WWE Roster Cuts, Should Be Released, and "Future Endeavored" Discussion

You're right there, absolutely no need to bring someone back if they aren't going to be used. I can't say I'm suprised though as Eugene got no entrance on RAW and did the job to the Miz, in a weird way it's almost as if they re-hired the man so they could fire him. But in all seriousness, it just doesn't make any sense (unless there is a valid reason, like Dinsmore failing another test but surely after his history he wouldn't even go there).

Actually, Nick Dunsmore was originally hired back to the WWE to become a trainer for the business. They only used the Eugene character for the one show so they could place an emphasis & more credibility in an unknown superstar to win a contract over someone who is very established. The Eugene release was most likely to rid of any rumors that he will be an active wrestler. They are still using him as a trainer apparently.

Last time I checked, Nick Dinsmore (the person who plays Eugene) was completely released from his contract. I read on The Sun that apparently, he showed up out of shape and Vince McMahon wasn’t happy about it since he cares about first impressions. That’s what I read so you can take it for a grain of salt.

If he really was released then I don’t think there’s much to say. He was brought back, did a few house shows, and appeared once on TV. Not much really.

I guess bringing him back to only have him released a month later was a waste of time. He wasn’t even given a chance to work with the younger talent in FCW or anything. I think they should have gave him a chance even if he was out of shape (if he was really released and that was the reason) to help out the younger talent. Who knows? He might have been a great addition to the trainers. Like I said, there really isn’t much to say and it was a waste of time bringing him back if he was going to be released a month later. I guess it’s back to the Indies for him.

well of the top of my head their are two people i think should be released, Jimmy Wang Yang and Kung Fu Naki they should either be released or put in a tag team because they arent doing anything. i used to like them aswell.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, but get rid of the F'n Miz. He is horrible on the mic, and his matches suck. What in the hell were they smoking when they had him in a co main event with cena.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, but get rid of the F'n Miz. He is horrible on the mic, and his matches suck. What in the hell were they smoking when they had him in a co main event with cena.

What are you smoking?! The Miz is absolute gold on the mic and is improving greatly on the mic. Their PPV match wasn't that good, but the match between Cena and the Miz on the Raw following that PPV was incredible. The Miz is one of the best up and coming stars in the WWE today.

What are you smoking?! The Miz is absolute gold on the mic and is improving greatly on the mic. Their PPV match wasn't that good, but the match between Cena and the Miz on the Raw following that PPV was incredible. The Miz is one of the best up and coming stars in the WWE today.

The Miz isn't and never will be good in the WWE. What has he achieved without Morrison????????? Nothing! He sucks, thats why! People here on wrestlezone think that he is a god or something. He isn't. He aint a good wrestler and he never will be!

The Miz isn't and never will be good in the WWE. What has he achieved without Morrison????????? Nothing! He sucks, thats why! People here on wrestlezone think that he is a god or something. He isn't. He aint a good wrestler and he never will be!

While I find his phrase of "IIIIIII'M AWESOMMMMMME" to be a tad repetitive at times, Miz is absolutely terrific. His feud against Cena (despite the horrible PPV match that turned him into a bitch) was brilliant, him coming as The Calgary Kid was a good twist, and he's pushed in the midcard in hopes of getting the U.S. title. His wrestling is good nonetheless.

Personally, I like the Miz. I never thought I would when he first showed up. I always thought he was colorful on the Real World, and I could relate to him because I loved wrestling too, but when I saw him on those shows and he'd talk about "the Miz" I thought it was awful... Only Vince McMahon could actually turn that into something. Sure, he has a lot of work ahead of him.. But very few wrestlers walk in, grab the belt and woo us all.

Why they Released Burke i have no clue. But he seems to be doing Ok For him Self in TNA as The Pope D"angleo Dinero. As for Kenny Being Released that was all in Part to Donald Trump when Trump owned WWE for 1 week he actually canned a few people in that time. But as for the Others Getting Released they Just wernt Cut out to BE in WWE in MY Opinon except for Maybe Corvon and Kevin Thorn.

As for Kenny Being Released that was all in Part to Donald Trump when Trump owned WWE for 1 week he actually canned a few people in that time.

Actually, Kenny was released in November of 2008, a while before that Trump angle.

Does anybody else think that WWE is going to be cutting Masters soon? I would really REALLY hate it if they did. He hasn't been on RAW for three weeks straight now, and he's won a grand total of ONE match since his re-debut... on Superstars... against Santino. In every other match, he's been jobbing. Maybe I'm just worrying too much but I really think that WWE is content with making him a jobber for a few good months before releasing him again. If they are going to release him it would absolutely suck, he would have made a great US title contender, and possible future main eventer.

Yup Chris Maasters i totally getting wasted.....the ones who may get fired are Jesse,Jimmy Wang Yang and Funaki cause they are totally getting wasted and not being used at all

it completely bamboozles me how WWE can be so stupid to release potentially great talent such as ken kennedy and the like but insist on keeping hold of horny......the extremely thing is that chavo will probably be realesed before that poisoned dwarf is!!!!

