WWE Hell In A Cell - Big Show VS Rusev

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE.com announced earlier today that the rubber match between Big Show & Rusev will go down at Hell in a Cell. Show won their first match via disqualification, due to Lana grabbing him by the ankle to distract him, being pulled into the ring & cowering in the corner, when Rusev uses the Russian flag against Show as a weapon. Rusev won via disqualification last night due to Mark Henry interfering as Show was clasped in The Accolade.

I see Rusev coming out with the win at HIAC. Personally, I'd love to see Rusev go over clean, but I think Mark Henry will ultimately turn heel and do something to cost Big Show the match. Show's words during a pre-match promo on Raw last night, you know the "all due respect to Mark Henry" bit, all but guarantee that Henry will take offense at the suggestion that Show's the better man.

I think Rusev will win clean without any help. I don't think Henry will interfere. I think he'll actually respect Show's wishes.

However, I think at Survivor Series there will be a handicap match with Rusev facing both Show and Henry and that's when Henry will turn on Show.

I think Rusev will win clean without any help.

I do, too. The Mark Henry interference at the end of Rusev-Show II was a mere distraction, designed to create the need for a rubber match at the PPV. Face it, Show (and the writers) made Rusev look as impressive as we've yet seen him. Despite the big blows landed by Show, Rusev methodically broke him down, not futilely loading up for one big shot that would (hopefully) fell the giant.....but rather, chopping away at different body parts in a calculated manner designed to prove that while it's stupid to stand in front of someone that big and trade shots, you can beat a much bigger person in this fashion. Of course, Rusev himself is rugged enough to carry out this strategy....and looked damn good doing it.

Rusev will win the match at HIAC the same way. While there's no earthly reason why Big Show needs a victory in this match, it's plain as day why Rusev does. Rusev is on his way to something big that will culminate at WM31, while Big Show is an enhancement talent with his best days behind him. By engaging in programs like this, Show stays relevant, so it's all good.

with him being off contract, a Kurt Anmgle run-in would be a great moment just for WWE to gauge what sort of reaction he would generate if he was to resume with the company.
Rusev with Big Show in the camel clutch and Angle runs in from the crowd and takes Rusev apart. If it works, Rusev vs Angle is a ready made feud. If it dies with the live crowd, Angle is training in NXT

So, this is obvious. Anything besides a pure clean submission in the center of the ring would be HORRIBLY disrespectful to The Rock, and therefore, there is only one conclusion to this match. Mark Henry will come in AFTER the match and beat up Show. But there's no WAY that the WWE would allow Rocky's image to be tarnished by having him rub Rusev and then saying the only way Rusev can beat Show is with a run in.

agree, Rusev is going over clean in this match. Why we need to then have Henry vs Big Show again is beyond me, boring as bat shit this pair.

Big Show has been back on TV for a few weeks now. He's due another holiday. Have Rusev kill him in a matter of minutes. Then have Sheamus run out to save show and we have an impromptu U.S. Title match where Rusev wins. Sheamus will have had a competitive match with The Miz earlier in the evening so he won't be hurt by it (not that it matters) and it moves Rsev into a new/fresh feud.

I agree with the general consensus here. Rusev needs to win decisively. They seem to have big plans for him. Big Show is at the point in his career where he's not going to get any real push again most likely, but he's still credible enough to be a useful loser to someone like Rusev in a match like this.

Hoping to see Rusev go over strong, by submission.

Throwing in the marine that jumped the barricade on Monday was a smart idea — in that it gives Big Show another reason to gun after Rusev other than him being anti American. Big Show looked pretty pissed off last night and who could blame him? These turn of events give the already over Rusev more heel heat which is never a bad thing. His anti American schtick will eventually run it coarse but right now, I'm loving it. Rusev wins here and it's not even a contest. If the Big Show plans to stick around the WWE a bit longer, he'll undoubtedly be used to get others over and Rusev is the perfect example. Rusev's streak needs to remain intact until someone better/more interesting comes along.

Hamler's Prediction -Rusev will defeat Big Show.

Throwing in the marine that jumped the barricade on Monday was a smart idea — in that it gives Big Show another reason to gun after Rusev other than him being anti American. Big Show looked pretty pissed off last night and who could blame him? These turn of events give the already over Rusev more heel heat which is never a bad thing. His anti American schtick will eventually run it coarse but right now, I'm loving it. Rusev wins here and it's not even a contest. If the Big Show plans to stick around the WWE a bit longer, he'll undoubtedly be used to get others over and Rusev is the perfect example. Rusev's streak needs to remain intact until someone better/more interesting comes along.

Hamler's Prediction -Rusev will defeat Big Show.

I think it was disgusting to be honest. It was uncalled for and a terribly disrespectful move to our armed forces whether it was real or fake.

You didn't need that to push this overboard, people are sick of Rusev as it is.

Furthermore, it bordered on "Attitude Era" and I am sick of blurring the lines. Either go back to attitude era type stuff or stay away from it, period.

I think it was disgusting to be honest. It was uncalled for and a terribly disrespectful move to our armed forces whether it was real or fake.

