WWE Royal Rumble 2015 **Official** General Discussion Aftermath Thread

Live crowds had already began to turn on him before he was sidelined with surgery a few months ago. He was still using The Shield's music, entrance, etc. while the other guys were carving out their own niche. Mix that with a lukewarm return reception, awarding him Slammy Superstar of the Year when other guys were going harder, and a feud with the Big Show involving promos about Jack and the Beanstalk. He wasn't ready, and people basically revolted. It reminds me of a girlfriend eventually agitating you with small things and you blow up and say "fuck this, I would rather be single or fuck someone else". I don't dislike Roman Reigns, but he was pushed into a bad scenario. We saw Ryback make a return and was more over, and he looked like a weak punk in the rumble after a "firing" angle that made no sense.

Rumble must have been better IF and only IF Ambrose, Ziggler or Bryan won. Crowd wanted either 3 of them to win. Though, Bryan got his Wrestlemania moment last year. So, I would have been happy with Ziggler or Ambrose. The crowd was into the match until Ambrose was eliminated. When Ambrose was eliminated,they knew who was going to win.

Ok,if Lesnar/Cena/Rollins had been on last then,heat should have been on Cena. I have one question being a John Cena fan.
You care for Reigns and not for Cena. Reigns getting booed is unbearable for you and you can bear Cena getting booed?

Or what I would have done, my final 5 superstars would have been Reigns, Bryan, Wyatt, Kane, and Show with Reigns eliminating Kane and Show with Wyatt eliminating Reigns from out of nowhere after Kane and Show do the damage and then your final 3 being Rusev, Bryan and Wyatt with Rusev being eliminated by Bryan and the final 2 being Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan with Bray Wyatt winning the Rumble and Wyatt is already a heel anyway so with him winning the Rumble instead, you could have Wyatt vs Lesnar which of course would be a fresh match-up but also a unique one too

I would've booked Daniel Bryan to win. What other option do you have? Why throw Reigns to the wolves like that?

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan has money written all over it, anyhow. Talk about the biggest underdog story in WrestleMania history? Jesus, this could've been huge. I am excited to see Lesnar and Reigns destroy each other, but obviously this should've been all about Bryan.

I am Suprised...I have been watching WWF since WM1 and I just connot believe the moronic audience during last nights Rumble

So Brock is still the Champ. Who else could win the Rumble then Reigns. Al those pigheaded people canting for Bryan to win it.. come on

I love Daniel Bryan and think he is one of the best..if not the best in the business today.

But... WM Brock vs Bryan would be a gigantic failure.. no way Brock would do anyting but destroy Daniels within 5 minutes. We are talking about the guy who killed John Cena twice and even more important ended te streak. No way Daniels could win, and if he does everything Brock as done will be a joke.

So Reigns is te only one who could win.. and the crowd booed him out of the building... all the Bryan marks

But lets go to WM.. Main event.. Brock is leaving so he has to lose. A epic battle between im and reigns with Reigns coming out on top. There is a certain wrestler who still has the MITB briefcase. He cashes in, wins the title ... and then the World title picture is open again.. who better then Bryan to challenge Rollins. Those matches will be 5 star everytime.. So when summerslam comes around, Bryan willl be on top again.

Everybody is happy. But with Brock still as Champ Bryan is not getting his shot and that is as it should be.

Best ending would have been Like Jeffrey said

The final 4.... including Kane and BS... what a bad idea... we legit know they have no shot NO SHOT= IMPOSSIBLE of winning... what a major fock up.... I would've loved to see as the final 4 : Cena, Rusev, Wyatt and Reigns....

With Cena and Reigns as the final 2 : This way you are SURE that the heat is on Cena and you get a good reaction for Reigns, people hated Reigns winning, but compare to a Cena win.... it would've been a fkin major party...

Lesnar vs. Bryan is a much better match than Lesnar vs. Reigns. Bryan could outwrestle Lesnar with ease and beat him. People throw the word "Believable" around in regards to WWE and it annoys me because WWE is predetermined, but in this case it works. Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler are WRESTLERS, and it's believable that they could out-WRESTLE Brock Lesnar. Roman Reigns beating him is NOT believable. At all. Reigns would by all rights get crushed in 30 seconds.

It wouldn't matter how long they prepared Roman Reigns. Unless it is Daniel Bryan, WWE can't seem to have anyone else win the Rumble, since the B-Listers (DB fans) won't be happy unless their favourite B-lister, Bryan wins every Rumble and wins the title at every WM from now until the end of time.