While I find his phrase of "IIIIIII'M AWESOMMMMMME" to be a tad repetitive at times, Miz is absolutely terrific. His feud against Cena (despite the horrible PPV match that turned him into a bitch) was brilliant, him coming as The Calgary Kid was a good twist, and he's pushed in the midcard in hopes of getting the U.S. title. His wrestling is good nonetheless.
maybe this is wwe's way of bringing back catchphrases.
every great wrestler had a catchphrase and that was partially what got them over with the fans.
the is an average performer in the ring but definately has good mic skills which can only improve.
i reckon he will be getting the us title sooner rather than later.

i honestly think the only reason they brought masters back was because they fired kennedy.
i never really rating masters in his first run with wwe and i still dont rate him now.

as far as who should be released IMO they shouldn't release any of the superstars but maybe they should take a few off air for a short while and bring them back on tv repackaged as something else entirely I will even give a few examples:

Jimmy Wang Yang and Funaki should come off of the air for about three months and then they should have somebody like Jillian as her original character come out and challenge the tag champs to a title match and the champs agree only to find themselves facing a masked team calling themselves the EOE (Extreme Orient Express)

They should take Knoble and repackage him as the pitbull and team him up with a large wrestler who is new to the WWE and call their team the Junkyard Dogs and they become one of the new dominate teams in the WWE

so instead of releasing what superstars would you repackage and bring out in a new light to the WWE fans

I think guys that don't get used should be repackaged and not fired. There are so many ways these guys can be used and put on tv again. The teaming of Wang and Funaki would be great and someone like Gail Kim to have a asian team would be something new to see in the tag team division. Mike Knox and Jamie Noble or Charlie Haas would make a good team. Use the talent you have, even a new repackaged jobbers or something. Give them gimmicks that can make sense and mix them up on and off tv

Nowadays at least if any good wrestlers get dropped, at least you know where you'll see them in a few months. Burke and Morgan for example, are far better where they are now. WWE has the money, they should keep people and try to repackage people. People like Festus and Mike Knox should be relevant, and while Slam Master j is a bit much, creative should take risks on these characters.

In November of 2008, few people would've believed that Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy and Umaga would all be gone from WWE. Every year, WWE let's some wrestlers go or some wrestlers take time off to do other stuff. Sometimes the wrestlers that go are merely jobbers, but sometimes there can be main eventers or midcarders with real potential that can end up leaving, like the names mentioned above.

So I ask you, who will be gone from WWE by November 2010?
I'm starting to think, judging by the last week, that Dolph Ziggler might end up being fired.
Some former members of the Spirit Squad have been repackaged and been given small pushes, but they usually end up being released. While Dolph has made it further than his fellow SS members, I'm starting to think WWE have given up on him. He hasn't won the IC title after 6 or 7 opportunities, he was the first person eliminated from the Survivor Series match and he jobbed to Kofi on Raw. I don't if this is just a short term thing cause he's pissed some people off, but I think WWE just don't wanna push him anymore.

So what do you guys think? Will WWE finally get rid of Shelton Benjamin? Will they release some people who are becoming jobbers like Primo or Evan Bourne?

Which members of the spirit squad got pushed other than Kenny and Dolph? They were all released before coming up again.

As for who'd going to be gone by this time next year, I'm going to go with Escobar (who's bland, generic and brings nothing (not even a name) to the table), Jesse (do I need to explain why?), Curt Hawkins (where is he anyway? but as I recall, Ryder got over, he didnt.), and a couple of guys nobody's heard of in FCW (because there are always releases of guys I've never heard of in the developmental system. and because that's what it's there for, to serve as a filter for talent. if you're bad you get dropped. simple as).

Ziggler is a tool for guys like Morrison to build up credibility against. Once WWE finds a real challenger then Ziggler will be gone. Kozlov and Jackson are horrible and should both be fired. Jesse and Festus are useless. Primo sucks. All those guys should be fired.

Other than that the overall roster is pretty good right now.

It was reported on Wrestlezone.com earlier today that WWE is expected to make some main roster cuts that will affect the ECW and Smackdown shows sufficiently.

Everybody is trying to save money right now, and ECW just isn't raking in the cash or the ratings. With Superstars on Thursday nights, I'm thinking ECW will either be shut down, or be turned into an off-air training ground like FCW.

This may be a little extreme (pun intended), and maybe they'll just cut a few people. But it makes no sense to me for ECW to continue on if they're going to make roster cuts. All the no-names that they pay to show up on ECW every week that are supposed to be turning into the WWE's newest stars...?

What are your thoughts? Will ECW remain open, and who's getting cut?

The People that I think will be released soon from the ECW cuts are:

DJ Gabriel: Has not been used for months
Paul Burchill: Loses a career match every week and would not fit in on any other brand
Rosa Mendes: No Storyline and can't wrestle

Actually, Rosa Mendes does have a storyline. Her and Ryder are being a perfect hilarious annoying couple together, and it's great.

Wishful thinking wants Gabriel and Burchill to team up, but they'll probably be released. Burchill lost in his contract match as "The Ripper", so he's basically lost in limbo. He'll either be moved or fired, or this could lead to an interesting storyline where he's in disguise every week. But, I doubt it.

Kozlov is probably on the way out. I can't see anything left for him cause his only purpose on ECW was to eventually put over Jackson.

IMO, I think the WWE should have kept Ken Kennedy. He had the potential to rise to the top more than a lot of the other jobbers in WWE right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back