WWE Royal Rumble: WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Lesnar VS Cena VS Rollins

The biggest news coming out of last night's Raw is that the title match will now be a triple threat match with Seth Rollins being added as the third man.

This adds a greater degree of unpredictability to the match since even if Lesnar drops the title to Cena or Lesnar retains, Rollins still has the MITB briefcase that he could immediately cash in. The winner will be exhausted anyway and Rollins can always have Kane, J & J Security and Big Show rough up the winner post match before cashing in the briefcase. This match could also be the means of Randy Orton returning to television as he could prevent Rollins from cashing in, interfere once he's cashed in to cost him his big opportunity or interfere in the triple threat match to prevent Rollins from winning and being physically able to cash in if he wants to.

The addition of Rollins also adds potential for more energy in the match and I'm really, really hoping that Rollins doesn't spend most of the match outside while letting Cena & Lesnar beat the snot out of them. I'm also hoping that there's not going to be tons of interference in the match, though I have a bad feeling that's just a pipe dream. Rollins is a talented guy that's got the stuff and all this interference from a couple of former cruiserweight nothings, Kane and Big Show as of late isn't doing him any favors in my eyes.

That's what I'm hoping. After all, it looks as if we're going right back to the Authority "doing any-damn-thing they want," whether it's fair or not.....and I was hoping we wouldn't be going down that path again. But even if we are, that road is usually littered with pockmarks, and I'm hoping one of them will somehow return the title match to Cena-Lesnar only.

Given the "legend" of John Cena, I simply can't believe they intend to have him fall to Brock Lesnar three times in a row, especially since it seems Brock is finished with WWE after this one. Yeah, I know Cena technically won the second match by DQ, but after the way he was dominated, I viewed it as a loss.......and that's not the way things go with the "guy who runs the place." I figured he'd send Brock running for his life by defeating him cleanly in the third match.

Now, the inclusion of Seth Rollins clouds that possibility. Even if Cena beats the two of them at once, which might sound more glorious than beating one, the effect of Cena's revenge would be ruined, imo.

I want Cena one-on-one against Brock. I'm sure there are plenty of other things for Seth to do.

This here.

Honestly, it would have made more sense had it been say, Randy Orton being inserted into the match instead.

Rollins' inclusion sort of messes up the story of Brock-Cena, 'the Final Chapter" and seems to most likely be a way to have both Brock and Cena protected from being pinned more than anything, but it sort of takes away from the NoC fallout to an extent, especially since TLC was a No.1 Contender's match anyway.

btw, I do get that the Authority gave Seth Rollins a gift for bringing them back. But still, couldn't they have given him No.30 in the Rumble match instead? We would then have Reigns, Bryan and Rollins in the Rumble match to look forward with more additions promised...whilst Cena vs Brock can sell itself.

The biggest news coming out of last night's Raw is that the title match will now be a triple threat match with Seth Rollins being added as the third man.

This adds a greater degree of unpredictability to the match since even if Lesnar drops the title to Cena or Lesnar retains, Rollins still has the MITB briefcase that he could immediately cash in. The winner will be exhausted anyway and Rollins can always have Kane, J & J Security and Big Show rough up the winner post match before cashing in the briefcase. This match could also be the means of Randy Orton returning to television as he could prevent Rollins from cashing in, interfere once he's cashed in to cost him his big opportunity or interfere in the triple threat match to prevent Rollins from winning and being physically able to cash in if he wants to.

The addition of Rollins also adds potential for more energy in the match and I'm really, really hoping that Rollins doesn't spend most of the match outside while letting Cena & Lesnar beat the snot out of them. I'm also hoping that there's not going to be tons of interference in the match, though I have a bad feeling that's just a pipe dream. Rollins is a talented guy that's got the stuff and all this interference from a couple of former cruiserweight nothings, Kane and Big Show as of late isn't doing him any favors in my eyes.

I see this come up alot with regards to Seth Rollins, but I don't quite get the problem with it as it totally makes sense given his role as a chickenshit heel. It also reinforces why he sold out in the first place as he has gotten loads of opportunities and become the Authority's golden boy in the process.

To besides, by doing his threat to Cena and bringing back the Authority, I thought that was brilliant heel work by him and negates his
"perceived inability" to fight his own battles.

There will come a time that Seth Rollins will be seperated from his cohorts and be forced to fight alone, but at this point, he still has them and they should be used as much as possible given the kind of heel he is portraying.

This isn't about "protecting Cena", dearest Tin Foil Hat Wearers. This has everything to do with booking Fast LAne and WM31. Rollins has to suddenly be a contender for the title, and having him win the Rumble wastes the whole point, since he carries the MitB case. They need another heel besides Brock to be able to main event at WM31, and that's Rollins. That's why he's in this match.

What?

He has to become the number 2 heel behind Brock, immediately, and in order to do that, they could make this triple threat or they could have him win the Rumble. This makes more sense.

What?

He has to become the number 2 heel behind Brock, immediately, and in order to do that, they could make this triple threat or they could have him win the Rumble. This makes more sense.

