• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE.com names 15 Superstars who should return for 1 more match

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
WWE.com has named 15 Superstars that should return to WWE for 1 more match. Could this be a reach out to a few? Or is it a pure fantasy list?

Some are near impossible but a few of them are definately possible. Did this miss anyone?

15. Scott Steiner, 14. Honky Tonk Man, 13. Michelle McCool, 12. Steve Blackman, 11. JBL, 10. Mick Foley, 9. Edge, 8. Shane McMahon, 7. Goldberg, 6. Trish Stratus, 5. Shawn Michaels, 4. Bret Hart, 3. Batista, 2. Ultimate Warrior, 1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/one-more-match

It's a bit stupid really as they know better than anyone Edge can't return... nor should Austin really (unless he was lying about the severity of his problems all these years)

Then you get the ones who could have... Blackman was supposed to be on RAW 1000... but for whatever reason WWE blew that one...

Then the ones no one cares about... Steiner, meh, Honky Tonk, no thanks... JBL make him a commentator not a worker.

Then the ones who maybe should if they can get it right and not look washed up like Bret, Warrior and Shane...

It's a typical fluff piece from WWE with no real basis in reality... Batista is the only one who could realistically contribute to WWE and I think from the trailers he is gonna pop as a movie star from the "Man With The Iron Fists" movie as he looks damn good in it. So it's the most likely

Shawn... No... Never... they have started it already though which is ridiculous because someone, sometime has to honor a retirement stip...and besides Shawn looks worse everytime he appears on WWE TV. Like Ill..

Who cares? Anyone can have "one more match".

Doesn't neccessarily mean a good one though. Please review Hogan's stream of "one more matches" he has had over the last decade, and there quality.

If Edge ever got hard up for cash, I'm sure he could strap knee pad's over some jeans and and out a couple chair shots in some "no holds barred" type of match. AkA. can't actually wrestle anymore.

Thats all that means. No holds barred roughly translates to " can't take a suplex with out my shit exloding."

All that being said, I would only really care about 9 of those returns. Austin, being the white whale of the bunch.... and then Goldberg being the "oh it would be fun to see him come out and flatten Slater and yell" type of nestalgia.

Most of the names on this list are too injured (Austin, Edge, Hart, HBK) or broken down and or not that good to begin with (Steiner, Honky Tonk, Warrior) that a "Last Match" concept would likely be a disaster. Batista & Goldberg are the only ones legitamately who fans would care about it and deliver a potentially good match.

All in all, this is one of the least thoughtful lists WWE has put out in a long time. Its a conversation piece though, which generates conversation on sites like this and web traffic on WWE.COM, which is what they want.

Shawn... No... Never... they have started it already though which is ridiculous because someone, sometime has to honor a retirement stip...and besides Shawn looks worse everytime he appears on WWE TV. Like Ill..

Really? So someone can retire, not wrestle for 3 or more years, then come back for a 1 time only specialty match, and that is "not" honoring a retirement stip? Even though he *never* said that he would categorically never wrestle again? You think doing something once or even once a year or once in a great while is the same as doing it week in and week out? I think you have a funny idea of retirement.

HBK should never come back as a full time active in ring performer, but if he wants to have one more match, that would awesome and I would damn sure pay to see it.

I also find it funny that you rank black hole of Charisma Steve Blackman over "no one cares about" guys like Steiner and JBL. I would love to see either of those men back in the ring.

Honestly, I would like to see Scott Steiner. He could even come back for "1 last run". He could b Alberto's henchman as he wins the world title. Realize he's gettin used and turn on him.

JBL would be best as a commentator.

Nobody wants to see Warrior, Honky Tonk, Michelle McCool, Bret Hart, Mick Foley or Trisha Stratus in a match anymore. They would bring no value and I honestly doubt (with the exception of the 2 females.......MAYBE) that they would be able to put on a good match.

Austin. Yea I can see it. It's a matter of right person, time and place.

