WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show - Sami Zayn & Neville VS The Dudley Boyz

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This tag team match has been added to this Sunday's kickoff show for SummerSlam.

Basically, this is a way of getting Neville and Zayn on the card, even if it's just the kickoff show, so they can beat the Dudley Boyz when another miscommunication happens with D-Von accidentally clotheslining Bubba Ray. It looks like they're heading for a break up of the Dudley Boyz, which could be entertaining if they embark Bubba Ray on a singles run.

You said it, this is literally just a way to get Neville and Zayn on the card, and you likely predicted the finish as well. Miscue by D-Von, who runs into Bubba, setting up a Helluva Kick followed by a Red Arrow.

If this leads to a Bully Ray type run, then yay. If not, then boo.

nice to see were all the momentum of zayn's win and positioning in the draft let to. A meaningless tag match that will probably lead to the dudley's splitting up. So i'm guessing that the next step for zayn and neville after this match will be to be the face of the cruiserweight division.

I friggin KNEW they were going to throw Zayn and Neville together at the last minute. So predictably stupid.

On another note, it's kind of sad to see just how far the Dudley's have fallen and how badly they've been handled. This is one of the greatest tag teams of all time and they're literally being used as WWE's lowest jobber team. Just end the punishment and split them already.

With Sami Zayn, it's becoming almost a masochistic thing now. The worse he does now, the more he suffers, the more likely he is to succeed in the future. Those with, well, memories at all will recall the struggles of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan, who was unceremoniously booted from one WrestleMania card and then defeated within eighteen seconds the next. CM Punk, who was the first man eliminated from the best forgotten ECW elimination chamber. The more Sami toils, the more Sami grafts, the more rewarding - and somehow inevitable, particularly with two world title belts back in the picture - his eventual triumph will be.

Frankly, I think Zayn's had a more interesting dynamic with everyone other than Kevin Owens since joining the main roster. Jericho, Sheamus, Seth Rollins - small matches that don't mean much, yet more compelling than his interminable feud with Owens. That said, I'm going to kick off if he gets stuck in the cruiserweight ghetto.

Neville's also quite good, deserves more than this, and this whole situation is something of an indictment of the idea of a brand split.

Another case of bad booking. Both these guys should be on Smackdown where they could be featured. They could've become the first set of tag champs on Smackdown and could've competed for mid-card titles until they were ready for the top of the card. Both will be buried on Raw with the likes of Rollins, Reigns, Balor, and company already there.

I'm all for Neville and Zayn teaming full time and becoming the saviours of the tag division. It's better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back