WWE Fastlane Kickoff: WWE United States Championship - Kalisto (c) VS Alberto Del Rio

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This match was announced last night and, according to reports, Del Rio was scheduled to undergo medical exams yesterday to determine the extent of his injury. Given that this match was announced, Del Rio's injury must not be all that serious and 3 weeks is believed to be enough time for him to fully recover.

All in all, while not exactly one for the ages, they've had a decent David vs. Goliath sort of feud here; I could've done without the 24 hour run for Kalisto, but it could've been a lot worse I suppose. They've had a series of fun matches and this one should be no different, though I think this should be the match that puts this feud to bed or another wrestler is introduced into the mix. Kalisto as the scrappy underdog US champ is infinitely more entertaining than Del Rio, at least for me, and fans are getting solidly behind Kalisto. I'm not hating on Del Rio, the guy's a lot of fun to watch inside the ring, but I'm just not intrigued by him as a singles champ. Truthfully, I'd rather see him head into the tag team picture with someone.

Del Rio may bore some people, and he may frequently only half-ass it on non-PPV shows like Raw and Smackdown, but his heat is certainly strong enough to help propel young guys like Kalisto. They need to do some rehearsals together, to cut down on the botches, but I don't hate this feud.

Kalisto retains and goes into WrestleMania the champ.

I'm not hating on Del Rio, the guy's a lot of fun to watch inside the ring, but I'm just not intrigued by him as a singles champ. Truthfully, I'd rather see him head into the tag team picture with someone.

Honestly, I think Del Rio would be a more interesting figure had WWE kept him as he was presented upon first joining the company; the rich dude of practically royal Latino heritage. Remember his promos from the hacienda before he ever hit the ring? I don't know why they dropped that; I thought he could have done a great job as an aristocratic version of Ted DiBiase.

Still, he could have gone over in the same manner as the leader of a tag team, ordering the others around and projecting a regal presence.

As for Kalisto vs. Del Rio, I can't imagine why ADR would win at Fastlane. If the goal is to keep pushing Kalisto as the next Mysterio/Sin Cara.....they're already there. I don't see what another exchange of title belts between the two would accomplish.

I see no chance of Alberto Del Rio defeating Kalisto again and regaining the US title again! But then I didnot see Kalisto losing the title in 24 hours too! :shrug:

I just hope Kalisto doesnot lose it again at Fastlane. Kalisto should defeat Del Rio at Fastlane and thus end their feud and initiate the Wrestlemania 32 feud regarding US Title.

:devil:

Kalisto has to go over here, unless they are elevating him with a losing feud and then putting the strap on Del Rio for 6+ months. Nothing else makes much sense.

I am in the minority in that Kalisto does very little for me. I think I would like him, but I HATE his entrance. Hate it. And it makes me hate everything about him. Completely irrational for sure, but just how it is.

Del Rio on the other hand could be a total superstar. He was packaged great with Rodriguez and the cars and the scarf. Then he kind of went face, then he didn't like racists, then he did like racists, then he beat Cena clean! Now he can't beat Kalisto?

I don't get it. The E has such a tough time creating narrative around characters and it is killing their product right now. Brock and Cena have narratives ... so they draw. Reigns? They never made his narrative correct, they tried to paint him as the underdog when he wasn't. Ambrose. He was the smart leader of a great faction. Crazy, but cunning. Now he is just a lunatic running around making goofy faces. Ziggler? The Miz? Sheamus?

It is like a bunch of ADHD kids write every episode of WWE television.

They won't hot potato the title again, Kallisto goes over, exactly like we expect.

Del Rio is reportedly hurt, so I put another strike against his chances.

I think this Feud has played out and I don't see much coming from this, except Kallisto gets the sure nail in the coffin to win the rivalry.

I think ADR wins here. Maybe we could see a Rusev/ADR feud down the line for the US title. League of Nations have died down quite a bit.

I thought the Rumble was the rubber match. Well, here we are with a fourth Kalisto vs Del Rio match. No, actually it's the SIXTH match between Kalisto and Alberto Del Rio in the last four months. So with that being said, add a stipulation! Make this thing a ladder match.

The score is currently 3-2 for Kalisto, so I guess in order to really wrap up this feud, Kalisto wins and goes on to Wrestlemania as the champ. Alberto Del Rio winning really makes no sense at this point and would only create an endless loop, which would likely provide 2 more matches, which is really unecessary at this point.

I thought the Rumble was the rubber match. Well, here we are with a fourth Kalisto vs Del Rio match. No, actually it's the SIXTH match between Kalisto and Alberto Del Rio in the last four months. So with that being said, add a stipulation! Make this thing a ladder match.

The score is currently 3-2 for Kalisto, so I guess in order to really wrap up this feud, Kalisto wins and goes on to Wrestlemania as the champ. Alberto Del Rio winning really makes no sense at this point and would only create an endless loop, which would likely provide 2 more matches, which is really unecessary at this point.

This US title match has flipped over many times that I flipp my pancakes
This indicates ADR should win the title at craplane if not then ADR wins his title back at WM32

Ugh, I could do without seeing this match to be very honest with you. This feud has been going on for far too long with no real pay off. The fans don't like Del Rio and couldn't care less about him being the US Champion. Kalisto seems like a great talent and should be allowed the platform and opportunity to continue growing and showing his promise as a Champion. My only hope for this match is that the WWE show a little faith in Kalisto and have him go over Del Rio in a semi-convincing fashion.

Let's gets this rematch out of the way and then really see what Kalisto can do against others.

Can see Kalisto getting the win and then it setting up a match against Sin Cara at Mania. Not sure how much people would be in to that but a mask vs mask match has been a Vince fantasy for a while apparently.

Why can't this make the main card?

Regardless it should be a good match even though we've seen it so much.

I predict Alberto Del Rio will win and Kalisto will go back to the tag team division with Sin Cara full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back