Goldberg too but I only see him coming back to destroy Heath Slater. Nothing more.

I would love to see Shane come back but never in a 1 Last Match compacity.

I absolutely love how they mention Steiner's rants on TNA as of late (before TNA threatened him with legal action):

"Few Superstars have been so ... vocal ... during their retirement from the ring as Scott Steiner, as evidenced by his presence on social media. And, in this age of social media, it might just be the perfect time for "Big Poppa Pump" to make himself heard in a return to the ring."

WWE.com has named 15 Superstars that should return to WWE for 1 more match. Could this be a reach out to a few? Or is it a pure fantasy list?

Some are near impossible but a few of them are definately possible. Did this miss anyone?

15. Scott Steiner, 14. Honky Tonk Man, 13. Michelle McCool, 12. Steve Blackman, 11. JBL, 10. Mick Foley, 9. Edge, 8. Shane McMahon, 7. Goldberg, 6. Trish Stratus, 5. Shawn Michaels, 4. Bret Hart, 3. Batista, 2. Ultimate Warrior, 1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

I think that just answers that question, why would WWE reach out to Shane? It is just a pure fantasy list... when will people learn these WWE.com articles are just fantasy... much like the return of championships and so on that they have been doing for months.

But nonetheless:

Someone like Blackman would be interesting considering he is likely to be in the best shape out of the lot of the male wrestlers, however there is simply no value in him. He would have been ideal for beating Heath Slater.

Steiner, I don't see happening nor can see the value in it happening.

Shawn Michaels does make sense and could easily be fitted into the Lesnar plot, comes out of retirement gets beat by Lesnar and can claim to retired him leading to Undertaker taking note. Set up a Wrestlemania match with that one with the possibility of HBK and HHH helping out (Following on from when they all walked out together last year)

Shane would always be a welcome if he is in good shape to pull off a match, however the story plot would have to be good to explain why he is there when he has nothing to do with the company

Bret Hart... we already had his match and should never ever happen again, he is just in no shape to be in the ring.

Edge... no point risking it, if he retired on the first notice of the doctors then that tells everybody how serious it is.

Honky Tonk Man... only for Heath Slater/Santinos etc, anything else pointless

Foley... possibly but has to be in a hardcore environment to allow to get the best out of him, one on one matches just no.

McCool... interesting one, perhaps to team up with Layla to go against a two divas but given the state of the division, isn't happening any time soon.

JBL... give him a mic and nothing more, don't know what he can offer in a full match

Batista... still recent and still someone who looks like he can kick your ass, although as a one more match can't see a story for it.

Warrior... plain no.

Trish Status... already happened much like McCool can easily be brought in for a tag match or as a favor for Booker... given their recent history.

Austin... only if it is Punk or Cena, anyone else is a waste.

no, no, no.

Please.

We all love them all, but they're retired. Some for medical problems, other just for age. We don't need the shadow of a wrestler. We all have see the last match of Kevin Hash. Awful. We all see that Bret Hart can't wrestler anymore.
And so Stone Cold. I love him, but we can pretend an high level match.

Of course I'd like to see again Hbk and Edge, they stops too early. But they can't. And of course I'd like too see Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior fighting. But fight as good as 10, 15 years agoo... it's only a dream.

Maybe the only one we can really see again is Batista (I don't now the state of Goldberg). But please, leave us remember them as legend, not as old man trying to be young...

I would prefer none of them would come back. I'm more than content watching their classic matches from yesteryear. Lets break down everyone:

15. Scott Steiner - Although entertaining I would rather it be with Rick.
14. Honky Tonk Man - I saw his match with Santino a few years ago. Fuck that.
13. Michelle McCool - It's Michelle McCool, who cares?
12. Steve Blackman - Not a big star but I wouldn't hate seeing him again.
11. JBL - Love JBL, why not?
10. Mick Foley - I think I've seen enough of Mick Foley wrestling.
9. Edge - No. He will have to play it safe too much.
8. Shane McMahon - He should be #1 on the list not Austin.
7. Goldberg - Goldberg squash fest? I'm up for that.
6. Trish Stratus - She can still go in the ring. Sure.
5. Shawn Michaels - He would put on a great match but no. I'm happy seeing him retired
4. Bret Hart - Would put on a passable match but stay retired.
3. Batista - I'm ok with that.
2. Ultimate Warrior - Saw his match in '08, so no.
1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin - In theory it would be awesome but like Michaels there are certain guys I would like to stay retired and Austin's one of them so no.

