WWE Survivor Series 2010-Dolph Ziggler(C) VS Kaval-Intercontinental Championship

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member

From WWE.com

At Survivor Series, Kaval will rise up to challenge Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. But, has the enthusiasm of the dynamic “World Warrior” caused him to jump the gun?

Since coming to SmackDown, Kaval has struggled in his unwavering quest for success. Despite a tenacious attitude and some exciting moments, he had lost every one of his matches since joining the Friday night roster. His only triumph came when he won a spot on Team SmackDown at WWE Bragging Rights by heroically lasting five minutes with the gigantic Big Show – an honor the war torn Superstar lost minutes later after impulsively accepting a challenge from the unpredictable Tyler Reks.

But, Kaval’s fortune changed dramatically – just two days before Survivor Series – when he used his amazing athletic ability to turn the tides on Ziggler and pick up his first victory on SmackDown in a non-title match.

However, rather than take some time to think about his next move, the hasty grappler once again rushed into the fire. Leaping onto the broadcast table, he proclaimed that he was ready to use the championship opportunity he earned by winning WWE NXT season two to challenge Ziggler at WWE’s second longest running pay-per-view. His lack of caution begs the question: Will Kaval’s impetuous nature once again prove to be his undoing?

Dolph Ziggler has become an extremely dangerous competitor since capturing his illustrious title and should not be taken lightly by any opponent. Aligning himself with his powerful girlfriend – SmackDown Official Consultant Vickie Guerrero – and through his expert utilization of both the sleeper hold and the Zig Zag, the bleach blond champion has truly become a force to be reckoned with.

There is no denying that Kaval is a purely dynamic Superstar, with a huge heart, an amazing supply of energy and an arsenal of devastating maneuvers. He is an explosive talent who is not afraid to go head-to-head with anyone. But, will his blind bravery be enough to topple such a dangerously calculating champion?

I'm really looking forward to this match. Dolph has been having a good title reign as IC Champ so far, and the Vickie/Kaitlyn stuff has seemingly cooled off, so Dolph should retain here. Kaval's run on Smackdown has been decent so far, and I'm sure he'll wear the the gold some day, but I just can't see him taking the title off of Dolph right now. Still, these two should be able to deliver a good match this Sunday. Kaval losing this won't be that big of a deal. There will be plenty more opportunities for Kaval to win a mid card title in the future.

What are your thoughts about this match?

I worry that with rumor that Vince has lost all interest in Kaval this is just an excuse to get him to use up his shot and then future Endevaour him. Interesting that both NXT shots will be used at the same PPV.

Kayfabe it just makes Kaval dumb not to save it for the main title although...

I hope he wins by say DQ or Countout and Dolph says well that was you shot boohoo. And in order to earn it Kaval needs to start winning and takes it around the Rumble after beating Barretta, Chavo, Joey and Drew

This almost sounds like Danial Bryan/The Miz. Bryan kept losing match after match, but then defeats The Miz to capture the US title. Then again, Bryan and Miz had a somewhat decent length to their feud. I think it's too soon for Kaval to win here, so Ziggler will probably retain. Given a couple more months between the two and Kaval might have a better chance.

Interesting that both NXT shots will be used at the same PPV.

Actually, Barrett used his shot against Sheamus at Night of Champions, which then became the six-pack challenge.

Booking 101 says that Ziggler retains here, as Kaval just pinned him tonight. But Ziggler was also defeated 3 straight times by Daniel Bryan, so anything is possible. I think we might just see a scenario like this play out.

NXT is coming to a close, and Kaitlyn and Vickie are still feuding, mostly to do with Dolph. Vickie will accompany Dolph to the ring, but I could see her getting kicked out by the ref, due to attempted interference. Kaitlyn would then come out, and try to interfere on Dolph's behalf, but it would backfire, allowing Kaval to hit a downed Ziggler with the Double Stomp for the pin, and the title. I see Kaval winning the title here.

To be honest, their match on SD blew. It was like they were trying to force feed Kaval's athleticism down our throats. Like I get it. He likes to kick and jump around like a monkey. Hopefully this match will better.

Just don't expect anyone to give a shit in Miami. lol

Im thinking Dolph retains here, and he will lose the title sometime in the future to MVP. However, Kaval could pick up an upset i guess. The only reason i see Kaval maybe picking up the belt, is because having a Face IC Champ, means that guys like Cody and Drew can feud with the champ, with Dolph being champ and heel, neither really can feud with him.

However, this is why i think MVP will get the title a bit down the track.

I would love to see Kaval pick up the win here but I don't see it happening yet. Personally, I really would've hoped for more buildup with this match. I think it would've been nice to see these two compete in the Survivor Series match, have Kaval pin Ziggler, then have a nice well built feud from there. Tonight just made it seem the match was just thrown on the card to simply to be on the card. But whatever. Should be a good match as both are good in the ring. Regardless of the result, I would like to see a long feud come out of this. I want Kaval to win but I predict Ziggler retains.

i can see Kaval winning and feuding with Bryan for Unification now, or at least by rumble or mania WWE isnt that dumb to notice there will be money in this match up

Beyond pumped for this. Two guys whose styles match damn well, and Ziggler has been on fire for about the last 6 weeks. This has all the makings of an out of left field shocker win for Kaval, to either elevate Ziggler, or possibly have him retain and look stronger.

This has everything you could want. Build, active styles that mesh real well, two young guys who will want to steal the show, and every possible outcome is on the table. Can't wait.

I think Ziggler will win. Personally i think this is just to get his free title shot at a ppv out of the way for Kaval, but i do see him as a champ at a later time.

