champion crowned at survivor series. Yes it will be Wade Barrett but for only a couple of minutes! Why you might ask?
Because the Miz will cash in his money in the bank contract!
This is how it can possibaly play out. During the nexy few weeks on Raw we see Cena acting a bit misterious. Talking to someone behind closed doors etc... Cena will be questioned by Barrett but he does not give a difinitive answer. Everyone from Barrett to Cole keep wondering who might Cena be talking to. This continues up to the ppv.
We arrive at the ppv its time for the title match Wade vs Orton and ofcourse Cena is the guest ref. Near the end of the match Orton hits the rko on Barrett, he goes for the pin. Cena goes for the count but stops at 2. Cena and Orton start arguing. Barret hits Orton from behind and delivers his finisher waste land. Barret goes for the cover as cena slowly counts 123. Wade celebrates as Cena looks down with disgust. Cena the smiles looks at Wade and delivers two consecutive AAs. Cena then signal for Miz to come and cash in his contract.Miz delivers his finisher, pins barrett as Cena and Alex Riley fight of the Nexus. Which could lead to miz turning face as he tems up with Cena to take on nexus. Orton can turn heal.

Now I don't know if this means anything but Barrett said if he wins the title, Cena will be relieved of all duties to NEXUS, not Wade Barrett. I definately see Cena helping Wade win then just when Cena goes to walk away Barrett says "Where do you think you're going? Raise my hand" Cena says it's over and Barrett then says "I said you would be relieved of your duties to Nexus, not me." So now Cena must still do what Barrett says and the first thing Barret says is Cena is still a member of Nexus and must fully embrace it by wearing the colours (shirt, armband).

Ok I know this might sound a little far fetched to some of you guys.
I think that there in fact will be a new wwe champion crowned at survivor series. Yes it will be Wade Barrett but for only a couple of minutes! Why you might ask?
Because the Miz will cash in his money in the bank contract!
This is how it can possibaly play out. During the nexy few weeks on Raw we see Cena acting a bit misterious. Talking to someone behind closed doors etc... Cena will be questioned by Barrett but he does not give a difinitive answer. Everyone from Barrett to Cole keep wondering who might Cena be talking to. This continues up to the ppv.
We arrive at the ppv its time for the title match Wade vs Orton and ofcourse Cena is the guest ref. Near the end of the match Orton hits the rko on Barrett, he goes for the pin. Cena goes for the count but stops at 2. Cena and Orton start arguing. Barret hits Orton from behind and delivers his finisher waste land. Barret goes for the cover as cena slowly counts 123. Wade celebrates as Cena looks down with disgust. Cena the smiles looks at Wade and delivers two consecutive AAs. Cena then signal for Miz to come and cash in his contract.Miz delivers his finisher, pins barrett as Cena and Alex Riley fight of the Nexus. Which could lead to miz turning face as he tems up with Cena to take on nexus. Orton can turn heal.

You are thinking exactly what I was thinking.

Cena helps Barrett win. Cena then is freed and immediately lays out Barrett. Miz cashes in the title shot. Miz is the champion which sets up Miz v Orton and Cena v Barrett. Excellent scenerio. Not sure if anyone's ready for Miz to turn face yet though.

Pretty obvious what will happen really. Barrett has to win so Cena can be free. Barrett wins with Cena's help. Barrett gets on the mic whilst parading the title, telling Cena thank you for making this happen and he'll stay true to his word and Cena is now free. Cena then goes ballistic on Barrett, culminating in an STO and an AA. Cena heads off to cheers. Miz's music hits, cash in MITB, wins the title. Happy days for all the idiots who love Miz, like Cole. Hope I'm wrong.

This match is how the Miz ultimately gets the belt. Think about it, Cena-Barrett and Nexus angle is the perfect distraction.

In the storyline, Cena wants out of Nexus but he also doesn't want Barrett to be the Champion.

The WWE wants us to think Cena has no choice in the matter, either help Barrett win the belt, or get fired.