Although I would be ok with certain people coming back for one last hurrah all in all I would prefer they stay off TV and they let the new guys do their thing and get better. If there is one thing that I hate in WWE these days its the extreme over use of legends. It's to a point any of them showing up isn't even special anymore. The only one that would be special is if Warrior came back.

I, for one, would love it if all 15 of these SuperStars came back. If it had to be for just one night only, then of course, that night would have to be WrestleMania. In the condition that most of these SuperStars are in, I’d just put them in a Battle Royal. Of course, I’d have to add 2 more legends, since 2 listed are Legendary Divas.

Match # 1

Undisputed WWE Women’s / Divas Championship (or just a dream match with no Titles involved)

Trish Stratus vs. Michelle McCool

Match # 2

15 Legend Battle Royal

1. Scott Steiner
2. Honky Tonk Man
3. Steve Blackman
4. JBL
5. Mick Foley
6. Edge
7. Shane McMahon
8. Goldberg
9. Shawn Michaels
10. Bret Hart
11. Batista
12. Ultimate Warrior
13. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

And the two Legends I would include to replace the greatest Women’s Champion ever and the greatest Divas Champion ever

14. Chris Jericho, because he’s my favorite of all time, and he just left.
15. Undertaker, because winning a 15 Man Battle Royal at WrestleMania would just make The Streak that much more impressive!!

Scott Steiner is a complete asshole on the independent circuit. Putting him in a PG environment probably wouldn't be the best idea.

I can totally see HBK and Shane having one more match. If the HHH/Lesnar feud somehow continues, Brock could involve the whole family just as Orton did.

Edge is done, no more matches, he'd kill himself. Austin isn't in the greatest shape either. Give SCSA some time though as it's still possible for him to wrestle at WrestleMania 29 or 30.

People really stopped caring about Mick Foley appearances, he's not the same anymore.

Alot of this list i really don't care for, but i would like to see Goldberg or Batista make a return.

If Chyna hadnt' taken such a hard fall she would have been a better bet than Michelle McCool. McCool is just a case of "married to UT = get what you want" but she was never high caliber, at least not at the level of Trish, Chyna, or any of the women who came before that - Moolah, Mae, Wendy, etc. With Chyna out of the picture a far better opponent for Trish would have been Lita - can't imagine why they left her off that list. I get the comments of other posters about "long past retirement" matches but The Rock seems to be doing okay. Edge is a never happen - the other person said it - that woudl literally kill him, or paralyze him. Too great a risk he'd be a damn fool to take even if WWE did ask. Bret Hart can't anymore either, also for medical reasons - not his fault. HBK - similar situation but enough "pizzaz" to his personality even with safety for health figured in he'd probably pull it off. Shane was very entertaining. Scott Steiner is has been a jerk but his "buzz words" (freaks, holla, etc.) aren't of themselves "swearing" so WWE might get away with him. Mick Foley is just generally loved and whether he should do it or not, he'd give his fall for the performance - the guy always has. But I haev to go with SCSA for the top spot. All the arena - no matter which one itis - would have to hear is the breaking glass and the "pop" would be on.

15. Scott Steiner
The only thing I see Steiner being good for, is for a feud with Ryback. Steiner was the first estabilished name that Samoa Joe faced when he had his winning streak in TNA and Steiner put him over, legitimizing that streak. It would be great if he could do the same for Ryback.

