WWE Live Event Championship

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
How about this. A title that is only defended at non-televised events. Wouldn't that spice up house shows considerably? You know the WWE and Tag titles will not be changing hands, but the live event title will be up for grabs almost every time.

You could give it a name like:
• WWE World Tour Championship
• WWE Live Championship

You can give it to main eventers who are not currently in the world title program and have them work house show main events. It could be a big deal and it would definitely be a better attraction than all the title matches that we know won't be changing hands.

+1

WWE Live events need something to make them more interesting. I always have to go to them, but yet I can't stand how boring they currently are.

Isn't that what the Hardcore title was for? As much as I liked the 24/7 rule, it just got stupid at some times with the title changing 10 times in the space of 30 minutes or something stupid like that

Isn't that what the Hardcore title was for? As much as I liked the 24/7 rule, it just got stupid at some times with the title changing 10 times in the space of 30 minutes or something stupid like that

I agree, it became stupid, but a Live Event title doesn't have to be that way. Like I said, they should keep it on the established talent. It should be a main event title, instead of being traded between jobbers like the Hardcore title. Plus, it should be taken seriously. There should be some longer reigns that can span months, until someone takes it off him.

You don't have to acknowledge the title much on TV. It should definitely be mentioned on WWE.com and pimped up in ads for live events, but it shouldn't affect storylines. Like, assume Bryan is feuding with Kane for WWE Payback. There is no title as part of that program, but at live events, Bryan is defending the live event title against Kane. After Bryan beats Kane at the big event, Kane wins the title at a house show.

It gives Kane a big boost during house shows even though he just ended a top program with a loss on TV, and it also gets fans anticipating to see if Kane loses it at their own house show. It could be a good selling point.

How about this. A title that is only defended at non-televised events. Wouldn't that spice up house shows considerably? You know the WWE and Tag titles will not be changing hands, but the live event title will be up for grabs almost every time.

You could give it a name like:
• WWE World Tour Championship
• WWE Live Championship

You can give it to main eventers who are not currently in the world title program and have them work house show main events. It could be a big deal and it would definitely be a better attraction than all the title matches that we know won't be changing hands.

I think it would be a good thing to see some sort of Championship at these House Shows. I remember reading somewhere before Xmas about how Vince & WWE Officials take more notice on performance and ring ability at these dark events than they do with Live RAW and Smackdown Tapings to see how Superstars, especially up and comers, get it done in the ring; Obviously to see if they have "IT" or not.

P.S What about a return of the WWE European Championship for European Tours?

This is a horrible idea. The WWE barely gives attention to the midcard title belts, let alone how they would treat this new championship. I highly doubt that the majority of fans would care about this belt whatsoever. They should not add any new titles until they have restored the importance of the titles already in use by the federation. The worst part of the opening post was the suggested names. "WWE World Tour Championship" doesn't exactly give off any indication of it being an important title. I'm also in no hurry of paying money to see Big Show VS Del Rio in a match for the "WWE Live Championship". The names are awful and the concept is one they absolutely do not need. Let's focus on the active belts and the televised product before worrying too much about a house show exclusive belt.

This is a horrible idea. The WWE barely gives attention to the midcard title belts, let alone how they would treat this new championship. I highly doubt that the majority of fans would care about this belt whatsoever. They should not add any new titles until they have restored the importance of the titles already in use by the federation. The worst part of the opening post was the suggested names. "WWE World Tour Championship" doesn't exactly give off any indication of it being an important title. I'm also in no hurry of paying money to see Big Show VS Del Rio in a match for the "WWE Live Championship". The names are awful and the concept is one they absolutely do not need. Let's focus on the active belts and the televised product before worrying too much about a house show exclusive belt.

Do you not think, as I reverted to in my post, about giving the stars on the roster who are looking to jump into the main event picture a opportunity at a Live Event to character/gimmick build? Also, doesn't adding something like a belt to the equation make these House Shows more appealing in anyway?

I think this is a great idea. That way we could have title matches that actually count. Name it something like WWE Underground Championship. Give it to the Main eventers like Cena and have them basically hold the belt for several month and get knocked off by someone who is almost in a position for a push, like Langston, Reigns or even Ziggler. This way the crowd could gradually get behind them one city at a time and they will be more over on TV. Also people on the internet can look up who the Underground Champion is. They don't ever have to mention it on TV. Fans can watch and just know.

Sorry but I think this idea is pretty dumb. First off would this live events title be acknowledged on tv? It would have to be or nobody would know about it and it would be pointless. Storylinewise why would a guy like Cena want this title?

Also by creating a title like this for this specified reason it would be the WWE even acknowledging in kayfabe that everything is fake. As much as we know it is a work they can't tell us it is in kayfabe.

I think a better idea for a title would be an Internet Championship to be defended on Superstars and the pay per view pre-shows.

I much prefer the idea of the Television title that by requirement MUST be defended at every single Television show, Raw, Main Event, Smackdown!, PPVs, etc. You could really build some mid-card feuds around that.

Sorry but I think this idea is pretty dumb. First off would this live events title be acknowledged on tv?

Aside from the occasional anecdote, no. It would be pimped on WWE.com and in house show advertisements, but it wouldn't affect TV storylines. There's no reason to promote a title on Raw that won't be defended on Raw.

It would have to be or nobody would know about it and it would be pointless.

People will know about it because of Advertisements, ticket vendors, WWE.com, the whole internet, etc.

Storylinewise why would a guy like Cena want this title?

There's no storyline to it. It's defended randomly at live events just to add some energy to the card. Every time a title match is held at a house show, the crowd knows the face champ is going to win and the heel champ is losing by DQ. It becomes boring. This title will be unpredictable.

Also by creating a title like this for this specified reason it would be the WWE even acknowledging in kayfabe that everything is fake. As much as we know it is a work they can't tell us it is in kayfabe.

You're going to have to elaborate on this, as I don't see any reason as to why creating a Live event title throws kayfabe out the window.

I think a better idea for a title would be an Internet Championship to be defended on Superstars and the pay per view pre-shows.

An Internet title would have worked years ago, but not anymore. Every single PPV will be streamed on the internet along with Superstars, NXT and tons of other programming. All titles are internet titles now.

Sorry but I think this idea is pretty dumb. First off would this live events title be acknowledged on tv? It would have to be or nobody would know about it and it would be pointless. Storylinewise why would a guy like Cena want this title?

They wouldn't need to acknowledge it on TV. Title matches are exciting, because you don't know if someone is going to lose a belt. Title matches at house shows are pointless because the champ retains, guaranteed. Having someone with star power carry the belt for a while makes it legit and then that's when someone else gets it. Like Ziggler. People love Ziggler and especially people on the internet.

How many wrestling fans are constantly on websites looking things up. If we know things from what superstars are like behind the scenes to what major names are going to be returning, then we would know who the champion is. Bored with Orton as Champ? Fine, but you can acknowledge that Ziggler is the true underground champion of the WWE.

Legitimate question: How is this better? By having it only on the lowest show and the lowest match on the PPV card, it kind of makes the title worthless. I mean having the belt pretty much relegates you to the jobber show and keeps you off PPV. It would be the opposite of a title.

The benefit of having a house show title is that fans can get more into a match since something is on the line and subsequently get more into the title holder. So if it is Ziggler, like I used in the example, you would notice that each week on TV he is a little more over. And smarks would hold up signs to the effect of "#underground champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back