Drinking that McMahon Kool-aid? Because while fans were upset WWE still had a chance to turn it around by letting Ambrose or Ziggler win it. They had a reaction and the moment both got eliminated the fans went back boo'ing the whole thing.

I think that the WWE could keep this "Daniel Bryan getting screwed in the Rumble" thing going for years, just to troll the fans.

Here's some ways I would tease making the fans think Bryan will actually win a Rumble, only to lose it

1) Have him not come in until No. 30. This way, the fans are worried that DB isn't in it, but then cheer when he is, meaning that they don't razz on the match. However, 20 seconds later, he is thrown out.

2) Bryan is the last man in the Rumble. Everyone cheers, and say "Yes! Yes! Yes!" as it looks like Bryan will finally go to Wrestlemania, and the fans can go home happy. Finally, the fans think, the WWE have bowed to us, and soon, we will be running the company and Vince will be our bitch.

However, as Bryan celebrates, a guy who was never eliminated, but has been lying on the floor for most of the match (after going through the middle rope) runs in, throws Bryan easily out of the ring, and wins instead, crushing all of the B-Listers hopes that their hero will headline Wrestlemania.

Drinking that McMahon Kool-aid? Because while fans were upset WWE still had a chance to turn it around by letting Ambrose or Ziggler win it. They had a reaction and the moment both got eliminated the fans went back boo'ing the whole thing.

So, because I like WWE, I drink McMahon kool-aid?

So, by that logic, you are just a hater, and why should I listen to you, since you are not a real fan, but a hater of WWE, since anyone who likes WWE is drinking Kool-Aid, according to you.

So, because I like WWE, I drink McMahon kool-aid?

So, by that logic, you are just a hater, and why should I listen to you, since you are not a real fan, but a hater of WWE, since anyone who likes WWE is drinking Kool-Aid, according to you.

I love the WWE which is why I want the WWE to succeed and I want all the talents who deserve to be on top succeed as well. What the crowd reaction the WWE got at the Rumble was anything but successful.

But by your logic you are saying fans mad because Bryan didn't win. That is partly true but there were other factors it's how he lost and how the WWE is so stubborn by making Reigns their guy when it's obvious he isn't ready.

Have DB fans got over Daniel Bryan being thrown out of the Rumble? Have your anger subsided yet?

You know, I used to pity your childishness and petulance that some goatface didn't win the Rumble.

But now I envy you. I really do. I envy you because you must have great lives. In a world with wars, the ebola virus, starvation,natural disasters, climate change, economies all over the world falling over, your biggest problem is your favourite wrestler not winning a scripted wrestling match.

You must be sheltered if the biggest problem in your life is the Royal Rumble result, and not your job, health, marriage or children. Everything must be going well for you to be so angry about something so trivial.

I remember someone else who obsessed about a wrestling result, and lost their sense of priority- Bret "Hitman" Hart.

Bret acted like being screwed of the title at SS 97 was the worst injustice being ever inflicted on a human. He bitched and moaned in every outlet he can (much like C.M. Punk does these days).

Following that, he was buried in WCW, having injury end his career prematurely, two strokes, the deaths of both his parents and his youngest brother, divorce, a motorcycle accident and the knowledge that someone he trained in the Dungeon with, and went to his family's house for dinner, not only killed himself but his wife and child as well.

When all those things happen, maybe losing your title in Montreal isn't the earth-shaking tragedy that he thought it was, and, if he had a choice, I think he would take SS 97 over all the other stuff.

Maybe many of you wrestling fans need a massive reality check. I hope that tragedies don't befall any of you, but you need to get over the RR result. It's the mature thing to do.

Have DB fans got over Daniel Bryan being thrown out of the Rumble? Have your anger subsided yet?

You know, I used to pity your childishness and petulance that some goatface didn't win the Rumble.

But now I envy you. I really do. I envy you because you must have great lives. In a world with wars, the ebola virus, starvation,natural disasters, climate change, economies all over the world falling over, your biggest problem is your favourite wrestler not winning a scripted wrestling match.

You must be sheltered if the biggest problem in your life is the Royal Rumble result, and not your job, health, marriage or children. Everything must be going well for you to be so angry about something so trivial.

I remember someone else who obsessed about a wrestling result, and lost their sense of priority- Bret "Hitman" Hart.

Bret acted like being screwed of the title at SS 97 was the worst injustice being ever inflicted on a human. He bitched and moaned in every outlet he can (much like C.M. Punk does these days).