14. Honky Tonk Man
Maybe for a segment with Heath Slater or he could become his manager but that's all I see him being worthy for.

13. Michelle McCool
The kitchen needs her more.

12. Steve Blackman
This is one guy I've been dying to see back in the WWE but not for a full time return, he'd be good for a one night only return like against Heath Slater or someone else but that's about it. Maybe he could become a road agent but then again he has opened up a school, giving classes on MMA, wrestling and all sorts, so he probably wouldn't have time.

11. JBL
It's been mentioned many times that he would be better returning as a commentator or GM and I couldn't agree more.

10. Mick Foley
Not for a full time return but it would be great if he picked up where he left off in 2006 and put some young talent over like every few years.

9. Edge
Impossible for him to return.

8. Shane McMahon
Nah.

7. Goldberg
Hell yeah! WWE needs more big names for their main event scene and I believe he could still go full time if he wanted to. Would love to see him against Cena and have that dream match with Undertaker. Also the WWE is PG, so he should feel right at home unlike in 2003.

6. Trish Stratus
Meh. Womens Division is slowly dying, no point.

5. Shawn Michaels
Unless it's against The Rock, no.

4. Bret Hart
Hell...No! Did they watch Wrestlemania 26 or what?

3. Batista
No. He isn't ever gonna go back anyway cause he despises WWE being PG but even if WWE went back to the Attitude/Ruthless Aggression eras, I still wouldn't want to see him back anyway. WWE has done better without him imo.

2. Ultimate Warrior
Nope.

1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
If he can go and if he wants to, Oh Hell Yeah! I see people always saying he isn't in great shape but nobody except Austin truly knows that, and he's confirmed he can still go, so I'll take Austin's word for it over anybody elses.

Some others I'd love to see come back for one night only matches are Ken Shamrock, Ahmed Johnson, D-Lo Brown (when he leaves TNA), Billy Gunn, X-Pac and maybe Hardcore Holly.

I would love to see Edge come back for one last go. Sadly the injury edge has is definitely not one to play around with. But this one more than the other I would like to see due to the fact that he wasn't at the end of his career.

Stone cold would be awesome to see again. Cena, Punk, Taker, hell even Ziggler and Bryan if you want something different. As far as I know, he has no extreme injry that would prevent this from happening. As long as he is physically capable, I don't see why not.

JBL would look at the commentary table, but he was a truly great heel. But if he returned to the ring, it would have to be an entire feud. I dont know with who, im guessing CM Punk, but Del Rio and Orton would both be awesome. once again, i see no reason why not.

Goldberg........what more needs to be said, it be amazing. Put him against anyone. Taker, Punk, Cena, Lesnar, Rock, Sheamus , Kane Orton, i would absolutely flip out. This one seems like the most likely option, since at of everyone on the list, he seems the most capable of handling it(besides Batista).

Speaking of Batista, It is about even with Goldberg in terms of possibility.He seems pretty preoccupied with MMA and acting, but who knows, maybe he has one last bone to pick with Cena?

A big, fat, NO to Honky Tonk Man (because he's old and I always found him annoying), Edge (because I don't want him to be crippled), Bret Hart (have the WWE.com writers SEEN Wrestlemania 26?). Steve Austin I agree with, he's the biggest name on that list and I'd love to see Austin/Cena or Austin/Punk or Austin/Anyone(besides Ziggler) for that matter.

I'm not a big fan of 1 time only return matches, in the least bit. Most of the time the wrestlers doing said return matches are so old, so past their prime, and so boring it's not funny.

I've only ever enjoyed one match that was a return match, and that was Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. I knew Ricky was great, but watching his dropkick even at the age of 60 made me go back and watch a lot of his matches with Ric Flair. The hours of entertainment I received was splendid. The hours of watching him during his prime are likely the reason I have such fond memories of this return match, not so much the match itself.

