WWE Over The Limit - Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole - Kiss My Foot Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brain

King Of The Ring
There are always threads popping up about the Lawler/Cole feud. Let’s keep the discussion for their next match in here. These two will wrestle in a kiss my foot match at Over The Limit. Will this finally be the end of their feud? With Swagger seemingly finished with Cole the odds are firmly on Lawler’s side. With the heat Cole has been getting I could see him winning yet again and becoming more pompous than ever after getting Lawler’s hall of fame ring. How do you see this playing out?

I dont think Cole could get anymore annoying or pompous. This feud has gone on long enough and if the fans dont receive the payoff, theyre going to lose interest. Theyve milked this angle dry as much as possible. The story arch has been overdue for an ending. If they dont end it now, even the most casual fan will stop giving a shit.

This needs to end! a "kiss my feet match" really? REALLY? I dont like to bitch about wwe because i love it but come on this is just sad! Lawler and Cole are not wrestlers (well Lawler isnt anymore) i am sick of them taking up so much time on RAW with this nonsense! if it doesn't end soon i will be watching only Smackdown

This should be a pretty entertaining angle. Hopefully Cole steals a page from Lawler's own playbook, and avoids washing his foot until the ppv. I can still remember the King's disgusting foot going into his KMF match with Bret all those years ago.

As for whether this will be the end of the Lawler/Cole feud, I certainly hope so. While I've enjoyed the program so far, it's definitely gone on longer than any pro-wrestling feud should, and it's time to have it resolved. Yet somehow, I doubt that will happen. The Cole/Lawler program has been big for the WWE for the past several months, and I can't imagine the blow-off will occur at a lesser ppv. Unfortunately, I can see the WWE dragging it out until Summerslam.

On the bright side, however, if Lawler wins at Over the Limit it could set the stage for Cole to form a "Cole-Mine" faction to gain revenge. Setting up Cole as a heel manager of a stable consisting of young, but green heels would certainly help put over whoever is involved, and would be a positive outcome to this feud. But perhaps that's wishful thinking. Really though, if this feud isn't resolved at OTL I simply don't see how it can continue on any longer with the same players and premise.

This has to end at Mania. There is no other way around it. This has gone on for way too long. Nobody wants to see a rivalry between two non wrestlers going any further. As for a stable, please. Swagger abandoning Cole has put him in a position where EVERYBODY hates him. And enough talk about Summerslam. Does anyone really want to see this go on for another 3 months? I don't. Another 3 months of this and the product is gonna start to suffer.

This should have ended a month and a half ago. Considering that the WWE hits the basics so well that they're making wrestling boring, I'm surprised that they've botched this angle as badly as they have.

I'm not stating that the angle is a complete failure. I'm saying that now it is dragging on for the sake of its continued existence; like a guy that says a joke once, has people laugh, and then repeats it four times. But why didn't they have the payoff at WrestleMania (which was decidedly void of payoffs), then set this feud to a low-intensity simmer over months as Cole and King try to work in the booth together? At that point, you're free to start the feud back up at any time you so desire; it's leaving food on the table for later.

But when the WWE gets something that works these days, they ride it into the fucking ground. People were digging the Cole/King storyline. Wrestling 101 says you have the weak bad guy constantly fleeing from the aggrieved good guy, evading him through various machinations until the good guy finally traps the bad guy, and it's usually live on pay-per-view. It's a storyline you see a half-dozen times a year because it works, every single time.

Instead, King hasn't really gotten his triumph over Michael Cole, and to be honest, right now I could give a shit if he does or doesn't. I no longer have anything invested in Jerry Lawler in his feud with Michael Cole; I just want to see them end it.

If Jerry sucks foot, I riot.

I really hope the Cole/Lawler angle ends at Over the Limit, it was interesting at first but now WWE has made it last too long. I also hope that it will be a squash match that lasts about five minutes tops, give the other matches more time. That way, Cole gets his butt handed to him, is submissive, and gets on to only commentating on the action in the ring. Everyone would be happy with that.

This has to end at Mania. There is no other way around it. This has gone on for way too long. Nobody wants to see a rivalry between two non wrestlers going any further. As for a stable, please. Swagger abandoning Cole has put him in a position where EVERYBODY hates him. And enough talk about Summerslam. Does anyone really want to see this go on for another 3 months? I don't. Another 3 months of this and the product is gonna start to suffer.