Following that, he was buried in WCW, having injury end his career prematurely, two strokes, the deaths of both his parents and his youngest brother, divorce, a motorcycle accident and the knowledge that someone he trained in the Dungeon with, and went to his family's house for dinner, not only killed himself but his wife and child as well.

When all those things happen, maybe losing your title in Montreal isn't the earth-shaking tragedy that he thought it was, and, if he had a choice, I think he would take SS 97 over all the other stuff.

Maybe many of you wrestling fans need a massive reality check. I hope that tragedies don't befall any of you, but you need to get over the RR result. It's the mature thing to do.
You are aware having an emotional response to the wwe is normal if you're a fan right? Like a fan of anything football, game of thrones, law and order it doesn't matter you invest in these programs. Lamenting a dropped pass, a favorite character being killed off ,"what they're investigating stabler for excessive force?" It's how people respond. Bryan got Carrie"ed they acted like he was going to be prom king bringing him back from injury and giving him the only rumble based storyline and then he ends up covered in pig's blood looking like s chump. Vince is stubborn and out of touch.

Well, in light of Daniel Bryan getting eliminated early, roman reigns winning the rumble, and Cena being in the title match, the network subs are soaring, so it looks like the WWE did the right thing.

There were a lot of names we were expecting to show up at this Rumble, only for them not to appear. Who do you think should've made an appearance and how would you have used them.

I kind of wish Batista showed up and had a confrontation with Reigns. It would either cause fans to accept Reigns, or would've allowed Batista to leave on a somewhat happier note. I doubt Batista will return, but I think he deserved better than what he got from the fans. It could've either helped Reigns or helped Batista without hurting them anymore.

I'm glad Orton didn't appear as it would've felt too out-of-place. Would Triple H just allow him to enter after such bad blood without some kind of struggle? It would also depend on what storyline he will have. Is he to feud with Rollins? Because since Rollins wasn't in the Rumble, they couldn't do anything with that. In essence, Orton would show up just to lose. Granted though...this Rumble seemed to have too many bland low/midcarders, so Orton's star power might've helped it go down easier.

Sheamus should've been there, if he is healthy enough to compete. I would've had him show up to save Bryan against Rusev and Bray, only to turn on him and eliminate him- setting up their apparent wrestlemania feud. Then there might be some purpose to Bryan's elimination outside of just getting him out of the way, since Bryan isn't likely going to feud with Bray or Rusev.

And finally....

Gillberg...Gillberg...Gillberg...

Haha, they can have him show up and get immediately crushed by Big Show, who can even spear him. That would make me laugh, at the absolute least...although I doubt Goldberg would appreciate it.

Lets say under every circumstance you had to have Roman Reigns as the rumble winner this year. In some ways I'm glad things happened as they did because that means Reigns is gonna have to step up his game and they'll probably give him better promos and lines like they did this raw.

But lets say u had control over the rumble. How would you have had him win it. And HE has to win it. What possible way could wwe have made this rumble look good with reigns coming out on top.

MY opinion is that we have bryan and reigns final two. A little bit of a staredown. Then they put on about 5-10 minutes of a very good wrestling match before reigns tosses bryan over the top rope. But bryan hangs on and while hes standing on the apron, Reigns spears him through the second rope. Hence he doesnt get eliminated but bryan does. And a cool spot like that wouldve gotten a pretty good reaction from the fans.

What about u guys. And again, Reigns has to win so no answers like 'I wouldnt have had him win in the first place'.

I would have Reigns and Ziggler as the last two, have them fight for few minutes, let Ziggler hit ZigZag and try to eliminate Reigns, but of course he would fail to do so..Reigns would hit spear and when Ziggler finally stands up, Superman Punch him out of the ring. I am not that much satisfied with him winning, neither winning this way, but that would be most suitable way to win, for me, I cant think of any more suitable.

For me, he wouldn't have been in the feud with Big Show before the Rumble. He would have been up against a strong mid-carder, Seamus springs to mind as an example if he had joined the Authority, maybe even Rusev would have been a good choice. someone that would have drew heat and got the fans behind Reigns. Then in the Rumble match I would have had him go over Ziggler last after a good 5-10 minutes of wrestling. I feel the build up is the most importnant thing though not how the match ended.

Going with The Rock was fine but Sting could have worked too.

Don't eliminate Bryan early. Get Ziggler and Cesaro into the match sooner so they have time to show what they can do and entertain the crowd.

