WWE Great Balls Of Fire - Seth Rollins VS Bray Wyatt

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I feel that this match is ultimately little more than something to keep Seth Rollins busy until/if he gets an opportunity to face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship. I like Bray Wyatt, but we've seen him deliver this same sort of promo numerous times before ultimately getting his ass kicked so it's hard to really buy into the hype. I'm at a point where I'd probably rather see him start up the Wyatt Family again and ultimately just be the mouthpiece/hype man/leader rather than a competing wrestler.

I feel nothing for this feud.

Rollins hasn't clicked with me as a face. Wyatt became the biggest idiot in the world after letting Orton kill the family, burn his house, beat him at Wrestlemania with ease and take the WWE title from him.
Seth became a face for all the wrong reasons and he just doesn't do it for me for some reason.

If Rollins wins, who cares, if Wyatt wins, then what does that make Rollins? I guess Rollins should win, in order to avoid the 50-50 booking. One of them defeated HHH clean at Wrestlemania and the other one lost everything he had to one guy, so clearly, Rollins >>>> Wyatt and this should be shown to the casual as well.

Plus, they need to focus on Rollins' future more. They should at least assemble a plan.

I honestly forget about a majority of people when they feud with Bray Wyatt maybe outside of Randy. Bray has been in like so many upper mid card / Main event filler feuds it is insane. Jericho, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer, Undertaker, Kane, The Dudleyz, Lesnar, Cena, etc. I love the dude and being that go to guy isn't exactly a bad spot to be in to any regard, but man he is just unbearable. I could watch a 10 minute good Rollins promo followed by a legendary retort. Then follow that with an absolute classic of a match and even then I doubt I'd remember considering how he has been booked for so long.

It's random nonsense feud number 34 for Bray Wyatt. I have no idea why they are feuding nor do I care. Unless I missed something, Bray just literally began talking shit about Rollins one raw a few weeks ago and Rollins came out looking for a fight. They didn't cost each other the Fatal Five way or anything so why is this happening? I didn't even know this match was official until I saw the title of the thread.

I was never a Bray Wyatt fan but I can't deny he has had some of the worst booking in history. He talks and talks about...whatever it is and he ends up getting beat. Not just lost a competitive match beat, but looks like his opponent just swatted a fly away beat. He then never mentions it again and picks another random name to go after next. You would think having your house burned down, family destroyed and whatever it was that happened to sister Abigail would leave a lasting impression, but he hasn't mentioned any of that or the house of horrors match or really anything at all. There's just no continuity with him. It's Bray loses decisively and then creative hits the reset button.

Rollins for the win. For obvious reasons and hes on the cover of the game this year. Either that or Bray will win cheaply and this will continue going for unknown reasons until Summerslam or something because WWE likes having the same match a hundred times before moving on to something else. I get building a story by having people fight numerous times if it calls for it but when is there ever a reason for repetitive matches in WWE? Besides the stupid rematch clause I can't think of any other than it buys creative time.

Rollins as a face is doing nothing for me whatsoever. Really bland.
After watching the 2k18 trailer, I would love him to go back into being a smart type heel and actually live up to the whole Architect character going forward.

Heck, when one thinks about it, the Shield was always out for itself and its sense of justice. Reigns is already a Tweener, Ambrose is crazy.. no reason for Rollins to be locked in as a bland face either. He was much more entertaining as a heel and that Trailer showed him perfectly, lMO.

As for Wyatt.. guy needs a face turn asap and a drop down the card to the IC title. Miz is current IC champion... WWE, take note.

Rollins as a face is doing nothing for me whatsoever. Really bland.
After watching the 2k18 trailer, I would love him to go back into being a smart type heel and actually live up to the whole Architect character going forward.

Heck, when one thinks about it, the Shield was always out for itself and its sense of justice. Reigns is already a Tweener, Ambrose is crazy.. no reason for Rollins to be locked in as a bland face either. He was much more entertaining as a heel and that Trailer showed him perfectly, lMO.

As for Wyatt.. guy needs a face turn asap and a drop down the card to the IC title. Miz is current IC champion... WWE, take note.

Why can't he be a smart face? Also, when did he do anything smart as a heel or an architect anyways?

Bray Wyatt should mesmerize Seth during the end of the match and actually turn somebody crazy for once. I thought they were going to do it awhile ago when he feuded with John Cena at Mania and Cena fought with his inner demons during the match. Seth could play a sadistic heel with Bray as his manager.

I feel like I've already seen this feud even though I know full well Wyatt fended with the other two Shield members. But Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins are that interchangeable to me these days I'm experiencing deja vu.