Swagger has supposedly abandoned Cole before, only to side with him again. And "everybody" doesn't hate Cole; at the very least he would have Miz and Riley on his side. And regardless, creative can write whatever they want to happen; if this feud is to continue, I would just rather see creative put a stable together (ie: involve more wrestlers) than continue to dedicate so much airtime to non-wrestlers. As for "enough talk about Summerslam", I never said I wanted the feud to last that long. I just said that I suspect it will.

There is no way Cole can win three times in a row is there? There haven't been many kiss my foot matches in WWE or anywhere for matter. One rule that is always true is the heel who set up the match is going to lose. Cole will kiss Lawler's foot and then his own. In kayfabe sense its a big deal, but in reality what is so bad about it? This match will be boring as hell. I could care less who wins or who kisses what. I just want to see this feud end finally. Swagger or even Jim Ross may decide the outcome on this one.

Just end this at Over the Limit, it was interesting at first and should have ended at Wrestlemania but now it's going on for too long. End it here and put Cole exclusively on Smackdown so they are separated. Also give Jack Swagger something better to do and as much as I hate to say it, Cole was actually right on yesterday's segment. Without Cole there would be no Swagger in WM.

They had the perfect build up for the Mania match, then they fucked it up. The build to Extreme Rules was okay... they fucked it up again. Judging by the recent trends, there is nothing that would lead me to believe that they won't fuck this up for a third time.

I hope they get it right. King needs to just squash him and end this entire thing. Now. Cole needs to go on to something different because while he is a good heel character, it really hurts his commentary. Make him the GM or make him a mouthpiece for someone. He's much better off in a role like that.

Just please, don't waste a lot of damn time on this and give us the damn ending we should have gotten 2 months ago. This has gotten way out of hand.

Clearly this is a sneak preview in what WWE will offer as an entertainment company. Commentator's competiting in ridiculous, stale matches. Probably better just to stay a wrestling company I think. The only decent prospect from this match is that JS may turn face, which will open up possibilities for him.

This feud has overstayed its welcome. I'm still thinking it should've ended but now it's just getting annoying. King should just pick up the win on Sunday and put this program to rest. Maybe put Cole on the shelf and get him off television for awhile. This feud has just gone on way too long and involving Lawler's mother is uncalled for at this point in my opinion. Cole already draws enough heat without referencing her.

This has lasted long enough. I am hoping that this will elevate Swagger a bit because it has overstayed its welcome and while Swagger does get some heel heat from hanging out with the most annoying person on Raw.... Lawler should be done with this feud by now. Why can't a wrestler that needs a push be representing Lawler? That would be a good way to make he feud less boring. Anyways, the match is my pick early on for the match I go to the fridge for water and a snack during. I am not expecting anything out of it because there is really nothing else we an get out of it on PPV that we haven't aready seen. Lawler wins and this useless feud finally ends.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Jerry Lawler will defeat Michael Cole.

As many have said, this thing has BEEN jumped the shark. Please end it, please let it be a squash from Jerry, with a bit of help from Swagger. If they turn Swagger face, then that will work, and could even somewhat get over in the current WWE climate. King should crush him, and then retire, please, so we dont have to hear them bickering like old ladies the whole show.

Better yet, reveal Cole as the general manager, and the bring back JR. Yea, that one.

Why the hell are we still talking about this match in May? No one cares anymore. How many times has King actually gotten a bit of revenge on Cole in the last month or so? Why can't King be the bigger man and just quit? I really don't see the point of another fucking match for fucks sake. I could see the WWE having fun with this and not only make Lawler kiss Cole’s foot, but also piss an assload of people by presenting Cole with a WWE Hall of Fame ring. I don't think the WWE will give these guys 15 more minutes therefore, I think it'll end quick. Cole won't go into the 2012 Hall of Fame and I'll riot if he does. Fucking end it.