Finally Kaval is getting a push! The first thing I think I need to say is, didn’t MVP have a title shot on Smackdown 1 week ago? Shouldn’t Dolph and MVP be in this match? This partially why I think Ziggler will retain. I think MVP, Ziggler and Kaval will feud over the Intercontinental Championship because of this or maybe they’ll do something like a 6 Pac Challenge consisting of Ziggler, MVP, Kaval, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre next pay per view or a number one contenders match. Either way Ziggler will retain. I hope Kaval eventually does get the title though. I hope Kaval isn't just going to be forgotten he really does have talent.

im thinkin kaval wins the title then down the road when they do the us/ic title merging match we'll have a daniel bryan v kaval feud! but thats just my 2 cents

Not a chance in hell that Ziggler loses here. We should at least get a very good match out of it though as Ziggler has been on a roll as of late with his great matches with Bryan and some decent matches with MVP and Kaval is good in the ring (although nowhere near the lever people would have you believe) and he would be even better if he expanded his move set beyond exclusively using kicks.

As I said though Ziggler wins here as Kaval has been treated like shit since coming to SD and Dolph has been on a major roll as of late. There is also the fact that this match has next to no build up and there is no way that Dolph will lose the title completely out of the blue to a man who has won about one match since coming to Smackdown.

Yeah, the wrestling will most likely be epic in this match. Perhaps close to Bryan vs Dolph. But not better I'm pretty sure. Either way, that's about the only thing I have for this match, proper wrestling.

There's absolutely nothing to support this match. It's announced on the go-home show, which I personally think is bullshit for a mid-card championship.

But, yeah I hope this is only a match to make Dolph look good. He needs a longer reign than this, and he needs to gently squash Kaval in this match. Make him look decent, but not on the level of Dolph.

Dolph retains.

Kaval has great athletic skills, his past matches on SD have been great but I don't think he will win the title on Sunday. But, I also think it's time for Ziggler to lose the title. It's unlikely it will be to Kaval though.

Well, this explains why Kaval wasn't on Rey's team at SS.

This match should be good. Ziggler's been consistently having good PPV matches since he got the IC title, and he's in the ring with someone who's style should mesh will with Ziggler's. This match has strong potential to steal the show, and unless Danielson and DiBiase are given a match (and even if they are) will probably be the MOTN.

This will probably open the show and i bet it will be a good match. Kaval will win because he needs a good title reign to establish himself. Especially since he has not done much after his NXT win. Ziggler's reign has been boring and needs to end. I think the match will be good but Kaval better win due to him needing it far more right now than Ziggler.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kaval will win the Intercontinental Championship.

I would Really Love to see Kaval win the title here because I'm a Huge fan of his since his TNA day's. I think that this will be a Very Good Match possibly MOTN. Ziggler has to win this match Kaval has won match on Smackdown and he has not been built up well enough to take the Title off Ziggler who has had a pretty good Title reign. Ziggler gets the win in a Very Good Match.

As much as I love Kaval I don't he should in the title just yet. Maybe have Vickie cost him the gold at Survivor Series which gives Kaval the right to challenge for the title in the very near future. Despite this, the match could very well steal the show and I expect it to exceed all expectations. With a little more build up into their next encounter, it would be great to see Kaval, winner of nXt season two, to be the winner of the prestigous Intercontinental Championship.

I think Vickie is going to turn on Dolph tonight causing him to lose the Intercontinental Championship to Kaval. I think Kaval would make a better heel and Vickie and Dolph seem to be on shaky ground right now. I think Dolph has had a good run with the title, and would like to see him try being a face.

Winner: Kaval

Prediction: Kaval wins the Intercontinental Championship

I have a feeling that Ziggler will have the match cost against him, and Kaval picks up a surprise win here. Plus this could help Kaval gain some momentum and experience, as well as having a good feud with Ziggler while defending the Intercontinental Championship.

Great match as usual from Dolph. Kaval was looking great, while allowing Dolph to retain the championship. Some awesome spots, especially the jump off the top rope that Kaval did.

Dolph Ziggler needed to retain this one, and he did it without looking weak while pulling off his heel antics of pulling his pants. I could see this thing actually carrying over into another match at TLC. Like Kane vs Edge I think this could make a great ladder match perhaps.

This will probably open the show and i bet it will be a good match. Kaval will win because he needs a good title reign to establish himself. Especially since he has not done much after his NXT win. Ziggler's reign has been boring and needs to end. I think the match will be good but Kaval better win due to him needing it far more right now than Ziggler.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Kaval will win the Intercontinental Championship.

I was disappointed with this one. Ziggler's reign has been boring and I really thought Kaval was going to win. This makes winning NXT look bad. Barrett lost at Night of Champions and now Kaval has lost at Survivor Series. I guess this means the diva who wins season three loses her match too. Back on topic though, the match was decent it's just the outcome that I disliked. Not only was I wrong, but now we are stuck with Ziggler still being the Intercontinental Champion. I hope they have a rematch and Kaval wins because I think he would make a much better champion.

Possibly the match of the night here. I wish they had given more time for them to build to this match, as it made it unrealistic to believe Kaval would come out on top, but it was well wrestled nonetheless. Ziggler's aggressiveness was a good match for Kaval's quickness and while they didn't give them as much time as I would have liked, it was still a quality match with the right winner.

Ziggler's been a great champion and it would have been pointless to take the belt off of him for a man who has been built with zero credibility headed into this match. Kaval's showing of emotion of a "lost" opportunity was a nice touch, ands hopefully he'll be built up credibly to earn another shot at Ziggler, because this was a darn good match.

Must say i really really enjoyed this match. Always enjoy Dolph's matches and always will. Some really nice spots in this match, however i was somewhat surprised to see Dolph win. I thought they may have given Kaval the win since he was cashing in his NXT title shot, and also because SD! is very heel heavy in the mid card. With Dolph as champ, the only feud's he can have for the title are really Kaval/MVP and Kofi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back