However, there is an out and this is how I see it happening:

Cena takes out or kicks out Nexus members during the match to make it seem fair. In the end, he helps Barrett win the title then he incapacitates Barrett and the Miz runs down and cashes in MITB. Cena, still in his referee garb, counts to 3 and then awards the belt to the Miz.

So, Cena is out of Nexus because he did help Barrett win the gold BUT Barrett leaves surivor series without the title.

They'll leave us all "surprised."

Thoughts?

i like the above comment, but u forget Orton will still be around the ring and i can picture Cena helping barrett then getting RKO'd

Heres what would make a good storyline if Cena would to cost Barrett the title again. barrett fires Cena and then next night on Raw Vince comes back saying no wrestler can fire another one leading to Vince rehiring or bringing back Cena. Cena comes out and now we got Vince Orton Cena going against Nexus . Which would eventually set up a Vince joining Nexus as the boss even if he was beat down and Cena joining down the road making it a Stone Cold move like with Invasion. then will see where Nexus Kane storyline goes if that ever comes back up and Undertaker once back take part on Orton side. get both brands involved which i think would be great. cause past Cena Nexus Orton kane everything else they are doing right now is plain. Put in good use for Kofi or MVP to help

SDS i dont think wwe is smart enough do something like that. they will either make it where cena will help barrett or what if Orton rko's cena and new ref comes down. but that would make it interesting but u got think what would Ortons part be in this because i dont think they would have him walk away without the title being screwed by Cena if not legit

Someone has to ask....

IF Orton had won...

JUST WHO IN THE HELL WOULD HE HAVE CHOSEN??

Could he have made Cena ref also??
I'm anticipating HHH's return at Survivor Series,I'm just not sure in what capacity.
Could he have kept it secret until survivor series and string Nexus along from week to week,Only to shock the hell out of them all at the PPV?
Nexus say that with their new numbers that they can threaten anyone's career...NOT if the guy is wielding a sledgehammer!!

Hopefully this should be a good match. As much as I love Barrett, I have to be honest that he's not great in the ring (he's competant, but he has fairly basic offence) and Randy is at times no better (forgive me if psyshology isn't near the top of my list of reasons to enjoy a match). However the stipulation, (no DQ, no Countouts) does help this one. The actual wrestling capacity of both men is borderline irrelevent because it's going to be a brawl (which Barrett can do), with the main selling point being the story, and what'll happen next (Cena vs Barrett for the WWE championship).

After reading some of the posts here, I'm in shock at how far-fetched some of these ideas are. While some are valid, others' imaginations of what their fantasy outcome will be seems to imply that either they're really young or just hallucinating. For those suffering from hallucinations, join the SES ("ha..ha..ha.").

Anyway, I don't believe it was mentioned yet but keep in mind that the initial Nexus angle began at the AmericanAirlines Arena during the viewer's choice Raw back in June, the same place where Survivor Series is just 4 weeks away. Perhaps that could play into this match. Either way, the stipulations make it quite interesting and depending on how things play out over the next few weeks, I'd be surprised if Barrett didn't win the title at Survivor Series.

I'm not particularly looking forward to the in ring aspect of this match because as AJ said both men are competent but not too much more. Thankfully though that isn't what this is about. This match is about drama and it will undoubtedly revolve far more around the Cena/Nexus angle than it will the two men actually in the match which is probably a good thing given what we saw at Bragging Rights.

As for the winner there is little doubt in my mind that Barrett will win this match for a few reasons. First off there is not a chance in hell Cena will be fired. Secondly Barrett is on a fucking roll, he deserves the WWE title and finally Randy Orton's title reign has been boring as hell. As for Cena I think that he will turn heel and decide to stay in the Nexus when he is given the option to leave saying that he has come to enjoy it.

Im a big fan so far of Barrett. Im hoping he wins the Strap :)

Im also a fan of Orton, but im done with him holding the title for a while.

Also a fan of The Miz... and want him to cash in and win.

So either way, I will be happy with Survivor Series unless Cena somehow supermans into the main event, and wins the title lol :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back