WWE Missed A Big Opportunity For Wrestlemania 30

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
Last Year, last year I was thinking why did some people pay to see stone cold, the rock, and hulk hogan all in the ring at the same time to just do catchphrases but not get get physical. If they wanted they could have save that spot for a quick 1 - 2 min backstage spot, while the opening segment could've been a match for the intercontinental title. Another disappoint is they should just made the main event a fatal 4 way featuring or ton, batista, hhh, and bryan. The story could've been that HHH wanted his main event to solely be Orton vs Batista so he inserts himself and bryan into the match to please the fans. In the match HHH destroys bryan and tells Orton and Batista to have their match. Daniel Bryan and HHH whom are both on the outside begin to fight again and DB some how knocks out HHH and a few seconds later after trying to fight both or ton and batista gets double teamed. Fast Fowarding to the end of the match Austin, Rock , and Hulk Hogan all come out and do their signature moves on the evolution members and daniel Bryan pins HHH. What a great moment it would be if Austin, Rock, Hulk Hogan, and the new WWE World Heayweight Champion Daniel Bryan got together in a YES!!! celebration to end off the show. Now Thats a Great Big Missed Opportunity from last year.

i was there live and for me a kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s the open was the best part of the show i wouldnt have changed it one bit plus for the bryan fans that woulda taken away from his big win and underdog story they had to show he could do it all by himself i. one night against massive odds that and hogan\austin havent done their moves or been physical in years you wouldnt want to put them in a bad light if they cant do their moves anymore

I disagree with the OP's booking ideas. The way WWE went about it we got a ****1/2 opening match, an unforgettable legends moment, and a commendable triple threat title match. Taking away any of those elements, especially the first two, wouldn't have helped the show.

The only way I could have seen Hogan, Rock, and Austin at the end of the show is if they did the WrestleMania X style close. All the faces came out to celebrate Bret Hart's victory. That would have been a cool way to celebrate DB's win. But I digress because I actually enjoyed the way WrestleMania 30 closed with Daniel Bryan in the spotlight.

I was there and the opening segment is one of he coolest thing I've ever seen live. No way I'd have changed that. I don't know if hogan can even do a leg drop anymore and it totally disagree with them helping bryan win. It would have taken away from his moment. I really thought that opening segment and the two bryan matches were booked perfectly. Overall I thought it was one of the best Wrestlemanias. Only part I didn't like was Brock breaking the streak. And the Shields match being so short.

The only thing I would have changed would be Stone Cold giving a stunner to Hogan to end the segment. That'd be such huge money - even if a match never came out of it. However, since Hogan was the host for 'Mania, and without any payoff or getting any kind of revenge he would of course never go for it. And then what does The Rock do, just stand there and watch? I just feel like that segment should have ended with a stunner.

Two Great Daniel Bryan matches to 'end' a brilliant storyline and of course, Loads of YES! chants to end the show.

That opening segment was a dream come true for so many long time fans, no doubts about that, a Great Feel-Good moment to setup what was to come.

The Streak ended, and according to our own KB, the reaction to its ending was off the charts and it will be nigh on impossible to top it in the future with regards to a kayfabe moment, lMO.

-- I think overall, Mania 30 went well. Of course, like any other event, it could have a few changes, but with regards to those mentioned above, which were the Major Moments of Mania 30, I think they were done perfectly and need not be changed whatsoever.

The only thing I would've changed about the opening segment, was adding HBK to it. I would've marked out like crazy. Between those 4 men, i believe that would've covered 28 out of the first 29 wrestlmanias in some sort of way.. Plus thats Mr. Wrestlemania there.. But i'm fine with how the rest of the card went. The streak ending was a legit shock in wrestling for me, and that doesnt happen often anymore..

The only thing I would've changed about the opening segment, was adding HBK to it. I would've marked out like crazy. Between those 4 men, i believe that would've covered 28 out of the first 29 wrestlmanias in some sort of way.. Plus thats Mr. Wrestlemania there.. But i'm fine with how the rest of the card went. The streak ending was a legit shock in wrestling for me, and that doesnt happen often anymore..

Michaels had no business been in the ring with those 3 men, especially with the moment they were creating. The only other person who would belong in their presence, and this would be after he retires, would be John cena.

On to the OP's idea, it sucks. Why would you want to have Daniel Bryans moment overshadowed? The whole point of the storyline was Bryan achieving what he achieved by himself. With him defeating HHH at the start, then the authorities 2 picks, the storyline came full circle.

Michaels had no business been in the ring with those 3 men, especially with the moment they were creating. The only other person who would belong in their presence, and this would be after he retires, would be John cena.

On to the OP's idea, it sucks. Why would you want to have Daniel Bryans moment overshadowed? The whole point of the storyline was Bryan achieving what he achieved by himself. With him defeating HHH at the start, then the authorities 2 picks, the storyline came full circle.

I agree. Randy Savage, if alive, should have been there. Michaels, Undertaker, Bret, Triple H etc. are integral to the business, but never mega-drawing, household name-level guys.

The three WWE Legends was great, but if I were to add a 4th, it would have been Ric Flair. All the others mentioned were good, but to have Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair in the WrestleMania XXX ring at the same time would have put that moment itself into the Hall Of Fame.

No. Wrestlemania XXX, an event I was present for, was booked fantastically well in my opinion. Having the three biggest names in wrestling history open the show was a masterstroke, and gave them all an opportunity to be tree WITHOUT having to physically segue into a match/storyline they had been no part of the build of.

In regards to a fatal 4 way main event, I prefer the way that it actually went down: a 'qualifier' as the opening contest (which also happened to be the match of the night), which also showed just how highly WWE regard Daniel Bryan, as it's rare they trust a wrestler to fight in multiple big matches in one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back