WWE Payback: WWE United States Championship - Kevin Owens (c) VS Chris Jericho

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The first official match for the first post WrestleMania ppv was announced on Raw tonight and it'll feature Chris Jericho getting his rematch with Kevin Owens for the United States Championship. Given how Jericho was taken out of action by Owens and Samoa Joe tonight, I think they'll probably keep the physicality between them to a minimum, at least as far as wrestling against each other goes as it'll just make the match at Payback mean more.

Owens will almost certainly retain against Jericho due in no small part to Jericho taking, at least, the entire month of May off to tour with his band Fozzy. Also, based on what we saw tonight, I'd say there's a good chance that Finn Balor will ultimately be Owens' next challenger for the title given that he pinned Owens in the tag match in which he substituted as Rollins' partner. I think it'd be cool for Balor to chase the title through the summer and ultimately come out with the win at SummerSlam.

their match was one of the highlights of WrestleMania for me last night as they put on a fantastic and I expect the same thing from them at Payback.

With Jericho heading on tour I don't see him winning the title back but instead doing the same thing he did last night and that's make Owens look like 100% gold even more than he does on his own.

I'm not usually excited for rematches but I'm liking the fact they put this on the PPV instead of an episode of RAW. Depending on the rest of the card I may actually tune in for this one.

This needs a stipulation. It has gotten really personal. Ladder, Steel Cage, 2/3 Falls would be my personal preferences.

Owens will most likely retain, as he should.

I also believe that the US Championship will turn into a bigger deal now that Owens is holding it and will become RAW's #1 prize when Lesnar is missing. So get ready for double main events:

a) US title match with possible contenders in Owens, Y2J, Balor and Joe for the next PPVs.
b) Roman Reigns as a special attraction until he meets with Lesnar.

I agree this needs to be some kind of gimmick match. I'm thinking either an "I Quit" match or Last Man Standing match.... Since we know Jericho is taking a hiatus to tour with Fozzy, they could make it a "career ending match" so they can easily write Jericho out of the storylines for awhile.

As others have mentioned this needs a stipulation which means that it probably won't have one.

I thought at WrestleMania there was a slight chance Jericho would retain and then he'd lose it at Payback but yeah, with all the Fozzy stuff that's gonna be happening later this Spring and into the Summer there's zero chance Jericho wins here.

I guess that it's the last match of Jericho before he goes on the tour.

I think that Kevin Owens retains his title in this match and then proceeds to write Chris Jericho off TV.

Also, Chris Jericho could return near Summerslam either to elongate this feud or get another feud. I agree that this match should be a gimmick that makes it feel even more personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back