Who Wins This Matchup?

• Triple H

• Terry Funk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WWE Region. It is a Street Fight, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

madison-square-garden.jpg

Rules: This is an anything goes match but the pinfall or submission must take place in the ring.

triple-h.jpg

#2. Triple H

Vs.

funk_terry.jpg

#7. Terry Funk

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume the wrestlers are at full strength after their first two matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Triple H and Cactus Jack. Street fight. Madison Square Garden.

Triple H. Cactus Jack. Street Fight. Madison Square Garden.

Triple. H. Cactus. Jack. Street. Fight. Madison. Square. Garden.

Now, I got it all out there, so we don't need to keep repeating it. But it's really the only reason I need; Triple H makes like his spirit animal (Harley Race), and beats the Funker.

This is HHH and it really shouldn't be close when you think about it.

We're talking about the primes of the careers here. Terry Funk's greatest period was when he held the NWA World Title in the mid 1970s (yes ECW fans, there's something more important than his thank you for everything reign). That's WAY before Funk became a big time hardcore guy, which is what he needs here. HHH was a great brawler in 2000, which is widely regarded as the peak of his career. He's more than held his own in brawls before, including wins over a big list of top level talent not limited to:

Brock Lesnar
Cactus Jack
Steve Austin

That's quite the list of victims and Funk will be added to that list here.

HHH easily. HHH has beaten Foley in a street fight, he has beaten HBK, Lesner, Austin, and Flair in the same kind of match. There is no reason I can think of that he wouldn't do the same to Terry Funk. It would be a brutal bloody brawl, and HHH would come out on top and into the next round.

This would be a pure out brawl. And as great as HHH as been in brawls with the likes of Foley, Rock, Austin, etc... Terry Funk's in a league of his own in terms of brawling. And this proceeds his days in ECW. Funk would brawl with the best in the world during his prime and come out smelling like roses.

HHH can be had in a match of this caliber against an opponent as sadistic as Funk can be. I'll vote for Funk here and won't bat an eyelash about it.

Man, this would've been a classic. Terry Funk is tough as hell, and could take a lot of the sadistic punishment that Triple H would dish out. Blood and thumbtacks everywhere. Maybe something or someone would end up on fire.

But, just like his hardcore matches against Cactus Jack, and countless others, Triple H would go over here.

Triple H would probably win this, like many of mentioned above he has won a lot of high profile street fights. This match would probably play out similar to the match Triple H had with Mick Foley.

This would be an amazing match, one that I would pay a lot of money to see. Against almost anyone else I would go with Terry Funk in a street fight, the man has been in some of the most brutal matches of all time and would no doubt give Hunter the fight of his life here!

However, I am going with The Game in this one. In his prime Triple H has beaten the best in bloody wars, including Stone Cold, Mick Foley and many more. He's very suited to this kind of match and with both men pumping blood he would nail Funk with a Pedigree on thumbtacks and take the win here.

Terry Funk was hardcore LONG before ECW, in fact pick a hardcore stip (outside exploding barbwire natch) and the Funkster has experience in his prime... better than that, he has experience against a guy like Triple H. Now Triple H may have victories over Mick Foley but (no harm to Mick) but a prime Terry would be a far more daunting proposition than someone famous for losing hardcore matches.

Now, some might say that MSG is Triple H's home territory. Funk has beaten Race in Missouri, Lawler in Memphis and, as NWA Champion, it was his job to walk into other peoples back yards and walk out victorious.

I'm not saying that Funk would win here but it is far from red that Triple H would either. So, like Lariat, I have no qualms in voting for the man from the Double Cross Ranch.

I would have to think that this street fight would eclipse the Triple H/Cactus Jack one in terms of violence. The guy could brawl, and he could take a beating like few others ever could. Just look at some of his Death Match stuff from Japan.

But Terry also does business the right way, and in the grand scheme of things, it's more important for someone like Triple H to go over than it is for him. Funk does the honors in a wild match, and Triple H wins.