Have Rollins enter 30. He hides behind Show and Kane while everyone fights it out. The last 9 or so would be Show, Kane, Rollins, Rusev, Wyatt, Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler and Reigns. Rollins cheats (using J&J or the briefcase) to eliminate Ziggler. The remaining babyfaces get beat down before making a big comeback - Show, Kane and Rusev get eliminated. Ambrose eliminates Wyatt but also himself in the process.

Reigns and Bryan are beating down Rollins. The Authority (Triple H included) come back down and destroy these two. Bryan is thrown over and before the crowd digest this The Rock (or Sting) clear out the guys not in the match. Reigns eliminates Rollins for the win.

I'm no expert and it is merely some random fantasy booking but I like that ending and it seems everyone is better protected. Fans would probably have enjoyed the ending better and the match in general. The only talking point would be why Rollins was in the match but, who cares, he is friendly with the boss and wants another shot at the belt.

Pre-rumble I would've actually had him feud with Rollins rather than Big Show. They have history and could've worked. Also, I would've kept the silent badass persona of him which got him over instead of giving him those horrible promos. Come, kick ass, leave.

In Rumble, I would've booked him early into the match, may be 4 or 5. Get Bryan in early as well, may be no. 1. Let them try and team up with heels coming in. at next few numbers, including the corporate stooges Kane and Big Show. Have Ziggler somewhere around 20 when it seems both are in danger of elimination followed by Ambrose. Last 6 should've been Bray, Ziggler, Ambrose, Reigns, Bryan and Kane/Big Show. Now start getting the Authority involved. Let Rollins also come down to the ring. Get Bryan/Ziggler and Kane/Big Show out in next 2 eliminations. Let Ambrose and Bray slug it out while Reigns and Ziggler/Bryan are now trying to fight ringside Authority (J&J security, Kane/BigShow after elimination). Let Ambrose toss Bray out while Bryan/Ziggler get eliminated because of Authority's shenanigans. Now Ambrose and Reigns fight off the Authority and finally look at each other before they start slugging it out. Eventually, Reigns trumps and as he celebrates, Brock comes out for a staredown and poses with title while Reigns points towards the mania sign.

At least that's what I would've wanted.

The crowd wanted to cheer Daniel Bryan and that was it. Nobody, not even the Rock could have gotten Reigns cheered. Nobody except Daniel Bryan. I say that first of all, you have Roman come out right as Daniel Bryan is about to be eliminated, and he comes in and saves Bryan. Then, for the rest of the Rumble, Roman and Bryan work as a team and help each other. Finally, you have Bryan and Reigns in the top three, with a heel (Big Show, Kane, Bray, or whoever is big enough for that spot). Bryan gets eliminated by the heel, and then in return he helps Roman eliminate the bad guy, like the Hogan, Flair, Sid spot from 92. The crowd in Philly was going to boo regardless if Daniel Bryan lost. I think if he helped eliminate someone, it would have gotten the crowd to cheer that Bryan was involved, and the backlash of booing Roman probably wouldn't have been so bad. Also, that opens up opportunities down the line of "I helped you win the Rumble, so you and I should have a title match." Just my thinking as a booker.

It was simple really.

Firstly, get Big Show and Kane out of it. After all, they are virtual afterthoughts in terms of the Authority anyways and are being forced booked more than anything.

Thus, on SmackDown! before the Rumble, the final scene was Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler, Ryback in the ring with Kane and Big Show on the apron. Add Rusev and Bray Wyatt to those as the final 9 guys in the Rumble match and go from there. And Not have Big Show and Kane in the Final 4 at all!

Either way, Reigns was going to be booed in Philly regardless of how it was booked.
The only 'saving-grace' of Bryan being in the match longer, would have been that it wouldn't have been shit on as much.

Also, the fact that Reigns was booked like a chump more than anything throughout the match, didn't help in endearing him to fans any way. Had he been a bigger focus and be shown as the dominant guy he was supposed to be, maybe that could have also helped him more.
I mean, he Only eliminated Big Show and Kane due to the latter 2 having a disagreement. Then, they both beat him down only for the Rock to save Reigns... then to have Reigns do the Superman Punch instead of the Spear to Big Show...

That booking was the most awful I've seen in all my time of watching. There was nothing about it that made much sense whatsoever.

I'm not even sure if the backlash against Reigns is because of how the match went down. OP, you didn't say so, but I'm assuming you're getting at how we could fix how the crowd reacted?

