WWE Friday Night SmackDown! LD! - 3/18/2011

I hate that damn WM commercial. Every fucking time they aired it on the Tron all of the kids started singing that damn song in the arena.

Brodus Clay's got a gret presence about him.

He'll have a great future with a Vader type gimmick. Go out there and kick someone's ass.

Cody's a crazy man. I just wish the mask was completely white.

I almost want to try and use Photoshop on this old computer just to make a new sig for PsyCody.

Wait a minute.

I taped the show so far, I'm in the first match with Edge vs. Clay. Well, so much for the live discussion.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kane and Show winning the belts. They were pretty dominant last time they had it.

Just stopping in with this breaking news story:

Alberto Del Rio's promo was dogshit.

The same dogshit he's been spewing for weeks. I get that he barely speaks English, but all he says is destiny. He's the wrestling version of Obama with change! In this case though, the results are scripted and if ADR goes over at Wrestlemania, I may riot. That is, unless he loses like the next night to Christian. That is the ONLY justification for giving a prestigious title to that dog terd wrapped in a fancy entrance.

Christ Masters is writhing in pain. Pain caused (in part) by Michael Cole. Michael Cole made a wrestler scream in agony.

Mind. Blown.

Heh. Ted DiBiase being fed to Cody Rhodes' wrestlemania opponent. Wouldn't have guessed this back when Legacy was around.

The fuck is it with older members of this forum and the word "dogshit"

Are you calling me old?

Ok, insert whatever phrasology you want, but I'm not feeling ADR. If you strip him of his fancy entrance and the big promotion that surrounds him, he hasn't been very good. So far, his match against Edge is the one I'm least excited about at Wrestlemania.

Now, if they added Christian to that............

Are you calling me old?

Ok, insert whatever phrasology you want, but I'm not feeling ADR. If you strip him of his fancy entrance and the big promotion that surrounds him, he hasn't been very good. So far, his match against Edge is the one I'm least excited about at Wrestlemania.

I couldn't agree with you more. ADR is just so uninteresting to me.

Are you calling me old?

Not seriously. :)

I can kind of agree with you, in that his match with Edge really hasn't been built up very well. Adding in Christian would really be a great way to add some personal story to it. I however really like ADR, so.

God, why can't this just be a divas tag match? Why must Morrison and Ziggler be involved? UGH.

Dude. Morrison and Ziggler will probably be getting the most ringtime, and think about it this way: They're two hot rising young stars in the Mania match that's going to be getting the most mainstream media coverage.

Watched Smackdown a bit early tonight so I could get my review up before I head out for the night. Gots me some drinking to do, yessir. Anyways, here it is:

WWE Friday Night Smackdown 3/18/11 Review

Obviously, beware of spoilers. Shit there's only 20 minutes left in the show in the US anyways, whatever. Take it easy guys.

Dude. Morrison and Ziggler will probably be getting the most ringtime, and think about it this way: They're two hot rising young stars in the Mania match that's going to be getting the most mainstream media coverage.

True, that is a good way to look at it. I'm trying to keep an open mind about this match. After the pushes that both men have received the last few months, I expected them to do more at WM so this tag match as been had to digest for me.

I guess this shouldn't be too bad. JoMo and Dolph are great , Laycool are solid and Trish is (albeit rusty)Trish. Fingers are crossed.

Not seriously. :)

I can kind of agree with you, in that his match with Edge really hasn't been built up very well. Adding in Christian would really be a great way to add some personal story to it. I however really like ADR, so.

See, here's the problem. Had ADR WON the title for some reason, having Christian come back and challenge him would be a perfect, built-in storyline. Then, you could add Edge in as the guy who lost the belt and you have an interesting 3 way dance. As it stands, you have a Mexican babbling on about destiny who got to where he did by injuring some guys and winning the Rumble. He's given no one a reason to care and the heat between Edge and Del Rio is non existent.

The thing is, having Christian come back on Edge's side SHOULD have been used as a reason for Edge hating ADR, but it hasn't come off that way. Literally every week you just hear "it's my destiny to win". Nothing more, and that's where we are.

I was impressed with Del Rio when he debuted and the character has potential. Six months in, he's repetitive and blah though. Big intro, not much after that. It's like having the best pickup lines and a pretty face so the ladies like you, but they always find that 3 inch package afterwords. Just underwhelming when you get to it.

On another note, Christian NEEDS to get the title soon. Nobody gets a bigger pop on Smackdown. How long can that possibly be ignored? And if he turns heel at Wrestlemania, I may have to kick some faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back