If it wasn't for the fact that Triple H has basically booked himself for the last decade, this would be a much easier battle for Funk. Unfortunately you really can't deny how successful Triple H has been in the WWE. Sure, he was never a huge draw like his peers Rocky or Austin, but he became a main event mainstay for over a decade and in that time put on some great matches and feuds despite the general disdain the internet has for him because of his backstage politics. So I can see why some are not only voting for Triple H here, but claiming it not to be very close even.

I'm going to disagree with them. Sure, Funk is one of my personal favorites and that's pretty well known around here so I won't deny that's playing a part in my voting, but the man's legacy and accomplishments should not be just glossed over because he never had a proper WWF run as a main eventer. Terry Funk in his prime was a force to be reckoned with, a legit World Champion who wrestled on every continent in every kind of match, and beat almost everyone there was to beat. If it wasn't for his brother Dory's reign slightly overshadowing his, he'd be fondly remembered as one of the greatest NWA champions of all time right there with Flair and Race. But Funk's true skill was adaptation. He could not only adapt to any style, he adapted with age and changed his style significantly to remain relevant when most of his peers had long since retired (not that he didn't claim to retire a good dozen times as well) and his hard work rewarded him as he became a 2 time ECW World champion when that belt was actually relevant.

The stipulation here has to favor Funk. Sure, Hunter has had his fair share of Street Fights and hardcore matches, but in most of those matches he worked them as a man clearly out of his element (see: Royal Rumble 2000) who cheated and lucked his way into victory. As time went on that changed and he could work a brawl with the best of them, but that still doesn't compare to the hardcore experience of Funk, whose actually worked deathmatches with live explosives, a far cry from some padded chairs and stunt tables. This is a close one and I wouldn't fault anyone for going with Hunter, but I see Funk working the stipulation to his advantage to take out Triple H.

Great match but an easy choice. Triple H has gone up against some of the toughest brawlers in wrestling and beaten them in street fights. Funk would put up a hell of a fight and cause Triple H to lose a lot of blood put in the end he would be the one looking up at the lights.

This is probably the best possible match Funk could have pulled, and he still loses. HHH, as much as I can't stand a majority of his work, excels in this type of match. Funker, who might be my favorite wrestler ever, always did what was best for business, and will put HHH over here. HHH just eats people's lunches in these kinds of matches.

This is HHH and it really shouldn't be close when you think about it.

We're talking about the primes of the careers here. Terry Funk's greatest period was when he held the NWA World Title in the mid 1970s (yes ECW fans, there's something more important than his thank you for everything reign). That's WAY before Funk became a big time hardcore guy, which is what he needs here. HHH was a great brawler in 2000, which is widely regarded as the peak of his career. He's more than held his own in brawls before, including wins over a big list of top level talent not limited to:

Brock Lesnar
Cactus Jack
Steve Austin

That's quite the list of victims and Funk will be added to that list here.

Pretty much nailed it on the head right here. The voting shouldn't be close, but the match itself damn-well will be!

Trips has defeated some pretty great names in this kind of environment.

Funk is tough as all hell and is a legend of both kicking ass and getting his own ass kicked, but the only chance he would have is his own toughness if it turned into a shoot fight and even then, Trips's gigantic muscles will have him beat.

I don't think Funk should win just because it's a street fight. The way Trips owned Mick (while he really shouldn't have, considering the circumstances) goes to show that kayfabe logic takes a back seat to whoever is the bigger star (at their peak).

Don't believe me? Last year's WZT had Lou Thesz go over Dusty Rhodes (who had tons more experience at fighting dirty, but was a lesser star). Add to that Trips being a famous brawler in his own right and he'll definitely go over.

This would be a great match to see, very violent, with a lot of blood to spill and many, many weapons to see.

Terry Funk would probably torture Triple H with bats, chairs, thumbtacks, tables etc but after all, Triple H has been in the most violent matches you can imagine: street fights, cage matches, LMS matches, elimination chamber and of course, hell in a cell matches and has won them all against oponents such as Austin, Foley, Goldberg and many more S.O.B.

Triple wins this match after a very bloody fight.

Aye, not really much to offer beyond what's been said. Triple H has consistently won street matches against some pretty huge names. Funk, whilst he was big back in the day has probably never really been as popular as HHH and more to the point in this match, I don't think at his peak he'd be beating Triple H in a gimmick match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back