Isn't he already the no.2 Heel without being added to the match?

Giving him the no.30 slot as a gift, whilst keeping Cena-Brock the way it was would have been fine,lMO.
I actually think he is just being put in to take the pin and keep the other guys strong, although I hope not.

If Rollins wins, his reign will be short unless they want him to be the first who doesnt use his MitB contract. Wouldn't that do more damage to his career than help?

Isn't he already the no.2 Heel without being added to the match?

Giving him the no.30 slot as a gift, whilst keeping Cena-Brock the way it was would have been fine,lMO.
I actually think he is just being put in to take the pin and keep the other guys strong, although I hope not.

Yeah I figured Rollins would have gotten #30. It's going to be interesting to see how the dynamics of the triple threat match would be. I'm assuming it will essentially be a handicap match.

I just wonder with Heyman's friendship with Rollins get awkward because if Brock goes for a pin, would Rollins stop him?

#30 has won exactly twice - Undertaker and John Cena. It would be a terrible move to give that to Rollins, because it would then be understood that he couldn't win. Truthfully, Rollins needs the belt at the Rumble. He's the only one that should win, because he can continue the program, WITH the belt, while Brock takes another PPV off. Give Rollins the belt, let Daniel Bryan win the Rumble, let Lesnar and Reigns have their battle, but not for the belt, let HHH and Sting fight. Daniel Bryan vs. Brock is just a terrible match. I can only suspend my disbelief for so long.

#30 has won exactly twice - Undertaker and John Cena. It would be a terrible move to give that to Rollins, because it would then be understood that he couldn't win. Truthfully, Rollins needs the belt at the Rumble. He's the only one that should win, because he can continue the program, WITH the belt, while Brock takes another PPV off. Give Rollins the belt, let Daniel Bryan win the Rumble, let Lesnar and Reigns have their battle, but not for the belt, let HHH and Sting fight. Daniel Bryan vs. Brock is just a terrible match. I can only suspend my disbelief for so long.

I disagree there with your reasoning. Indeed, the no.30 has resulted in 2 winners, but being the last guy out still means you have the 'best' chance, and thus, that would still be the ideal number without going into too much detail about history, etc.

Don't mind your overall scenario at all. It could work out well, though I'd love to see what the likes of Taker, Orton, Ambrose and Cena would be doing if it happens that way.
I think I could buy Daniel Bryan going over Brock, however... in the same way Eddie beat Brock over a decade ago...

At this point, personally, I'd love Reigns to get screwed by the power-hungry Authority, but Daniel Bryan withstands them and overcomes the odds to win the Rumble. Could be a good way to go.

Seen it. Over it. Part of me thinks that the Rollins/Cena match from last night should've ended in a draw and then Rollins would've had a claim to be part of the match as well. It'd make it different and Lesnar should have some beef with Rollins based on him trying to cash in on him.

Glad they finally saw this my way. Rollins, whilst likely inserted to take the pinfall, will be allowed to compete against the companies top two stars. Lesnar has inky faced the elite of WWE since his return so I see thins as a great rub for Rollins.

So, who should win that match?
Cena - He has held the title 15 times. Giving him belt will not be a big deal or there can be a scenario where he loses the title at fast lane or at same day using his MITB contract. But,this will not be good for business.
Lesnar - There is some thought behind putting Rollins into that bout. So, i don't think lesnar is walking out as champion. Yes,the best outcome is Lesnar wins the match and drops the title to Rollins (using MITB contract). This is best for business.
Rollins - Absolutely,he is going to walk out as champion straight or by cheating or by cash-in.
Then,they can go in whatever direction they want. Maybe, Lesnar Vs Rollins at Mania. Lesnar will be gone after mania and Rollins will become the top heel. Isn't it perfect.

Adding Rollins to that match has made it worth watchable. That match will be great.

I tend to agree, this Cena-Lesnar feud has gotten a bit stale IMO, so throwing Rollins into the mix gives it an element of unpredictability.

^^I also agree that with the match being a triple threat the odds of Lesnar walking out of the Rumble as champion are very slim

shucks Lesnar could win the triple threat and still lose his belt, because of a post match cash in.

Don't think giving Cena the win is the right move, especially if the plan is to have Rollins cash in immediately after. Cena's already a 15 time champion for pete's sake, I don't see how a throw away reign, even if it is #16 benefits anyone.

I tend to agree, this Cena-Lesnar feud has gotten a bit stale IMO, so throwing Rollins into the mix gives it an element of unpredictability.

^^I also agree that with the match being a triple threat the odds of Lesnar walking out of the Rumble as champion are very slim

shucks Lesnar could win the triple threat and still lose his belt, because of a post match cash in.

Don't think giving Cena the win is the right move, especially if the plan is to have Rollins cash in immediately after. Cena's already a 15 time champion for pete's sake, I don't see how a throw away reign, even if it is #16 benefits anyone.

Yeah exactly!