You didn't need that to push this overboard, people are sick of Rusev as it is.

Furthermore, it bordered on "Attitude Era" and I am sick of blurring the lines. Either go back to attitude era type stuff or stay away from it, period.
There's no difference between what the WWE did and what a tv show or a movie usually does when the WWE is essentially live theater anyways. That's like saying it's disrespectful when a twisted guy on Law and Order SVU sexually abuses a child when it's all apart of the act. It's entertainment and nothing more.

I almost didn't know it was a work. I did 12 years, 2 combat deployments, and what I can say about the average soldier is that he's stupid enough to do some ignorant shit like run into the ring.

Perfect move to give this feud some extra heat.

There's no difference between what the WWE did and what a tv show or a movie usually does when the WWE is essentially live theater anyways. That's like saying it's disrespectful when a twisted guy on Law and Order SVU sexually abuses a child when it's all apart of the act. It's entertainment and nothing more.

we'll have to agree to disagree then...

as referenced above, not only did it make the men (and women) who serve in our armed forces as somewhat stupid for thinking they can hop a barrier and get in a ring....

but it's one thing to rip a flag and speak badly about America per Rusev's angle, it's another to kick a supposed soldier in the head...

I know it's fake, it's drama, at the end of the day it's not a big deal... but it was uncalled for...

furthermore, they play an angle where Big Show has to go through sensitivity training for ripping down a russian flag... but nothing is going to happen to Rusev for kicking a fan/"Soldier" in the head?

Rusev wins, obviously. There's no legit reason whatsoever for Show to walk away with the victory here, and Henry turning heel on Show should be the bigger storyline after the match is over. I'm not too crazy about this one either, but we're at a "it's the best WWE can do right now" point, with Rusev crushing his former challengers.

20141023_EP_LIGHT_HIAC_Show-Russev_HOME.jpg

This is going to be rather boring and is my prediction for the 2nd worst match of the night other than the "match" that The Bellas are going to have. Big Show is NOT the one who should defeat Rusev. If he gets the win here, then the entire Rusev push would have been for nothing. Big Show doesn't NEED the win. The big victory against Rusev needs to come from someone who benefits from the win, and if they keep going with the revolving door of "American heroes" to face him, it needs to be someone who actually fits in that role. If anyone out of Rusev's victims should have won, it was Jack Swagger. At least Swagger made sense as the "American hero". Big E didn't, Henry didn't, and Big Show doesn't. That's without even addressing how boring the match is likely going to be. Big Show might still get his chance to knock Rusev out, but Rusev's getting the actual victory in the match. I hope this goes on earlier so that we can get it over with, but it will probably be going on in the middle of the evening. Rusev wins and goes on to his next opponent, probably the US Champion. Big Show goes back to doing more irrelevant filler feuds no one cares about.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Rusev will defeat Big Show.

I think Rusev will win, but it won't be a clean one.

Remember that Big Show's last major feud was with Orton and despite Orton being more relevant, he still needed help. Big Show loses the majority of his feuds, but he rarely loses cleanly. I personally suspect either

- Rusev will use dirty tactics, but win.
- It will be an ambiguous victory, where Rusev wins but in a controversial decision that leads to a rematch at the next PPV. Or at least the following RAW
- Mark Henry turns heel and betrays the Big Show out of jealously, leading to that feud while Rusev moves on to Sheamus. I'm actually leaning towards this, as I don't see why they're doing the losing streak storyline with Henry right now unless his character comes to the realization that he's gone soft.

So based on Rusev getting a pretty easy win here, there's no sense he will lose any time soon...

How much longer can they go with this angle? It's getting really old and tiring already

Damn it, I was wrong. I was surprised how easy Rusev beat Show. But it was an unsatisfying match either way. Their first match on Smackdown was short, but very entertaining and fast paced. Their RAW rematch was very effective in terms of its storyline. But this...Do they really want to make Rusev participate in one of the lackluster confrontations of a paid PPV? That seems to designed to generate the wrong kind of heat. If anything, we should see Rusev at his most exciting.

And yet again...Rusev continues to build momentum, a momentum that will be splattered by Cena at WM...then it's midcard or god forbid...a face turn.

Are you kidding me? Rusev performing a dropkick? Rusev executing a friggin' suplex on Big Show? C'mon....this guy is good and getting better every time out.

I enjoyed the whole feud, culminating with this match. Rusev systematically dismantled Show, chopping away at different body parts and making the whole thing look believable, which is often not the case in a Big Show match.

The end was interesting, in that I don't know what Mark Henry was so mad about as he stood in the ring, yelling threats at Rusev. After all, Rusev won the match fair & square; there was no sneaky stuff by Rusev or interference by Lana. Plainly, WWE has plans for this guy, and last night's action indicates he deserves everything he gets.

I presume that tonight will feature Big Show on the mic, eating some humble pie after having failed to defeat the Russian menace. He did his job well.....he's an enhancement talent now and he......well, enhanced.

The suplex was really the best part. The dropkick...I have to admit, I often forget how difficult it is to perform that maneuver. I remember when the Big Show could do it though and that left an impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back