I was against Reigns winning, but I don't think this backlash was warranted. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm betting what I'm about to write will resonate with a few of you. I have no issue with Reigns as a top tier carder. What I don't want is another ten years of an infallible superhero with no faults. That's not how good fiction works. I think this backlash that the WWE and Reigns experienced is because the fans don't trust the WWE to give them anything else but an updated version of Cena for a decade.

If I were booking Reigns to win, I could think of a couple things I'd change, but as others have said, the end result is the same; fans getting disenfranchised with the product (even at a short term basis).

It should have come down to him and Daniel Bryan and Reigns should have been the one to eliminate him. They shake hands, they have a lengthy battle, and Reigns chucks his midget ass over the top rope. Sure, Bryan marks are still upset but at least you've dealt with that fanbase head on. Reigns will have some backlash for awhile but it'll eventually subside.

And admittedly they could have had a better final for, it became too obvious at that point. They tried to sugar coat it with the Rock etc.

Austin eliminated The Rock, Batista eliminated Reigns, Michaels Undertaker etc and so forth.

I know it's difficult with the face-face dynamic but once the ring is cleared you have them shake hands and get down to it. The crowd will be split but that's wrestling these days. Unfortunately some fans can't handle it.

But I have no problem with how it went down originally. The person that needed to win, the guy with the banking upside won.

Lets say under every circumstance you had to have Roman Reigns as the rumble winner this year. In some ways I'm glad things happened as they did because that means Reigns is gonna have to step up his game and they'll probably give him better promos and lines like they did this raw.

But lets say u had control over the rumble. How would you have had him win it. And HE has to win it. What possible way could wwe have made this rumble look good with reigns coming out on top.

MY opinion is that we have bryan and reigns final two. A little bit of a staredown. Then they put on about 5-10 minutes of a very good wrestling match before reigns tosses bryan over the top rope. But bryan hangs on and while hes standing on the apron, Reigns spears him through the second rope. Hence he doesnt get eliminated but bryan does. And a cool spot like that wouldve gotten a pretty good reaction from the fans.

What about u guys. And again, Reigns has to win so no answers like 'I wouldnt have had him win in the first place'.

Great idea. Have Bryan and Reigns the final two, and wrestle a good, entertaining 10 minute match, with Reigns looking good throughout, and maybe showcasing some new moves. I like that spear off the apron elimination idea, thats genius.

So Reigns wins. And here's the kicker:

And then to help solidify Reigns as 'the man,' Bryan would come back into the ring, and shake hands with Reigns congratulating him, presenting him to the crowd, and raising his hand up like The Rock did. This would have helped alleviate the BOOs coming down in Philly as their favorite, Daniel Bryan, was giving his 'OK' to Reigns, as Bryan encourages the crowd to cheer and give this man props and respect. This coming from their prodigal son, Daniel Bryan, instead of the Rock, would have a more meaningful effect.

BOOM. Reigns is 'The Man.'

^ exactly, but the WWE fears Daniel Bryan fans and it's sad to see the company behind Be A Star, shrink in the face of bullies.

Reigns eliminates Bryan, handshake. Boom, finished. The Rock did it for Cena. Batista tapped for Bryan. Orton made Daniel Bryan look like a million bucks throughout the fall of 2013. Shawn Michaels even tapped for Bryan on RAW.

This business is always about paying it forward.

Firstly, i wouldn't have brought Daniel Bryan back at the rumble, told him he will return in Feb and that's where he gets his payback on Kane, that would've calmed the Bryan fans down. after that, have Reigns come in around 15. have Big Show come out sometime after. have just them two in the ring when he comes, then have him eliminate Show ON HIS OWN!! then have the ring feel up and have him battle other heels and eventually have it be down to Reigns and another top heel (not Show or Kane) and have Triple H try to help, have Rock then help Reigns to make it fair, then have that top heel and Reigns battle it out and have Reigns win it. the issue with the Reigns win was how it was booked. 1st they angered the fans by having Bryan eliminated early and uneventfully, then they angered fans with lame people in the rumble match AFTER Bryan and then they really angered fans by having Show and Kane dominate guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Ziggler and others. the reaction Big Show got when he came out told the story on how bad Show is to the fans. when the fans barely even boo the man, that should be the answer on how serious the fans take him (and in case you didnt hear it, when Big Show came out, it was silent). but that's how i would've booked it, have Bryan not even back in WWE and have Reigns get rid of Big Show early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back