Why can't he be a smart face? Also, when did he do anything smart as a heel or an architect anyways?

His segment with Edge to bring back the Authority immediately springs to mind. There are other times also.

Question to you is, what is a 'smart' face? To my knowledge, those don't exist in the WWE unless the person does something heelish a la Orton(burning the Wyatt compound down)...
in current WWE, there are two types of faces; Bland Faces(current Seth Rollins) and Dumb Faces(practically every face on either brand rosters)..

His segment with Edge to bring back the Authority immediately springs to mind. There are other times also.

Question to you is, what is a 'smart' face? To my knowledge, those don't exist in the WWE unless the person does something heelish a la Orton(burning the Wyatt compound down)...
in current WWE, there are two types of faces; Bland Faces(current Seth Rollins) and Dumb Faces(practically every face on either brand rosters)..

Guerrero comes to mind as the closest thing to a smart face. Of course being a smart face brings down the factor of the underdog. Being a dumb face or a badass face is fine. But being a bland face is just bad. Rollins tries to be a badass. He just doesn't have it. Nor does he have the charisma to be a top face. At least something that stands out.

Guerrero comes to mind as the closest thing to a smart face. Of course being a smart face brings down the factor of the underdog. Being a dumb face or a badass face is fine. But being a bland face is just bad. Rollins tries to be a badass. He just doesn't have it. Nor does he have the charisma to be a top face. At least something that stands out.

Technically, Rollins is a top face. He's one of the few faces that gets almost unanimously cheered by the audience so by definition, he is the top face on Raw. Seth gets a lot of flack on the boards for being a shitty face (for some reason) but the people always seem to give him an extremely strong reaction, which for a straight-laced babyface in this era, is incredibly rare. The only other one I can think of at this point (other than the recently debuted Nakamura) is AJ Styles, and you can argue that he's not exactly a squeaky-clean face himself.

As for the match, Rollins should win. Everyone always says Bray Wyatt "can't afford to lose" and every time... he loses, and remains in the exact same spot he was in before he lost. That's the beauty of Wyatt. He's a guy who can eat loss after loss after loss and still remain near the top of the card. He deserves better in my opinion, but at this point, his place in the company has all but been cemented. He's a "jobber to the stars." There's really no point in having Wyatt go over here because history has shown that WWE has no clue how to handle his character.

I like Seth as a face, but honestly I thought he would be THE face, they are still pushing that on Roman unfortunately.

I just wish that after WM, Roman turned heel and mega heel Roman vs Baby face Seth would have been an awesome feud.

Bray Wyatt is a joke these days.

There's really no point in having Wyatt go over here because history has shown that WWE has no clue how to handle his character.

And that is it in a nutshell. Since he debuted with one of the more interesting characters on the roster, they have had no idea how to handle him. He could have gone is so many different directions, but the WWE have kept him the same ****e, different housecoat mode in every feud.

The one time that Wyatt did surprise me was that mini face turn awhile back, but sure enough he was back to his rambling old self before long. Like everyone else has said, this is a nonsense feud with nothing of substance in it at all. It's just to keep Rollins on TV until he faces Lesnar later this year. I'm afraid this is what will happen to Balor, Wyatt and the other main event talent until Reigns takes Lesnar down at Mania. It's a total waste of a year and good talent that aren't getting any younger. But we have to keep Vince's obsession with Reigns going at all costs.

And that is it in a nutshell. Since he debuted with one of the more interesting characters on the roster, they have had no idea how to handle him. He could have gone is so many different directions, but the WWE have kept him the same ****e, different housecoat mode in every feud.

The one time that Wyatt did surprise me was that mini face turn awhile back, but sure enough he was back to his rambling old self before long. Like everyone else has said, this is a nonsense feud with nothing of substance in it at all. It's just to keep Rollins on TV until he faces Lesnar later this year. I'm afraid this is what will happen to Balor, Wyatt and the other main event talent until Reigns takes Lesnar down at Mania. It's a total waste of a year and good talent that aren't getting any younger. But we have to keep Vince's obsession with Reigns going at all costs.
I'm still waiting for Bray Wyatt to turn face. That face turn for just two weeks were some of the best work of Bray Wyatt. But we won't get it.

Another filler feud for Bray Wyatt. We've heard Rollins, Bálor, Strowman getting a title shot in future. But nothing about this unique character. Mostly thrown in filler feuds with messy booking. Rollins wins the match and then moves onto a bigger opponent. Or this feud is extended until Summerslam via some screwy finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back