Most of the time the matches we see aren't worth the risk. I'd rather not see 30-40 minutes out of Shawn Michaels only for him to feel that pain in his knees for months on months just for 30-40 minutes of my pleasure. I'd rather not see Edge risk his life by participating in one more match. I am grateful for what these men have done in their rings during their primes, and do not want to see what they're going to do when they're 50-60. I'm simply uninterested.

Otherwise I do not feel it contributes anything to the ppv, the show, or anything else really. It's a one time thing. Most of the time what we enjoy seeing out of wrestling is a feud. Two guys going at it in all reality for well over 3-4 months; and the best feuds can last a career such as: Stone Cold/Rocky, Edge/Cena, Shawn/Bret, etc.

Steiner- rather see the Steiner Brothers together for one more match
Shawn Michaels- I like what he is doing now, making appearances now and then
Shane- no, unless you see him on the titan tron buying TNA.
Bret Hart- no, cant really do much, maybe a manager
Edge- no. for one reason, not worth the risk.
Honky Tonk Man- no.
Foley-no, not in any shape.
McCool- no one of the worse wrestlers, if it wasn’t for Taker she be right above Kelly
JBL- not really rather see as commentator or something
Batista- no, he didn’t have the wrestling skills to be able to take time off, would be horrible
Warrior- no, why put your fans through that
Trish Status- yes but used well atleast
Austin- no for the same reason as Edge. But if he could why not?

People I wouldn’t mind seeing one more time(wasn’t sure if it was just people that are retired or not)

Papa Shango or Godfather- would be interesting how can you say no to voodoo or hoes? But no Kama
RVD- was just always a huge fan of his
Mickey James- one of the last divas that could wrestle. Her and Aj in a crazy storyline
Kurt Angle- even though he is killing me with his rants and DUI’s, I would like to see him at least once
Tazz- Only if he could though. But he got the shaft when he arrived the first time.
1-2-3 Kidd- have him come back as kidd not x-pac

Tag teams
Smoking Guns-why not
Steiner Brothers- one of the best even
LOD w/ Ahmad- no I’m kidding I seen what Ahamd looks like now
Harlem Heat- another great team
M.O.M.- why not
The Rockers- just would be a little nice to through Marty a decent pay check

Sorry if I missed any. All in fun.

15. Scott Steiner - Would love to see him come back as an enforcer-only role, he doesnt serve much other purpose.

14. Honky Tonk Man - Two words - HEATH SLATER lol

13. Michelle McCool - Don't care unless she comes back as a storyline piece with Taker.

12. Steve Blackman - Damn do I miss his matches brawling over the arena.

11. JBL - Doubt he is in shape to wrestle on a frequent basis (he never was the most athletic guy) but he is a great personality. I'd like to see WWE do a storyline regarding a wrestler's poor financial decisions, and JBL comes into play.

10. Mick Foley - After reviewing old matches by Foley this man needs to stay away from the ring forever. How many freakin concussions has he had.

9. Edge - Should reunite and conchairto some one w Christian other than that, stay out the ring.

8. Shane McMahon - I'd like to see one more big McMahon family storyline.

7. Goldberg - Eh, idk how I feel. Was never a huge fan.

6. Trish Stratus - Yes, please, but I feel like it would never happen. Divas now would look foolish next to her. Trish used to take bumps (Lita too) that Divas would probably have a nervous breakdown trying to attempt nowadays.

5. Shawn Michaels - Too banged up. Have a feeling he'll have another go around storyline wise.

4. Bret Hart - Mentor Tyson Kidd. Storyline involving "bringing presitge back to wrestling" aimed at the Miz or someother wreslter who never "put the work in"

3. Batista - He'll be back, ala Brock Lesnar

2. Ultimate Warrior - NO

1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin - No explanation needed.

I actually like the idea of Shane McMahon wrestling one more match. Although he is kind of the odd man on that list given he never had a career as a wrestler...I did admire his efforts. Honestly who didn't like the Coast to Coast? I really don't want to see any of the others on that list as most have paid dividends to the company already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back