I still think Brock will walk out of Royal Rumble as champion. I assume if Reigns beats Show and win the Royal Rumble match the same night and beat the guy who ended The Streak, it would be huge for Reigns to be their next big star.

I could see them giving Cena the title. Another way to make Reigns be The Man is to beat The Man. They could have hype up Reigns vs. Cena as a new age Brock vs. Rock.

I can't see Rollins cashing in anytime soon. I think Rollins would be a good insurance policy incase somebody's reign isn't working.

I really not sure who wins this now. Seth Rollins taking the title is a completely realistic possibility. The question is is he ready to headline Wrestlemania with it? I don't think so. Not yet anyway. The main problem is who on earth wins the rumble? Rollins vs Reigns has been done quite a few times the last few months and wouldn't be a must see Mania main event. Rollins vs Bryan doesn't scream headliner. And I dont know how Ambrose vs Rollins would become interesting again after them feuding for the better part of half a year.

I really don't know who wins this match or the rumble now as there are SEVERAL possibilites to consider. It is the best feeling in wrestling and I cannot wait to see what they decide to do in 2 weeks.

I still got Brock retaining the title. The way they've build him up since Extreme Rules 2013, it would be a waste to have him lose the title at RR and have him in one of the other main events. Whoever beats him at WrestleMania, it would be huge.

Brock Lesnar retains and how I see it happening:

When Rollins is on his way to winning the match, while the referee is knocked out Orton makes a shocking return attacking Rollins while J & J Security and the rest of The Authority try to get to Orton they can't get to him because it is too late especially after Orton RKOs Rollins with Orton escaping via the crowd and while the ref is almost revived Cena is back in the ring about to pick up Rollins for the AA, Lesnar takes Rollins off of Cena's shoulders and hits an F5 on Cena emphatically pinning him 1...2..3 to retain

The whole scenario has been turned upside down with the events of last night, no?

Brock Lesnar being cheered? Presuming he's really leaving WWE after WM31, the last thing I would have expected was to have him go out to the cheers of the fans.

But what's more interesting is the changing interaction of the three participants. Surely, even though Brock seems to have a lot against Seth Rollins, it hasn't made him feel any softer toward John Cena, has it? Also, Brock has shown no reticence in going after Rollins these past weeks, although Seth is a fellow bad guy. Brock's actions have made sense since he has no allies; he'll go after anyone in quest of what he wants.

But it certainly changes the dynamic of this event. I figured the two heels would be ganging up on Cena and taking him out of action; especially with Noble & Mercury at ringside to help make it happen. No, I don't mean pinning or submitting him, since that would mean the match is over....but rather, immobilizing Cena and leaving the fight to Lesnar and Rollins.

Presuming they get Cena out, what then? No, I wasn't expecting Brock and Seth to make nice.....with the world title at stake, if Brock "softens" his style by playing good guy (with "soften" a term that has never before applied to Brock), Seth Rollins might very well emerge as champion ....something I thought had virtually no chance of happening.

It's getting interesting.

Brock not retaining would make very little sense to me. They let him end Takers' streak and turned him into wrecking machine. Brock dropping the title at RR would really kill a lot of that momentum going into WM.

If Rollins does win I can see Orton winning RR. Probably setting up another triple threat match main event with Brock getting his rematch also.

If Brock wins I think Reigns or Bryan win the rumble.

10945148_10203657703139958_1675347714_n.jpg

Okay. Nice business strategy. Spoiling the finish to a big championship match. Like WHY?! I thought WWE was so much better than that. And when star power in WWE is very weak also.

Personally, I think that WWE has done a way better job of building up this match in 6 weeks than they did in ANY of last years Mania matches. Not a fan of Cena or Brock, however; IF the build up is ANY indication of the thought they will put into the finish, This one could really deliver no matter who walks out with the strap.

Really, I think that the finish needs to be that Brock retains, by pinning Rollins. HHH, Show, the new Goons, Kane, they all hit the ring, finisher after finisher on Brock, they drag Rollins arm over Brock, bring in Scott Armstrong, cash in the case for him. Boom, Rollins walks out of Rumble the champ, we can have Rollins v. Brock as a rematch at Fast Lane, Cena can ride off and fight someone unimportant at Mania, since he's mostly enhancement talent at this point anyway.

Also, this match has to close out the night. If this match comes on BEFORE the Rumble, look for Brock to retain in a pretty clean and decisive win. If it's on last, expect a title change.

I sure hope that this match comes on before the Rumble and why? Because the Royal Rumble Match should always be the match that main events or closes out the pay per view so with that said if this match if it goes on before the Rumble then I do sure hope that Lesnar retains and why?

Because even though Lesnar has been champion ever since August, even though he has rarely defended the title he has had quite the dominant run think about it the only man in history to break The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania doing what so many others like Triple H failed to do and not to mention he manhandled Cena at SummerSlam like no one else has able to do before

Why build up Lesnar to be so dominant if anything just to end his title reign just like that? It kills Lesnar's momentum so that is why WWE if they were smart they would at least keep Lesnar as champion until WrestleMania and then you could have him drop the title

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back