Hamler's Prediction - Jerry "The King" Lawler

Please, please let this feud die tonight. I thought this would finally be over after Extreme Rules, but WWE has decided to continue this. This feud has become the prime example of overkill, and I really hope this doesn't continue any longer. King should finally get his revenge tonight. When it comes to quality, I have zero expectations for this match, because the past two encounters between Cole and Lawler haven't been anything to remember. Also, if Lawler wins this, I hope Cole will become an exclusive member of the Smackdown announce team, because the constant bickering between Lawler and Cole has become very tiresome.

I didn't bother to read the rest of the predictions or comments on this match, because Im guessing they've said a couple of things.

One, this feud should have ended a long time ago. There was a thread in the Raw section wondering if John Cena was the reason for the dip in Raw's ratings(a rediculous notion), when in reality it's likely that the feud between two commentators, one who is completely inept physically.

Two, this match needs to be short, sweet, and a decisive end to this feud. Cole's gone over Lawler on two straight PPV's, something that shouldn't have happened in the first place, let alone been given the time it has. Tonight needs to change that. Cole needs to eat a piledriver, kiss Lawler's foot, and disapear from TV for awhile. And Jim Ross needs to call this match.

LSN's Prediction: Jerry Lawler defeats Michael Cole

This feud has gone on and on and now finally it looks like it’s going to end. With the whole HOF stuff and the lack of Swagger, Cole is more or less out of options here. This feud flat out needs to end and this is the perfect chance to do it. Lawler has been humiliated time after time and it’s finally time for Cole to get what’s coming to him. Sadly though I think I’ll be wrong but the odds are with Lawler here so I’ll pick him.

As great as it was to see Bret Hart last night and the ties he had with Lawler and feet, did anyone else expect or hope to see Daniel Bryan come out for some revenge?

Arguably Cole's first target in his turn was Bryan and still takes a lot of shots at him whenever he can. Seeing as they were in Bryan's home state I would have loved to see him get a good pop and get his hands on Cole too. I guess if Bret hadn't been able to manage then Bryan would have been the contingency plan.

Decent enough pay-off to the feud and I hope they take Cole away from commentary now because he's too distracting.

Well that was actually a very solid blow-off to a long feud. Now whether its actually over or not remains to be seen, but I feel a sense of closure stemming from last night.

A few points to make, though.

1. on Daniel Bryan. Yes, it would have been tremendous for him to come out last night and LeBel Lock Cole. But at the same time, I can't help but think with 3 hall of famers and one smoking hot Diva in the ring, Daniel Bryan may have been hurt more than helped by attacking a prone commentator 4-on-1. Cole hasn't mentioned Bryan in months, really, so for Bryan to come out and take shots at Cole would have been like jerking off to National Geographic - satisfying in the short term but probably damaging over time.

2. on Jack Swagger. Part of me thinks that WWE cut Swagger's losses in this feud by having him just not show up for Cole last night. But again, if last night was the blow off in the feud, why not give Swagger closure too? He desperately needs to move on from this, but I can't help but think we've more to see from the whole ordeal since Swagger was held off the PPV.

3. on the RAW GM. While Cole may make the most sensible choice (and as NorCal points out, taking Cole out of the announce position for the GM role would free up a spot for JR), he's been fairly overexposed lately and I think the fans have grown weary of him. Bret Hart as Raw GM would work a little better, me thinks.

I loved the ending. I bet Cole liked it since he was sucking off Lawler's toes like a maniac. Seeing him get humiliated like that was simply awesome and Bret Hart turning up reminds me of exactly one year ago after Over the Limit when he was the general manager that made Batista quit. I'm really interested to see what goes down in tonight's Raw and finally that fool Cole has nothing else to brag about. Question is, why they did drag this on for so long? It could have just ended like that at Wrestlemania and more time could have gone onto superstars that actually need TV time instead of Cole rambling on and on about himself.

And lol @ the referee when he ripped that paper. The last thing I needed to see was Cole getting away from this.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Jerry Lawler will defeat Michael Cole.

Glad I got this one right. Like most everyone else, I think this feud lasted far too long. Cole getting put in the Sharpshooter and poured BBQ sauce all over was the best moment of the evening and will be a sure candidate for moment of the year later on. The fans have been waiting months to see something like that. I doubt this will shut Cole up, he should be a heel manager or something instead. We all know he won't be shutting up though, things may just be beginning for the most annoying man in WWE due to the heel heat he keeps getting. The match was about as good as it could be for a match between two announcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back